• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Tell Me the Tales of Old and Those of New

She frowned and kissed his palm, nodding, thanking them for the fresh bowl of water, cleaning away his sweat again. “I can help him.” She assured them all, watching them go and soon fell asleep in the chair.

Joseph stepped in to speak to George in the small council frowning. “I fear we made a grave mistake sending aemond to what we thought was a skirmish.” He told him. “And I believe I may have found a wife.” He told him.

The maesters gave her a weary but small nod and let her be for now.

George looked over at Joseph as he came in and frowned a bit "I agree, but we did not know at the time the size of the rebellion. I do not think they blame you, Your Grace." He said before raising an eyebrow to him "A wife you say? Surely you cannot mean the Wends girl?" He said in a bit of anger and shock.

“No he will. He insisted we scout it first and I told him no. It was my first failing as a king. As for Maxine yes. It would stop any rebellion from forming. We deal with it quickly and I marry her. Keeps her safe I have a wife I am familiar with and it warns the kingdom.” He told him. “I don’t seek your permission. I’m simply letting you know.”

George frowned deeper and shook his head some "I understand your thinking, but Lady Wends...she is not....well Your Grace, she is not a proper lady by any means. She is not fit to be queen." He said bluntly. He thought Max was nice sure, but she was not made to be a noble or royal woman by any means.

He frowned. “No. Currently she is less than desirable as a public Queen. Which is why once aemond is healing then I shall have Carmen teach her as well as another…. I have made my choice George. I loved her once as children though I didn’t know it then. This is my only offer. Or the line ends with me.”

George gave a heavy sigh but nodded a bit "Aws you wish Your Grace." He said before watching Joseph leave the room to go whatever it was he wanted to do.

Joseph made his way down to the infirmary and stepped inside, seeing the prince awake but no sign of his wife, frowning before a maester explained she’d been made to go lay down in a bed. “Leave us.” He told him, waiting til he was gone and took a seat near the bed, “How are you feeling?” He asked, hearing vhagar let out another loud roar, smiling some. “Damned beast won’t shut up.” He chuckled.

Aemond looked over at Joseph groaning softly. He gave a soft chuckle at Vhagar and nodded some "She wants me safe.." he whispered before taking a shaky breath "I feel as though...my chest is on fire." He explained before closing his eyes tightly "I am sorry...that no one else...survived...Your Grace.."

He frowned and watched him. “20 men against 500? I wouldn’t like those odds either. Even with a dragon… you must rest… keep your strength up. I don’t want to hear it from your wife if you do not survive.” He told him.

Aemond gave a heavy sigh and nodded "I will do my best." He whispered before closing his eyes starting to fade "I am sorry Your Grace, but I am....starting to fall asleep.." he admits before passing out from his lack of energy

He nodded and stood, leaving the room and heading back to his for a short while to finish some work then finally headed out to find Maxine.

Max looked over at Lily as she came in giving a soft smile "Hello Lily." She said softly standing up some when she said that Joseph had requested to see her in the gardens. She gave a small nod and followed her out there giving a soft smile seeing him standing out there in a more 'casual' attire.

He smiled at her a little and gestures for her to follow him. “I trust your rooms are comfortable.” He told her smiling

Carmen finally made it back to see aemond once she felt she’d rested enough and frowned seeing him in pain while they changed the dressing.

Max asked Lily to please stay back while she followed Joseph. She gave a small nod and looked at the ground trying to advert her eyes from his "Yes Your Grace, they're very comfortable. Thank you for letting me stay in them." She said quietly

The Maester's were busy dressing his wound again and trying to clean it the best they could. One saw Carmen and frowned a bit "Princess, he may be getting an infection. We are doing what we can to counter act it." He explained

He nodded and looked back at her again. “I have a proposition for you.” He told her. “A marriage proposal.” He smiled.

Carmen frowned and sat near him on his good side, taking his hand, “why would it be getting infected? Why is it not being kept clean enough?” She questioned sharply

Max stopped dead in her tracks when he said marriage proposal. She looked at him a bit scared as he turned to look at her and shook her head softly "Your Grace....I....I cannot marry you." She said barely above a whisper

The maester gave a heavy sigh and shook his head a bit "Princess, we have done everything we can to keep it clean. Unfortunately, these things will sometimes happen. We are doing everything we can to keep it clean."

He frowned and shook his head. “Why not?” He asked her, making her look at him.

Carmen frowned and just squeezed his hand, seeing in his face how much it was hurting until finally they had all left and she was sat alone with him, kissing his forehead. “You would be proud of me you know…. I got vhagar calmed down all by myself so we could get you down and help you.” She murmured.

Max took a shaky breath as tears lined her eyes when looking at him "Because I am not the woman you need. I am not a proper lady, no matter how hard I try. No matter how many people you ask to train me, I am just not a woman fit for any kind of royalty. I treat everyone as equal, even though no one sees it as such. I do not hold my tongue most of the time, and I have far too many opinions for a woman to have." She explained crying softly now "I'm sorry Josep- Your Grace...buf I am not worthy of being a queen. You need a proper lady, not me."

Aemond gave her a very faint hand squeeze and smile as she told him about Vhagar "I am...proud." he whispered before wheezing a bit.

She frowned watching him. “Tell me how to fix it. Tell me what you need me to do please…. I can’t lose you my love.” She told him quietly.

He chuckled and shook his head. “You haven’t had me teach you yet…. Plus. Either I marry you or the people and my council demand your execution for acts of treason.” He pointed out.

Max frowned deeply as she watched him taking a shaky breath "And what if I still cannot be the woman you want?" She whispered to him

Aemond watched her some and shook his head "Westeros....medicine....may help.." he whispered before groaning some "Not much else...you...you can...do."

She frowned and watched him confused. “Why would it be better?” She asked him quietly, wiping at her eyes as she noticed him swearing again, feeling his forehead to feel he was burning up now, ringing the bell for the maester just feeling like she was trying to swim against the current for him to make it.

He shrugged. “Then we will cross that bridge when we come to it.” He told her quietly. “This is what you wanted when we were children.” He reminded her.

Max watched him a bit before she sook her head gently "Maybe so, but....why me Your Grace? Is it only for politics?" She asked wanting to know if he actually cared or was only thinking of how it would stop the rebellion.

The maester came in after hearing the bell and sighed heavily looking him over "Our head Maester is looking into other medicines to help him." He explained quietly to her.

He frowned and watched her. “You think me completely uncaring? I want familiarity in my marriage. And I want someone I trust. I know you do not want this. I am not concerned about you killing me in my sleep to usurp me.” He pointed out.

She frowned and nodded. “I need more water to help him wash. He is covered in ash and grime. He will not clear this infection if it stays that way.” She pointed out.

Max took a shaky breath and gave a small nod "I guess we shall be wed then Your Grace." She said quietly before giving a small sigh as she watched him some "I would presume it would be sooner rather than later?"

The maester nodded and left them for a moment before returning with two fresh bowls of water and towels for her "Here you are Princess."

He nodded and smiled at her. “There will be preparations made. Tomorrow I shall have lily take you down to the seamstress.” He told her.

She nodded and thanked him quietly, frowning has she helped him to sit up a little so she could get him clean, “love, whar will the westerosi medicine do that the things here won’t?” She asked wanting to make sure he had the bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back