• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Welcome to Tetra. This RP will be conducted in two phases. The first is a world building phase. The second will be an actual Group RP.

Tetra is a counter Earth. It has four moons rather than one. Each moon is believed to influence Tetra in a specific way. The map, in general, is based on Earth. This is a matter of convenience as I lack the best of map making / editing capabilities.

In the Lore section I will have some information on the four Ancient races. The races are inspired by various works of fantasy and fiction, or archaeological theories currently being investigated in real life.

I will have a list of Gods. Some you may recognize from various works of fiction. Some will be original. It really doesn’t matter as the gods won’t be the focus of the RP. At least they aren’t the plan.

Much like in Game of Thrones where I am getting some inspiration, dragons are extinct. They are the stuff of myth and legend. But then so are demons. (There won’t be any undead like the Walkers.) Magic is also a lost art. (Something broke the generation of mana on Tetra thousands of years ago.) This does NOT mean that magic is impossible. The search for magic could even become the focus of an RP.

World Building
Player Kingdoms will be created during the world building phase. We will NOT be using real world names. However, ethnicities of the indigenous populations MUST fit with the local climates. In other words, Caucasian would be indigenous to northern latitudes. Darker skinned people will be indigenous to equatorial regions. Indigenous does NOT mean the ruling class in the case of a conquered people.

Player Kingdoms will have formed long after the fall of the Ancient Empires. They may, however, be very loosely contrived from their precursors. But bear in mind that the current kingdoms will be as different as the Hittites and modern Turkey or the Gauls and Germany. Just think, those are separated by only a few thousand years. We are talking of at least 6000 years. More in some cases.

In the World building phase we will need to standardize the format of how each Kingdom is described. Location(s), Culture, Religion, Economy, Military, Key Political figures, relations with other Kingdoms. This is a process that MUST be collaborative. As Storyteller, I will step in to arbitrate. For example, if someone creates a kingdom in one place and someone else comes in and tries to create an aggressive kingdom right next to them, I may make some rulings about the location of the latter - or even make them a smaller subject realm that is under the rule of the first. (Think England and Ireland.) failure to comply may be accompanied by beheadings.

We will need a standardized format for Key Figures. (I am no artist, but portraits would be nice.)

Note that I will be centering the story on Europe, West Asia and North Africa. At least that is the plan. But we will need to develop the rest of the world if we want to consider long range exploration missions. The Ancient Empires spread to or from North and South America, as well as Australia.

Game of Thrones - Lore

Melnibone is believed to have originated in North America, somewhere in the Rockies - or in the highlands of Norway or Iceland. (As Melnibone was also known for its naval strength and the dragons preferred mountains, Norway is a strong candidate.

Eidolon’s story follows the mythology of Atlantis, but spread around the globe especially toward the end of their conflict with Melnibone.

Wakanda is loosely based on Marvel’s Wakanda, but without Vibranium and such. They were the first to be targeted by Melnibone and suffered horribly as a result. For that matter, Eidolon didn’t treat them well either.

Shangri La’s demise is a mystery. Some believe that got curious about the other empires and were corrupted by whatever forces they uncovered. Others believe that the great celestial dragons were destroyed by whatever killed off the dragons and left the empire dysfunctional. Chaos, corruption, famine, civil wars ensued.

There will be some badly scarred regions on the planet where no one dares enter for feat of wasting diseases, disturbing demons, etc. (There is truth to some of these rumors.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back