• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern That shiny Lil' Wagon with the Fringe on the Top! - Weeds Interest Check

Terrier B

Elephants can smell water.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Howdy, Giddy Up and Yeet my Haw Pardners!

🤠

82318861_203986190636949_565520697506398208_n.png

Introduction

In 1843, settlers arriving at the Williamette Valley in Oregon could be granted up to about 640 acres of land, completely free of cost, with the only requirement being that you work hard, uphold good morals, and leave this place better than when you found it. All in all, a pretty sweet deal I'd reckon. And these people were just giving all that land away, for free. Imagine that, you could start anew, begin again. And all you had to do, the only thing that you had to accomplish, was partaking in a 2000 mile journey across land and sea where popular causes of death included, drowning, cholera, hypothermia, being ran over, accidental shootings, scurvy, lightning strikes, stampedes, snake bites, and introducing for 1885, Cannibalism!
And heck! That isn't even counting anything that could go b u m p in the night!
So come on down to Oregon!
If you dare

Plot Premise

So then, the Weeds.
Weeds is an RP that follows the raggliest-taggliest group of unwanted misfits you could possibly imagine, as they set out across America along the Oregon Trail. Along the way they will encounter all sorts of juicy mysteries, secrets and comes across a lovely selection of supernatural oddities.

Historical Setting + Premise

Weeds takes place in 1885 semi-alternate-universe America. I state semi-alternate as the America of this RP is almost identical to that of ours except, there are a sprinkling of supernatural elements and beings throughout the world. Nothing too major mind you, nothing that would be distracting to the main convention and idea of this RP being a Western. But think along the lines of Fairies hiding at the bottom of the garden, a Cave at the edge of the lake that the townsfolk warn you about, a strange sounding creature that howls in the night, the feeling that you're being followed when you're completely alone. That sort of thing.
Additionally, as I hope you're already aware, things were different in the 1800s than to how they are now. Homophobia, Racism, Sexism, and probably a lot of other bad 'isms' I can't think of right now, were the absolute norm in the 1880s. Women were highly oppressed, and their options were incredibly limited. Anyone at all who fell under the LGBTQ+ label would at best be imprisoned, and at worse hunted down and killed. Anyone who was not White, was simply lesser, and were not treated equally. It would be wrong to play out this RP under the impression that none of these things ever happened, so as a warning now, I must clarify that these elements will be there. I do not have it planned to be a heavy focus, but it will be a background presence.
However, this is an RP website, we are all at least somewhat here to achieve some sense of fun escapism. So feel free to make Tomboy Lady bandits, Hispanic Bounty Hunters, and ragingly gay Cowboys, I sure as heck know I will be. I just want you to all be aware of the world these characters will be living in.
I strive for this RP to have a somewhat dark sense of humour (Think along the lines of Buster Scruggs, or... any Cohen Brothers movie basically...), so people could die, and it might actually be funny, or at least somewhat humorous. But that does not mean I want to find joy in, or have anyone laughing at some of the atrocities that went down back then.
Sidenote: While the world itself contains Supernatural things, I would prefer all our characters be normal human beings if that's ok. Sorry if that's boring ;((

Rules
All usual and expected Rules apply. I encourage creativity, but given the (further discussed below) historic conventions and boundaries of the time period in question, I'd prefer it if you wouldn't straight up God-Mod into the IC. Discuss with me and everyone else first, we can have a good old natter about it.
I don't think I'll need to implement a posting order, however, if you'd like to have a 1x1 interaction with another character that may go on for quite some time, I'm going to recommend and advise that you insert a placeholder post for the time-being, write the interaction with each other through PMs or what have you, and then insert the piece into a spoiler in the place holder. This just keeps the thread relatively tidy, and satisfies my demonic aesthetic cravings.
I'm loose-ish with posting requirements? As long as it's relevant to what going on/whatever interaction your character is currently in, I'm happy for you to be relatively lax with actual lentgh. But maybe just, at least a paragraph, if that's ok? Pls ? xxx

Lore, OOC and Character Threads will be imminent!!!

But please let me know if this sounds like something you'd be interested in, and feel free to ask any questions!

oregon-trail-musical-casting-gigs-acting-jobs.jpg.644x720_q100.jpg

Laramie Lowe's Handbook to the Frontier | Lore: Realistic or Modern - Laramie Lowe's Wagon Road Guide | Weeds Lore

Burdocks Way-Bill Book | Character Thread: Realistic or Modern - Burdock Wilson's Way-Bill Book | Weeds Character Thread

The Golden Finch Saloon | OOC Thread: Soon

Last edited:
Character Thread is up!!

Excited at all this interest!!!

CS THREAD & LORE THREAD R NOW UP N ACTIVE BABIES!!!

I'll only be proper making the OOC once we all get goin, as it'll only be for notes, spare stuff, etc ;)))

IC will be started tomorrow but we are still accepting folks!!! So please feel free to make a character!!! Join the Gang!! Let’s get trekkin’!!!

IC Is up, but we are deffo still acceptin' so come on down pardners!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back