Other Tell us about your pet peeves!

Internet lag, Christmas music before December, working retail, drunk people.

The list goes on, but I think that my biggest pet peeve is actually whistling. I have severe Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and probably a little misophonia as well, so I find it to be aggressively sharp and loud. Even worse is that I actually feel like such a jerk for being so bothered by it. Most people whistle when they're in a good mood and Whistling Vivaldi even talks about a man who dealt with racism by whistling. I don't know why my brain hates it so much, but it's so bad that I can't even listen to songs with whistling in it. Something about it makes me irrationally angry and I've even lashed out at family members over it before. It really sucks and I hate it.

At least my friends know not to whistle around me, I guess.

Anyone who firmly believes people cant change. Rubs me the wrong way. I also really loath gossip
But at the same time, I don't like people who expect you to interact with someone because they've changed. Sure, they could be a better person now, but if they've hurt you in the past, it could still be a painful experience to see them again

But at the same time, I don't like people who expect you to interact with someone because they've changed. Sure, they could be a better person now, but if they've hurt you in the past, it could still be a painful experience to see them again
That is super fair.
My point isn't to say that others should be forced to mingle but I really find it toxic if someone holds onto that resentment for like an extended period of time. I know what it feels like to be bitter and truly believe someone has been a despicable person for years after our moment and then to find out they really made an effort to change. And luckily reconnecting with this person really was healing more for me than them.
Though this is my personal experience. Your point is fair and if there wasn't a chance to reach out I may have felt similar. I understand where this comes totally relatable and understandable

People taking stuff from my station at work without asking. I don't care if I said "yes" yesterday. You ask every time you need the thing. I don't like reaching for my $200+ shears and finding their spot empty. I don't like needing my guard comb, reaching for it, and having it be on someone else's clippers.

Just this morning someone did a nail trim on my table. They quicked a nail and it bled. They used my Quic Stop and got it on my paw mat (which was an expensive gift). They didn't even clean it up and I had to use peroxide to try and get the stains out.

Borrowing from me and not respecting my things like allowing the cat who is known to chew cords destroy my expensive charger and head set.

People staring directly at me in public because my head shakes. That's my frickin' favorite thing ever in the whole wide world 🙃
No, I don't have Parkinson's.
My body is fighting itself. Leave me TF alone.
The best part is, if I ever need a service dog I will be stared at and pestered EVEN MORE. YAY!

People who sneeze into their hands or cough / sneeze without covering their face at all, people who chew loudly, the sound of silverware scraping against surfaces, people who don't use turn signals..I'm sure the list could go on.

People who sneeze into their hands or cough / sneeze without covering their face at all, people who chew loudly, the sound of silverware scraping against surfaces, people who don't use turn signals..I'm sure the list could go on.
Relatable- very relatable...

The Internet claims to be 'connected' but isn't actually on the internet. Please, if you're connected, ACT LIKE IT-

People being rude for the sake of being rude. Life is hard enough already without people intentionally making it worse just because they can.

I'm a soldering technician. I solder teeny-tiny components onto circuit boards, and sometimes I have to repair circuit boards themselves. This involves me looking through a microscope and having very steady and precise hands, and being VERY focused. I'm handling a soldering iron that is heated to 750F.

And people just LOVE to shout at me while I am soldering said microscopic parts onto a circuit board while holding a 750F piece of metal in my hand.

For clarification, I'm a minority. I really despise if I'm somewhere minding my own business. Listening to music or grocery shopping even working and someone, who I don't even know, decides, completely out of the blue start a conversation with me about race. For example, 'am I disgusted by all the killing going on in your community?' or 'we may have different skin color but we've gone through the same things.' Do I know you? What makes you think it's okay to approach someone with some foolishness like that?

When people drench their steak/burgers in Steak Sauce, or BBQ sauce or whatever sauce. I've even had people do this to my steaks and burgers when I cook them, and it's kind of insulting. Like, you know it's seasoned right? I took the time to cook it just so. But now it just tastes like steak sauce. -_-

People dropping the word 'woke' for everything. Seems kind of like they really don't know what it means.

I hate getting my hair cut. It's not because I hate actually getting the haircut done, but because afterwards EVERYONE has to make a big fuss over it. I dislike being the center of attention.

I got my hair cut yesterday, and today at work it was constantly, "AHHHHH! GRUMPY!!! YOU GOT YOUR HAIR CUT!!!"

Yes, your eyes work. Good for you. Please leave me alone. My hair was getting too long and annoying to take care of, and my cockatiel's feet kept getting caught in it, so I got it cut. Nothing fancy. No big deal.

On the upside, one coworker commented that I look like a teenager now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back