Other Tell me your story

I understand, but these days, our first responders, our military, everyone who does what they can for this country, they get ridiculed, they get called racist, or they get killed because of dumbasses being dumbasses, or society looks down on these people because they don't understand that y'all do what you can
Dude. MVP post over here. I really appreciate that.

Dude. MVP post over here. I really appreciate that.
I have a big military family, and First responders too, I understand what y'all do, thank ya. Ya changed so many lives. I wanna go in the army, like my dad, and I plan to come out with my ranger tab eventually, just like him, but I gotta get through my office job, and basic first, on top of that I gotta go 2 years without medication

Wow. I only have like one person in my family who did anything for the military .p. which is my grandma she worked medical field but then she left and started working at Rockefeller center as a security guard but 2 years ago her spine cracked due to the elevator falling to the basement and now she has sued the company and now she's retired. Which isn't good. Cuz she has ocd ;-;

I used to get severe dizzy spells when I was a child. They were so bad that I had to sit out P.E. most days. I never discovered a reason for why I got them so bad, I still get dizzy some times but not near as bad as when I was a child. I have multiple memories of the coach lining us up for a lap from one end of the gym to another and I'd get half way to the other side before the dizzy spell catches me off guard. For a moment, I have control of my body and then it's like I'm a puppet with my strings cut. Everything passes in slow motion as I'm propelled forwards, still running a few steps. I can't even feel my limbs, much less my legs; just a faint pressure. And then I slip and fall, unable to catch myself. Hell, I don't even feel the pain when I hit the ground. This happened off and on throughout my childhood, almost always when I was exerting my body in some way. My coach thought it was the pollen that made me dizzy, but I myself suspect that it's the heat that does.

My story begins long, long ago in a land far awa-yeah, okay. Sorry. I couldn't resist. Lol.

Funny story from my childhood is a classic case of "kids not knowing the rules of the game."

I was about 4 1/2 years old and on my first Under 5 soccer team. The ball rolled up to me and I turned and kicked it into the net. And wouldn't you know it?... It was my own goal. So I scored for the other team on accident. The coach said "kick it into the net." So that's what I did.

I got better as years went on. But yeah. Silly story of soccer time fun.

My story begins long, long ago in a land far awa-yeah, okay. Sorry. I couldn't resist. Lol.

Funny story from my childhood is a classic case of "kids not knowing the rules of the game."

I was about 4 1/2 years old and on my first Under 5 soccer team. The ball rolled up to me and I turned and kicked it into the net. And wouldn't you know it?... It was my own goal. So I scored for the other team on accident. The coach said "kick it into the net." So that's what I did.

I got better as years went on. But yeah. Silly story of soccer time fun.
Ooh I prefer soccer over most sports

this seems like a fun topic!

i have endless stories to tell, but i'll stick to mostly fun ones.

this one happened pretty recently, but i got into some fighting games to help with my slow reaction time + minor brain damage from when i was a not-so-smart teenager. i've been playing this game for less than a year (it'll be a year in December!) and i decided, "why not", and joined a tournament earlier this spring. i figured i'd probably get knocked out after the first round, but it was a good experience and i could meet some new friends while playing! nope. got to semi-finals and w/ very low tier characters at that! not many people understand this achievement and my family couldn't care less for that reason, but holy heck. i'm personally very proud of myself, but w/e.

I'd die within a few minutesโ˜ ๏ธ

Nice

I don't think I quite get the gist of how his works. But here's a story of mine:

My parents always pushed for me to go to college. But I was very hesitant to get into college after I graduated HS. I didn't want to get into debt. I went to the Airforce instead. Didn't work out. I left not long after graduating from basic training. Came back home, struggled for a few years with shitty jobs, had some really bad relationships. Hurt myself pretty bad on the job, off the job, and in a car crash. Struggled even more with finding work because of that. Had my cousin and some friends convince me to go to college. Big mistake. Just wound up in a LOT of debt and was not even able to work in my field. Went through more relationship bullshit then did a LOT of partying as a single gal. A lotta drinking, a lot of drugs, a lot of sleeping around. Eventually got into another bad relationship. When that went south, I moved to another state with a couple friends. Tried the college thing again. Dropped out. Moved back home. Did I mention I've defaulted twice on my loans?

Anyways. Struggled some more with work. Kept partying. Got pregnant. Hung up my party-girl shoes. Now I'm (usually) okay with my current relationship. Still have trouble with work. Still can't get disability for reasons of bureaucracy. And I've basically been unemployed for the last two years except for a couple of months where I got paid under the table for some temp work.

Moral of the Story: College isn't the golden promise everyone makes it out to be.

And if you work for a living, don't kill yourself working.

Last edited:
I-..I don't have...a response to any of that are you OK??
I don't think I quite get the gist of how his works. But here's a story of mine:

My parents always pushed for me to go to college. But I as hesitant after I graduated HS. I went to the Airforce instead. Didn't work out. I left not long after graduating from basic training. Came back home, struggled for a few years, had some really bad relationships. Hurt myself pretty bad on the job, off the job, and in a car crash. Struggled even more with finding work because of that. Had my cousin and some friends convince me to go to college. Big mistake. Just wound up in debt and not being able to work in my field. Went through more B/s and did a LOT of partying. More bad relationships. Moved to another state with a couple friends. Tried the college thing again Dropped out. Moved back home. Did I mention I've defaulted twice on my loans?

Anyways. Struggled with work. Struggled with relationships. Got pregnant. Hung up my party-girl shoes and am (usually) okay with my current relationship. Still have trouble with work. Still can't get disability for reasons of bureaucracy. And I've basically been unemployed for the last two years except for a couple of months where I got pain under the table for some temp work.

Moral of the Story: College isn't the golden promise everyone makes it out to be.

And if you work for a living, don't kill yourself working.

is that a yes?
It just means: That's life.
This isn't a new struggle. I'm pretty used to it by now. At 37 years old, there isn't a lot of help or advice that anyone can give me that I havent heard or tried already.

Fair. Everyone always says the same thing, but usually it never helps

Sad. Entertaining and a moral.

5 stars!

This story actually happened this morning!

So, I woke up, went on with my daily morning routine. Washed my face, brushed my teeth, ate breakfast, got dressed, did my makeup and styled my hair, y'know, the usual stuff.

My cat Pierre wakes up and starts cuddling up to me when I get to the couch. I pet him, he curls up by me, and I put something on TV (and for anyone who says I didn't feed the cat: yes I fed him I just didn't include that bit in my morning routine description).

I'm going to Hulu to watch the newest episode of Kimetsu No Yaiba/Demon Slayer Season 2, and Pierre growls. Jokingly, I say, "What, not feeling Hulu?" And I switch to Netflix. Pierre starts purring. I find this funny and I ask him what he wants to watch. Ironically enough? He starts meowing.

Pierre picked out a show, like he literally picked out a show, and watched 4 whole episodes with me. (He picked a show called Tiny Pretty Things I'm actually really intrigued by it, def reccomend it to you guys).

So yeah, Pierre now picks out what we watch in the living room. XDXDXD.

This story actually happened this morning!

So, I woke up, went on with my daily morning routine. Washed my face, brushed my teeth, ate breakfast, got dressed, did my makeup and styled my hair, y'know, the usual stuff.

My cat Pierre wakes up and starts cuddling up to me when I get to the couch. I pet him, he curls up by me, and I put something on TV (and for anyone who says I didn't feed the cat: yes I fed him I just didn't include that bit in my morning routine description).

I'm going to Hulu to watch the newest episode of Kimetsu No Yaiba/Demon Slayer Season 2, and Pierre growls. Jokingly, I say, "What, not feeling Hulu?" And I switch to Netflix. Pierre starts purring. I find this funny and I ask him what he wants to watch. Ironically enough? He starts meowing.

Pierre picked out a show, like he literally picked out a show, and watched 4 whole episodes with me. (He picked a show called Tiny Pretty Things I'm actually really intrigued by it, def reccomend it to you guys).

So yeah, Pierre now picks out what we watch in the living room. XDXDXD.
Lmaoo my cat always gets clingy when I fall asleep. Or if I'm Sitting down in bed. Once I'm in bed she thinks I'm going to sleep so whenever I wake up she'll either be curled around my head, on my stomach or in-between my arms. Lmao

ALDHDSKHHSKDHSKDJSKFHSKS AWWWW ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบ
Hold up lemme go find Pierre it finna be a cat party โœจโœจโœจโœจโœจ
โœจ
Mreeoww~ เธ…^โ€ข๏ปŒโ€ข^เธ…
(=^๏ฝฅ๏ฝช๏ฝฅ^=)
/แ ๏ฝก๊žˆ๏ฝกแŸ\
(^.๊“ƒ .^)๏พ‰

Users who are viewing this thread

Back