• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Colosseum Territory Masters

Shmuel

Grateful Servant of God
Hi, all. This will be my first time hosting a Colliseum rp, but I think you'll find it to be creative and original.

My idea is of matches that start out as teams fighting, but end up as a free-for-all. The arenas will each have a different environment, known as Territories. A Territory has lots of traps and a Master at the end. Every Master has a unique way of fighting, which could range from having 6 arms, to controlling nearby plants or animals, or commanding a group of NPCs to gang up on players.

Masters are difficult to defeat, so it will require some teamwork to accomplish. Once a Master has been beat, a new Master is chosen. Here's the catch: only the player who delivers the killing blow will become the new Master.

Be warned! Characters can die in this RP! There will be rules to avoid this, so players don't have to be afraid of dying from a stubbed toe.

The chance of a character dying are slim and it will happen over time, not all at once. Each time that an attack hits, under certain circumstances, there's a chance that the hit will be a critical hit. After a character suffers too many critical hits, they die. Once dead, a new character must be made. More than likely, a character will be knocked out several times before being in danger of dying. Other characters that are close by can wake up unconscious characters.

After becoming a Master, players will gain limited g/m/a power over that particular Territory. Part of that power is the ability to change the layout of the Territory, with one exception: the theme can't be drastically changed, such as an island into a forest or a mountain into a volcano. No Master can overrule my decision, though. To give other players a chance to become a Master, a portal to another Territory will open up at that time and players are presented with a choice: Enter the portal and confront the next Master or stay in the Territory and challenge the current Master.

Masters also obtain an Artifact unique to each Territory. The Artifact bestows a power similar to the previous Master's power. Artifacts are pieces of equipment (such as a helm), but not weapons (such as a sword). Artifacts may be stolen, allowing temporary use of its power, but having one in a character's possession isn't enough to become a Master. The current Master must still be defeated.

From time to time, I will present polls to allow all non-Master players to vote on the theme of the next Territory, as well as taking suggestions on how its Master fights.

There is no magic in this RP, but some powers are allowed. Characters must pick a fighting style from the following list: 1h-sword, 2h-sword, dual swords, dagger, martial arts (be specific), street fighting, staff, battle axe, spear.

Characters must also choose a favored Territory: Mountain, Island, Forest, Desert, Swamp, Wasteland, Ocean, Arctic, Cave, Volcano, Plains, Urban. Once a character becomes a Master, their favored Territory becomes the Territory that they are the Master of.

Character Stats:

Hit Points (HP): Determines how many hits a character can take before being knocked out.

Vitality Points (VP): Determines how many critical hits a character can take before dying.

Speed (SPD): Determines character turn order.

Accuracy: Determines how likely an attack will hit.

Evasion: Determines how likely a character will dodge an attack.

Each character starts out with the same stats with a little extra to distribute as he/she sees fit.

CS Template:

Name: 

Height: 

Weight: 

Build: (athletic, stocky, skinny, etc.)

Appearance: (photo, drawing, and/or description)

Personality: 

Character Stats (max 18, min 5)
HP: 10
VP: 10
SPD: 10
ACC: 10
EVA: 10
Extra SP: 8

Fighting Style: (choose from 1h-sword, 2h-sword, dual swords, martial arts [be specific], dagger, street fighting, staff, spear, battle axe)

Favored Territory: (choose from Mountain, Island, Forest, Desert, Swamp, Wasteland, Ocean, Arctic, Cave, Volcano, Plains, Urban)

Battle Theme: (optional)

Bio:
(post in a spoiler, doesn't have to be long)

I will be adding players' names to a list to see who to notify when the RP starts up. Also, if anyone has questions, I'll answer them.

The RP is posted here:

Interested Players (8 min.):

1. Geozaki

2. ferociousfeind

3. KAmber

Last edited by a moderator:
@ferociousfeindSpread the word! I'm going to post it in Hosted Projects, so that each Territory can have its own forum.  ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Added more details on character death, added character stats, added fighting style: street fighting, and rearranged it slightly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back