• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom TGG's (most likely) one off fandom thread for BNHA/MHA

TGG

Brain broke. Come back later.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Okay, I don't often roleplay in the fandom realm, however I'm utterly obsessed with My Hero Academia as of late and would love to start a roleplay based around it. Odds are I'll be quite picky about my parterns for this, so I'll refer you to my main thread for what I'll be expecting from you and what you can expect from me, simply because I don't want to type it all out again lol (There are a couple of obvious exceptions to my guidelines, including the no anime FCs. Obviously for plots based on anime/manga, that style of face claim is perfectly fine.)
CLICK ME! CLICK ME!

At the moment I have a particular plot in mind involving one of my OCs and Katsuki Bakugou (surprise surprise, I'm sure). This plot is absolutely not a deal breaker, we can brainstorm further if you'd prefer. Please keep in mind I have not read the manga. I'm going in blind for season 4 lol If you've read the manga and would prefer to stick to those events, I may not be the partner for you. I'm hoping for this to be placed starting around the beginning of Class A's second year, with a prologue-like scene towards the end of the summer at the beginning, after Bakugou and Todoroki will have gotten their provisional licenses.

This plot is absolutely not required, just one I've had in mind for a while. I'd also be 100% game to brainstorm, especially if we can make a MxM plot, as I'm craving a MxM pairing at the moment. My main thing here is I just want to RP against Bakugou, regardless of the gender of my character lol.

Dysentria Warukara is the daughter of two powerful, yet somewhat unsuccessful villains. Throughout her life, all she has wanted is to renounce her family and become her own person, to help, rather than hurt. Upon entering high school, she managed to sneak her way into a small hero course in her home town, forging her parents' signatures and starting the year without them knowing. By some miracle, she managed to get most of the way through her first year of the course, but then her parents found out and pulled her out mere weeks before the final exams, and thus never finishing her first year. Instead of allowing her to become the thing that they feared and hated the most, they forced her to become that which she hated, to become like them and help them in their criminal acts. Her quirk, and explosive mixture of her parents' abilities that she's can't fully control, was the tool they used to get in and out of the crime scenes quickly, albeit not undetected, not that it mattered when nearly every spec of evidence against them was destroyed in their escapes. They were never caught when they used her as their escape plan.

That was, until one heist when the police arrived at the scene sooner than anticipated. Dysentria was separated from her parents, and being more interested in evading the cops than saving their daughter, they left her behind to fend for herself. Trapped within the crime scene she helped create, her uncontrollable quirk making the building more and more unstable, she struggled to find a way out, only to be confronted by Ground Zero (This really needs to be his confirmed hero name already, it's too badass not to be). By one way or another, whether it be talking her down or knocking her out, he manages to get her out of the building and into police custody.

Over the course of the next few weeks, the police investigation revealed the reasons behind the crimes committed by Dysentria, and it was determined that she would not be held at fault for the acts committed under her parents' control. Upon consulting with the principal and teachers of UA High, the faculty decided she would be given a chance to change her path in life and enroll in UA's hero program. After several examinations and tests, they decided she would be placed in Class A, an unorthodox choice, as it upset the balance of the class numbers a bit, but one that would allow her to learn from a particular student with a similar quirk to her.

She didn't recognize the student that she was told to stick to like glue at first, but he sure recognized her, and he wasn't happy about it in the slightest. Bakugou had been wearing his mask and hero costume during their first encounter, but Dysentria had no costume to hide her identity aside from a mask that had been blown off in an explosion. It didn't take long for her to recognize him, however, and needless to say, neither were happy about his being assigned to help her hone her quirk.

But there's just something about being forced to work and grow together that makes it impossible to continue hating someone, especially someone so similar to yourself, as the two would soon find out.

Okay so ignore that cheesy last line, couldn't think of a good way to end off the plot summary, but you get the gist. Here's Dysentria's character sheet, so you can see a bit about her before deciding whether you'd like to do this plot. I may edit a couple things about her before the plot starts though.

Dysentria Warukara || Dys/Sentry || 16 || 5'3 || 95lbs

Quirk:

Dysentria can transfer potential energy into non-organic objects and shift it to kinetic energy, creating explosions, the size of which depend on how much energy she transfers. Still in the process of learning to control her abilities, she cannot control what she causes to explode, nor how much energy she transfers. To control this, she wears cotton or leather gloves at all times when not actively using her quirk to prevent direct contact with any non-organic materials. Use of her powers drains her own energy, since she transfers it from her own body, and so to make up for this, her body's metabolism is incredibly fast, requiring her to consume more food the more she uses her powers, often upwards of ten thousand calories per day (over four times the average person's required intake). She is incredibly slender, bordering on underweight because of this, and has an incredibly difficult time putting on weight. When using her quirk, her normally green irises glow a bright amber/yellow color, as does whatever it is that she's using her power on, sort of an early warning sight of the impending explosion.
One trait of her quirk she has yet to discover, let alone master, is the ability to siphon potential energy from anything around her, organic or no, to fuel her body in place of food, though this only works for a short time, and then the fatigue she feels after using her powers is heightened to the point where she goes near catatonic.
Another ability yet to be discovered is that she can not only transfer energy into objects, but also into the atoms of the air itself, causing explosions from seemingly nothing at all, an extremely advanced technique for her quirk.
Other:
Her power is a mix of her parents'. She got the ability to transfer energy from her father, who is able to drain the life out of anything he touches, given enough time with direct contact, and she obtained the ability to create her explosions from her mother, who is able to expend kinetic energy to destroy anything she pleases, though the explosions come from herself, rather than transfering the energy into something else. Dysentria's quirk is a blend of both, along with a bit of evolution to make it somewhat more advanced and versatile.
Her parents call her "Dys" as a nickname, something she has grown used to, but is not particularly fond of, due to who came up with the nickname. Not that she likes her full name much more.
She has a tattoo on the back of her neck with the symbol of her parents' calling card, something she tries desperately to hide with her thick, somewhat unruly, auburn hair, even at the expense of a sweaty neck on hot days. She wants absolutely nothing to do with anything involving her parents.

Okay so there you have it. Let me know if you're interested, and if you are, please be ready to provide writing samples as Bakugou, so that I can be sure you'll be able to stick to his character. The plot can easily be tweaked to make it more to your liking, nothing is set in stone with it.

NOW, I'm sure this will be a topic of conversation as we're discussing plots. I don't usually double, however I will make an exception here as it wouldn't be fair for me to expect you to write a canon character with no option for an OC, SO, I am more than willing to have another plot that runs alongside and coincides with the plot above if you would like. We can discuss and brainstorm to decide on said plot more in PM. As for which characters I'd be game to play, I would most likely be most comfortable with Deku, but I'm down to try others as well, just let me know who you'd prefer and I'll let you know my comfort level with it.

If you're interested, please PM me! Odds are I won't respond to replies to this thread other than saying to message me lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back