Other Tell us about your pet peeves!

I put in the effort to poke fun at it "You don't talk much, huh?"

Theres's poking fun at it OOC but then there's an ultimate point where you almost want to say f it you know? Maybe it's just me who's been rping for forever and a day, I may have started in writing fanfics before I knew that fanfics were an actual thing, but I expect a level of courtesy to at least try to give me a paragraph to respond to. A paragraph I can work with but you give me two lines and I'll sit there for an hour scratching my head trying to figure out 'ok, what can I do to this?'

Theres's poking fun at it OOC but then there's an ultimate point where you almost want to say f it you know? Maybe it's just me who's been rping for forever and a day, I may have started in writing fanfics before I knew that fanfics were an actual thing, but I expect a level of courtesy to at least try to give me a paragraph to respond to. A paragraph I can work with but you give me two lines and I'll sit there for an hour scratching my head trying to figure out 'ok, what can I do to this?'
I make the general rule of "Post should not be short enough to fit in a tweet." For RP posts.

"Sexy" CPR in movies/TV. "oh ha ha ooh they're kissing!" NO THEY ARE NOT. smh.

God forbid you never have to do CPR in real life because if you get a boner that is going to be very difficult to explain.

Also no one ever uses a face shield even when they would have access to one, but that's kind of a side issue here.

God forbid you never have to do CPR in real life because if you get a boner that is going to be very difficult to explain.
What a coincidence! One of my pet peeves is getting a boner every time I administer CPR. Not only is it awkward and difficult to explain it's just down right cumbersome and weird. I can't begin to tell you how many people I've helped over the years, and yep, lo-and-behold, "little Simon" decides to rise to the occasion. Next time I will probably ask someone else to do the CPR while a go take a cold shower.

People who pretend to know what I’m talking about and then tell me days later that ‘I didn’t say anything’.

Well maybe you would know something if you had paid attention when I wanted to help! Then you would know what was happening and wouldn’t have to come with a note basically saying ‘I don’t really care, now tell me how to do it’. Usually I just flat-out refuse to help because then they think they can get away with it.

Rant. Over.

Having to explain something to the point where I become incoherent. Some people want to analyse for a hidden meaning that isn’t there, sometimes.

Friends that aren’t there when you need them, but message you when you’re needed or try to get your attention on social media somehow.

When you remember having a joke with some people about something, then you go back and have something you think they will find funny based on past interactions, and suddenly they are all on their moral high horse and tell you things like that aren't funny and you're being an asshole. Like ... excuse me? Are you shitting me with that attitude?

"I've changed my mind and now I am morally superior to you for x reasons." :/

When you remember having a joke with some people about something, then you go back and have something you think they will find funny based on past interactions, and suddenly they are all on their moral high horse and tell you things like that aren't funny and you're being an asshole. Like ... excuse me? Are you shitting me with that attitude?

"I've changed my mind and now I am morally superior to you for x reasons." :/
I've been there before. LOL

I've been there before. LOL

Look, I get it if it's something like "hey I don't find racist/transphobic/sexist jokes funny any more" I really do, (not that I would tell those jokes) but it was something super innocuous, and I got a huge mouthful. It's upset me now and it's only 9 am and I'm not sure if I can bounce back from it. :/

I'm not sure if this person just wanted an argument or something.

Look, I get it if it's something like "hey I don't find racist/transphobic/sexist jokes funny any more" I really do, (not that I would tell those jokes) but it was something super innocuous, and I got a huge mouthful. It's upset me now and it's only 9 am and I'm not sure if I can bounce back from it. :/

I'm not sure if this person just wanted an argument or something.
I think we're in agreeance agreement that it just sucks to deal with that in the morning.

i don't like it when people try to cut in while i'm talking. makes it seem like they're only waiting to speak and not really listening-

It’s partly just my sensory issues but also a pet peeve when people eat or drink way too loudly. I get that not all foods are exactly quiet but there’s a difference between eating chips or something normally and flat out crunching on them loud enough for the entire state to hear (slight exaggeration but you get my point).

Is there a gene that causes people to not understand that making lots of noise late at night is rude and can interfere with others' sleep?

It’s partly just my sensory issues but also a pet peeve when people eat or drink way too loudly. I get that not all foods are exactly quiet but there’s a difference between eating chips or something normally and flat out crunching on them loud enough for the entire state to hear (slight exaggeration but you get my point).
Thiiiiiiis. I tend to be sensitive to loud noises in general, but the sound of people eating is like a misophonia level of discomfort for me, especially if there's a distinct wetness to the sound.

I don't like when there are multiple conversations going on at the same time and people expect me to listen to one while the other party continues as they please.

- the way ur belt loops only get stuck on the doorknob when ur in a bad mood.
- ppl who correct obvious mistakes in spelling/grammar - we all know what they mean, just move along. bonus points if they correct them but they're wrong too. bonus bonus points if it's during an argument.
- chewing/drinking noises
- when ppl start a yt video & etc. but turn it off before reaching the end. im looking @ u, foster bro..
- when ppl wash their hands but don't dry them so next time u go to leave the restroom u grab a soaking wet doorknob. looking @ u again, foster bro.
- ppl who think hating certain trends/ popular things is a personality trait.. ur not cool bc u refuse to download tiktok

1. Mouth sounds in general, specifically someone smacking while they chew their food.

2. People who try to minimize or invalidate another persons pain/misfortune by comparing it to their own.

3. People who cling to me when I'm very clearly done with the hug and trying to pull away.

4. Multiple people trying to talk to me all at once, while also trying to talk over each other.

5. People hovering very close to me when I'm doing something.

It really gets under my skin when people claim to have a mental disorder just to sound “cool” or “fit in.”

Like, maybe I’m just super sensitive, but it actually bothers me? “Oh yeah, I have depression and anxiety too!” But they’ve never been diagnosed, they function 100% normally but they self diagnosed themselves because sometimes they feel the least bit sad or nervous 🙃

When people speak up about very valid and concerning issues and instead of hearing them through and asking them how you can help, you redirect their conversations or dismiss it entirely. You tell them they're overreacting and do absolutely nothing to make them feel better, safer, or more comfortable.

When you're just taking a nap or started your lunch, that very minute everyone and their parents is calling you, texting you, sending you emails and asking questions!

Eating noises and being asked what I'm doing or questions about the thing I'm doing constantly. Trying to figure out how to tell my roommate to leave me alone to let me do my thing but her anxiety is what drives all the questions so idk if there's a happy solution. : (

Users who are viewing this thread

Back