thread no longer active

'New one you're looking up to' is basically revamped versions of old characters I found mediocre. Give them a dust and polish and they're good to go.

My favourites are a pair of sisters that are the Hydra and Chimera. They're very bondly and play each other off, with Hydra being the serious one and Chimera being a lot more playful and childish. I play them in an RP named Princess Cronus and I keep tryna revive the RP just so that I can play them.

Honourable mentions include Jumpcat, a talking cat in a superhero setting who got his powers when the fleas plaguing his body were integrated into his DNA after he got struck by lightning. And my newest - Bengdrim Loplep, a turtle plushie in a setting of dolls that has parallels to Hollow Knight.

I exclusively write original characters and rarely recycle them because I like to keep them close to the setting they're being used for.
Although I do happily re-use my stable as NPCs in the appropriate settings - I've had the same Nosferatu black marketeer popup in several Vampire: The Requiem RPs to sell the players something useful while attempting to to rob them.

Some of my favourites so far have been Wolkire, mentioned in another thread, a warrior from a proto-Norse clan who believed he was the chosen prophet of his death god, sent to cleanse the land of undeath; Zang, a Demon monk who has decided to take betrayal to an extreme by rejecting his nature and becoming an altruistic, non-violent hero figure; Johanna Fisk, a gunslinging exorcist in her 70s who can still outdraw younger shooters and stare down ghosts.

They seem interesting! Are Chimera and Hydra based on their respective mythological equivalents?

Yeah, they are. I depicted them as wanting to be normal girls who want a normal life but end up getting dragged into their father Typhon's search for the rightful king Cronus to restart the age of Titans and defeat the Olympians and all that jazz. I only recently actually thought of integrating Hydra's poisonous abilities being a hindrance in some form, with her needing to wear a facemask because even her breath is poisonous. Previously it was just her being conscious about kissing someone she likes. Also she uses arrows dipped in her own blood as weapons, a bit of a nod to what her old foe Heracles did. The cuts heal like nothing happened because regeneration.

Also at some point I made Chimera a technological genius.

And that's so imaginative! What superpowers does Jumpcat have?

Well, there's a lot of jumping, because flea DNA, and I slapped speed in at some point. And there's a degree of durability because the flea stuff gave him an exoskeleton. And enhanced strength because proportional strength of fleas. Also I had plans where he ultimately died and became a Bakeneko, in which he still has his flea powers and a lot of new ghostly/demonic powers.

My favorite RP character would probably be one from an old Naruto RP that I participated in years ago, on a site owned by viz media. Back then Naruto was still one of the most popular anime, and this was back before the anime or manga had ended. The character's name was Sayuri Seikatsu. Her character eventually became the Kage of the village I created specifically for the RP, known as The Village Hidden in the Oasis. Not gonna lie the RP had its issues and it eventually fell through, but a lot of people from those forums were really great people. In fact I'm still friends with some of them to this day. It was also where I met my boyfriend, who also had a character on that site. We began RPing together, and that's how we actually fell in love! lol

I have a variety of original characters. Should I mention all of them? Not sure so I will take about a few.

I started with my first character in 1992 with a name which was my own. The character was based on a variety of dreams I had and I began using that character for role playing, but I found out in hindsight that perhaps the character might have been overpowered. The core was a young man who was a king who was also a magic user. I couldn't decide on his abilities so I just added them in.

The most important character to me is a Japanese American werewolf I use for urban fantasy storylines where werewolves exist.

I love the classic Planet of the Apes series and watch a variety of Westerns. I combined the two to create an anthropomorphic gorilla that I previously used for a superhero RP where his garb was patterned after the man with no name in the Dollars trilogy.

Lastly, I have a minotaur character who prefers to play music and is a scribe compared to the warrior lifestyle that most in his clan lead.

I have a oc who would of guessed! But she's kinda unfinished but I'll give the current info on her. Silver: gender: female. Traits: has a mental disorders forest magic weak to fire (almost everything) can't fight. Her back story isn't done cuz it's kinda... Cringy xd

patches_oc_fb_01.png
I have way too many to count so I'll pick one at random.
Meet Vespa, a future super hero (art not drawn by me but commissioned by me)
A former human with the power to control bugs, she later metamorphosed into the current form she has today. She is a walking hive, an untold number of bugs underneath her exoskeleton, acting as her defense while she acts as their home
Despite this rather gross power, she is the most kind hearted and gentle of my characters, without a bad bone in her body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back