• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Testing the water for an interest check. Halo RP.

Darth Oats

Ethereal
I've become very busy recently in life, however, I really do miss the joy of RP. So, I decide I would try and run one RP. Just one for me to focus on. My Halo RP's have always turned out well and generally everyone involved enjoys the stories I create. So I'm looking for some Intermediate - Advanced RPers that would be interested in this. The group will probably be a max of 6.

Hey,

I'd definitely be up for this, especially with only a small group of RPers. That way so long as we have some posting discipline, the story can move ahead at a good pace while maintaining detail.

Do you have any ideas about what the RP will focus on yet- will it focus on a squad of Spartans or will there be Marine/Covenant characters as well?

But yeah, am very interested!

Spartan RP! Most of them went unnamed and there is a lot of blank space that we can fill up with a story that won't interfere with the actual Halo plot. Yes, they all die except for the Chief but there is a solid 10-15 years where we can have our story, not to mention that some Spartans could have just gone AWOL or missing instead of dying so if it comes to it and this RP goes on and on for months and months and we get to a point where all the Spartans are supposed to be dead, we can have the group go AWOL or maybe get lost in space until the end of the war when they are recovered from stasis and brought back to earth for a conflict of our own design.

Well that was an a lot faster response than I was expecting! Haha This is good though. :)

Hello everyone! I've officially ran about 4-5 Halo RP's only one on this site, but I'd like to say I have a bit of experience in the genre. I've done Spartans multiple times. Almost everyone of those was a group of SPARTAN-II's or a mix of II's and III's.

For this one, I was thinking of possibly letting this one take place prior to the events that took place during the book, "Ghosts of Onyx". If you're familiar with it. My short version of the idea has the players as an elite squad of ODST or even Marines at the beginning of the RP, then after a successful mission, the squad is collectively pushed through the SPARTAN-III program. Yes I know the III's were raised from children just as the II's were. However, it is stated many times that the augmentation process is much more safe and advanced by this time. Since the majority of the SPARTANs are either dead or missing, except for Gray Team, the UNSC and ONI would be grasping for volunteers.

I'm very good at coming up with unique story lines that don't clash with the current canon, but I'm open to suggestions as well. Let me know what you all think. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I am very well interested in this. I was actually looking to make my own type or RP like the one you have just explained. I would love to take part in this.

How do yall feel about actually only letting one or two get the SPARTAN promotion based off of performance? It would add a little more dynamic to the group.

Secondly, sorry I miss typed. I meant to say after Ghosts of Onyx. Not prior.

I would allow Covenant as secondary characters or for any one who is outside of the six in the squad, but I feel like it will get too cluttered.

@Ethreal Oatmeal No reason. Just curious. I really enjoy the series.

But back on point. I'm down for wherever you take this RP.

I alright everyone. I will be typing it up some time within the next day or two, so if you expressed interest I will be sending a PM with the link. Keep an eye out everyone :) Keep in mind there will only be 6 slots, so I will be taking only the Characters I feel are the best! I look forward to the RP with you all :)

Ooh I'm definitely interested as well, I'm new to the site but have roleplaying experience elsewhere and am a great fan of Halo :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back