• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Text TTRPG game, interest check? (closed for now)

Faydflowright

A Wild Fay Has Appeared!
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey all!! I'm in the DM mood again, but also a writing mood as well... so I'd love to try again an idea of DMing a text Homebrew game, either Pathfinders 1st edition or DND 5th (leaning towards 5e)

Basically, this would be a more casual, rp leaning style of DND with dice rolls and combat thrown in done on Discord. It's an easy first step for those who have been wanting to try dice based mechanics, but are a bit too nervous to try voice just yet!

In order for people to not get lost in the story, since a Text TTRPG can easily get messy since there's no set "day" the game is, the best option is to have about 4-5 generally active people for a game. I can then slow down the game if needed in case people get busy. Generally active is meaning someone who can post at least once a day, or have days where they can be on for a bit to post fairly quickly. Thus why discord is the best way for this type of story.

Ideas:

General Rules:
- Be 18+ but this will be a SFW/PG-13 game
- Understand that this is a SFW place. I will NOT tolerate constant harsh language, sexual themes, or any "isms" of any type. Do onto others as you want to be treated.
- Looking for more serious RP players, funny/quirky characters are fine, but joke/troll characters are not.
- Remember consequences of actions! If you want to be murder hobos, prepare for trouble. This also means your characters can die. So treat this game like a TTRPG rather than a normal "rp"
- I am a benevolent DM, do not take advantage of thy kindness :) Also that means I may be nice and hand wave some things in favor of story.
- Be friends! Have fun! I want the game to be a fun little escape for however long it lasts!

Character ideas:
- Your characters are all amnesia stricken or are hiding with unknown backgrounds. We will randomly roll a "plot twisting" background that you and the DM (me) will create.
- or you just create the characters you want in this story and the DM (me) makes it all fit together :)

Story choices (choose which one you like better!):
- Your characters live in a world where Titans once lived. They have long since died off, but it seems like giant ancient beasts the titans fought are now appearing in the world. Races are split in this world, so if you're not playing a human, you'll have to work with me on why your character is in the starting city :)
- Your character is following a strange wisp into the foggy woods and you come out on the other side in a strange new land covered in a deep magical fog. Your home base then is a mansion with some very mysterious care takers.
-The "let the characters decide", ie, give me your characters, and you all start at a tavern or job board meeting each other, and we go from there.

If you're interested in this, please send me a PM! I'll ask some more questions beyond that, but ultimately this would be like any other table top game.

It's been a while since I've followed up about this! I'm going to bump again and just start over with an interest check!

For this bump I'm going to solidify some things I'm looking to DM:
- 5e system (use 5e.tools for help)
- homebrew classes or races are open within reason
- roll stats
- Discord based
- rp heavy but will include combat too

Story will be a bit open, but the basics will be that your characters will be meeting at a tavern and hear about some interesting jobs... :)

hiya!! i haven't been playing d&d for very long but i have a few 5e characters i created that i'd love to use (they're monster classes (a kenku and two grungs)) if you'd allow them in your campaign c: (i also have a half-elf i could toss in, potentially!) my friend AreSneksSly AreSneksSly also has A LOT of 5e characters so i'm tagging him to let him know this is here, since he's been wanting to join another campaign besides the one we're both in pfff.
also i really enjoy the idea of a heavily rp based writing campaign since i am much better at writing than improv haha! sign me up, please 💕

Heyyoooo if you've space, i'm bored and ready to sink my teeth into a couple friends and meet and adventure!

...wait, other way around, maybe

*cool signs idk imagine something* Hello hello! Yes yes I am very interested in the of Dungeons and Dragons, but I've never actually played a text version of it before so this'll be a first for me, haha! In all honesty I'm a lot better at RP-ing in voice, but I would love to try my hand at forum TTRPG!

Hi I'd be interested in joining your party!

i'd be interested!

hiya!! i haven't been playing d&d for very long but i have a few 5e characters i created that i'd love to use (they're monster classes (a kenku and two grungs)) if you'd allow them in your campaign c: (i also have a half-elf i could toss in, potentially!) my friend AreSneksSly AreSneksSly also has A LOT of 5e characters so i'm tagging him to let him know this is here, since he's been wanting to join another campaign besides the one we're both in pfff.
also i really enjoy the idea of a heavily rp based writing campaign since i am much better at writing than improv haha! sign me up, please 💕

Howdy! If you're still looking for players, I'm interested as well!

Heyyoooo if you've space, i'm bored and ready to sink my teeth into a couple friends and meet and adventure!

...wait, other way around, maybe

*cool signs idk imagine something* Hello hello! Yes yes I am very interested in the of Dungeons and Dragons, but I've never actually played a text version of it before so this'll be a first for me, haha! In all honesty I'm a lot better at RP-ing in voice, but I would love to try my hand at forum TTRPG!

Hey everyone! This is awesome! I'm glad you all are interested in joining!
I already have one player who is new to DND that I'm helping her get started, so I would love another 2-4 players that would like to play. I'm more of a story first DM and a rather lenient one, so if you're looking for more of a strict DND game, I may not be the best DM for you. But if you're new to DND and would like to play a more of a game with quirky characters and heart wrenching moments, or just want to dabble to try something new, I'm your gal! I am doing one live voice session for a Pokemon TTRPG game, so if players want to go more voice in the future, I am interested.

As for this rp, if that all sounds fun and you're still super interested, then please send me a message with just some facts about ya and the elevator pitch of your character. If you'd like to let "the dice decide" and work with me on a character instead, just let me know! (I always love creating characters!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back