Other Tell us about your pet peeves!

it's extremely petty but for some reason i hate it when people put cold drinks in a mug? in my little brain mugs are solely for hot drinks and glasses/tumblers are for cold drinks.

also when people crack/snap their gum (not like blowing bubbles and popping them but making those tiny bubbles and cracking them inside the mouth? i'm doing an amazing job explaining it). the sound just makes me cringe.

and! when people spit on the ground in public like? can you not hock a loogie right on the busy sidewalk? can i give you a tissue?

Loud chewing...no matter who it is.
Which is a nightmare as I can hear myself chew. I cringe every time.

But seriously, if anyone is chewing loudly and doing those slurp sounds near me then I have to walk away. I don't say anything because even with your mouth close, some foods make sounds.
However, if you're chewing with your mouth open then I stare with a disgusted look on my face until you get the hint.

I work in IT, and my ultimate pet peeve is probably the most obvious one for anyone who's worked a "service" job before...

People. Do. Not. Read. Instructions.

I swear 95% of the issues I help solve on a daily basis could be avoided by people reading the instructions. They're not that long. And they're not complicated reading. So there's no excuse for needing me most of the time. Lol.

I work in IT, and my ultimate pet peeve is probably the most obvious one for anyone who's worked a "service" job before...

People. Do. Not. Read. Instructions.

I swear 95% of the issues I help solve on a daily basis could be avoided by people reading the instructions. They're not that long. And they're not complicated reading. So there's no excuse for needing me most of the time. Lol.
Oh I can imagine. People be dumb af.

eating noises, getting ridiculed for my accent despite my english being fine, people instantly assuming that i am a ""gopnik"" when I say I'm from eastern europe, gatekeepers lol

Being made to feel like you can't be uncomfortable with something, that if you are uncomfortable your feelings are inconsequential.

Whistling makes me extremely and irrationally angry. Any kind of whistling, whether it be from a person in front of me or a recording from a song. I think I might have misophonia. Sometimes I literally snap on people for whistling and I feel awful for it. I don't want to be a damper on anyone's mood or anything, it's just so sharp and uncomfortable to hear. The only way I can describe it is like how I'd picture nails scratching against a chalkboard. And yes, this is true for both people who can and cannot actually whistle.

Oh, I have a few! These anger me to no end! >.<;
  • At stores, when people leave their carts in the middle of the parking lot instead of taking them five feet to the cart corral.
  • When people stand to talk in the middle of a busy store with no courtesy to others who need to get by.
  • Very loud dogs that won't stop barking/howling at everything. x.x
  • Children throwing tantrums in the middle of a store. (Or just in general. Not a big fan of kids tbh. xD)
  • People who never actually stop at stop signs. (My best friend does this and it drives me crazy. I'm a passenger seat driver with her and she doesn't care that I hate it. xD But it's fine, we adore each other lol.)
  • People who are rude/mean for no good reason. Especially when it comes to customer service employees. It's hard enough working a job like that for such little pay and then add on people being complete dick's to them, just because they can. It's infuriating.
  • ...Honestly? Basically just people. People, in general, tend to get on my nerves 90% of the time. xD (Unless of course you're a decent human being, which seems a rarity to find nowadays, sad to say.)

Oh, I have a few! These anger me to no end! >.<;
  • At stores, when people leave their carts in the middle of the parking lot instead of taking them five feet to the cart corral.
  • When people stand to talk in the middle of a busy store with no courtesy to others who need to get by.
  • Very loud dogs that won't stop barking/howling at everything. x.x
  • Children throwing tantrums in the middle of a store. (Or just in general. Not a big fan of kids tbh. xD)
  • People who never actually stop at stop signs. (My best friend does this and it drives me crazy. I'm a passenger seat driver with her and she doesn't care that I hate it. xD But it's fine, we adore each other lol.)
  • People who are rude/mean for no good reason. Especially when it comes to customer service employees. It's hard enough working a job like that for such little pay and then add on people being complete dick's to them, just because they can. It's infuriating.
  • ...Honestly? Basically just people. People, in general, tend to get on my nerves 90% of the time. xD (Unless of course you're a decent human being, which seems a rarity to find nowadays, sad to say.)
100% this. Especially the second one. Just had it happen to me as a matter of fact. Man was in the middle of the aisle. I politely said excuse me in which he just looked at me as if I did something wrong before moving an inch. To be honest, I could have mowed through him but was trying to be nice.

Hah....

100% this. Especially the second one. Just had it happen to me as a matter of fact. Man was in the middle of the aisle. I politely said excuse me in which he just looked at me as if I did something wrong before moving an inch. To be honest, I could have mowed through him but was trying to be nice.

Hah....
Isn't it just so frustrating? I'm sorry you had to go through that. x.x
It seriously just seems as though people lack common courtesy nowadays.
At least you remained kind through it though, that shows your character! :closed eyes open smile:

Isn't it just so frustrating? I'm sorry you had to go through that. x.x
It seriously just seems as though people lack common courtesy nowadays.
At least you remained kind through it though, that shows your character! :closed eyes open smile:
Thank you. I definitely agree with you. No common courtesy, sense, or anything really lol.

Thank you. I definitely agree with you. No common courtesy, sense, or anything really lol.
Agreed! Lol.
There are a few gems hidden in the smog though. xD
Just have to keep searching.~
And of course! It's a very admirable trait, to remain kind when others are not.

Super annoying when you greet someone, look them in the eye, say some polite words and they say nothing back. Same thing, though not to the same degree, online. Try to have a conversation/quote someone only for them to not say a word. Rude much?

I'm a dog groomer. My biggest pet peeve is when a dog comes in matted. Especially when it's severely matted. The worst are clients who think we will de-mat it and save it's fur. Uh, no. Humanity before vanity. If you don't brushy brushy I will shavey shavey and your dog will get the #10 special all over with a de-mat fee on top of it to replace/sharpen my freshly damaged $30-$50 blades.

I wont say what severe matting can eventually do to a dog. It's worse than a lot of people think.

Current pet peeve are people who complain in line. Everyone is waiting. No need to rush people ahead of you. It’s just incredibly rude and makes other people uncomfortable. It’s not hard to wait your turn.

Happy Joy GIF

Mine; as a bartender.

Snapping your fingers, whistling, clearing your throat repeatedly, talking to yourself loudly, or yelling to get my attention.

Being asked to hide purses or bags behind the bar or charge cell phones.

People dipping their tainted germ ridden fingers into my garnishes to serve themselves.

People bringing kids into the bar and then not understanding what they did wrong and why I won't serve them.

People not bringing their ID to the bar and then acting confused as if they've ever lived in a time where they didn't need to have ID for booze.

People who think the 'no smoking' signs don't apply to vaping.

Being asked to make something that I'd like or recommend.

People not knowing what they want when they walk up to order.

People asking for 'a beer'.

Stupid questions in general.

People asking me to make their drinks strong.

People offering to tip me more if I treat them special.

Last edited:
If I had to name my top two, which there’s a lot, I think it would be lying over dumb things, and being unaccountable

When damn infants just stare at you with those stupid beady eyes, staring into your soul for 0 reason.

Bonus points for doing it when I’m eating, that pisses me off. I hate when ANYONE stares at me when I’m eating.

Passive-aggressiveness. I feel like so many people's lives would be easier if they could properly communicate what they want, need, like, or dislike, etc. Unless you’re endangering yourself by speaking your mind, there's usually no need to sulk or play coy trying to get the other party to decipher your intentions and resolve the problem.

Personally, I don’t like people who are rude to customer service or servers. It’s not okay to take out your anger on someone completely innocent. I don’t think anyone likes being yelled at or insulted for no reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back