• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Thadenia: Fantasy Nation Building(Free to create Races)(FULL/can be reserved for future)

May I RSVP a place and post my nation later today or early tomorrow? I'd like to join and I don't want the two available spots to be swept out from under me.

EDIT: Also, we may create a nation using one of the existing races such as humans correct?

State/Hero/Race Card
Name of the Race: Galvron (plural Galvrons)
features of the race:
-Carnivorous
-Colors vary greatly. Tough skin and thick bones allow them to take tougher blows than most. example: a rock to the head will not give them a cuncussion.
-Average height range: 7' to 8'5
-Third vision allows them to see magic as if it were a physical energy. Thus they can guage magical strength through sight alone. They call it an aura.
-Life span can be up to 200 years at the most.
-Known for their abilities to hunt silently, being able to take down big game and small.
View attachment 489216
Other Details: Polytheistic race following a unique pantheon of gods they call Hethliandr.
Northrok of Time and Space
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/c2/4f/49/c24f495caad838f4fd43d5d8255eb419.jpg M
Helntesh of Shadow and Protection.
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/89/a8/d3/89a8d33e5c6eef71dae8d60d19f40f26.jpg F
Syrkosa of the Hunt and Lust
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/ea/8e/97/ea8e97885a856848c83b73ff564f78d2.jpg F
Vellesh of Order, Justice, and Balance
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/47/73/f2/4773f2638167e869b16bd8a25159eb8c.jpg F
Skolokut of War, Storms, and Chaos
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/9f/a6/90/9fa690a65960a9057f71937939953909.jpg M
Levaroce of the Moon and Sea
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/10/38/d4/1038d4fbb1cb1b3966c72132f5575232.jpg F
Hulthrondus of Light and Wisdom
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/b1/b3/79/b1b37964078ad36b994edc5bd2ff7f02.jpg F
Stromolk of Stone and Preservation
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/08/77/b2/0877b2fe9fc11866e1911412190f519b.jpg M
Lat'thalak of Death, Guidance, and Rebirth
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/4a/84/f7/4a84f70ae5b1f20a29c7ac56b2431396.jpg F
Ombruk of Love, Art, and Dance
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/a5/4b/2b/a54b2b3c5b1df9ac6efc159dcce6e113.jpg F
The Jindus: Kinj of the Past, Birbrok of the Present, and Grymba of the Future
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/c1/52/c0/c152c0d64f0d2a0691ac20372feab2cb.jpg M
Flag:
View attachment 489227
Capital: Gombugroln
Name of State: Relklym
Race: Galvrons
Government Type or System: Triumvrate. The Senteln is a system of three members, individually called Sentelna. Each Sentelna serves for life. They make decisions for the State via debate and a majority vote among the three.
Each member of the Senteln is assigned a Vorolk. A Vorolk is an ambassador and advisor that has been elected by the Kort. When a Sentelna dies, his or her Vorolk becomes a Sentelna. Then the Kort elects a new Vorolk for the new Sentelna.
The Kort is made up of five members that are elected by the Senteln. The Kort is responsible for determining the fate of criminals. They are the Judge and Jury.
Nation's Features: Towers, buildings of stone, metal, and brick.
Story: Once divided, now united. They began as desert nomads, and they consistantly fought over land. Wars ensued, and eventually two were conquered by the third. Trong Bruntukus Vornt was the first Galvron King, but he had specific ideas about how he wanted things done. Thus he created the Triumvrate Government System. He, hiis mate Kymbork Hulstun Sull, and a friend named Gonstuk Virik Birkro became the first members of the Senteln. Their first decision was to create the Justice System and name it the Kort, and soon everything fell into place. The Galvron people soon became satisfied with the way things were run.
Other Details: Today The current mambers are Kly Sull Vornt, son of Kymborok Hulstun Sull and Trong Bruntukus Vornt. Sinthus Vem Dremell and Brilliak Juntunkus Shraktoln are the other two. Both female. Attempts are being made to trade with surrounding States.

While not born with magical abilities, Galvrons did discover that magic could be manipulated via the use of crystals. Diriklus Bromuk Klin formed a group that has slowly grown of Galvrons that practice this art. Thus those who use magic are called Klindru.
Name: Klem Zentrith Skriont
Height: 7'6
Parentage: Unknown
View attachment 489243
Skills:
-Diplomacy. His speaking and reasoning ability has allowed him to get along with most people in political positions as well as negotiate. Is being considered by the Kort to become a Vorolk.
-Dalmok 3rd degree. A form of Galvron hand to hand fighting that does not involve the use of weapons, teeth, or claws. Highest possible degree for a Dalmok is the tenth.
-Klindru 2nd Degree. There are 5 degrees in Klindru training. Only one crystal's energy can be controlled at a time.
-allows him to go invisible for 15 minutes.
-can move up to 100 pounds of physical objects with Crystal Energy alone.
-can increase or decrease temperature of only 30 cubic feet of matter (including air) with crystal magic. Making something burn or freeze will leave the Klindru mentally fatigued.
-can create temporary energy sheild against physical weapons and other magic attacks.
Artistic.
Bio: He grew up on the streets, begging for meat and killing vermin for food. He was brought in by a Klindru Master when he was 16. The mental and physical discipline required to master crystal magic helped him gain strength, and soon he took to aiding Relklym Peace Keepers in fighting crime, but also helping the less fortunate on the streets. He chose as his primary Goddesses, Vellesh and Helntesh.

Last edited:
Flag:
Islamic Flag.png

Name of your State:
Malacco

Your Race:
Human (Second Wave)

Government Type or System:
Elective Monarchy

Nation's Features:
- Inhabits cities spread along the coast, built outwards from ports.
- Built on inter- and extra- regional trade, a society in which wealth is power.
- Corruption through the place of bribes or individual powers working against (or otherwise not for) the many but for personal gain is commonplace.
- Focuses on the building and maintaining of it's navy, as seafaring is a large way of life.
- On ruler death, regional leaders get together to elect a new monarch.

Story:
Embracing the finest of seafaring technology from their relations to the settled humans in the west, the Malaccian people sailed out to find a suitable - and more importantly, material rich - location to build a colony. Sending back harder to find or even bulk items to more settled kingdoms around the land was sure to net a huge profit, and these people were inclined to hook that profit just as they do the fish that make up their diet. Landing on a habitable coast, they now look out to find the best ways to sail between kingdoms, not only human ones but those of the other races too. After all, surely Sedd'ran has expert crafts that the kingdoms west would pay a pretty price for? Surely the dwarves have metals that would be desirable to other nations? Trade is a big game, and Malacco has thrown in it's hand.
The most influential trader undoubtedly gains claim to the kingship in these lands. Not just by merit, no; surely spreading ones wealth around for votes is a fair process? Most civilians work on the farms or the logging camps or the mining camps, but the largest profit to be made is in the coastal towns. Building and assembling new ships, fishing or trading, and bartering the transport of precious materials create influential men. These influential men are soon noticed and invited to become electors of the court.

Around here I was thinking? Particularly the large cove in the left of the image.

Other details:
Most magic used in Malacco is for engineering purposes.

Name of the Hero:
Naazir Tajal

Feature of the Hero:
A great explorer, one of the earliest among the Malaccians. He has helped map most of the sea-ways around the cove that the Malaccians call home, and is currently working on a easy and less dangerous way to get back to Badgal. Naazir is a great admiral, knowing how to order ships to move around, however he is a clumsy melee fighter, taught to duel, not fight in any real battle. As long as Naazir is alive, Malacco will be able to experiment and find new and profitable routes of trade.

Representative Picture:
Islamic Explorer Conquistador.jpg

So does this look good? Anything you want me to tweak, add or remove?

Last edited:
There, first post done. Time to get that kingdom back into shape.

State:

Flag:
ru-16_ha.gif
Name of your State: The Khanate of Svizz

Your Race: Humans (first wave, nomadic and tribal)

Government Type or System: Khanate. A system of government in which the khan (the hero) rules over the clan and all its subjects as the ultimate leader.

Nation's Features:
-Nomadic, live off the land.
-Aggressive and partake in tribal feud with other humans
-State is dependant on looting, raiding and conquest to maintain happiness.
-Horse riding and archery is integral to the khanate and its army.
-Partake in looting
-Most of the nation is on area geographically similar to steppe

Story:
The first wave was led by Zog the explorer. He was the head of the human expedition to the steppe like region near Lake Sa. these people would build the first settlements, villages, cities in the region and so would begin the assertion of human dominance in the region. Zoe and his band of humans were able to traverse the land on horse back and soon horses became an integral part of the human settlement. The culture of living a nomadic life on the horseback became the norm. over the decade since, Zog and his men were able to claim enough land to their large tribe to consolidate a state that was to be the making of an empire. Zog the great's reign was that of peaceful expansion and prosperity. During this time the humans maintained a peaceful and friendly relation with he sky folk of inhabiting the lake Sa and trade was common. This helped in introducing the first wave of humans to the magic and arcane. Under Zog's reign many estates came to powers. Local land lords started demanding more and more autonomy and Zog being one man could not control each and every lord personally. As the local lords began to obtain higher degree of autonomy and control, they started to hire their own militia and mercenary. Zog, aware of the chaos that the state could fall into if this continued tried to settle the situation. He called a diet of all the lords to persuade them to consolidate into one unified democratic country where they could represent their estates. The meeting was to bring the empire back to the golden era it was enduring just few years back. Sadly, that was not the case. The diet was a failure and many local lords left disheartened unhappy with giving their power back to Zog, falling into the likes of smaller lords. Soon enough rebellions started to erupt. It began with the southern Rove Lord calming independence of his land from the state. Zoe rallied his men to quiet the opposition but by the time he was finished with the Rove lord multiple independent rebellions, inspired by the Rove lord had been started in the north and west reaches of the empire. Zog knowing his limitations tried to call a second diet. This time he planed on establishing a capital in the city of Kiev, the economic, and geographical centre of the empire, then he would establish each lord as a subject to this capital. The lords would have full autonomy and control over their lands but they would be paying an annual tribute to the capital and the states would all form a pseudo-empire. Each state allowed to deal with their internal strife as they saw fight and the lords to rule their state as per their desire. The states were also free to settle their disputes among themselves. The capital was only to come into state matters when it would effect the empire. In all sense of the words, Zog became the judge, jury and the executioner of all empire related matters. This system though not perfect had its merit and would be bringing peace for years to but sadly that was not the case as Zog perished in a fire, an arson attempt at his summer home. Zog, his family, even his pet dog all fell to the flames and were burnt to ashes along with his house and the empire.

The death of the great Zog lead to a steep fall in stability. The black news spread throughout the empire like wildfire. "The Zog is dead. The heir is dead. The empire is dead. The end is neigh.", was what the apostles of the apocalypse preached in each and every city squares. The capital, the throne was open for the taking. As the lords and their greed begun to grow, they started to think of becoming the emperor. in not more than three months since Zog's death many lords were marching their armies to Kiev, ready to take over the capital and proclaim themselves as the emperor because whoever had the capital would have the throne and so the empire. Sadly this only lead to greater turmoil. The waring between the lords only lead to mutual destruction between them. None of them were strong enough to siege the capital and fight the imperial horde and so soon they begun fighting between themselves. The infighting lead to bad blood and soon the empire was a shadow of itself. A bunch of scrambled states, each fighting for more power, filled with greed and bloodshed. It was an age of Blood and iron. knowledge of the arcane lost and any connection to the peaceful sky folk was also lost. The capital city of Kiev was only centre of peace, the only place where you could see the occasional sky folk.

In the fire of turmoil rose an individual. Alexander, the Scanderbeg as the people came to call him. He was the bastard child of the Zog. Scanderbeg was the supreme general of the Kiev military and was the one solely responsible to defend the city against multiple incursions by the various lords. He was able to do through his tactic genius and an organised, disciplined, non-conscript imperial army core that was loyal to him. Once the lords stopped attacking the capital and started the period of infighting, Scanderbeg was finally able to relax and plan. Alexander had decided that his defensive strategy would only lead to a slow, embarrassing and painful death of the empire and so was ready to go for the offensive. So with the infighting between the states growing worse, he declared himself the Lord of Kiev. This marked the extinction of the empire and resulted in Kiev becoming just one of the states. With this act, Scanderbeg brought the city state into the stage oft he waring states. In this era of Blood and Iron he claimed all the nearby lords one after another, expanding his clan and soon forming a Khanate of his own. He did not wise for an empire like his father, his ambitions were different. Soon enough the Khanate of Svizz was formed. This included the city of Kiev and most of the surrounding lords. By the time the khanate was formed, most other lords had also consolidated their hold on their land and had even expanded. Finally there was a sort of peace between the states. It seemed that the now gone empire was a new union of various states with no overboard unlike the days of the Zog. Peace seemed to be the status quo and Alexander had through his baptism in the fire of this turmoil arose as a phoenix, a bacon to his clan and as the leader of the humans under him. To consolidate his power, Scanderbeg called a diet, The third diet of the humans was so led by Scanderbeg that took place in the Kiev palace. Unlike his father Alexander was not looking for peace through democracy, he wanted peace through complete control. Every lord and nobleman came to the diet. Each and every person of significant power under the Khanate were present, including Alexander's mother, brother and bastard cousin. Sadly it wasn't a happy family feast as it had been announced to be, it was an ambush. Scanderbeg appeared near the throne with the imperial army core. He proclaimed himself as the Grand Tzar of all of the humans inhabiting Thadenia and then ordered his men to kill everyone in the diet. It was a bloodbath, a massacre. Even after weeks the drapes and carpets still had blood dripping from them. With this act, Alexander had become the sole ruler of the Khanate, ending any opposition that was, or would be present against him.

Location: Near lake Sa in the steppe region north/west of it.

Other Details:
-The Svizz army consists mainly of light to medium cavalry and horse archers. They are adept at surviving off the steppe itself. The average warrior of the tribe has a spear, bow and a horse that he can ride.The smaller garrison in the city of Kiev is of the imperial army from Zog's time. Though small they are well trained, disciplined and equipped and are all heavy infantry with a even smaller band of heavy calvary, enough to guard the Khan when travelling. (The imperial garrison is large enough to form a small contingent)
-The khanate has a primitive form of taxation but the economy is mostly driven by trade as it is the hub of all human trade because of the capital in Kiev. Other than this majority of the Khanate's wealth comes from raiding nearby states or through annexation of other lords.
-The sky folk have not made any connection the Khanate since the massacre for unknown reasons.

Name of the Hero: Alexander "Scanderbeg" Svizz
Feature of the Hero:
-5"11 Height
-Wields a double sided axe and shield. Also is adept with crossbow.
-Good tactician and pragmatic. A moderate fighter but can lose temper.
-Weak temperament.
-Ambitious

Representative Picture:
battlefield.jpg
Other Details: I think the story of his rise is enough to explain his personality

Last edited:
Oh looks like I missed this one.
Tag me when it opens up/when you do another 'round' please?

Crumbli Crumbli
Sleek Sleek
Sure.I might actually need some sort of 1x1 players for my world too. Or you can join as 1x1 players too if i manage to put it. My limits are 5 players so if i get free space I will tell you
You cann add my discord.

Blueいのり#4806

Name of the Race: Hel (Helians)

features of the race:
  • Glowing eyes of varying colors (determined by bloodline).
  • Pointed ears
  • Slender bodies and tanned to dark skin
  • Some have horns (determined by bloodline)
  • Long-lived

representative picture: N/A

Other Details: Have an innate talent for dark magic (necromancy, hexes/curses, offensive magic).

Flag: The flag of Tartarus is a white horned-skull on a black backdrop. On the forehead of the skull is an arcane marking.

Name of your State: Tartarus

State Capital: Yomi

Your Race: Helian (Other races taken as slaves)

Government Type or System: Theocratic Monarchy

The King of Tartarus is believed to be chosen to lead by the gods of sorcery and death, the only two idols worshipped and recognized by Helians.

The king is given two advisors, one for internal affairs including the development of technology, education and all other aspects of infrastructure. The second advisor oversees things such as war, trade, and diplomacy. These roles are usuually filled by those without any real skill in magic.
Sorcery, the laws governing it in Tartarus, and its development is strictly overseen by the King himself. The king does have a group of advisers that serve to help him manage this large task however, they are known as the Sorcerers’ Circle or simply The Circle. Members of The Circle are chosen by the King himself and are usually masters in the arcane arts.

Nation's Features:
  • Ancient Egyptian architecture.
  • Fertile land
  • Numerous arcane academies
  • Several monuments
  • Very little infighting

Story:

Written upon the walls of the palace is the story of the Hel race and how they got to where they are now. It is said that their species was delivered to the world as soon as there planet was formed. The Hel were numerous and the land near the ocean was plentiful so that was where they settled. With their magic they fended off their attackers as they built up their settlement. The strongest among them had such power that the others wholeheartedly believed him to be blessed by their divine, chosen. They named him king and worshipped the divinity through him. The nation began its rapid growth, attacking nomads and adopting slave policies very early in its life. Those people were used to further the Hels’ magical understanding as they were turned into experiments as well.

The Void has always bound the Hel together and is the reason there have been no revolts and very little internal strife. Tartarus’ population shrunk with every passing year due to the long lives that the Hel live, they tend to avoid children. Tartarus has always been hostile with its neighbors, waged more than one war for The Void, but they refrain from fighting magically gifted civilizations so that magic may continue to progress. The Kings have built several massive monuments for their divine. A pyramid, an obelisk, a second pyramid for ritual sacrifice, and a palace for the King. The previous two rulers, both Queens, put in place a decree that the Tartarus military must subjugate any nomadic tribes found wandering within the kingdom's claimed territory or in neutral space. This boosted the kingdom's slave trade.

State Currency: Carion(s)

Currency Type: Coins (copper and silver) with the nation’s flag on them. One silver coin is worth ten coppers coins. The government produces gold coins, but they’re only used by the government when making trade deals with other nations.

Other Details:
The Void is the name of the religion that the Helians follow. They believe the god of sorcery (Represented by a feline face with a man’s body) and the goddess of death (depicted as a jackal face with a woman's body) are responsible for all of creation. The King is believed to be the bridge between the divine and the mortal beings and as such, his world is absolute. The Void does have its own priests and those who teach its story, but the only official person in its service is the King. Temples are erected all across the country with large monuments and statues for the divine.

Name of the Hero: King Maat

Feature of the Hero:
  • Lacking in physical strength
  • Intelligent
  • Arcane Expert
  • Cunning and manipulative

Appearance:

Time ravages all things and leaves only fragments of what used to be. However, this is not true of Maat's appearance. Time has been good to the wizard and his looks. Standing at 6 feet tall, Maat's body is thin, a slender frame with soft brown skin, dull from a lack of sunlight. His arms are rather long and of course, narrow. They come down to average sized hands with slender fingers and manicured nails. His legs are just as thin and his feet a proportionate size to his height. On his back, there is a massive, intricate sigil tattooed in his blood for ink. A second sigil is drawn over his heart, far less complicated in design.

Maat's head is constructed into an angular shape by well-defined features. A wide, strong jawline sets the base for the shape of his head and face. Coming down to a small, flat, and smooth chin that gives Maat a more masculine facial structure. A pair of high cheekbones finish off the square shape of the necromancer's face and head. Healthy cheeks add life to his sometimes lifeless face. Like daggers, Maat's eyes are cold and unapologetic in their shape. Sharp and narrow, almost cat-like. Long lashes, thick and black in color, extend out over the glowing, silver hues of Maat's eyes. A pair of thin, neat brows sit above these eyes, always trimmed and tended to. A narrow nose centers his face, making the symmetry of it easily visible. On the line between a light pink and a soft red, Maat's full lips contradict his somewhat masculine face and add a hint of femininity to his features. Adding to his feminine appearance is, Maat's very long black hair. It spans an impressive length of 32 inches.

Although he doesn't go out often, whenever he does, Maat is adorned by rich shades of purple, gold, and of course, green. More often than not, his outfit consists of a two-faced mask. The golden mask features the face of a jackal on one side and a cat on the other.

Other Deatils: N/A

Typ13 Typ13

Users who are viewing this thread

Back