• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
"You should know not to ask a lady her age, dear." Papi winked at Iluphe, stepping through the portal with her two companions.

The point where they emerged...appeared to be in an alley in one of the populated districts of Hidehor. Sturdy buildings and wide streets formed a dense urban jungle, monsters of several types going about business and living their lives in relative peace, much like...humans did. It was a testament to what these peoples could achieve when united under a strong cause like that of King Ozik. This was no place for fairies...but their own promised land would come soon enough. In the meantime, Papi noticed they were close to what seemed like a market. While everyone's life seemed to be continuing as usual here, an air of tension hovered over the population, as wars and rumors of wars approached.

Blending into the crowd, Papi picked up her antennae, searching for any bits of information that the locals might be conversing about.

"...we should declare independence..."

"...don't let any of the King's soldiers hear you say that..."

"...you hear? General Thaddeus defected..."

"...to the humans...?"

"Why do you think we haven't had orders from Darkan? They must want to use us as a buffer when the humans push back!"

In summary, the mood seemed tense at least in part because of a lack of clear direction. The occupied beastfolk and the ones loyal to Ozik were still at odds. That was an obvious weakness. Just as she often did, it would be easy to sow discord and leave them vulnerable.

Just then, a small ratfolk child bumped into what it perceived as a tall, butterfly-like being. "Sorry, miss!"

Papi smiled, tapping its furry shoulder as it ran off. "Worry not, little one. I am fine."

She watched it go, having covertly spread a bit of her mind-altering dust on its fur. If it spread it around, that might come in handy later on...

Vitch Vitch Yuri Greythorn Yuri Greythorn

Lalo was prepared to leave with Sarcove but noticed Nisa lost in thought, "hurry Nisa, you to are needed"
The slime masquerading as a catgirl followed along with the three generals arriving outside the newly constructed fort in Hidehor. "Sarcove, you mentioned contacting spirits? I imagine you won't find much even if we found the battlefield. I'm not sure of your means but we would need to make haste into karma to meet our foes."
The sunlight felt hot even through the layers protecting Lalo's skin, a demon with a halberd approached and bowed before the three. Lalo ordered the demon to prepare defenses on the northern borders, to "send the more human looking of the beastkin allied with us, but have Hellspawn ready and waiting. No one is to enter the land of Fawna by order of Ozik the king"
The Demon stood and rushed off to convey these orders and make arrangements.

"the Dragon had the right idea, those humans are going to pass lake Ostir to reach the border. Between the Dragon's ice and my nightspawn I'm sure you would have enough body to make something formidable... to make zombies out of the warriors following these champions would surely damper their morale."
======
Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3
And azenva azenva If you don't want to play that's cool but if you want to continue that is also fine.

Yuri looked around, he watched each and every person around, being the cautious person that he is, he listened, the conversations not really intriguing him. His wolf ears twitched uncomfortably, and his tail swish and flicked. His piercing green eyes scanned the area, there were so many damn beast-kin, and seemingly unaware of the Demon Generals in their presence, and it put him slightly at ease.

He looked between his two comrades, but they didn't seem to have anything to say about any of this, or were just zoning out, which it seemed to be the former. When the kid bumped into Papi, he started to move towards the kid with harmful intent, but stopped once Papi herself spoke softly towards the child, and was kind about it. He took a deep breath, closing his eyes, and he thought to himself 'I need to act like a beastkin... not a Demon..."

Sarcove
interaction: NeonFlow NeonFlow
sarcove looked down at hidehor shaking his head and letting out a bit of a sigh. "no no im sure they might know of something like this happening before there's always a chance history has repeated itself.. short lived races never seem to seeeee this" Sarcove would explain to the man. "as for zombies no no too simple.. hmm flesh golems are far more horrific and more durable"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back