• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Terraria: Journey In The Otherworld

Teruya's relaxation time would be cut short as Christian burst through the door. Naturally, he himself was startled and stood up, approaching him. "Compose yourself, stat! Give yourself some breath - and then tell me, clearly..." He paused as he spoke sharply. "What is out there?"

Hearing what he says, Christian began to calm himself- taking a few deep breathes in. Finally, he gets out some coherent words. “Okay...” He began. “I was out in the forest... taking a walk, as I told you, when some sort of... flying eyeball... thing jumped out and hit me on my face.” He explained at first, pausing to see if Teruya is registering what he’s saying. To be honest, even Christian thinks what he’s saying could be nonsense.

"...A flying... eyeball?" Teruya sounded confused - but if it's one thing he learnt from the slime, it could be possible if a bit weird. "OK, that's weird alright... And it's hostile?"

“Well, it came out of nowhere and flew at my head, so...” He shrugged. He clears his throat, intent on continuing. “Anyways, I ran off to find our home here, when another creature came in,” He exclaims. He then shows his bitten arm, still bleeding a bit. “It was a zombie! And it friggin’ BIT ME!”

Teruya sighed, not seeming to like this one bit... That bite didn't seem too good, either - a zombie bite, no less...! "Yikes... Can we just not go outside at night then, until we can - you know, fend them off?" He looked to the workbench and the leftover wood. "...Maybe try making something."

He looked up to Teruya, his panic replaced with frustration. “Oh, hell no, I ain’t going back out there again,” He exclaimed as he uses a part of his shirt to cover his bite wound on his arm. “Let’s wait until dawn or something. I rather deal with the slimes than those things again.” He sighed, rubbing his head in frustration.

Teruya seemed taken aback and sighed. "Listen man, that's fair enough and all, but I don't like the sound of those monsters, right outside our doors, and possible able to get in here if they charge into said doors long enough." He said sharply - yet unable to think of how to solve this problem, though the possibility was what was worrying him, Teruya mentally conceded and shook his head, just opting to hide in a corner instead.

Hearing what he head, Christian turns his head to the door he came out of. He saw that the door doesn’t seem to be tampered with- nor were there any malevolent growls or other noises coming out of it.

He signed again and pulls out his dagger. “Well, still. I’d prefer getting ready for the dangers tomorrow.” He insisted as he uses his dagger to cut off a part of his shirt, revealing his belly. He uses the cut piece of cloth to wrap over his bite wound to stop the bleeding.

"Yeah... You're not wrong, but at least we do have 'something' to work with... Shelter, and... these daggers, I guess." Teruya shrugged as he himself held his own dagger, seeming and sounding indifferent. For now though, he keeps watch, and keeps listening.

After wrapping his wound, Christian yawned and begins to lie down onto the floor. “Well, I’m off to sleep. G’night.” He said as he puts himself into a semi-fetal position and begins to fall to sleep.

Teruya listened without a word and glanced around as Christian would begin to fall asleep. After two glances around the room, Teruya himself would feel as if he was falling asleep, and eventually, he did.

As they slept, they began to dream. Usually, their most recalled dreams involve something either joyous or terrifying. Their dreams might be going on a loving date with the girl they most desired. Their dreams might be entering a dark, ominous house inhabited by a vicious killer.

But this dream is far more different. Their dream leaves them in a dark void. A place that is empty of space, abandoned of noise, and voided of feeling. It was something... unusual. As Teruya and Christian stand here, not knowing that they accompany each other in this unusual landscape, Christian nervously muttered “Hello...?” in the encompassing mass of the abyss.

As Teruya would slumber, he himself would find himself in the dark void, glancing around in uncertainty. When he heard Christian's voice, he flinched and looked towards the general direction. "You're here too? What the heck is this?"

Christian, too, swiftly turned his head to Teruya’s voice so he may see him... except he can’t. Christian can’t see his friend, and neither can Teruya himself. “Teruya?! A-Are you there!?” He bellowed.

"Yeah, I'm here alright! Where are you?!" He called out, of course experiencing the same. They can both hear each other, but seeing each other seemed to be impossible in this weird dream world sort of thing.

“That’s what I’m trying to figure out right now!” He replied.

Then, an ominous chuckle fills the void. They both hear this strange laughter in the blacken world. “Teruya, this isn’t funny!!” Christian yelled.

"That wasn't me, man! There's someone or something watching us!" Teruya said simply and as sharply as usual.

“You are correct, Terrarian.”

An unrecognizable voice confirmed Teruya’s suspicions. “Who’s there?!” Christian demanded, upon hearing mysterious voice.

“I am the creator of this world, Terrarians. The Alpha and the Omega- The beginning and the end.”

The voice replied, in the manner of a... ominous watcher, for lack of better words.

“I have brought your consciouses into this void to bring you two a message.”

Teruya practically froze upon hearing this voice. "What in the world..." He sounded speechless. "...You've obviously got us here for a reason, then, if your message is important for us to know it 'while we're trying to sleep', oh Sir Ominous." He joked sharply.

“Post-haste, my little Terrarian.”

The voice responded calmly and warmly. Then, a beam of light fills the void.

Suddenly, they’re standing on a beautiful patch of grass, where they see numerous trees fill the backgrounds. It was a beautiful landscape that they see. Then, the voice returns.

“You are familiar with the world you live in, yes? This beautiful, heavenly paradise that acts as the birthplace of mankind- the world of stunning beauty with precious resources to start an empire to make your kind’s presence in the entire cosmos.”
“You’re starting to speak mystery.” Christian snarked in hopes of trying to lighten the mood.

"...Yeah, that's quite roundabout..." Teruya laughed a little. "Of course we're familiar with it, and as far as we know in this place, this is far from the world we know. Am I correct yet?"

“Very correct, you are. Because without you two, our world will be in imminent danger.”
The voice responded as their beautiful view is immediately overshadowed by the void, leaving it as a area of blackness again.

9923520E-3AF1-49B3-8BC1-19B9841C72F1.png

Their view is eventually replaced by a reddish, hellish landscape- filled with purple, seemingly abandoned towers, constantly flowing lava-falls, and many islands of ashen grounds. “Okay... what is this?” Christian asked.

“This is the Underworld, a dark hellscape where the sinful and the damned are banished for their misdeeds in this world. The island that you are in is the only way to access this dark world. In it, lies a monster you must slay to ensure the integrity and survival of this world...”

"A monster, living down in that mess?" Teruya seemed nervous - looking at this view he is seeing. Lava and probable death pits abundant, and those ominously black towers... "...How big's the catch, what 'is' that monster?"

“This being...”
F3E7BF66-746B-49F0-87F3-7DABDC774DB5.jpegSuddenly, a loud rumbling is felt around the lands. Quickly following that, a huge encompassing wall of eldritch flesh fills their view. A giant mass of gaping maws, all-seeing eyes, and elongated tendrils lies within this wall of flesh, where it makes a loud, deafening roar towards Christian and Teruya in rage.

The two screamed in utter fear and horror in response as they witness this thing quickly approach them. Then, before the wall of flesh can consume them, the void encompasses the duo once again, leaving only the monstrosity‘s echoing roar behind.

“Yog-Sothoth, the great demon king of the Underworld.”
The voice introduces them to the monster they witnessed. “NEVER SCARE US LIKE THAT AGAIN.” Christian immediately responded thereafter.

Teruya shook as the beast roared and appeared, looking absolutely terrified. "...Wh... We're supposed to... fight 'that thing'?!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back