Absence That one time I got lost

Noble Scion

Lover of Lewd and Space
A little story that happened not so long ago, and considering my family is never going to let me live it down, I don't see why I shouldn't share it with you people.

I got lost in Central Park on my trip to America.

Me and my family and a few friends that come with us on all our holidays, all tired of walking and determined to explore and see as much as possible on our truo to America, decided to rent bikes for our exploration of Central Park. It was much larger than I had expected and I have always loved bike rides, which is a shame because I never get to ride them here. All was well. Me, my brother, my sister, and a guy that's one of our family friends (who's basically another brother to me), sprinted ahead of our parents, waited, went on, raced, stopped, etc. As we made our way around the place.

I was in the lead at the moment, paddling away around the park before realising I must've gone quite far ahead, so I stopped and waited,
And waited,
And waited,
And a solid 5 minutes had passed without any sign of them getting to me, so I was panicking a little, but not making too much a fuss. I was in a large place that all seemed to look the same, with hundreds of random people cycling around, so I thought I might have missed them, so I went on a bit further,
And waited,
And waited,
And waited,
To no avail, and began to panic much more heavily, so I cycled back a bit, and considering we had been traveling around all day, I was completely exhausted. I had no phone to call my parents and I didn't know their number, so I simply thought back to the bike shop.

I, after a good 20 minutes of panicking, tried asking for help from a passer-by, the conversation went as followed (from an antisocial girl to a guy that was probably in his 30-40s)
"Uhm.. Excuse me." (In a rather quiet voice, I had tried asking a few people earlier but they hadn't heard me)
"Yeah?"
"I think I'm lost, I've lost my parents, do you know of a bike shop that sells bikes with green helmets?" (Imagine this with an almost incomprehensible amount of stuttering as I was basically on the point of tears and was basically panicked by now)
"Uh.. There's a whole bunch of bike shops around here, you should really call the police."
And then he jogged on before I could tell him I didn't have a phone. I began walking back after that, looking for anyone I recognised as it was hitting around early-evening, which was scaring me a bit
This basically happened again when I tried asking a woman (40+?) that was cycling with a green helmet, I asked her if she had rented the bike, said the same thing as before and she said she owned the bike, so that was awkward.
So I kinda gave up on asking people as trying to talk to them ended up just making me more panicked. For some reason I began mumbling the words "I'm lost" over and over again to myself, breathing really heavily and was completely terrified by the concept of being lost in a city that I don't know at all.

This went on for about an hour of me walking around out of my mind before I spoke to another woman (20-30?) when I remembered a landmark near the bikeshop, I asked her and she said it was the whole way on the other side of the park. I had walked around Central Park like 1 and 1/2 times.
She said she could lead me there and I said sure.

She was incredibly kind and simply chatted with me on the way there, she was a masseuse and she told me about a whole bunch of things on the way there that I don't remember now.

Once we were almost back, a police car that was driving around saw me and my mum hopped out and hugged me, both of us in tears, before walking the final way back.

And that's about it. It was a rather interesting experience of how panic affected my mind..

Anywho, that was probably boring. Thanks for reading my terrible little story.

A little story that happened not so long ago, and considering my family is never going to let me live it down, I don't see why I shouldn't share it with you people.

I got lost in Central Park on my trip to America.

Me and my family and a few friends that come with us on all our holidays, all tired of walking and determined to explore and see as much as possible on our truo to America, decided to rent bikes for our exploration of Central Park. It was much larger than I had expected and I have always loved bike rides, which is a shame because I never get to ride them here. All was well. Me, my brother, my sister, and a guy that's one of our family friends (who's basically another brother to me), sprinted ahead of our parents, waited, went on, raced, stopped, etc. As we made our way around the place.

I was in the lead at the moment, paddling away around the park before realising I must've gone quite far ahead, so I stopped and waited,
And waited,
And waited,
And a solid 5 minutes had passed without any sign of them getting to me, so I was panicking a little, but not making too much a fuss. I was in a large place that all seemed to look the same, with hundreds of random people cycling around, so I thought I might have missed them, so I went on a bit further,
And waited,
And waited,
And waited,
To no avail, and began to panic much more heavily, so I cycled back a bit, and considering we had been traveling around all day, I was completely exhausted. I had no phone to call my parents and I didn't know their number, so I simply thought back to the bike shop.

I, after a good 20 minutes of panicking, tried asking for help from a passer-by, the conversation went as followed (from an antisocial girl to a guy that was probably in his 30-40s)
"Uhm.. Excuse me." (In a rather quiet voice, I had tried asking a few people earlier but they hadn't heard me)
"Yeah?"
"I think I'm lost, I've lost my parents, do you know of a bike shop that sells bikes with green helmets?" (Imagine this with an almost incomprehensible amount of stuttering as I was basically on the point of tears and was basically panicked by now)
"Uh.. There's a whole bunch of bike shops around here, you should really call the police."
And then he jogged on before I could tell him I didn't have a phone. I began walking back after that, looking for anyone I recognised as it was hitting around early-evening, which was scaring me a bit
This basically happened again when I tried asking a woman (40+?) that was cycling with a green helmet, I asked her if she had rented the bike, said the same thing as before and she said she owned the bike, so that was awkward.
So I kinda gave up on asking people as trying to talk to them ended up just making me more panicked. For some reason I began mumbling the words "I'm lost" over and over again to myself, breathing really heavily and was completely terrified by the concept of being lost in a city that I don't know at all.

This went on for about an hour of me walking around out of my mind before I spoke to another woman (20-30?) when I remembered a landmark near the bikeshop, I asked her and she said it was the whole way on the other side of the park. I had walked around Central Park like 1 and 1/2 times.
She said she could lead me there and I said sure.

She was incredibly kind and simply chatted with me on the way there, she was a masseuse and she told me about a whole bunch of things on the way there that I don't remember now.

Once we were almost back, a police car that was driving around saw me and my mum hopped out and hugged me, both of us in tears, before walking the final way back.

And that's about it. It was a rather interesting experience of how panic affected my mind..

Anywho, that was probably boring. Thanks for reading my terrible little story.
this sounds exactly like what I would do.
How do I know?
Because I kind of did the same thing during a safety patrol trip to Washington D.C.
Got lost in the Smithsonian wooooo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back