• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Tempest of Fate RP Reboot(Dragon, Elves, Tamers)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

BloodWolfRising

Dame of the Moon's Darkness
Roleplay Type(s)
The man and woman stood before the three dragons, their huge forms looming over Kelly and Felix. "Humans we three Ancients will bestow upon you a gift of power and the gift to form a bond with one of our kind. With this bond it can not be forced but, when you find your destined dragon you will both know. The mark that will appear on your body will turn warm and the dragons own power will almost pulse within them." The large silver winged dragons deep voice rumbled over the two as they nodded. "With this gift we trust you to help our kind and use it well." Spoke the blue aquatic Ancient her voice was softer than the others but her words held great meaning. The large silver brown dragon spoke the blue ones hidden words, "If you ever try to use these powers against our kind you will lose that power and become normal once again. And die because the dragon in which you tired to kill will likely kill you with ease before any elf could do so. Remember well humans these are our gift's to you." The Kelly and Felix nodded once again, "How will we spread this along to others, these 'gifts'." Arputi smiled taking her human form, she walked over to Zefra and then Borsten taking a bit of their blood and mixing it with her own. Then headed for the two humans, "I Arputi grant these humans the ability to tame a dragon of any kind. Zefra and Brosten also grant this wish of ours with their blood." The blood in her half shifted webbed hand seemed to grow warm before cooling down. She looked to the male, "I grant you, Felix Reinta, this bond of which I speak. But you shall carry the burden of passing on this ability to others. Do you accept? " Felix nodded, and Arputi took one clawed finger, dipping it into the mixed bloods she then began to carve a design that started at his wrist and went up his arm. Felix flinched slightly as the bloods mixed within him, he felt power and change taking hold of his body. Kelly glanced to him worriedly, but Arupti soon was finished and turned to her. Felix watched at the marks within his flesh began to heal but in the wake it felt what almost seemed like a scar on his flesh. "I grant you, Kelly Hendil, this bond of which I speak. You as well shall carry the burden of passing this gift to others. Do you accept?" Kelly nodded, "With my whole heart..." Arputi smiled doing the same as she had done to Felix only Kelly's marking was placed on her forehead. The simple flower could be seen but under her longer white bangs ran thorny like vines over her forehead. Kelly and Felix soon left setting out on their mission together, they grew to love each other and soon bringing children of their own into the world who would carry on their mission to awaking all the human across Felhira. Kelly and Felix now rest in peace in a grave placed in Sanctuary, that any remaining bloodline of the First Bloods go to visit when they get the chance.

((((THIS IS A REBOOT SO SOME THINGS HAVE CHANGED A BIT AND A YEAR HAS PASSED WITHIN THE THIS ONE SINCE THE PREVIOUS RP))))​

[class=wrapper] width:80vw; max-width:300px; height:420px; margin:auto;center; flex-wrap:wrap; border:1px solid #840505; overflow:hidden; background:url('https://i.pinimg.com/736x/0f/e5/12/0fe512497f5d85ea242bad58f53e766b--red-outfits-anime-jungs.jpg'); background-size:100%; z-index:3px; [/class] [class=scroll] width:90vw; max-width:310px; height:100%; overflow-y:auto; [/class] [class=textbox] width:80vw; max-width:300px; font-family:Montserrat; font-size:12px; color:#212121; padding:2px; background: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.9); position:relative; top:420px; [/class] [class=overlay] width:80vw; max-width:320px; margin:auto;center; position:relative; top:-461px; left:-10px; font-family:Montserrat; font-size:25px; color:#fff; text-shadow:3px 2px 0px #840505; z-index:2px; [/class] [class=tags] opacity:0.0; width:80vw; max-width:320px; margin:auto;center; position:relative; top:-490px; left:-10px; text-align:right; font-family:Montserrat; font-size:10px; color:#ccc; z-index:3px; transition: all 0.3s ease; [/class] [class name=tags state=hover] opacity:1.0; transform: translateY(20px); [/class] [class=credit] width:80vw; max-width:300px; opacity:0.5; font-family:Heebo; font-size:8px; margin:auto;center; [/class]
[div class=wrapper][div class=scroll]
[div class=textbox] Wind blowing calmly as the sun shining bright it was like a peaceful wonderland that anyone would ask for. The smell of beautiful flowers all around and the smooth skin from someone's lap. opening his eyes Kai looked up at the sky, but someone's face was blocking the sun from shining in his face. It was his elf friend that he's been traveling for quit some time now. He smiled back at her seeing that she had one that crept up to her cheeks.

"Was that a good nap?"

Kai sat up and stretched nodding his head from the question. "Yeah it was pretty good, thanks for letting me rest on ya. Kazusho hasn't came back yet huh? I guess it was more serious then we thought."

His stomach began growling louder and louder over time as he stood up looking around for something to eat and having no luck. "Damn." Noticing they were in the highlands basically almost far away from any meat. There was a town bellow the hill that they could visit but he didn't feel like spending his earned gold. He's been saving it over time for Ahri's birthday.[/div][/div][/div][div class=credit]credits @RI.a[/div][div class=overlay]Kai Takeshi[/div][div class=tags]Location?
@mentions here[/div]

Weizhe Lee|Ping Lee|Xiwang
Current Location: Kuepa near a lake

normal-form-jpeg.555226
Weizhe Lee|Ancient|Celestial Dragon|Ancestor to Ping

a1a3685d-cc6a-4ee6-bf4c-5a1001671b69-jpeg.555899

Xīwàng|1 Year|Sky/Aquatic|Tame Dragon|Tamer: Ping
"Again," rumbled the towering dragon covered in tan and copper scales as he looked down at the red dragon who fell short of the landing spot, crashing into the earth. The dragon hovered in the air, his wings flapping to keep him airborne as he watched the red dragon shake his head and pick himself up, claws scrabbling against the hard earth and then heaved himself upwards onto his paws, hanging his head in shame as his mentor trained him. "I did not speed up your growth, nor force you to assume human form as an infant in order for you to slack off. You are my descendant's third dragon...her third! Ping is lucky to have been given three tries to have a dragon though Heilong did a fine job with my daughter."

The red dragon shook himself free of the snow that clung to his scales, using the fire he had gained from his tamer to melt the snow away. "It hard to fly in cold," the red dragon complained, only to get breath of fire shot at him from the air. The one-year-old had to get out of the way and quick or risk being burned, the older dragon not merciful when it came to training. He was forced to roll away in the snow, yet still the heat hit him as it evaporated the snow by the intense breath, just one of the four elements the older dragon could breathe. Rolling in the snow, he moved away from the fire and then lifted himself up onto his paws, his long claws finding purchase in the frozen ground and helping the hybrid dragon to remain upright as he turned to face his mentor. Weizhe flew over their temporary camp, the dragons and tamer currently residing near a small lake in the eastern part of the country, a land of elves...strange creatures that were like humans but thought themselves above humans and dragons. They resided here for now due to needing water and Xiwang needed to practice swimming in his dragon body in case they had go to go sea.

Taibaz Solbubri|Jeizara
Current Location: Helji

taibaz-jpg.555187

Taibaz Solbubri|Tamer|Dragon: Jeizara

dragon-boy-png.555195

Jeizara (502)|Land/Sky|Tame Dragon|Tamer: Taibaz
Resting under a tree in his human form while his tamer worked on building a stone dwelling for the dragon-tamer pair, the lean blond-haired teenager watched for danger. In the year that had passed, Taibaz had not gotten any closer to getting his sight fixed, nor his missing arm. He had nearly lost a leg when the blind man had been chased by some hunters until Jeizara had found his partner and rescued him, as he had done before years ago when first meeting the human. The pair were situated on the coast, a smooth sandy beach stretching from the meadow they were currently resting on, a pair of rabbits cooking over the fire that the dragon periodically looked at to make sure the food didn't cook, a flagon of wine resting beside the fire that the dragon had stolen.

Last edited:

Carson Smith - Tamer - 120 - Dragon: Kenna
Carson and Kenna had been traveling all over the place until they finally made their way to Sanctuary. Their main goal was actually find Astralla again just to keep her company mainly. It had been a year since they last hung out and even though both Kenna and Carson felt she had been a bit of an oddball she had also been pretty cool. "Things have been fairly quiet since the territories joined together and overthrew the last Lord of Helji. The new one seems much better..." He said as they walked through a desert type land.

Kenna Hunt - Dragon - 241 - Tamer: Carson
Kenna shrugged, "I really don't care...what i want is to find a good place to go swimming at...i feel like we've been walking for eons." Kenna popped open her canteen of water taking a long drink. "You always love to exaggerate....by my calculation we should be out of this desert in about a day in we fly by night." "Ohhh so you wanna freeze to death at night and fry by day...gotcha." Carson frowned, "We wouldn't freeze with your burning body temperatures... as i said seconds ago you are so dramatic Kenna." She huffed, "At least im not making us travel all the way across the lands just in hopes to find someone you shouldn't even love." Carson blushed, "Hey i dont love her i just....like the way she is." Kenna shook her head, "You sound utterly ridiculous when you say that..."
Mention: AnonyMouse AnonyMouse

Jade Zerin - Tamer - 96 - Dragon: Open
Jade yawned slightly and rolled over looking at her baby/ies(?), She had went to look for their parents and hadn't had much success. a year had already passed and it didn't seem possible. She was starting to sort of feel what she thought were emotions from Shadow but it was hard to tell. After all she hadn't had much experience with baby dragons until she came across Ash and Shadow. "Morning...." She said with another yawn her pink blond hair shining bright in the morning light.
Veltsu VI Veltsu VI
WolfOfProphecys WolfOfProphecys (Let me know if you're still with us))

Ahri Inoue
Feeling the wind blow by and the grass sway a certain direction she felt a center of peace, a point in life that she could say she’s happy with. Looking at the boy laying on her lap she smiled bright to him while blushing a tad bit.

“Was that a good nap?” She asked the boy brushing a string of hair back that was laying in front of her face.

"Yeah it was pretty good, thanks for letting me rest on ya. Kazusho hasn't came back yet huh? I guess it was more serious then we thought."

She scratched the top of her head and thought about that. Kazusho only said he would be gone for short time, what’s taking him so long? She wondered about it while looking off into the grasslands. Then an unsettling sound errupted from herself and Kai’s stomach. Placing both hands on her stomach her face turned red.

“Its been some time since we ate huh? We should probably head to that small town and eat.”

Sarmenor
Current Location: Margis
elf-lor-jpg.555197

Sarmenor stood in the only settlement of the elf territory Margis, the city being dubbed Hisan. The elf was selling dragon teeth, dragon claws and skin as well as delivering armor and metal works he had completed. The dragon had been a menace to the people of this land, the elf having been sent out to tackle the beast. He planned on selling the eggs and meat to the humans as the eggs were found to be a good source of protein, having already checked that the dragons within had perished with the death of their dame. He might head to Derentol at some point to see about his sister and how she was faring though from what he gathered, Fawynn enjoyed her job as a monk.

Fawynn
Current Location: Monastery in Gearndale Derentol
fawyn-jpg.555198

It was another sunny day and Fawynn was awake and currently within the medical bay of the infirmary, working on healing an injured tamer, their dragon pacing restlessly within the large cavernous room. This tamer's dragon had arrived that morning at dawn, the monks calling for Fawynn to heal the tamer as they were unable to do so with magic having been used. "Calm down," said Fawynn. "Your tamer is in safe hands as are you," she said softly.

Last edited:
Ping Lee|Weizhe Lee|Xīwàng
Current Location: Kuepa near lake

ping-jpeg.555200

191 Yrs|Tamer/Speaker|Dragon: Xīwàng
Ping couldn’t believe what had happened to her upon getting to this continent of different lands. After saving the Chinese looking bland dragon from disrespectful people and bonding with her second dragon, she, in turn, had been betrayed. Everything had been going well, the pair had traveled to the homeland of Ketu and the dragon had settled back into life there of which she was happy about. Then out of the blue, the dragon had found an ancient method nobody here should know for it was an empire secret, long before tamers had emerged in the empire, and forcefully severed the bond as Ping was just getting comfortable. Chased out by force, the pregnant woman had fled, losing the food they had on the journey to the dragons of Ketu’s subjects, and fleeing was not easy when pregnant. Not only that, Ping had lost her power of weather manipulation, though whether it was through the land god, grandfather or her own will, the power had morphed into a second power centering on storms.

It was stressful and heart wrenching for Ping, but Weizhe was there when he could be, the dragon and woman linking their minds and sharing the memory before Weizhe had left. Ping found out later that all memory of him had been forcefully ripped from Ketu’s mind and Weizhe had blinded her as well as killing a few other dragons of her family. He’d freely admitted he’d used his greatest power to curse not only their land but the dragons themselves for a very long time as Weizhe put it. He would not elaborate on that and took the broken woman to his domain within the spirit world, calling forth Heilong and the woman had been reunited with her first dragon. For two months in spirit time which was two weeks in the mortal plane, Ping had been attached to Heilong until the spirit world began to harm her and her child, forcing Weizhe to take her back to Felhira.

It had not all been bad. Ping had not yet run into any of the tamers that had sided with the invaders, nor had she run into a lot of problems. It probably helped that Weizhe was huge and could shift easily between his three forms though his true form was only adopted when Ping was safely hidden, yet life on her own was not easy without a dragon. During her time on her own, Ping had come across several gods deceased and taken the sole survivor of the bunch, unintentionally bonding with it and accidentally giving it a scar in the form of her tamer marking was a shock to Ping, eventually forced to ask Weizhe for help after running into trouble. Weizhe had been more than happy to take care of the problem, looked over the week-old dragon, then forced it to shift against its will before using his abilities to forcefully speed up the infant into a teenager, forced it back into dragon form and then speeded up its dragon body to that of an adolescent as well. That was when Ping learned her newest dragon was a hybrid, being half aquatic and half sky. She’d named the creature as well though Weizhe had not been able to say why the dragon had the mannerisms of dragons in the empire...hatchlings didn’t turn there either. Needless to say, raising another baby dragon who could not walk, fly and no control of its powers was not an easy task.

Weizhe had taken over as Xīwàng’s teacher, the two dragons currently out sparring with each other and by the sounds of it, Xīwàng was not doing well. Ping was trying to work on her calligraphy but found her mind again wandering to Ketu and the mixed feelings of disappointment and anger filled her again as they took hold. Running not only from dragons but still worried of the invaders finding her, the stress of her failing as a tamer with Ketu worked against the exotic tamer, forcing her to go into labor unedpectedly. Ping yelped in pain, shouting out for her parents whom had passed years ago. However, both dragons heard the woman’s cry though Xīwàng did not understand the meaning.

“Training canceled,” the Ancient Dragon rumbled as he landed on the ground and headed over to the shelter where his granddaughter was, Xīwàng staring at his mentor before hurrying after the older dragon. The two dragons soon got to the shelter where Ping was, Weizhe shifting as he went and walked inside, ordering his student to remain outside and on guard with instructions to kill anyone that approached before slamming the door in the red dragon’s face.

“What is it Ping?” Weizhe questioned as he approached, seeing the fear on his descendant’s face.

“It hurts grandfather.” Ping put a hand to her stomach and there was a rumbling sound coming from the former prince.

“Daughter, you may be in labor. Your grandmother, my dear Yin and even my first wife Xu, they felt such pain before they had my children. Though you are half a year early...but their blood is strong enough to survive this.” Weizhe rolled up the sleeves of his robes and had his daughter lie down. “I delivered Hai as we didn’t have the money for a doctor,” said Weizhe as his daughter’s eyes met his own.

“Grandfather that’s...”

“The commoners do things differently my speaker,” said Weizhe. “Now focus on me and breathe. Your dragon will be fine as well as the child.” The dragon was falling back on memories of his wives and their pregnancies. These children were part of his family and house...his second house, as his parents in his second life had been poor and nothing to their name. With the dragon’s help, Ping spent several hours in labor as morning drifted into afternoon before first a male infant was born and half an hour later another infant, this being a girl. By the time Ping was done, the female was exhausted and Weizhe left, taking the placenta and cords with him before cutting it in half and throwing half to Xīwàng, the dragon scarfing the treat down as Weizhe hadn’t let him eat yet.

“Hurt? What wrong Ping?”

“Ping has had babies...hatchlings,” Weizhe said. “A male and female, twin hatchlings, to my family.”

Last edited:

TIME / WEATHER: Morning (10:00am), Overcast​

The sky over Kellheim was a dull gray, the color of cold steel. A cold front from the east brought chilly winds from the Opusian Sea, carrying merchant vessels up Arputi’s River to Kellheim, Sanctuary’s capital. This city was brimming with history and legends. It was said that the first tamers received their gifts here, on the shores of Lake Hindel and gathered the scattered human tribes to create the first nation of tamers. It is said that the Land God, Borsten, raised a mountain of rock from the lake’s center to lay the foundation for what would later become Reinta’s Vigil, the citadel and royal palace that overlooked the city.

But that was all ancient history. As Integra Volante stood upon the ramparts, her silver hair rippling in the wind and her golden gaze sweeping over the lands she was sworn to protect, she thought only of the present, not the distant past. Sanctuary’s history was about unity and coming together… which meant there were many nations eager to tear them apart. War was a necessary part of defending the peace. Today, she would make her case before the council, as she did every year. And every year, they voted her down.

Cowards, she thought. Spineless fools. There is no peace without sacrifice. Don't they know Sanctuary was born of blood and forged in fire? We are not at peace. We never have been. A cold war is still a war.

Behind her stood five figures cloaked in black from head to toe. One was peering through a pair of binoculars, looking toward the south. From time to time, the wind would hit him just right, revealing the pointed tips of his ears. All five were elves. All five were trained killers. All five were ready to do what must be done.

“Target sighted. South-southeast,” the elf said, his voice flat and stern, dutiful. He handed the binoculars to Integra as she stepped forward to see for herself.

An enormous black dragon was flying toward Kellheim, flanked by three smaller dragons, who were flapping frantically to keep up. Well, they weren’t small by normal standards, but the black dragon was huge. Flames were erupting from its sides, like rocket boosters, but extinguished as it grew closer to the city and began to slow to a speed that the three others could comfortably maintain. The other dragons fell into formation around it, escorting the large dragon into Kellheim airspace. Integra’s face wrinkled into a hateful scowl as she watched the city guard escort councilwoman Astralla Dhakra toward the landing pad on the palace’s western wall.

And here comes the worst coward of them all, she thought.

That scowl didn’t go away as she turned to the five elves. “You have your orders,” she said as she handed a sealed letter and a glowing magic crystal to their leader. He and his subordinates saluted her. Integra did not return the gesture. “Go,” she said with finality. “And know that what we do in the dark ensures Sanctuary will forever stand in the light.”

The elves nodded in unison. They moved as one, well-trained unit, each elf a well-oiled cog in the killing machine. They encircled their leader, who crushed the crystal in his fist, releasing a dark black mist. When it cleared, they were gone, leaving only Integra standing alone on the ramparts. Without hesitating or reflecting on what she had just set into motion, Integra turned and headed down the steps from the watchtower, toward the landing pad.

Shadowflower
BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising , WolfOfProphecys WolfOfProphecys

Shadowflower opened her human eyes slowly to look her mother, giggling bit as she saw her mother's hair shine. Then she taked her favorite gum toy and started chewing it. She send out happy thoughs around, to both her mother and sister. She had grew up good bit from hatching at start, but now her grewing had slowed down bit to match grewing rate of her sister and in dragon form she matched nearly by body size what her sister was year ago, only that her wings was much visible smaller size, that didn't make her any easier to watch after as she was much more moving when out of bed or highchair. Even when she was in human form, she crawled surprising speed.​

Astaroth 'Ash' - Dragon - Tamer: None

Veltsu VI Veltsu VI BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising

Astaroth, despite being young, had truly barely grown in the past year. She'd progressed in power, sure, learning how to shift after witnessing and trying to copy her new sister, Shadowflower, learning slowly how to talk, babbling more often than not in human form but managing words in her dragon one. She'd long since healed, the only memory of her previous harm being scars along her tiny wings. She was quite clearly a tiny dragon, for her younger sibling had grown to be her size. For now, however, she remained curled in a tiny ball at Jade's side, tucked up into her warmth beside that of Shadowflower's human self. Ash rarely shifted from her dragon form, clearly feeling more comfortable in it, but her little body always felt cold. It had been found that she'd get sick if she became too warm, but she always gravitated toward heat, disliking the cold that constantly chilled her bones.

Eddie / Mayhem - Dragon - Tamer: None

Hidden in human form, a dark cloak over his head to hide his face, Eddie was doing his best to stick to the shadows. He wasn't quite blending with them, not in the way he knew he could, but he was certainly making an effort not to be noticed. He was looking for food. Hunting would get him noticed, and he didn't want any trouble, but he had no money to buy food with. After all, he was a amnesiac, dragon with multiple personalities. He didn't have money, and he didn't want any trouble on top of what he already had.

But... that left stealing as his only other option. Whilst that could also cause trouble, the crowds around the streets had previously given him cover enough for him to grab something from a market stall without being noticed. Of course, it was a risk, but he never grabbed anything big, despite the fact that his stomach rumbled in need of food. Stalking past a crowded fruit seller, he swept an apple into his palm and walked off as fast as possible, hoping no one had seen.​

Anaba Zadok |Tamer| Dragon: TBD

Spending the last year stuck with a guy who nearly died when they first met made selling the meat and fur she got from what she hunted a bit difficult, but the Tamer quickly adapted to the company of another. She was almost reminded of Kyros- if Kyros chewed on things that weren't considered food from time to time and kept making odd blinking motions anyway. She figured the young man she was stuck with got something in his eye frequently, and came to the conclusion that elves were just odd in general-though she still assumed this Karma fellow was an elf even after travelling with him for a year. Currently staying in an inn for a few days at least, she told the young man to stay put and that she'd be back later that evening.

For now, she was going to try and buy supplies, though wondered if she'd be able to without running into any annoying elves.

Wonderblue Wonderblue
---

Kyros |Wild Dragon| Tamer: TBD

Kyros had been staying in Derentol for a good couple days or so, keeping up his human form, having given up chasing after his honored sister and letting fate decide of they were going to meet again or not. For now, he had a small bit of coin on him, at least enough for something light to eat. He usually got his coin from helping those in the towns that'd allow his kind in, and was grateful for it.

The dragon's red eyes glanced here and there as he wandered through the marketplace, mostly looking at the food present. He didn't even notice passing by the very tamer he'd been looking for until she was lost in the bustling crowd.

"Damn it all, that's just my luck." He huffed. So much for fate. But, what if it wasn't her? Then he'd just be making a fool of himself...

Clicking his tongue softly, he appened to notice someone swiping an apple from a stand, and chuckling softly in amusement, approached carefully until he was walking beside the other almost casually despite the young man's slightly quickened pace.

"If you plan to swipe food, be a bit more discreet, yes?" He teased, not in much mood to make a fuss about it.

WolfOfProphecys WolfOfProphecys

TIME / WEATHER: Morning (10:00am), Overcast
MENTIONED: LindsMagee LindsMagee

Integra arrived at the landing pad just in time to see Astralla and her escorts descend from the sky. They flew in a tight grouping, with Astralla in the middle, and three members of Sanctuary’s royal guard surrounding her in a triangular formation. The leading dragon had shimmering silver scales and held a white banner with blue stripes clenched in its jaws. He descended sharply, diving toward the landing pad. At the last moment, he pulled out of the dive with one mighty flap of his wings and turned into his human form, a large man in full plate armor. He slammed onto the stone deck, landing down on one knee, with Sanctuary’s banner flapping in the breeze.

“Stop showing off, William,” Integra said as she stood by with her arms folded, unimpressed. “It’s unbecoming of the royal flagbearer.”

He flashed her a quick grin before his expression returned to its usual stony visage. The other two escorts circled overhead as Astralla descended and the flagbearer stood and cleared his throat.

“Hear ye! Hear ye!” The flagbearer said, his deep voice filled with the power and pride of one who had announced thousands of kings, queens, emperors, and foreign dignitaries. “Announcing the representative for district 37, Strallheim, Ekrip, Sanctuary. 43rd High Councillor to the throne. Scourge of the Southern Wastes. Queen Flameheart of-”

“Get on with it!” Integra shouted. And then, under her breath, muttered, “We all know who this bitch is. There’s no need for theatrics.”

She and the flagbearer were nearly drowned out by the roar of Astralla’s thrusters as the enormous black dragon tried to slow her descent, sending up a plume of flames and a wave of heat, before she dropped the last couple of meters and slammed onto the landing pad. Cracks in the stone radiated out from her massive claws and her outstretched wings blocked out the sun.

“…Lady Astralla Dhakra!” the flagbearer concluded, gesturing to their honored guest with a flourish of his hand and the waving of his flag.

Integra scowled as she watched her old ‘friend’ begin to change. Oh look, she actually dressed for the occasion instead of showing up looking like a backalley harlot, the general thought as Astralla’s human form began to take shape. She wore a long coat, trousers, and a blouse that was actually buttoned up all the way, instead of showing off a canyon of cleavage. She almost seemed like someone worthy of respect. Almost. She shook hands with the flagbearer and they made small talk for a minute or two before he returned to his dragon form and took flight. At last, Astralla turned to Integra.

“Oh, Teggie, darling. How long has it been?” Astralla said, with her arms outstretched and a huge, obnoxious smile plastered on her face while she waited for Integra to embrace her.

Integra didn’t budge. “One of these days, your fat ass is going to learn to stick the landing,” she said flatly. “Until then, I’ll keep having Tempest bill you for the damages to my landing pad.”

“Ah, Tempest. How is she? I feel like we haven’t spoken in ages. She’s always so busy,” Astralla said as she reached for Integra, but the general deftly sidestepped her.

“She’s still an elf, unfortunately,” Integra said as she dodged another of Astralla’s attempts to hug her. “Still, I prefer her over you.”

“Oh, stop, you’re making me blush,” Astralla teased. “Where’s Leon? Is he still single?” She leapt at Integra once more.

The general weaved around her once again but, this time, icy spikes appeared all over her body, like a human pincushion. She folded her arms and stood her ground, as if daring Astralla to try again. “His Majesty loves his country. He has no need for other entanglements, especially not you, you overblown sky heifer,” she said. “And you will show his name the respect it is due.”

“Mmmm, those look sharp,” Astralla said, her crimson gaze sizing up Integra’s icy spikes. She toyed with one, poking it with the tip of her finger until a drop of blood blossomed. After considering it for far longer than any sane person should, a sinister grin appeared on her face. “It might be worth the pain. I mean, you really look like you could use a hug, Teggie.”

“Don’t even think about it,” Integra said. “I’ll skewer you like a pig. I swear, I will!”

Astralla’s grin grew even wider. She sighed and began to turn away, as if she’d given up. But, just when Integra thought she’d won, the woman pounced on her. “You fool!” Integra cried out and narrowly managed to dispel the spikes before Astralla scooped her up in a far-too-friendly embrace. She was larger in more ways than one, and lifted Integra off of the ground. “Unhand me, demon!”

Astralla laughed with childish glee, but did eventually set her down on her feet. “See, was that so hard? Everybody needs a little love, even you, Teggie. Especially you.”

“Try that again and so help me god, I’ll-”

“No you won’t, silly,” Astralla said, flicking her on the forehead. It sent Integra’s temper from ‘off the charts’ to ‘out of this universe.’ If looks could kill, she would’ve chopped Astralla into tiny bits, fed the bits to dogs, chopped the dogs into bits, threw it in a dumpster, set it on fire, then scattered the ashes in a sewer, urinated on them, and then stood over it, brooding, in case another Astralla grew from the filth, so she could kill that one, too.

She took a deep breath, let her rage subside, and said in the calmest tone she could manage: “The council meets at noon. You have two hours, Lady Dhakra. Don’t be late.” Integra turned and stormed away into the castle, leaving the smirking dragoness alone on the landing pad, but she paused in the doorway, for one final parting shot. “Your country needs you, Astralla. You will serve Sanctuary today, one way or another.”

“I always have,” Astralla said cheerfully.

“Good. Then you won’t resent me for what comes next.”

Tempest Rosalie Dalir
Mentions: AnonyMouse AnonyMouse

Tempest grabbed the hand outstretched to her and gracefully stepped out of her carriage, wrinkling her nose at the overcast weather in Kellheim. She had just returned to the capitol after tending to some of King Lionheart’s business as well as her own, and the weather on the islands along the coast was pristine. Though she couldn’t exactly take time to enjoy the weather because the trip was strictly business, it was always good to get away from the bustle of Kellheim for a few days. The cold breeze ruffled her hair, and she pulled the fur of her coat tighter as she overlooked over the city. The view from the Reinta Palace was always breathtaking, no matter how many times Tempest had seen it.

Her footsteps echoed the empty halls as she entered a wing of the castle only available to members of the council, or those who were particularly high ranking officials. The silent halls were one of the telltale signs that there would be a council meeting today. Though Tempest had other things to worry about while away, it was rare that she did not know what was going on in the castle at all times, as she preferred to not be blindsided by a lack of knowledge. The council meeting was the reason she had arrived back in Kellheim today. Tempest usually dreaded council meetings, half the time they were filled with the pointless arguments of ignorant officials. She sighed thinking about it as she happened upon one of the palace’s landing pads and saw what looked to be General Volante and Lady Astralla sharing some words. From Integra’s posture, Tempest could tell that she was annoyed, Astralla tended to strike a nerve whenever the two came into contact.

Tempest’s silky sapphire dress blew lightly in the wind and hugged her frame as stepped onto the landing pad, the jewelry she crafted that very morning to perfectly match her dress glittered as it caught the light, a simple yet regal look. Walking onto the pad, she passed Integra, “General Volante”, she greeted, politely dipping her head. Turning to continue on, Tempest strolled towards Astralla. “Lady Dhakra, it’s been a while hasn’t it?” She asked and smiled, stopping only a few feet in front of her.

On soft feet, by none detected.
[ Karma Rider - Tamer - TBD ]
Karma was back and ready to rumble. He'd had to pack up and abandon his former locale after a close encounter with a bounty hunter and sword poised at his throat. He'd thought he was the baddest cat in the area, but he was proven wrong. Karma was no longer safe in those shadows, so it was prime time to find a new area. The thief had scoped out a larger scale city already, and was already sizing up a woman who didn't seem to be paying much attention to her surroundings. Karma had set himself up on a rooftop, crouched on the edge of a church, peeking down at this stranger. She was kind of pretty, too, he had to admit. Pretty girls usually had good loot.

Karma then decided he had watched long enough, and he suddenly turned and slid on his butt down off the side of the roof before dropping down and landing on his feet in the alleyway beside the church. His cloak made a big floop and dropped over his face unfortunately, and Karma flailed his arms for a moment to get it back down. No one had seen that. Good. Now the man in black lowered his hood to appear casual and he started to walk into the open, avoiding looking at the woman at all costs. Then with a flick of his wrist, the coin purse on her belt was his. With a smirk of success, the thief approached a merchant's stall and innocently began to browse his wares, settling on a tasty looking cake. He passed the payment over, but took a chance and snagged an extra treat for later... just in case they needed it.

Spotting his comrade, Karma picked up his pace and came jogging over, grinning with success as he pulled a piece of cake off and crammed it into his mouth. "Got whatcha' need?" He asked with a mouthful of this delicious cake. He ended up dropping some crumbs, but there was so much- he didn't care. Man, it made his eyes water it was so light and tasty... when was the last time he'd had chocolate? Far too long. Treats for everyone! On that elf!

[ Locale: Derentol ]
[ Takumi98 Takumi98 ]
Dealing death, by most rejected.

TIME / WEATHER: Morning (10:00am), Overcast
LindsMagee LindsMagee

“Morning, elf,” Integra said as she passed Tempest, without giving the other woman a second glance. “Excuse me. I need to go make my rounds. Be a shame if something happened to either of you.”

Astralla’s smile faltered slightly as she watched the other dragon depart. ‘Making rounds’ seemed like something the leader of palace guards should be doing, not the nation’s General, but Integra had always been rather hands-on in her duties.

But, she immediately brightened as she returned her attention to Tempest. “I thought she’d never leave. Some people just suck all the fun out of everything,” Astralla teased as she took off her hat, shook out her long silver hair, and unfastened the top two buttons of her blouse. “Fortunately, I’m here to bring it all back.”

She seemed to consider the third button for a moment, before deciding not to. Save something for the afterparty, she thought, devilishly. Then, she stepped forward and took Tempest’s hand and gave it a vigorous shake, pausing to admire the jewels on her fingers.

“You know, I used to be a treasure dragon,” Astralla said, her eyes glittering, as if entranced while she studied the gemstones and precious metals adorning the woman’s slender fingers. “I had mountains of this stuff. Heaping piles of it. I’m exaggerating... a little… but imagine the scandal if I snatched you up and took you home with me! Oh, the looks on their faces would be priceless!”

She laughed as she released Tempest’s hand and threw her arm over her shoulder. “A year is too long, dear. You should visit sometime. It’s such a shame we only meet when Integra has these silly fits. Though, I must admit, it’s become a fun ritual, these annual declarations of war.”

Meanwhile…
TIME / WEATHER: Morning (10:00am), Sunny
BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising

The market town of Strallheim stood at the intersection of two roads, forming an ‘x’. For years, the town had acted as a trading post for merchants coming up out of the deserts. A small mountain ridge served as a natural barrier along the border between Sanctuary and Sini, with only a narrow pass cut through the stone. After crossing the mountains, travelers would find themselves at the foothills of Sanctuary, where the landscape shifted sharply from sand and stone to the lush green fields of Sanctuary’s heartland.

The road from Sini cut through the mountains, continued through the center of Strallheim, and continued northeast all the way to Lake Hindel, where Kellheim and the royal palace stood. As such, it was a town frequented by travelers to and from the deserts to the south. Another, less-used path ran from northwest to southeast, running parallel to the Sanctuary-Sini border, for travelers headed toward The Burning Line, or beyond to Opusa and, eventually, Derentol.

Strallheim had grown significantly over the years, becoming a bustling city and trade center. Thousands of elves, tamers, and dragons called it home and got along very well. It was not uncommon to see the various races living and working together on the cobblestone streets and the town’s central market was almost always packed with people, from merchants selling handmade wares to street performers, dancing and playing music around the rather ominous-looking onyx statue of a black dragon in the middle of town.

There were few places in Strallheim not touched by Astralla Dhakra’s influence. She had been there for nearly 800 years, from a time when Strallheim was little more than thatch-roofed huts. Her manor stood on the southeastern corner of the town, looming over it all like a Victorian monolith, with the mountain range as a backdrop. In size, it was second only to the orphanage, and that was only because they had added a third wing to the orphanage last year.

“What do you want for breakfast?” Cecile said as she led Falco through the streets. The elf began to lag behind again and she stopped to scold him. “Look, I got you out of the house because I’m sick of seeing you moping around over that stupid letter. The least you can do it keep up.”

“She forgot my letter,” the white-haired elf muttered under his breath for what felt like the millionth time. His eyes, behind his silver-framed glasses, were downcast. “She forgot my damn letter. Again!”

Cecile stopped and glared at him, with her hands on her hips. “You know how forgetful she is. Get over it.” She took his hand and tried to drag him along. “C’mon. Baker or butcher? I can’t decide which I’d like more: cinnamon rolls or meat buns.”

Falco snapped his hand free of her grasp. “She’s not ‘forgetful’ Cecile. You know that. She didn’t forget my letter. She chose not to deliver it. That’s why I’m so pissed off.”

“Really? ‘Cuz you ALWAYS seem pissed off,” Cecile said with a shrug. “You need to learn to relax. Like me. Cinnamon roll ought to do the trick.”

“You’re plenty relaxed for the both of us. Why are we even out here? There are a dozen servants in the manor, including two cooks. I didn’t ask to be dragged out of bed by you.”

She smirked. “Oh, so you wanted me to leave you in bed, so you could brood alone about your stupid love letter to Tempest?”

“No! No, no, no. You stop right there,” Falco said, wagging a finger at her. He produced the offending item from his pocket and wagged it in the air like a flag. “This is a business letter! Nothing more! Lady Dalir is the comptroller of Sactuary and I would like her to lower Strallheim’s taxation rate to better allow us to fund this rail infrastructure project your master foolishly decided to jump into. This will benefit all of Sanctuary. I don’t think we should have to exclusively bear the financial burden of it.”

Cecile’s blank look made it abundantly clear she wasn’t buying his excuses. “Is that why you were up three nights writing it, by candle light? Is that why there are twenty crumpled-up copies of it in the waste bin in your room? Seems like a lot of emotional anguish over… ‘business.’”

Falco’s eyes narrowed on her. “How would you know-”

“Oh, wait, what’s this…” Cecile rummaged around in her pocket and pulled out a wrinkled piece of paper. “Oh, my, how did that get there? Be a shame if this found its way to the postman.”

“You’re an evil woman.”

“Nah, just looking out for you,” she said as she tore it up and pocketed the pieces. “You’re an obnoxious little shit, but I still care about you, Falco. So, what’s it gonna be? Sweet rolls? They’re fresh this time of morning.”

“Stop trying to butter me up,” he grumbled. “And, no, that wasn’t meant to be a pun!”

“I think a man should face his fears. Deliver it yourself!” Cecile said. “Picture this: you ride in on a majestic dragon, descend from the heavens, and pour out your heart to Tempest for all to see.”

“I already told you, I’m not into her… in that way. I mean… she’s a very impressive woman… and I respect her greatly… but this is just a business letter,” Falco said. He turned away to hide his reddening cheeks. “Besides, I can’t ride a dragon. Don’t be ridiculous. I get altitude sickness. And motion sickness.”

“And love sickness,” Cecile teased.

He glared at her for a long moment, before muttering: “I’ll have a sweet roll. But hold the sugar!”

“Damn, you’re pathetic.”

Carson Smith - Tamer - 120 - Dragon: Kenna and Kenna Hunt - Dragon - 241 - Tamer: Carson
Carson frowned slightly, "Well should i say that I admire her then, would that sound better for your little dragon ears." She sighed, "Not really but it's whatever I just want to see how she rules over her lands and see if things are a peaceful as they are claimed to be." Carson groaned, "You are always like this." Kenna crossed her arms and glared at him, "Well I'm sorry for wanting to make sure no one suffers as i did!" She said bitterly, Carson froze up, "That..." He ran a hand through his red hair, "Look that's not what i meant Kenna, I just wish you would relax a little here and there that's all. The world isn't all bad and I know you know this much." Kenna nodded, "Maybe...I just want a place to settle down in. I don't know maybe find someone to love and settle down instead of traveling everywhere." Kenna sighed walking over to him she ruffled his hair, "Maybe this heat is getting to us both, but you and I both know that even if you were to settle down you wouldn't rest easily. Our mission since teaming up was to end those who sold and tormented any race because no one deserves to be treated like trash." Carson nodded, "Yeah I know but I should look for someone to love, so should you Kenna. We both should settle down and even then we could still go on adventures and take out bad guys. Perhaps even with those who we married?" Kenna frowned now, "I think the heat really is getting to you..." Carson shook his head, "No i am being serious Kenna." He said resting a hand on her shoulder, "Yeah well im not listening to your words, you are my partner and fighting bad guys is our thing. I dont intend to share it with some strangers who would probably only burden us!" Surprise crossed over his face, "Oh my...is my little Kenna perhaps jealous." Red flicked through Kenna's eyes, "N-no I am not I just don't want to have to worry about saving anyone other than you!" "Little Kenna's jealous... little Kenna's jealous..." He said as he poked her cheek, she smacked his hand away and began walking, "I am not jealous, plus i am older than you so it's little Carson instead. You are like my 'baby brother'." She said with a smirk, "Hey now!!! not cool bro!"

Jade Zerin - Tamer - 96 - Dragon: Open
Jade reached over petting Ash and then moving over to kiss the top of Shadow's forehead, "I need to get up and make you two food." It was a good thing she didn't have a solid job if she had then she wouldn't have known what to do with the two. They managed to make a living though, sometimes from random people who passed through and were hurt or simply took pity on Jade for trying to raise two baby dragons without any help. One couple that she had helped asked why she did it and if it was hard. Yes it was hard but she did it because she wanted too, the same reason for helping out those who were hurt even if they might turn on her. The couple had been moved and helped look after Ash and Shadow while she went into town to get something to tidy up the house. The man even went out and helped her hunt as payment for helping his wife give birth to a healthy baby.
Veltsu VI Veltsu VI

Last edited:
Shadowflower
BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising , WolfOfProphecys WolfOfProphecys

Shadowflower continued chewing her toy, giggling bit when her mother kissed her forehead. After bit of chewing she looked to her sister, turned so that she was on all four and crawled to her. As she reached to Ash she poked her.​

Falco & Cecile
TIME / WEATHER: Morning (10:00am), Sunny
BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising

While they walked to the baker, arguing about whether an unsweetened sweet roll was still a sweet roll, Cecile overheard voices in the crowd and stopped. She stood, gazing across the crowds of people.

“What is it now?” Falco said. “Don’t tell me you’ve changed your mind again. We’re going to the baker. Not the butcher, not the creamery, not that weird shop that sells ‘fried everything.’”

“Shhhh, I think I heard something,” Cecile said. “Hey what was the name of that prettyboy Astralla said she met last year? The red-haired guy?”

Falco pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose, which was a clear sign he was getting annoyed. “You mean the one she met on the road and hung out with for a week instead of coming to Derentol to meet us?”

“Yeah, that one,” Cecile said. “And he had a dragon, too, right.”

“Carson,” Falco said, with palpable disgust. “And the dragon was Kenna. Why?”

“Because they’re right over there? I can hear 'em talking,” Cecile said, pointing through the crowd. Falco turned to see a red-haired young man and a girl who looked like she could be his sister walking down the street, talking to one another. He gave Cecile an incredulous look, to which she just shrugged and said, “Best hunter in all of Sanctuary. Eyes of the tiger,” she said, making a weird purring sound.

“Ugh, please don't do that again,” Falco muttered, even though this wasn’t the first time Cecile had spotted something he totally missed. Actually, she was quite good at it. Pickpockets in a crowded square, assassins in the shadows, or wolves lurking in the dark; she always seemed to spot dangers he didn't even know were there. “It could be a coincidence,” he reasoned. “I’m sure there are plenty of people named ‘Carson’ and ‘Kenna,’ who perfectly match the description, in this town, on the exact same day Astralla met them. Don’t bother strangers, Cecile. It’s rude.”

“Riiiiight. Well, let’s go un-strange ourselves. We got stood up in Derentol for these two. I wanna see what all the fuss is about,” Cecile said as she took his hand and led him toward the pair, despite his mumbled protests.

Cecile presented herself before the red-haired duo and smiled. “Hi,” she said, waving her gloved hand at them both. If not for her friendly demeanor, she probably would’ve looked like a member of the city watch or something. Cecile always seemed to be wearing some sort of body armor. At this moment, she was decked out in a leather vest for deflecting bullets and arrows, with a pistol on each hip, and a shortsword sheathed at her thigh, and more ammo pouches than was necessary because --as she constantly reminded Falco-- 'bullets don't grow on trees and arrows are for sissies.'

Falco, on the other hand, with his vest and dress shirt and slacks, looked like someone’s expensive butler and the slightly annoyed look on his face seemed to imply he really didn’t have time for these peasants. His only weapon was a fountain pen tucked in his breast pocket.

“Okay, this might be a weird question,” Cecile said, running a hand through her short brunette hair, “but would your name happen to be ‘Carson?’” she said to the fiery-haired male. “You look a lot like someone a friend of mine told me about. You, too,” she added with a glance at the girl beside him.

Astaroth 'Ash' - Dragon - Tamer: None

Veltsu VI Veltsu VI BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising

Ash chirped sleepily to Jade, grumbling softly as she curled up into a tighter ball, trying to keep warm. She snarled softly as Shadowflower poked her, warning her off, not at all wanting anyone to move away from her. She was cold, and she wanted to be warm, and she couldn't be warm if the other two left her side. Nor could she be warm if she decided to play with her sibling, so Ash was more than content to stay where she was.

Eddie / Mayhem - Dragon - Tamer: None

Takumi98 Takumi98

Eddie, quite understandably, panicked when he heard a voice from his side, realising that someone was beside him until the other spoke. He froze, almost tripping over his own feet in utter confusion, hearing the annoyed tones of Mayhem in his head, "We have to be more careful Eddie. Scare him off." Came the rumble in Eddie's head, making the dragon wince. He didn't want to scare anyone off, and the other man didn't seem to be so... upset about Eddie stealing, more amused in fact. Glancing briefly around them, Eddie ignored Mayhem's advice, and shrugged slightly in return to the other man.

"Why do y-you care?" He returned, frowning, "It's not yours. You gonna get us in trouble, or something?" He asked. Out of instinct, he always referred to himself and Mayhem as 'us' or 'we', never 'I' or 'me'. No one had picked up on it yet though.​

Tempest Rosalie Dalir

Tempest watched as Integra went to make rounds, wondering if she just wanted an excuse to get away from both her and Astralla. Being an elf, Integra had a natural disposition to hate Tempest, and Integra just generally could not stand more than five minutes with Astralla, if even that. Turning back around, she attempted to suppress a laugh after Astralla’s comment, Tempest replied “Oh she’s not that terrible, she just has a different outlook on things…”, trying to defend General Volante as anything but stoic was difficult even after how long Tempest had worked with her. As Astralla unbuttoned two buttons on her top Tempest smiled to herself, still the same Astralla, she thought.

As Astralla admired the jewelry Tempest had fashioned, she felt a sense of pride swell within her, many people would not have even known that Tempest could construct such pieces with her abilities. Training herself to master her gifts to the point of perfection had taken years to perfect, but Tempest didn't exactly tend want unnecessary attention brought upon her. Laughing again at one of Astralla’s outrageous and exciting comments, Tempest was glad to have an interaction with someone that was not purely about finance or other official business.

“Has it really been a year?” Tempest asked, wondering just how the time flew by so quickly without her even realizing it. “And you should know that if you ever want me to make a piece for you, you only need to ask” Tempest said, flashing an illusion of a stunning ruby ring on Astralla’s hand.

The realization that the council meeting would commence soon broke Tempest's attention and the illusion faded. "I haven’t had the time to get in proper dress for the council meeting and it’s beginning soon. Walk with me to my quarters? You can fill me in on everything that has happened since we last spoke.” Tempest added. At times like these, she was jealous of Astralla’s ability to wear and act how she wanted, unlike Tempest who was expected to present herself in a certain way almost every second of the day. She also wondered when she would have a word with King Lionheart about her brief excursion to the islands.

TaIbaz Solbubri (51)|Tamer|Dragon: Jeizara and Jeizara (502)|Land/Sky|Tame Dragon|Tamer: Taibaz

Jeizara pulled off the two rabbits as he looked up at his tamer who was now facing the sea. “The long-ears are done cooking. Come eat,” Jeizara rumbled, a growl slipping out between his words. The land & Sky hybrid watched as his tamer turned and made his way towards him, eyes closed as he moved across the earth under their feet, the rocky coastline giving way to earth and grass, his tamer using a stick to help him move across the ground, his left leg missing. Jeizara got to his feet and helped his tamer seat himself on the ground before grabbing a stick of rabbit and handing it to the human he’d bonded with.

“Rabbit?” Taibaz questioned as he brought the meat to his nose and took a whiff. Hearing a grunt from his dragon, Taibaz turned his head towards the teen who took the other rabbit stick in his own hands and bit into the hot meat.

“We need to find you a doctor. Maybe they can restore your sight or your arm and leg.”

Taibaz shook his head. “Nothing can restore my body,” spoke Taibaz. “Not cure my illness. Face it Jeizara.”

The blond-haired teen did not say anything as his human broke into a fit of coughing, Jeizara rushing over to the black haired man who and parting his back though the dragon could do nothing for him. For a moment, he briefly considered taking his tamer to that human he’d fetched a milker for but had no idea where the human was but she wouldn’t be xble to help either, even though his tamer and he had run into the woman once. Even the elves in the monestrary couldn’t help in southern Derentol. She had given him a concoction of herbs to ease his pain but that was all she could do.

Last edited:
On soft feet, by none detected.
[ Karma Rider - Tamer - TBD ]

Karma was back and ready to rumble. He'd had to pack up and abandon his former locale after a close encounter with a bounty hunter and sword poised at his throat. He'd thought he was the baddest cat in the area, but he was proven wrong. Karma was no longer safe in those shadows, so it was prime time to find a new area. The thief had scoped out a larger scale city already, and was already sizing up a woman who didn't seem to be paying much attention to her surroundings. Karma had set himself up on a rooftop, crouched on the edge of a church, peeking down at this stranger. She was kind of pretty, too, he had to admit. Pretty girls usually had good loot.

Karma then decided he had watched long enough, and he suddenly turned and slid on his butt down off the side of the roof before dropping down and landing on his feet in the alleyway beside the church. His cloak made a big floop and dropped over his face unfortunately, and Karma flailed his arms for a moment to get it back down. No one had seen that. Good. Now the man in black lowered his hood to appear casual and he started to walk into the open, avoiding looking at the woman at all costs. Then with a flick of his wrist, the coin purse on her belt was his. With a smirk of success, the thief approached a merchant's stall and innocently began to browse his wares, settling on a tasty looking cake. He passed the payment over, but took a chance and snagged an extra treat for later... just in case they needed it.

Spotting his comrade, Karma picked up his pace and came jogging over, grinning with success as he pulled a piece of cake off and crammed it into his mouth. "Got whatcha' need?" He asked with a mouthful of this delicious cake. He ended up dropping some crumbs, but there was so much- he didn't care. Man, it made his eyes water it was so light and tasty... when was the last time he'd had chocolate? Far too long. Treats for everyone! On that elf!

[ Locale: Derentol ]
[ Takumi98 Takumi98 ]
Dealing death, by most rejected.

Anaba Zadok |Tamer| Dragon: TBD

Anaba checked the amount of coin she had and was pleased with herself. Looking up as her companion headed her way, she nodded when asked if she got what she needed.

"Meats, fruits and vegetables." She answered, patting the bag at her hip. Most of the meats had been dried and salted, yet all were wrapped in packaging and tied with string.

"Pfft. You eat like a child...here." Reaching out, she wiped some of the crumbs away with a chuckle.

Wonderblue Wonderblue
---

Kyros | Wild Dragon | Tamer: TBD

"Hm? If I wanted to get you in trouble I would've already. I'm assuming that since you didnt pay you don't have the means to, right?" Kyros, still amused, slightly tilted his head.

"While I could march you back to that stand and make you apologize there's no point. I could, however, buy you a meal-albeit a small one." He offered, a bit of a friendly gesture. Maybe out of slight pity. Placing a hand on his hip, he'd wait for an answer from the other.

TIME / WEATHER: Morning (10:30am), Overcast

“It would be my pleasure,” Astralla said when Tempest asked if she would walk with her to her quarters. “Although I’m not entirely sure what ‘proper dress’ even means. You already have the enticing bits covered. That should be enough, in my humble opinion.” She had her arm draped over Tempest’s shoulder and was holding her close, but released her as they began to walk together.

Astralla fell in step beside the elf, with her hands clasped behind her back and her chest thrust out. She always seemed to radiate pride and confidence everywhere she went, as if she was always in charge. The only person she ever bent the knee to was the king, and even then, she seemed to do it out of respect for the man himself, not his rank. Technically, the Comptroller and General outranked her, too, but she never lowered herself before either of them.

“Anyway, it’s been a slow year,” she said with a dramatic sigh as they traversed the white stone halls. Reinta’s Vigil was both a fortress and royal palace. Some parts of its architecture was cold, gray stone, built for war. It was situated strategically on a rocky island in the center of Lake Hindel. The city of Kellheim stood along the shores of the delta where the lake met Arputi’s River, connected to Reinta’s Vigil by a long, stone bridge.

Astralla and Tempest were walking through the palace part, with its high, arched windows and gilded chandeliers, and enormous portraits of men and women, elves, and dragons who had left their mark on Sanctuary’s history. Their footfalls echoed in the empty halls, joined on by a pair of maids who bustled past carrying a tray of water. The two servants briefly dipped their heads and smiled before disappearing down the corridor and silence returned.

“I’ve been thinking I should do more,” Astralla said. “Maybe I’m getting… old,” she nearly choked on the word, “but lately I feel the need to make my mark on the world. We expanded the orphanage in Strallheim, added a proper schoolhouse. That was… nice… I suppose, doing something for the next generation. And there’s that railway deal with Derentol, but that’s Falco’s project, not mine… even if it was my idea.”

As they turned a corner onto the hallway where Tempest’s quarters were located, Astralla began to lag behind, clearly more concerned with the topic than their destination. “What have I been up to for the past year? Nothing? Nothing,” she said with palpable disappointment. “I’ve sat on my ass while the world turns. It’s… rather sad, really. Sometimes, I wish I were busier, like you and Leon and even Integra. You’re doing things. I’m just someone who… did things. Terrible things, yes, but at least it was something.”

Tempest Rosalie Dalir

“Oh you know, different occasions call for different styles of dress and so on. Not to mention the lingering eyes of a few councilmen, who would rather look than listen to us” Tempest replied with an eye roll. Though she and other women held high positions in Sanctuary, they still had to go the extra mile to earn the respect of many of the men there. As the pair walked toward her quarters, Tempest began to admire the way Astralla held and presented herself. It was as if she was invincible, commanding attention and making you want to stop in your tracks and listen to her before she spoke a word.

Walking through the palace was always a magnificent affair, the sun hitting the massive stain-glass windows just right, creating a mosaic of dancing hues against the white stone. Tempest had always viewed Reinta’s Vigil as a piece of art rather than a palace itself. And though it was built for strategic purposes, the view was astounding. The appearance of two maids broke Tempest’s trance, briefly walking past just long enough to murmur a polite greeting.

Tempest laughed at Astralla mentioning she could be getting old, “You are most certainly not old, and as for the orphanage, that is a way of making your mark on the world. It is helping a generation of children have a chance at the future they deserve. Oh yes, we do need to discuss the railway” Tempest added, she began thinking about where Sanctuary’s money was going currently, and where it could be going after the council meeting. She was so lost in thought that she almost didn’t notice Astralla lagging a couple steps behind. Slowing her step to become even with Astralla again, Tempest reflected on what Astralla said. “You have done, and continue to do things, Astralla. What position one holds or how busy one is does not represent anything if they do not make use of that title and use their power correctly. Your past does not control your present or future. Believe me when I say this, Astralla, you have the power and voice to accomplish endeavors that you believe are worthwhile.” As she finished her spiel, they arrived at Tempest’s quarters, it was one of the smaller rooms in this wing of the palace, but Tempest had chosen it particularly because of the balcony with a full view of Kellheim.

The room glittered with hints of delicate gems and pristine metalwork, the opulent furniture contrasting with the pristine white walls. It was clear of any sign of mess, not a piece of furniture out of place, not a single mark on the walls. Though it could have been perceived as excessive, Tempest designed it in a way that felt tasteful and artistic, balancing minimalism with details of extravagance. She turned to face Astralla and waved her fingers, giving the illusion of an elegant crimson dress that hugged her frame, a simple pair of earrings to match. Then the illusion morphed into a pair of fitted black trousers with a silky emerald button up blouse, this outfit paired with a delicate emerald necklace. “Which one do we think” asked Tempest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back