Other Text-related Deal Breakers?

lexnoblade

will / lex
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I would like to hear about your text-related issues and deal breakers. What is it that makes you nope out of a convo or thread as soon as possible for their text?

For me, it's poor punctuation on a regular basis.

Ex.:
"so the evil warlord,zachary,curses the lands and goes on a murder spree."

Or, when a person talks like:

"How r u doing? :) i'm doing great tbh, XDXD"

How about you?

theres a lot i dont bother with thinking about but excessive cursing or use of emojis (appropriate or not) gets me.
now that i think about it, the over use of things like lol and lmao to “lighten the mood” and make the conversation not as serious. cmon. be original

When people respond with a whole novel but no kind of spacing so its just a huge wall of text. Like ok, you have a lot to say, please break it up into paragraphs so I can read it.

I suppose if it's difficult to read. So big walls of text without paragraph breaks, no spaces after punctuation, an abundance of text speak or no capitalisation...

I mean in casual conversation/chat I type very differently than in role plays, so I'm not going to be throwing tantrums about that. But for big ol' text posts with the actual story, it's nice to be able to parse what you're trying to respond to. If it's too much work to even read, then it stops being fun.

now that i think about it, the over use of things like lol and lmao to “lighten the mood” and make the conversation not as serious. cmon. be original

Eh, I find myself going back and adding them in, because otherwise I sound TOO serious. Either those or smileys or exclamation marks every now and then to try and lighten it up a bit or make sure any sarcasm/jokes don't sound genuine. Depends on the other person though: if they never use similar things then I won't bother. tl;dr even though I'm not a fan of them I can appreciate that they're a necessity. Again, not in actual RP/prose text though, just conversation.

Not a massive fan of emojis though. They always seem sarcastic to me, but that's almost definitely my problem! So if other people use them, sure. I might just try and one-up them.

Last edited:
Just poor grammar in general, add slang in an ad or a game, and I'm absolutely done.

Punctuation is... tricky: English punctuation has a lot of options, so I usually go by "until I understand it from the first try".

Formatting. That's a peeve, but whenever I see someone trying to be "speshul" by colouring or font changing their entire text, littering emojis, I'm out.

Poor grammar is one of the main deal breakers for me. Another one is cursing. Those two are the main things that make me very uncomfortable when I'm RPing with someone, or even when just chatting.

I also don't like it when someone uses strange colors and fonts, in an attempt to make it look better. In a few cases it does work, but most of the time, it just makes the text a lot harder to read. If I have to do a special effort to read your text due to your choice of color, or your use of a strange font, I'll probably go away.

Huge walls of text without being broken into paragraphs is another one. It just makes reading the whole thing a chore.

One word replies.

I assume the person is annoyed with me when they reply with a single word. I don’t respond after that.

I’d rather get left on read!!

Poor grammar primarily. I get it that not everybody is fluent in English, but if somebody is on a RP site then they should at least be putting effort into their spelling and grammar. All I really want to see are signs that the person is trying.

emoji's

I hate emoji's, especially when its from my family

one word or just dry responses and I'm basically carrying the whole conversation

but never ever say 'k'

I will never text you again

I would like to hear about your text-related issues and deal breakers. What is it that makes you nope out of a convo or thread as soon as possible for their text?

For me, it's poor punctuation on a regular basis.

Ex.:
"so the evil warlord,zachary,curses the lands and goes on a murder spree."

Or, when a person talks like:

"How r u doing? :) i'm doing great tbh, XDXD"

How about you?
damn you would hate texting me then.

I just absolutely hate hate hate hate hate dry responses. Like COME ON, GIVE ME SOME CONTENT TO WORK WITH. I'll still try my best to have a convo at the detriment of my time and patience and annoyance :')

Users who are viewing this thread

Back