Other Tell us about your pet peeves!

One of my BIGGEST pet peeves is open mouth chewing--I cannot describe how much I hate it
I also hate when people tap on things when it's quiet

I hate gangster talk, and the uneducated slang that comes with it. I really don't like how crass it can be, and how sexual and offensive it gets.

And for a non weird pet peeve LOUD CHEWERS

Basic, easily checkable errors in published books. No typos and stuff but like ... just things that are wrong.

Not one but two books by different authors set in Faerie courts where the author doesn't know what the Solstice is. Book one: "The Solstice is when the days and nights are of equal length," NO smh that's an Equinox. Book two: "The Autumn Solstice" NO there is no Autumn solstice, it's an E Q U I N O X. You did all this research on faerie lore and you couldn't even look at the Junior Atlas? Unless this is some kind of bizarre US English usage where you get solstices four times a year?!

Also some author talking about "kabuki masks" like that's a thing. Would it take you OR the team of editors working on the book more than one minute to just check this?!

I think my true role in life is to be a continuity reader or something. XD

Don't tell me to calm down, breath, stop feeling that feeling or any other iteration when I am clearly upset. Like let me feel my feelings and even better acknowledge that my feelings are legitimate and valid. I don't need calming down I need support I'll calm down once it's out of my system. I can't just stop I struggle with regulating emotions it comes with my brainpot of illnesses. Telling me to calm down isn't helpful and it's counter productive.

I hate when people offer vague, very obvious solutions to complex problems and then act as if they have personally solved that problem forever.

Don't tell me to calm down, breath, stop feeling that feeling or any other iteration when I am clearly upset. Like let me feel my feelings and even better acknowledge that my feelings are legitimate and valid. I don't need calming down I need support I'll calm down once it's out of my system. I can't just stop I struggle with regulating emotions it comes with my brainpot of illnesses. Telling me to calm down isn't helpful and it's counter productive.
This, a thousand times over.

Like, if I'm on the verge of/having an anxiety attack, the absolute last thing I want to here is "just calm down/just relax" or any variation of those. It legitimately pisses me off.

The way schools can never be too careful about making sure everyone knows exactly when and where every sportsball game is taking place that semester and how to purchase a ticket, but will make actual important information like how to switch classes only accessible by making five phone calls and a trip through the astral.

It's widely known that telling someone to "calm down" makes them angry. We had conflict resolution training on this for my work once. XD

I'm actually going to put fiction written in first person for no reason into my pet peeves list. I've listened to/ read about 7 books in a row in first person and only one of them actually benefited from that. I'm starting to find 1st person annoying in general.

Whenever I'm sitting and eating with someone and they get food on their mouth or somewhere on their face and just leave it there, I just want to shift into the air. Also when I'm talking to someone and they either aren't listening and I have to explain everything over again or if they fall asleep.

Me - Do you wanna eat at a restaurant or at the house?

them - yes

WHAT IS WITH YES AS AN ANSWER TO A QUESTION THAT IS NOOOOT A YES OR NO QUESTION AHHHHHHHHHHH

When I answer a question, and someone goes "Really?"

Like, no, I thought it would be fun to just straight up lie. -_-

*wet, slithering sounds*

"Nhnhnhn I like ya hair. Can I...can I touch?"

*continued mouth smacking noises*

"O yeah it's so long. You won't mind if I, a complete and utter stranger, just slide on up and put my greasy hands on it rite? Just a lil touch. I gotta. You can't have such long hair down and not let me touch hrehreheh."

In other words, totally random people who I have never met coming up and asking...nay, demanding that I let them touch my flowing locks. Don't forget the added comment of how they wish they could steal it, if it's my natural hair color, and that I should never dye it. Pardon, Bertha, whomst the fuck are you?

*wet, slithering sounds*

"Nhnhnhn I like ya hair. Can I...can I touch?"

*continued mouth smacking noises*

"O yeah it's so long. You won't mind if I, a complete and utter stranger, just slide on up and put my greasy hands on it rite? Just a lil touch. I gotta. You can't have such long hair down and not let me touch hrehreheh."

In other words, totally random people who I have never met coming up and asking...nay, demanding that I let them touch my flowing locks. Don't forget the added comment of how they wish they could steal it, if it's my natural hair color, and that I should never dye it. Pardon, Bertha, whomst the fuck are you?
Oh my gosh. This. I finished chemo treatment a couple years ago and it was ASTONISHING how many friends and family assumed they just had the right to rub their hands all over my fuzzy head before even waving hello to me. At least strangers stayed away.

I know my head fuzz (now long locks) is amazing. Yes, I love hugs and physical contact. Do not approach me with your hands extended towards my head like a zombie wanting to crack my skull open.

• People who yell or swear at their so-called loved ones in arguments. Just seems disrespectful.
  • Obsessive friends who react with anger/passive-aggressiveness when you're not super codependent with them 24/7. Boundaries are a thing!
  • Being seen as a closeted gay guy for being bisexual, no matter who I date... ugh. Or assuming disabled guys must be asexual 💀
  • Touching me like a pet w/o consent because I'm a "cute uwu wheelchair softboy" yikesssssss
  • Mocking appearance as a form of humor. It's always gross and rarely, if ever, funny 💁‍♂️

Last edited:
Oh my gosh. This. I finished chemo treatment a couple years ago and it was ASTONISHING how many friends and family assumed they just had the right to rub their hands all over my fuzzy head before even waving hello to me. At least strangers stayed away.

I know my head fuzz (now long locks) is amazing. Yes, I love hugs and physical contact. Do not approach me with your hands extended towards my head like a zombie wanting to crack my skull open.

I can only imagine that having a fuzzy head or ethnic hair is even worse. I still can't fathom the completely shameless audacity that some people have to feel so entitled towards another person's personal space like that. It should be socially and legally acceptable to start snapping fingers off the second anyone's hand comes within a foot of your hair.

I can only imagine that having a fuzzy head or ethnic hair is even worse. I still can't fathom the completely shameless audacity that some people have to feel so entitled towards another person's personal space like that. It should be socially and legally acceptable to start snapping fingers off the second anyone's hand comes within a foot of your hair.

I hate it when people touch me at all. Not close friends or my SO (i love hugs xD) but anyone else. I'm sure I've given death glares to people who have touched my arm or knee during a conversation. Why do people do this? Get away from my meat suit!

I also hate when people use my name during normal conversation. "So, Crayons, what do you think, Crayons?" It gives me super bad vibes.

I guess i just don't like unearned familiarity or something. :/

I hate it when people touch me at all. Not close friends or my SO (i love hugs xD) but anyone else. I'm sure I've given death glares to people who have touched my arm or knee during a conversation. Why do people do this? Get away from my meat suit!
Oh yeah, entirely. Physical contact is my love language, I adore when someone I love gives me a nudge or hug, but uh... Gee, my personal bubble is very valued, and if you're not one of those people, then you'd better at least be asking permission. It really breaks my entire train of thought when someone touches my arm during conversation, it's just like "What, why'd you do that, am I missing something, ARE YOU THREATENING ME-"

When all people want you to do is listen to their problems then tell them the things they only want to hear.

People who think Tourettes = coprolalia. Won't go more into that than that.

- I cannot stand the "misery olympics." Just because you have problems I don't have doesn't mean my problems aren't a big deal or I shouldn't be worn out by them, karen. And no, being tired all the time is not all in my head or something that can be solved via positive thinking.

- When you're overstimulated/stressed and you try to use breathing exercises to calm down only to realize that breathing makes noise and now you can't stand the sound of your own continued existence.

- Kind of specific, but people who don't care about keeping their work area properly stocked. Bad under normal circumstances, worse when you work on ambulance.

- I cannot stand the "misery olympics." Just because you have problems I don't have doesn't mean my problems aren't a big deal or I shouldn't be worn out by them, karen. And no, being tired all the time is not all in my head or something that can be solved via positive thinking.
I second this motion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back