• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Terraria: Journey In The Otherworld

As the slime began to draw closer at Christian, he slowly got to his feet, sword still drawn and pointed at the thing. Then, the slime attempted to pounce at him. Yelping in surprise, he stabs the slime with his short sword, knocking it away from him.

The slime, though now with the noticeable stab on its... body, wasn’t hesitant to approach Christian again. In fact, it now seems to have the intent to actively attack him now, as it begins to hop to him faster than usual. “Teruya, a-are you seeing this thing?” He asked, unaware that Teruya had already seen it.

"Yeup, I've seen it alright." Teruya said honestly - yet audibly confused, curious, and... among all else, in a worried tone. He dropped down from the high ground he had built for the shelter and would shrug to himself before noting the slime would begin to hop towards Christian, faster than it was previously. So, without much delay, Teruya simply just waited for the slime to hop again, and sliced it from below with the short sword he had.

Teruya’s sword strike caused the slime to explode into little bits, where it’s gelatinous remains slowly slither to the ground. Christian groaned at its remains. “Eugh... gross. What was that thing?” He asked. “I mean, it’s a slime creature, that’s for sure, but... how did they even came to be?”

In similar disgust, Teruya winced and shrugged. "Beats me, but at least we know what we're in for. Expect the unusual, I guess." He said before he attempted to climb back up to where he dropped down from, wiping the remains of the slime off his sword and putting the same sword to the side while he resumed... after several struggles getting back up there, but continued and succeeded none the less!

Since it’s going to be nightfall soon, he might as well help expedite the building process of their new home. “Hey, would you like an extra set of hands?” He asked, grabbing a few logs of wood. “I used to work as a foreman when I was younger; perhaps I can help make sure this house is stable?”

Teruya listened to the questioning - the offer, and nodded. "That sounds like a plan to me. If it can hold itself together, we should be clear to rest in here safely tonight." He said in a hopeful tone. "Though just in case, if there's any leftover wood, maybe we can use some of it for something else...?" He suggested in tandem, dropping back down and glancing out to the waters.

As soon as Teruya said these words, an idea came to Christian’s mind. “I think I know how...” He said. Placing the wood logs onto the ground, he began to use his copper tools to create a little something out of the wood.

After a bit of trial and error, he created a little wooden table- a work bench, if you will. “I think I made something that can help!” He bellowed to Teruya, gesturing at the work bench while waiting for him to turn his eye at his creation.

Teruya turned to look and seemed... initially perplexed. "...A table? Really?" He said, not quite understanding that 'one' - it was 'not' a table, and 'two' - it was faaaar more useful than he presumed it was. "That's what your idea is?"

Though a little insulted that Teruya dismissively called it ‘a table’, he kept his composure. He prepares himself a brief explanation for him. “I’d prefer it to be called a workbench.” He clarifies. “We can use it to organize some of our crafting tools here- create a plan on what kind of stuff we want to craft,” he explains before he gestures around the wooden logs on the grass. “Rather than just leaving our materials in a wide-spaced mess.”

When the words sank in, Teruya nodded. "Ohhh, a workbench, got it.. Heh, whoops." He laughed it off and then headed over. "Yeah, that makes sense - just depends what we have to make stuff 'with', right?"

“Hmm...” He hummed, as he took a look at Teruya’s work. It has the base structure but it’s nothing more than a wooden box with no walls or a door. “Well, for starters, we can make some walls,” He began as he grabs the wooden logs and placed them on top of the workbench. “And a door, too! Gotta need something to get into and out of our home.” Christian states. He pops his fingers, ready to start crafting some more complex material. “I got the door. You prepare some walls for our house!”

"Yup, yup! I'm on it!" Without much delay, Teruya would grab some wooden logs and would quickly make walls out of them - though setting the walls up for this house would take decently long, it wouldn't take terribly long to put it all in place! Teruya, as he went about it, simply hummed a tune to himself, perfectly at peace... until he realised something. "Oh hell, the sun's setting, isn't it..."

As Christian was installing the door he just crafted onto the house, he overheard Teruya’s comment and noticed that the sun was, indeed, setting. “Yeah, so?” He asked, unconcerned. “We‘ve dealt with sunsets before we came here. I’m sure we’ll be fine.” Eventually, he finishes installing the door, just as Teruya has finished putting in the walls of their new home. “And there we have it. Home completed.” He declared.

"OK, but..." Teruya shuddered - this was a world they didn't know of, and if they met a 'slime' during the day, who knows what will come out at night? The home was complete, sure, but with the danger of the unknown out there... They also can't see a thing.

“Although, it could use a nightlight...” Christian notes, rubbing his chin a little. “We’d have to make a torch. Unfortunately, it’s way too dark to go mining for some coal.” He said, trying to figure out what to do. What would they use to substitute the coal for wooden torches...?

Last edited:
"...Huh, hold on, what if I..." Teruya remembered the slime and nodded to himself - briefly leaving the house and then returning with a mass of the slime's remains, closing the door. "I've got an idea. And it has to do with this."

Christian took a step back in disgust when Teruya came back with some of the slime’s gel. “Ugh, what the hell do you think you’re doing with those!?” He exclaimed, not knowing his plan with it.

"I just told you, I have an idea!" Teruya repeated, sharper and louder this time. "Now, if I just..." He grabbed one of the remaining and unused wooden sticks and rub the gel into it. With enough time and persistence put into it, the stick lit ablaze - and formed a torch. Teruya's surprised expression followed, along with laughs of success.

Christian’s eyes rose in surprise when Teruya’s idea actually worked. “Holy crap. T-That actually worked?” He asked, just as surprised as he is. I mean, would you be surprised if a slime’s remains act as a good conductor for heat? “Oh... Kay, then. Well, let us craft a few more of these... gel torches and our home will be nice and bright in no time.” He states.

"Trust me, I'm just as surprised." Teruya blankly stated as he laughed it off and proceeded to use the remains of the gel from the slime to make as many torches as he could until there was just not enough to make more 'with'.

Christian takes a nice deep breath of the air around him, as he begins to finally feel a sense of calmness. “Ah... this is perfect.” He states, smiling. “We’ve managed to not only survive a plane crash that would normally kill people like ourselves, but we’ve cooprerated well enough o create this nice, little place for ourselves.” He continues. “This is not much... but it’s home.”

Putting his copper axe and pick axe onto the ground, his begins to approach the door of their home. “I’m gonna go for a walk in the night to clear my thoughts. You wanna come?” He asked.

Teruya simply listened to what Christian spoke of - and seemed to agree, but at the mention of a walk, he shook his head. "Nah, I'm good. I'll watch over this place while you can go on your wander." He said calmly. "Worst comes to worst, at least we're safe in here."

Christian nods in acknowledgement. Clasping his hand on the door handle, he cranks it open and leaves the house, closing the door behind him.

1905238D-A78D-46AF-BCD7-5ED3333F78D2.jpeg
He ventured out of the woods of this world. As night falls, he sees its usual, yet beautiful wildlife that comes out in the dusk- fireflies flew in the sky while the owls’ hoots echo in the lands.

”Man, tonight is beautiful,” he notes, looking around his surroundings. “Kinda wished I installed windows onto the wall of my house so Teruya can see what I see.” He finishes.

Teruya, now alone in the house, sighed and listened to the sounds of the night nearby - as he just relaxed there, the room lit via torchlight. It was relaxing, safe, and above all else, the safest he's felt ever since the crash. "It is a bit quiet in these lands, though..." He thought aloud to himself curiously. "Man, would I figuratively kill for some more bodies and life around here."

Then... he heard a growl. Not a stomach growl, but some other force... curious and, admittedly, a little frightened, he pulls out his short sword and slowly approaches the mysterious sound. As he tiptoes closer to the trees of the forest... suddenly...

0C51A85B-9AC2-4F55-B37C-8F4A0423A5F1.pngSLAP! Some sort of floating eyeball suddenly appears in front of him and hits him straight onto the face. This, alongside the shock of this encounter, causes him to fall down onto his back. "Ow, what the hell?!" He managed to sputter out. His 'fight-or-flight' instinct activated, he choose to flee from that thing and attempt to rush back home.

EEBDB62A-CA9E-4FC6-AF22-D7DCAC8552EF.pngAs he fled, Christian is suddenly confronted by a man wearing old, tattered clothing. However, this... thing wasn’t at all friendly. It charged right at him, delivering a strong bite onto his arm- strong enough to penetrate his skin. “AUGH! SON OF A-!” He screamed before he stabbed this zombie at least seven times onto the chest in self-defense, causing the undead figure to fall.

With it out of the way, he manages to find his way back to his home. He busted into the, ignoring Teruya’s likely surprise, and shut the door behind him. “NIGHT- BAD! ZOMBIES, FLYING EYEBALLS-” He wheezes out, in total panic-attack mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back