Experiences That moment when you click with an unexpected character

cemiller 1292

We all have those canon characters that you can confidentially get into character for.

For me its Cole Cassidy/Jesse McCree from Overwacth, Ace from One piece and Shinji from Bleach. I have roleplayed as each of these guys at some point and though it may have been some several years since I have played them I'm pretty sure if asked I could get easily back into the groove with them.

But had anyone come across those characters that are outside your norm but something just clicks into place when you start writing for them?

Well I recently experienced this when I started rping as Dabi for a partner. His type of character is usually out of my comfort zone but for some reason its been surprisingly easy to write for the burnt chicken nugget and I'm seriously excited to see how the plot goes with my partner. I've only had this happen one other time when I rp'd as Bazz B from Bleach back when he was introduced in the manga.

Not sure if there was a point to this post, just thought it was neat.
Share your experiences, who was the most unexpected character you clicked with. How do you get into character for them (for Dabi I have been listening to Bloody Mary by lady gaga because of all the edits of the dabi dance moment set to it). Can't wait to hear from you.

On another note I am just now noticing I seem to be drawn to the fire characters because I've played 3 over the course of my roleplay career.

Honestly, I've had muses (canon characters I write with) appear as complete surprises for me sometimes.

My most strong case in point was for a character named Spamton from a game called Deltarune. He's extremely unstable, basically a living spam email cursed with forbidden knowledge in an rpg sort of way, and initially since his dialouge is very unintelligble I found him a shock, but I didn't gel with him immediately. It was only after digging into his hidden character arc (since you need to deliberately seek him out to progress his storyline) that he just popped into my mental awareness. XD

The most recent surprise muse I've acquired has been G-Man, from the Half Life series. I have no idea how I would incorporate him into a collaborative writing setting bc he's ridiculously powerful, but my brain knitted together a crack theory for him and bam, here he is lol

The only time I RP Canon Characters is in Super Smash Bros. RPs. I've always RPed Toon Link and Pit, even in the Brawl days. I sometimes pick up characters such as Sonic and Pikachu. Once a RPer in a SSB game commented that I have a pattern of playing light-hearted and fun characters. I didn't notice until they said something!

I recently RPed as Samus in a SSB game, which is pretty different from the usual light-hearted and playful characters I pick, and I found her pretty fun. I can't explain how I got into RPing her. As the thread title states, she just clicked with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back