• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic That One with the Childish Delusions!

takki

Bringer of Stars and Caretaker of Seals
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Chapter 1: That One with the Childish Delusions!
Time: Monday | 7:50 | 11-08-2034
Our main character is seen walking on the sidewalk of the seemingly empty street. Aside from his footsteps, the only sound that he was hearing was the gentle-blowing wind. In his right hand was a blue-colored school bag with a notable robot-figured keychain about the size of his palm. He was wearing his student ID. He has emerald-green eyes and a black hair, and below his picture was his name, Yuruki Mikotsu. It was ultimately important for this school since the ID is used for pretty much everything. Entrance, ordering food at the cafeteria, entering doors, and the such. One would almost think that Tatsureki High is an office company, but in reality it is just a school that's already adapted to the modern era. "This atmosphere is so calming..." He mumbled. "I've only just defeated the Glazen Ice Dragon somewhere in the town last night, and no one was around to see me vanquish it. It was a child play, I must say. Anyway, today, I have to establish a deep connection with my new class--" Yuruki's internal monologue was cut off when he accidentally bumped someone in front of him. He apologized, yet when he turned behind him, the person was gone. He walked back and peeked at the street near him, yet there was no sign of them. All he knew was that the person wore a silver-colored hood, at least that's what he thought.

Shrugging it off, Yuruki continued to walk to his school. Unaware that he only had little time before classes start, he stopped in his tracks, closed his eyes, and continued with his monologue. An annoyed expression was visible all over his face. "What's with that disrespectful mortal? They dare to bump me, and not even apologize, at that? What a waste of life. If I find you again, silver hood, using my Eye of Greed, I'll swipe the soul out of your body and burn it in eternal fire, while your corpse would be nothing but a lifeless--"

"Yu-kun!"
A girl's voice shouted from a distance. Assuming that it was the girl whom she bumped into, Yuruki put his arms down without opening his eyes or clearing his sinister smile. "Oh ho? Came back to apologize to me, mortal?"

"Hurry, Yu-kun! We're going to be lateeeee!"
A blue-haired girl was running towards him. She was rather short, but she was wearing the Tatsureki High uniform. A middle-schooler..? Can't be. Tatsrureki only accepts first year high school transferees, for some reason.

What would Yuruki do?

>> Wave hello to the girl, with a smile on his face.

>> Block the path by spreading his arms wide.

>> Keep walking while paying attention to her.

I'm pretty sure everyone knows how questing works, but I'll just explain it. Basically, in every post, the questers(?) are given a set of choices. The choices influence the next post. You must only cast ONE VOTE to a choice that you prefer. You can also say why you cast that vote. I don't know if I should be making an OOC where everyone can discuss their thoughts but please do tell me if it is needed! I'll just make one

Last edited:
Oh an unreliable narrator! interesting.

-->Wave hello to the girl, with a smile on his face.
It's usually best to start with some kind of interaction

In most situations i'd go with the last of the options, but when it comes to this character I feel his natural reaction would be this. Possibly even leading to the character spouting on about whatever delusion crosses his mind.

Time: Monday | 7:55 | 11-08-2034Yuruki knew that the girl was going to school, yet he didn't know why she was running, so he assumed that she was challenging him to a race. Little did he know that he lost track of his time and thought that he was an hour early for school, which was the reason why he was taking his time walking. Challenging me to a race? You're a fool, mortal. He thought as Yuruki faced the running girl with a determined look on his face. Instead of ignoring her or at least responding to her call, he spread his arms wide enough to cover the sidewalk and prevent her from going past him. Mimicking his deep delusional voice, he spoke, "You must apologize for bumping me earlier-- Gah!"

As unexpected as the situation was, the female jumped and hugged Yuruki as hard as she can. She buried her face on his chest and started to cry. Yuruki, on the other hand, turned weak and his face burned red. There was no one around to see them in public yet he was really embarrassed. W-W-W-W-Wait, is this what they call a hero's aura? Girls would just start hugging you? I thought this kind of thing only happens in anime and manga! Whoever granted me my endless power, I love you! He looked at the girl and realized that she was crying. "It's been a while, Yu-kun..." What does she mean by that, and why is she crying?

What would Yuruki do?

>> Say "I'm sorry, but who are you?"

>> Comfort her.

>> Do nothing and cherish the moment.

>> Remember.

>> Remember.
I forgot to mention, but assuming that there are only three active people here, whenever I get two votes of the same choice, I'll already choose that choice since the third vote would lose anyway if it is a different vote.
Time: Monday | 7:57 | 11-08-2034He didn't want to do it because of certain reasons, but he thought back when he was a kid. He replayed every fun memory that he made when he was a kid in his head, until he a saw little girl in his memories. As it turns out, that little has a short blue-hair and she seemed to be crying. At that very moment, he stopped thinking and the name of the girl returned to her head. "Tenshi?" He spoke, then the she looked into his face. Tenshi's amber-brown eyes were bloodshot from crying and her cheeks were puffy. Yuruki smiled and tried to wipe off her tears with his handkerchief but Tenshi pushed him away with all her strength when she was struck with the realization of something. "H-Hey? What?" Yuruki demanded an explanation for that after she just hugged him earlier as if he was dead and came back to life. Tenshi didn't reply but she started to run again. "Hurry, Yu-kun! Save the chitchat for later, we're going to be late!" Yuruki casually checked the time, then he ran as fast as he can towards school without making anymore reactions.
347044ee1378650819b8ee00cc7b6134.jpg
Time: Monday | 8:00 | 11-08-2034Both Yuruki and Tenshi have managed to get to school in time, so they wouldn't be penalized. But, they were given advice by the security guard at the entrance that they should wake up earlier. They were still gasping for air as they were walking towards their classroom until a female stopped in front of them. Her fierce black eyes seemed to go straight into one's soul and her long silver-colored hair shows that she was either a foreigner or a cosplayer. She was just as tall as Yuruki, and her beauty seemed to go off the charts for a normal student. She might be a model, Yuruki thought, but judging from her expression, she seemed as if she was picking as fight.

What should Yuruki do?

>> Ignore the girl and keep walking towards the classroom with Tenshi.

>> Say, "Who are you?"

>> Say "Please go to you classroom already, classes are starting."

>> Say "What do you want?" in a harsh way.

Last edited:
>>Ignore the girl and keep walking towards the classroom with Tenshi.
No need to start anything when they're already nearly late for class. That aside, the other options seem like they're bait for conflict to arise.

A 1-1 vote! Since I can't see a dice roller here, I'll use a RNG to determine the choice.

1-2 -- Ignore the girl and keep walking towards the classroom with Tenshi
3-4 -- Say "What do you want?" in a harsh way.

>> Say "What do you want?" in a harsh way.
Time: Monday | 8:05 | 11-08-2034I'm talking to someone. Even though they weren't really talking, but the moment that he realized that, he felt heavy. As if his insides got heavier or the gravity below him doubled. This is probably the first time I'm talking to someone close to my age. Yuruki didn't know what he should do, but he knew he had to interact with the silver-haired female in front of them. If he stuttered, he'd leave an impression that he's a wimp who couldn't even talk to girls. He stopped thinking and crossed his arms. "What do you want? We're almost late for class, and you standing in our way would make our teacher angry if she would see us here." He spoke to her in a harsh way but in his mind, he regretted it. I think I shouldn't have done that.

"I'm not talking to you," The girl shut him off in an equally harsh manner. She switched her gaze towards Tenshi. "Don't forget about our promise, Tenshi. Also, don't act too friendly with me now, okay?" From what she said, Yuruki thought that the two knew each other from the past.

"What do you mean by that?" Tenshi asked her in a monotone voice. She's the same as me? How? Her expression showed that she was confused and surprised.

"I'm pretty sure that you didn't forget, right?" After the girl said that with a bright smile on her face that seemed to be ironic from the cold tone of her voice earlier, the teacher opened the door and scolded them, "You three! Idle chatting while classes are ongoing? It seems to me that--" Before the teacher can complete her sentence, the silver-haired female overlapped her voice, which Yuruki thought was a little disrespectful. "Worry not, sensei." She said in a gentle tone. "I was just telling these late students to avoid being late today, as they would set a bad example to our fellow classmates."

While Yuruki was about to complain about her half-lie, the teacher seemed to be considerate and accepted the reason. Because of that, they only got out with a warning before entering class.

Time: Monday | 3:00 | 11-08-2034After classes ended, the students either started to go home or hang around at school for a little bit. Yuruki, who sat beside the window, saw the second years and third years crowd the entrance and advertising their clubs so aggressively to the point where they look like man-eating tribes. The first years that have no plans of joining a club and were already going home was having it rough. Tenshi leaned towards Yuruki, who was just sitting beside her. "Hey, Yu-kun, what should we do?"

What should Yuruki do?

>> Ask her some questions.

>> Treat her to a fast-food.

>> Explore the school.

Last edited:
>> Explore the school.
Time: Monday | 15:10 | 11-08-2034"How about we explore the school?" Yuruki suggested. He thought that it was a good idea so that they wouldn't get lost in the school. He stood up and started to journey around the school. First off, they decided to visit the facilities outside of the main campus building.

While they were walking, the sun shone bright past the windows in the corridor.
16a952970444d76e7ceb83b1f22d83c1b57a3d3e.jpeg
To enter each room, a student must have their IDs with them, since the doors automatically lock when the sensor detects someone without an ID, for some reason.

Angel%20Beats!%20-%2013%20-%20Large%2007.jpg
The gymnasium. As expected, the basketball club members weren't present. They were busy advertising their club in front of the school entrance. The gym was pretty much normal-looking as expected. There was a storage room their right but they wouldn't bother going inside, since they would probably get in trouble for it.​

bogdan-mb0sco-school-canteen-web.jpg
The cafeteria. The vending machines can be used by tapping the student's ID into the scanner, which is basically the key card to everything inside the school. It is also used enter all of the doors inside the school, except for the third floor storage room and the rooftop. There was also another canteen building on the other side of where Tenshi and Yuruki were currently heading.

silent-32m44s.png
The open court. Both of them didn't bother going inside the court since there were a crowd of students hanging around. It would be too embarrassing if they were caught by their new classmates walking together and suddenly concluding the wrong idea that they were in a relationship, which can lead to rumors. After that thought, Tenshi's face went red, but she stood quiet.

After that, they were pretty much done, except that Yuruki didn't bother going towards the third floor and higher, which were all second year and third year classrooms, and also the rooftop. Aside from the storage rooms, all the other classrooms and the rooftop, they were pretty much done exploring the whole school. While they walking back to their classroom, Tenshi suggested, "Yu-kun, wanna go to the third floor storage room?" Yuruki gave a quick reply, "We aren't allowed to go there, remember? The teacher said so earlier during homeroom."

"I can't believe you're being obedient..."
She muttered inaudibly. "What?" He asked her to repeat what she said. "Come on, Yu-kun! Let's go thereeee!" Tenshi grabbed her childhood friend's shoulders and rocked it as hard as she can, like a kid desperately trying to get their parent to buy them ice cream.

What will Yuruki do?

>> Accept her suggestion.

>>
Reject her suggestion.

>> Ask her some question.

>> Treat her to a fast food.

Last edited:
>> Accept her suggestion

I know i'm outnumbered already, but I feel like we've painted Yuruki as a bit of a troublemaker prior. So continuing this trend sounds appealing to me.

>> Ask her some question.
Time: Monday | 15:45 | 11-08-2034
d6zybbk-cacc7cdf-f8db-48e1-9456-d5747492834f.jpg
Yuruki sighed before asking her a question, "What's in there that made you want to go there, anyways?" The moment those words came out of his mouth, Tenshi stopped rocking his shoulders and her expression turned blank. She faced away from him and crossed her arms, as if she tried to think of a reason. Whatever she's going to say next, that should be a lie. He spoke in his mind. Yuruki has read many books in the past and for him, remembering its contents is easy. While he waited for her response, he felt an unsettling gaze lay upon them. He looked behind, and there was no one there except for the lockers and the corridor that leads to the laboratories. "C-Curiosity, maybe?" Tenshi said, but she didn't seem to notice the gaze. "Because, well, you know, we're in our youthful stage and it's only nat--"

Yuruki shut her up and whispered, "Shh, quiet. My sixth sense is kicking in, telling me to interrogate the person behind that corridor." Tenshi immediately followed. He slowly walked towards the corridor and what he found was--nothing. Nothing but closed doors and a fire exit. "What's wrong, Yu-kun?" She asked. He responded, "I swear someone was looking at us just earlier..." Tenshi knew that he was in chuunibyou mode again, and he became a detective or something. While the male was busy thinking, Tenshi became desperate in going to the third floor storage room.

(You may only choose one choice. Choose one character, then choose one option, then that's it.)

What should Tenshi do?

>> Trick him into going.

>>
Sweet-talk him into going.

What should Yuruki do?

>> Check the labs.

>> Check the lockers.

Last edited:
1-1-1 tie vote. Rolling dice.
1-2: Sweet-talk him into going.
3-4: Check the labs.
5-6: Check the lockers.

>> Check the lockers.
Time: Monday | 15:50 | 11-08-2034Yuruki scanned the area to see if there were any people around, and he also used his ears to hear a sound except the blowing wind and the rustling leaves outside of the school. A few minutes passed... Unfortunately, he sensed nothing. Or so he thought. He was about to write it off as a figment of his imagination until he saw a slightly opened locker. He walked towards the slightly opened locker and what he saw was...

"R-Rize Tachibana?!" exclaimed Tenshi, who was just as surprised as Yuruki. It was the same female student that they met earlier who tried to pick a fight with them. The silver-haired female also looked surprised and she seemed to be sweating. "Rize... Tachibana?" Yuruki repeated her name. So that's her name? I think I've heard it before... While the two was trying to process what was currently happening, Rize took advantage of their slight pause and got out of the locker. She stood before them and said in a lofty manner, "That's right! It is I, Rize Tachibana. You may be wondering why I'm in the locker, but speaking truthfully, I was just trying to catch anyone who goes inside the laboratories without the permission of the teachers!" She slightly smirked and began walking away from them. "Now, my work here is done--"

"Speaking truthfully? My ass. You were stalking us, weren't you?"
With a blank smile on his face, Yuruki held the collar of her uniform to keep her from going away. "I-I wasn't! I'd never do such a hideous thing!" She said. Crap! He totally had me figured out!

What should Yuruki do?

>> Ask Rize why she's stalking them.

>> Tease her verbally.

>> Ask about her connection with Tenshi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back