Other Tell us about your pet peeves!

People telling me that they're going to get back to me on something (saying "we should play XYZ soon!") and then never do.
Pfft. Oh, man. Get used to it. The faux-interest you get with a lot of people responding to RTs are just that, a stated interest and then radio silence.

People with their faces constantly buried in their cell phones. I see it everywhere: at work, at the mall, when we're out eating somewhere, driving...
I especially see it in teens as they follow around their parents. It's like they are in zombie mode, and not even really there, just mindlessly tagging along while they are engrossed in whatever is happening on their tiny screen. But adults do it too.

Get your faces out of the screen and pay attention to the world around you!

Last edited:
People with their faces constantly buried in their cell phones. I see it everywhere: at work, at the mall, when we're out eating somewhere, driving...
I especially see it in teens as they follow around their parents. It's like they are in zombie mode, and not even really there, just mindlessly tagging along while they are engrossed in whatever is happening on their tiny screen. But adults do it too.

I admit that I'm often guilty of this, typically when commuting somewhere on public transit.

I don't understand people's obsession with having to record everything. I'd rather just enjoy the moment. It's also scary to think that if you screw up, or something happens to you, someone could record it and post it on the internet for everyone to see!

Speaking of phones, and to keep this post relevant to the thread, a peeve of mine is when I'm at a gathering, we've all started to eat, and someone has to whip out the phone and tell us to smile for photos.

I hate the Happy Birthday song. I hate being the center of attention. The Happy Birthday song is the part I DREAD when my birthday comes. Telling people I hate that stuff just encourages them to do it even more, in the loudest and most obnoxious way possible, so I don't tell people when my birthday is.

Being interrupted, people making (negative) assumptions about me and then saying them to me, and incompetent idiots.

Stuff like if i spend hours moving a client's furniture and they say something like "gosh that sure was exhausting " as if they were doing ant of the actual work...

My pet peeve is when people are simply, unnecessarily, unkind. Like, when you have the chance to simply smile or say something nice or show appreciation for another person and brighten their day and you don’t? Like, really, if it won’t cost you anything or harm you in any way, why would you not just be kind? Why make negative comments out of the blue? Why give people dirty looks, or dismiss them when they’re proud of something? Why go out of your way to make somebody else miserable? Especially if those people you’re being unkind towards are your children.
because it’s human nature to blow off your own bad day to others. if someone were to make your day bad, you pass it on. it’s wrong, i know, but some of us don’t have any other coping skill so don’t get mad about it, its all we have.

because it’s human nature to blow off your own bad day to others. if someone were to make your day bad, you pass it on. it’s wrong, i know, but some of us don’t have any other coping skill so don’t get mad about it, its all we have.
I don't mean to start anything but I feel like "don't get mad about it" is probably not a good thing to say to someone you've mistreated.

- Being asked something about myself, but then being cut off because they'd actually rather talk about themselves.
- Being asked a question, but then interrupted every sentence. Then when you finally answer, you're told that you're wrong, and then they reiterate your answer back to you like a parrot.
- When coworkers forget the "co" and "worker" in coworkers.
- Being rude to waiters/waitresses when they've been nothing but polite and respectful.
- Hearing "they'll be in a better place though."

The concept of making an introvert 'come out of their shell'. I can't count on my hands how many new co-workers have said, quote:
"You're really quiet."
"One day I'll get you to talk."
"I'm starting to think you don't like me."
"One day I just want to hear you yell."

I understand that humans are social, I understand that silence with only headshakes and one-sided conversations are often considered rude or off-putting. But has anyone sat back and considered why introverted people who are often selectively mute or don't talk much in social environments are that way to begin with? Maybe being in crowds drain our energy or were unfamiliar with the person trying to associate with us and it's making us feel awkward/ uncomfortable. Maybe were just socially awkward or lack conversation experience. Maybe we're really hard on ourselves and are too scared that we'll humiliate ourselves so it's better to simply nod then to risk that embarrassment. Or we've had negative experiences in the past, or we just want to work, get our paycheck and go.

I've felt all of these and there's countless reasons for a person to be mute in public but the point I'm trying to make is that some people don't want to socialize and this 'I can fix them' mentality could easily come off as self-centered. I've never felt angered from these advances, I understand that introverted and anti-social behavior is seen as not appropriate and is something people feel they need to change. I understand that getting into a one-sided conversation can make someone feel self-conscious, ignored or disliked but miscommunications plague social interactions.

Please, try not to take it to heart. We are all human here and we can't satisfy everyone all at once. We can't all get along because of differences, experiences and opinions. Just let introverted people exist in their own way.

People with no spatial awareness (I am often stocking on shift in the mornings), and the amount of people who walk into me or stand in front of my stock cage and then— open up boxes (complaining said boxes are hard to open), like why??? Luckily, I am leaving soon but it astounds me that actual adults have no concept over boundaries or physical space.

Whistling. I've noticed it bothers me even in songs and video games too. The exception is short whistling (ie: whistling for a horse) or a dog whistling (quieter to me for some reason).

Smacking food with an open mouth and not stopping when someone politely tells them to.

The concept of making an introvert 'come out of their shell'. I can't count on my hands how many new co-workers have said, quote:
"You're really quiet."
"One day I'll get you to talk."
"I'm starting to think you don't like me."
"One day I just want to hear you yell."

I understand that humans are social, I understand that silence with only headshakes and one-sided conversations are often considered rude or off-putting. But has anyone sat back and considered why introverted people who are often selectively mute or don't talk much in social environments are that way to begin with? Maybe being in crowds drain our energy or were unfamiliar with the person trying to associate with us and it's making us feel awkward/ uncomfortable. Maybe were just socially awkward or lack conversation experience. Maybe we're really hard on ourselves and are too scared that we'll humiliate ourselves so it's better to simply nod then to risk that embarrassment. Or we've had negative experiences in the past, or we just want to work, get our paycheck and go.

I've felt all of these and there's countless reasons for a person to be mute in public but the point I'm trying to make is that some people don't want to socialize and this 'I can fix them' mentality could easily come off as self-centered. I've never felt angered from these advances, I understand that introverted and anti-social behavior is seen as not appropriate and is something people feel they need to change. I understand that getting into a one-sided conversation can make someone feel self-conscious, ignored or disliked but miscommunications plague social interactions.

Please, try not to take it to heart. We are all human here and we can't satisfy everyone all at once. We can't all get along because of differences, experiences and opinions. Just let introverted people exist in their own way.
As an introvert myself, I 100% agree. People are always trying to get me to go to loud and vibrant social events because they say it will be "good for me" and "fun." I don't find being surrounded by people "fun" at all, especially since I'm totally blind and it's pretty scary because in a room full of people that you don't know and that you also can't see. I especially hate hearing sounds from all around me and having to make sense of them; it gives me a sensory overload.

As someone who is blind, one of my biggest pet peeves is when people hug me without asking if it's OK first. If you're someone I know, I will be willing to be more forgiving of this, but if you're someone I've never met or I'm just not awara of how close you are to me, I will probably feel really uncomfortable with you hugging me. Another thing that really annoys me is when my friends ask me for bites of food or a sip of my drink. I am a total germophobe and they all know it, and yet they still ask even though they know the answer will be absolutely not. Finally, people trying to involve me in their drama. You're allowed to ask me for advice, but don't ask me to fix everything for you because I'm not going to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back