Experiences Tell me about your roleplays! (RP questionnaire)

Daisie

Strangely regular (better than the usual bizarre!)
Roleplay Type(s)
Whether it be in the past or ongoing! ;)

Hiya! I'm here to listen to all your lovely RP experiences. ^^ I'll even provide you a list of questions you can answer about your RPs if you so please. If not, no stresses, just give us a good rundown!

When did you start your RP?
Who is your favourite character of your own making?
Who is your favourite character that isn't your own?
Where is your RP set?
Who/what is the antagonist?
What is driving the characters forward?
What is the cutest/happiest/most heart warming moment?
What is the saddest, most heart wrenching moment?
What is the most dramatic moment, with the most suspense?
What is your personal favourite moment?
What has been the biggest obstacle to overcome?
What would be your dream ending for all your characters?

Epic. :) I'll get started on my own RP stories!

Rara Avis is a 1x1 RP I'm not currently working on. We both decided to drop it peacefully since it had been going for an extremely long time, and there was no end in sight. Things had become very convoluted, and it was just better for the both of us to take a break and do something different. Out of our comfort zone. Thus, "Ava" was born.

Honestly, I think Rara Avis started when my partner and I very first met. Back in 2016, when I first joined RpN, my wee self was too afraid to get super involved in a formal roleplay, so the two of us ended up roleplaying on each others' profiles alongside a ragtag team of friends. Eventually the two of us took it to Skype and turned it into a more official RP which has basically been going ever since. Well, that is until we decided to drop it early in 2019. Not to fear, though! Once our current RP "Ava" is finished up, we are highly considering doing a reboot of our dear Rara Avis. Complete with fleshed-out worldbuilding and a good knowledge of what we want our characters to be. Hindsight is 20/20, lol.

Honestly, my favourite character from Rara is my favourite character of all time: Malice. A malicious (surprise) demon from the very bottom levels of Hell, you betcha he's going to be insidious, manipulative, and an absolute cockroach. Within just a few days, he'll have devised a way to turn an entire group of friends or family against each other. He will damage you. He'll do it for fun sometimes, but boy, if he has a reason to seek revenge on you... He won't hesitate to sink the entire ship just to kill the captain. I like him the most because he's a genuinely frightening character. I always say that I love a RP when it makes me feel something IRL, and this man was the trigger for more than one panic attack. Not fun... But also very fun.

That is a close one! My partner has a wonderful variety of such bright characters, honestly. If I had to choose, it'd have to be Bucko and Kiddo. I say both Bucko and Kiddo because honestly, you can't have one without the other. Bucko and Kiddo were two characters who I'm pretty sure were supposed to be redshirt characters that were doomed to eventually die. However, after their personalities started to really appeal to us, we decided to keep them going. Bucko is a middle-aged, British-accented man who comes from a tyrannical, inter-dimensional organization called MUDWC. He has absolutely no self-awareness and is the most socially incompetent person you'll ever meet. Still though, he means well, and he's not actually aware that the work he's doing is wrong. And then Kiddo is a younger teen who works alongside Bucko at MUDWC as an apprentice. He's more socially savvy, somewhat doubts the ethics of what he's doing for his job, and is constantly waging a way against his arch nemesis: Cooties. He couldn't touch a woman to save his life.

The two were originally nameless, but in an frustrated state, my character awarded them the names "Bucko" and "Kiddo"... alongside many death threats.

Where is your RP set?
Rara takes place in a LOT of settings, it just depends on the day! For the most part, though, it takes place in my main's mansion in the fifth layer of Hell. They get up to quite a bit of shenanigans in there, having the magical freedoms to basically do anything they want to.

There have been quite a few antagonists! The two main ones being the two I've already mentioned: Malice and MUDWC. There have been a variety of others though, including a hacker demon who is the glowing definition of an incel, a soulless version of my main character, or the literal embodiment of hatred.

Honestly? Just the need for survival, and trying to stick together against all the villains and tragedies always getting thrown at them. They're not exactly working towards an overarching goal, which may have been one of the problems with that RP, but the drive to keep everyone alive and mentally sound (Spoiler alert, they failed miserably) was their biggest driving force.

Ohh boy, there's a lot to unpack! The one that comes out first to me is... Malice being forced to "play nice" with a small child. We used a lot of comic relief then to ease the tension, but surprisingly, it ended up turning into something quite wholesome. Heaven forbid Malice let go of his pride, so they spent a lot of time having random contests and getting into hijinks around the house together. As awful as Malice is, maybe there is a glimmer of a good person in side of him... Even if he'd only ever show that glimmer to a child that mimics his every behaviour.

That's a toughie. Honestly, with how much drama was in the RP, I think there were too many to count, lol. I'd really have to think about that long and hard - it's been awhile since we've actually RPed Rara, and after a little bit, all of it starts to mix together. Especially with how many offshoots and resets we had of that universe.

The first one that comes to mind is when my main character had been captured by MUDWC, undergoing torture to extract information. Quite tense. Eventually, however, she reached her breaking point and entered into a "soulless" mode. At that point, the torture did literally nothing, and the tables turned quite quickly from there.

Another extremely good one is a moment when Malice, of course, took my partner's main character to his corner of Hell, where he literally broke her into what was essentially mind-control. Disturbing stuff, but fun nonetheless.

Again, it's really hard to say for sure!! In 3-ish years of RP, there are just so many moments to think about, and again, they start to mesh together at some point.

In RP? Malice, probably ;v; Our poor characters have been just pulled apart by the seams by this unrelenting dude. Out of character? Probably... keeping track of it all. 3 years is a long time, and in that period there were several times where we just said "Screw it! I'm making this an alternate timeline, and we're resetting back to such-and-such point". That made actually navigating the RP very tedious, and towards the end it personally frustrated me a lot. Now that it's been quite a while since we've RPed Rara Avis, though, I think a full-on reboot would be awesome. Fresh eyes, new opportunities to chuck out all the bad and work on the good.

Honestly? I'd love for them to just finally be happy, lol. They've been through a tremendous amount of trauma, I'd love to have my main character be happily ever after with her best friend, and I'd love for all the baddies to be put away. While I do love me some bittersweet, or even ambiguous endings, I think a happy one would be well-earned.

Ava is an interesting RP that replaced Rara Avis when things started to get too convoluted. A whole new cast of characters, a whole new setting, and almost new villains. ;)

Coming up on our 1-year anniversary now, we started it on the 27th of last year! We've been going fairly strong since.

Funnily enough, we dumped Malice (see also: Rara Avis) into this RP, as well. Not the most creative thing, sure, but it was still way worth it. Nonetheless, choosing Malice again would feel cheat-y, so I'll stick with the originals.

My favourite is probably Reavis. She's an alien who is very, very, very far away from home. She comes off as very cold and uncaring at first, but in reality, she's just like anyone else. She has some major anger issues, and I'll be the first to admit that she can be extremely abusive. A couple times, she's gone into a straight-up blackout fit of rage... She's, by no means, a perfect character. Despite that, she does genuinely care about the other characters, and would absolutely give her life to save any one of them.

That would probably have to be Stan, lolol. Boy, is this guy something. He's an outright jerkwad whose motivations are absolutely crystal clear: Booze, drugs, and women. Sometimes actually staying alive falls second in the priority list as he can be just that big of an idiot. Despite his standoffish nature and abusive behaviour that rivals Reavis's, again, somewhere deep down, he cares as well. Unlike Reavis, however, he'd never admit that... At least, not yet. Slowly, over the course of the RP, he's had to learn some hard life lessons about lightening up and working together. And he.. may or may not have a thing for the hot-headed alien chick keeping them all alive.

Where is your RP set?
The RP is actually named "Ava" for a reason, believe it or not! Ava is the name of the inter-universal ship they're all trapped aboard. Exceptionally far away from home, the crew jumps from universe to universe, hopping down, grabbing supplies, and leaving again before these "killer wisps" can catch up to them. Ava's sensors can't quite tell what these lights are, so no one knows what they're made of or why they're chasing Ava and her crew, but what is for certain is that they're ruthless, giving all the victims they even touch haunting deaths... The chase goes on.

The overarching antagonists so far have been the lights just mentioned, but we've had a couple "mini-bosses", so to speak. Since our crew is travelling universes, this gives a huge opportunity for crossovers to happen. So of course, why not bring Malice back? Malice was a big pain for a very long time, possessing Stan for the majority of his presence. Like he did in Rara Avis, he then proceeded to cause immense tension in the group... And when they finally managed to get rid of him, his effects still lingered. They still do.

Seems like the common denominator between RPs at this point, but survival! That and the desire to finally get home. They've been stuck aboard Ava for so long now, they'd like nothing more than to get back to their home universe and planet... They've come teasingly close, too, but no bueno.

There have been quite a few cute moments! Let me set the scene for you... Our characters managed to get down to an alternate version of Earth, and enjoyed their stay greatly... Unfortunately, however, they had to leave again to avoid bringing the lights down upon this alternate Earth. "Nate" is a logical sort of fellow, and "Lucia" is a dainty lady who lived in a very high-class environment all her life. The one thing that seems to bring her joy throughout their entire journey is flowers, since they remind her of her gardens at home... So since Nate's got a thing for Lucia, before they left Earth, he picked up a bundle of flowers. Not just any flowers, though... Very cheap plastic ones. Ones that'll survive aboard Ava, and last an eternity. Both logical and thoughtful :)

Oof, that one's probably going on right now! Things are getting dark... There are a couple of children aboard Ava. Unfortunately... The final hurrah of Malice, before he died, was to kamikazee with the two sisters into the deadly lights. The two are in the process of dying at the moment, and it's painstaking. Everyone's scurrying to find a way to fix it, but to no avail... We'll be sure to give them a proper burial. They may just be fictional characters, but they're near and dear to both our hearts. We want to treat their deaths with dignity. RIP Samra and Vivi.

Ava is an action-packed roleplay to begin with, it's hard to choose again. Our characters have had too many near-death experiences to count. Though, as I said, the kids dying is a pretty edge-of-your-seat type of thing.

Agh, again, there's too many! Near-deaths, heartbreaking goodbyes... There's a running gag about a pink leopard plushie that Reavis owns for some reason. There's the Nate x Lucia love interest, which is somewhat of a love triangle because Stan is basically out for every thing remotely female. Though Lucia has absolutely no interest in Stan whatsoever... So it's more of a love line segment with one very ambitious point.

Probably Malice, lolol. He's the only real villain that has stuck with them like a fly you just can't get rid of. Outside of the in-character interactions, though, probably the lull moments. We've had a bit of difficulty with awkward moments where one player is telling a story whilst the other one just sorta... listens. So we're currently trying to brainstorm ways to get rid of that problem. :) My partner's quite a lovely person, communication with her is free-flowing and easy. No stress of accidentally offending someone, lol, which is often a stressor with newer partners. We've always got a QTIP on us: "Quit Taking it Personally!"

I'd be down for a more bittersweet ending, honestly! Sort of a "We've sacrificed everything to get here, but we finally made it home". I definitely would like to have them all get back to Earth, but they're going to have to give a lot to get there.

Rite of the Embers is a more recent RP, currently put on hold for mental health reasons. However, I plan to throw myself back in the game pretty soon, here. It really is a lovely RP with an equally lovely person, so I'd be really ashamed to let it slip.

It's a slightly more recent one, definitely, having been started around June 2019.

Since both of us only play one character each, I'd have to go with Nillim. The snarky dragon who is way racist towards humans, is mostly self-serving, a little paranoid, and... Well, she'd never make "friends" with that human dude she met. Never. Not in a million years. Her saving him 20 times in one day has absolutely nothing to do with being his friend. Nope.

Again, as it's a 1x1 and he only has 1 character to play at the moment, so it'd have to be that one. Samuel! Hardy but good-intentioned guy, he's a guard who is usually the victim to Nillim's antics. Nillim's the brawns, but Samuel's got the brains. Together they make quite an entertaining duo, as he's more than happy to reciprocate Nillim's snark.

Where is your RP set?
Some generic medieval fantasy world. :P Despite that, though, we've worked up quite the lore. Humans and dragons had been warring for years and years... Until one day, all traces of dragonkind suddenly ceased. Unbeknownst to the humans, the dragons had abruptly gone into a deep hibernation for reasons unknown... And they remained that way for a full century, bringing peace to the humans - to the point where it was a great debate as to whether the great beasts had existed in the first place. Of course... the century is done. Dragons have come back, and they're more pissed than ever. Turns out that as the dragons have rose, so have terrible calamities. Tornadoes out of nowhere, blizzards lasting days or weeks, hot and dry summers, earthquakes, gargantuan avalanches, the world has descended into absolute chaos.

While the humans are blaming the dragons for this, Samuel soon figured out that the dragons are blaming the humans for it. Both seek to destroy one another... But what's really causing it, then?

Currently, the antagonist seems to be a giant, shadowy, unknown dragon descending upon the town of Hearthwood. They only discovered it a few posts ago, so they still have no clue what it is or what it wants... The one thing our characters do know, however, is that it's dangerous and ill-intentioned.

For the moment? Survival. Though I suspect that saving the world will soon be a good drive to keep them going. Things are going to escalate quite quickly.

I'm personally quite content with the beginning of the RP! It started off with Samuel wandering through the snowy woods, cold and nearly dying. Cue my dragon character, also wandering through the woods, also cold and dying. The two, of course, first saw each other as lethal threats, but through some stroke of fate, they managed to work together, building a fire to curl themselves around. The moment when Nillim wrapped her wings around the fire like a tent, keeping them safe from the harsh winds, was a very sweet and tender moment.

We've not had too many of those yet! But I'm guessing... Probably when Nillim took Samuel to her home for shelter, only for it to be subsequently buried by a poorly-timed avalanche. In that moment though, she made it her mission to get Samuel back to safety, filled with a newfound determination. Even if she couldn't have a home, she was gonna make darn well sure he was gonna get to his. So in this RP, even the downtrodden moments have a happy twist to them. It's definitely more upbeat than Rara or Ava.

Seems to be right now, at the moment! While there have been quite a few hijinks with these two already, the gargantuan shadow dragon descending upon an entire town might just take the cake. Though, they also had a close call fighting off a crazy bear. Oh, and also coming across a travelling merchant who thought Samuel was absolutely out of his coconut to be putting any amount of trust into a dragon.

It probably has to either be the beginning scene, or the tough job of describing Nillim's nest. It was interesting trying to come up with words for the environment - something I readily admit that I'm not good at. Though Rite of the Embers has been pretty short thus far, it's been an epic one.

I think, for our characters, the biggest obstacle between them is the prejudice. Dragons and humans have despised each other for such a long time... hatred like that doesn't just go away overnight. It's fun to see how they can manage to work together despite their differences, slowly grow to trust one another, and also have their entire worlds turned upside-down as they realize that the other species isn't the problem.

Again, I think I'd really love a happy ending. Nillim could dwell in some sort of dragon barn, Samuel could have daily adventures with her, and humans and dragons could be brought just a tad closer, bridging the gap between worlds. Kind of like a "How to Train Your Dragon" type deal. :)

Project Anarchy was a brief, experimental Quest RP I ran where every action that a player suggested would come to fruition in some way or another. The effectiveness of each action was then decided by a D6 roll, and... hilarity ensued. It was short-lived as I had to close it down due to me being personally overloaded irl, but I really got good feedback out of it and would love to start it back up again sometime in the future. Project Anarchy was, at its heart, an experiment... One that went astoundingly well, with some minor tweaks.

Project Anarchy started up very quick after the interest check, October of 2019. It gained interest quicker than I could've imagined, and hit the ground running.

I would normally say the main character, Sue, but quite frankly... I'm not the one who made her. Everyone pitched in to make her, I just wrote it all down in story form. So, with that being said, I'd have to go with my other character, Wren, who is equally as charming of a character. He's a bit on the shy side, which definitely meshes interestingly with Sue's... bracing personality. He's a green-clothed wizard who has lived in a treehouse in the middle of the woods ever since his village banished him for using magic. Nonetheless, he keeps an upbeat attitude and has a strong moral code of helping anyone who's in need.

The other character, I suppose? ;P The RP never did last long enough to have many more character introductions. Sue Donim (Named unanimously by my players) is a vibrant young lady that, because of the criss-crossing actions that my players fed to her, ended up being quite ditsy, clueless, and energetic. She for sure made decisions that she later regretted. Many injuries have been had.

Where is your RP set?
We hadn't gotten to establish that a whole lot! Sue Donim woke up with no memory in the middle of the woods, allowing for the utmost freedom for my players. No past, no civilization, I didn't even start out with a gender. All things in Project Anarchy are either spur-of-the-moment or decided by the players. I didn't know if someone was gonna say "Walk towards the skyscraper in the distance" or "try not to get abducted by aliens" or something crazy like that that would make me throw out everything I'd already had. However, I eventually had the guts to establish that it's a somewhat magical world in another Generic Medieval Setting™. Then again, that could always change with a crazy player's concept and a good roll of the dice.

We never got to really know one! Though Sue did carry around a small black orb in her pocket that whispered to her now and again, sometimes in her dreams. No one really knew what it was for sure... I admit, not even I knew. It was all up in the air.

In this situation, I think it was the curiosity. Sue Donim woke up in the middle of the woods with no memory of her previous life, so I imagine her motivator is to find out who she once was. Wren was just abiding by his moral code and giving the gal a helping hand, though I'd be lying if I said he wasn't the slightest bit curious, as well.

Hard to specify! The RP didn't have the chance to last too terribly long, but there was one moment I sort of liked that could fit that description. I did enjoy Wren's careful, cautious interactions towards Sue. Despite her nearly wrecking his home, it was clear he still wanted to help her. He managed to calm her down after a traumatic hallucinogenic trip (Yeah, remember when I said "making decisions that she'd later regret"? She ate some mushrooms off the forest floor), tucked her into his bed, and let her get just a wee bit of sleep. He even provided enchanted creams for the various injuries she'd gathered up.

Project Anarchy was, more than anything, a comedy. It did have the potential to become something more, but because it had to be cut off, it never did, so I can't name any sorrowful/emotional moments.

Again, not a lot of moments to behold, but... I suppose the most surprising thing was when Sue took a dive into the "Lake of Life" to escape a swarm of angry bees, only to find that the hallucinogenic mushrooms she'd stuffed in her pockets were expanding to the size of small huts and coming to life. And then again when Sue started fleeing the giant mushroom people, subsequently running into Wren.

It's gotta either go to the giant mushroom moment or one of the moments involving Wren! I really, really enjoyed playing Wren. His personality was fun to flesh out.

Hmm.. Well, the angry killer bees were pretty hard to get rid of! Besides that, it was actually incredibly hard to write the whole darn thing. One of my players told Sue to just breathe and proceeded to roll either a 2 or a 1. What on Earth am I supposed to do with that? Taking what the players gave me and doing something with it was sometimes a great challenge.

What would be your dream ending for all your characters?[/B]
Pfft, heck if I know! I never really thought about the ending! That would be up for my players to decide ;)

Pokemon: Rise of Shadows was my very first serious RP experience on RpN. It was back in 2016, so I was still my shy self back then, and I wasn't very confident about what little RPs I did join. It took some convincing, but I did eventually give this little group RP a try, and I'm really glad I did. It helped lay the groundwork for my future RP experiences by introducing me into the world of fictional romance, which I'd previously sworn off for my own reasons.

The RP itself started in July 2016, but I didn't join until August. At some point or another, I did leave because things were getting rather hectic in real life. I gave my character a good death (Well, the best that smol-er me could pull off, which isn't saying much!) and left the RP for what I thought was for good. As it would turn out, I eventually joined back in again as a new character, and that's when things started to really get rolling.

I had two characters in this RP, but my favourite one is definitely the one that came later, Arcanus the Hypno. He was sort of a wise fellow (Or... at least my best version of a wise fellow at the time) and started out pretty quiet. I originally wanted to base him off of the "silent and mysterious" character type, but that didn't quite pan out the way I intended. That's not to say I'm unhappy with the way it did pan out, but his character in the late game was certainly NOT what I would have thought he'd turn out like!

Pfft, I'll admit that I'm totally, entirely biased when I say it was definitely April the Pidgeotto (And later on, Pidgeot). As I said, before Pokemon: Rise of Shadows, I basically didn't do any romance whatsoever. April was the Pokemon that Arcanus eventually fell for, and vice versa. It was a bit bumpy at first, especially for me since it was something I was so unfamiliar with, but I totally adored it. It was something I didn't actually see coming, but decided "Hey, why not?" and went for it anyway. I used to have this big issue with things like... "Argh, romance is wrong, I'll never do it!" or "I don't do girly things, I'm not that kinda person!" I had strong opinions on pretty much anything, and those opinions weren't always fair. So when I finally decided to give it a try with my very first ship, it really opened my eyes to all the things I'd never felt comfortable trying because I was just so darn stubborn. It opened a lot of doors for me.

Needless rambling aside, April was an interesting character. A lot like Stan in "Ava", she was cold, uncaring, and a bully at first. She didn't exactly have a picture-perfect childhood, so as she grew up, she began to despise the idea of getting attached to anything or anyone. Over time, however, thanks to Arcanus's help, she gradually started her path of healing. Of course, she still kept that top-notch sass and playful teasing, but over the course of the RP she really started to lighten up. And if there's one thing I love, it's redemption arcs!

Where is your RP set?
The RP was actually set all across the world as our ragtag team of survivors traveled far and wide across an apocalyptic setting, desperately trying to save it! The world's last hope! It may have been just a tad cliche, but the setting was versatile and a joy. :)

The villain of this story was called the Shade! A cosmic entity that took over a good portion of the world within a matter of days. He'd infect Pokemon, turning them into "shadows". Mindless slaves for his own use - his own personal hivemind. That's about the extent of my knowledge about him, as I was quite busy in real life when the RP was active... My memory of it as a whole is rather fuzzy.

The drive to save the world and, for heaven's sake, stay alive! ^_^

There were quite a few of those. Again, though, I'm incredibly biased towards the shipping moments: The cute moments where Arcanus and April had real strides in their relationship. Heck, they had their first kiss on Valentine's Day! Doesn't get much more perfect than that.

Oooo, a lot of those, too. Most of the characters in the RP went through some sort of tragedy - the GM's main character in particular, being experimented on in a lab for ages. I think the most moving moment for me, however, was when a beloved character in the RP died. Amber acted as a sort of motherly figure for April most of her life, so naturally settled into the role of being the "mother" for the entire group, as well. When she died - and in a rather disturbing way, might I add - it really shook just about everyone. April in particular, of course... But the effects of her death were spread across the entire cast, and remained as such for as long as the RP lasted.

Hm...! Well, there were a few darker moments regarding mental health with April. Self-loathing and deep consideration of suicide... Again, I do love me some dark RP. There was also when another character was locked in deep and harsh battle, the result of which being permanent blindness... There was also a time where my own character, Arcanus, got turned into a shadow against his will, only surviving the experience by a hair. Of course... that had some rather ugly long-lasting effects, including PTSD and a whole lotta existential crisis from my dude. There's a whole lot of suspense and trauma to throw around, here.

Auuugh, too many to pick from, again! It'd probably have to be Arcanus and April's first kiss though. Either that or the death of Amber, both of which had my mind racing about it outside of the RP, which is always a good sign.

Characters in the RP went through a substantial amount of trauma in their time! lol, basically the hardest part of the RP for our characters was all of it. Though another notable thing... Turns out I got diagnosed with cancer in the middle of it. So that was really the biggest obstacle to me, above all else, as I spent a good chunk of a year getting regular chemo treatments. Finding the time and energy to RP was hard, and it also completely shot a lot of my memory, so actually remembering what was going on was a big obstacle, too. Probably why I only really recall the most notable bits!

Ahh, honestly the headcanon ending for me is that everyone ends up saving the world and living a happily-ever-after life, however bittersweet it may be with them having lost so many people along the way. Everyone could retire from their world-saving adventures and go on to live whatever life they so choose. Maybe they could get together for a Christmas party once a year or somethin'. ;)

So those are the five roleplays that I'd say have had the biggest impact on my life. There have been tons and tons of RPs in between, but none of them have quite affected me as starkly as those ones have. I hope you enjoy the read, and if it's a TLDR situation, then just skip right on ahead and tell me your best experiences!! I'm excited to hear!

Have a wondrous day!

Last edited:
Oh I've had many, but I'll just offer one since it's the one that sticks with me the most (and it's finished).

Unfortunately the website it began on closed, so I just know it was sometime before August 2015.

Seren Vesper - my main, haha.
Not a main - I really loved Karna, the snarky carriage driver who got in way deeper than he ever wanted to get.

Vastien Ba’al - my partner's main, an alcoholic demon.
A side he created? Jamison, an old occultist who helped the characters as they continued to confront the horrors of the world.

Where is your RP set?

Victorian London – a shameless rip-off of Black Butler.

Israfel the Archangel, and his cult, the Church of the Holy Spirit. Jean-Baptiste Chinal also deserves special mention as a rival who became a full villain, while appearing to work on the same side as Seren.

Revenge and a contract. The Church of the Holy Spirit sought open passages and create Heaven on Earth through sacrifices, and unfortunately they messed with the wrong person.

Vastien Ba’al forced to go to a Masquerade Ball in a Bunny Costume. This is huge, brute of a man, in a bunny costume. Oh and they're supposed to be hunting a vampire there. Not to mention him dancing with a werewolf in said costume. Seren was practically dying of laughter the entire time.

Ignoring the end – Seren Vesper encountering the zombie of her father. Of realizing how the other side was using her father's body, and going into a place similar to one she'd been kept in - it brought back ALL of her memories of the horror.

When Seren Vesper breaks her contract with Vastien in order to trick Lucifer and aid in putting an end to Lucifer once and for all – and Vastien has the opportunity to take Seren’s soul then and there, not allowing Seren her revenge.

Vastien’s humanity awakening, and notably being shown when he comforts Seren through her reaction to a simple doctor’s examination.

The RP started out as a group RP, but due to people falling out, it became a 1x1. Managing the loose threads after that were a bit difficult.

Seren Vesper got her revenge. Vastien Ba’al could lay claim to her soul, but he offered the alternative of releasing his claim, even though it would have been painful. Seren denied this and demanded an end to her life – and he did this, but he didn’t devour her soul. He kept it with him, in a keepsake, preserved and safe. My partner and I have humored playing with this story in the future, a reincarnation story, in case something ever happened to the keepsake.

This looks like fun. =) I’ll stick to naming just one for now~
5/12/18 was the start date, but my best friend/Canadian sister from another mister and I have been role playing for almost a decade now. =D

The Nobody ‘Sirix’ that I controlled. She was the first human Nobody created right before the start of the Great Keyblade War. Her Somebody’s heart was removed while protecting Noriko, her toddler, from their assailant. (She managed to get her daughter to safety by throwing her into the Lanes Between before the final strike.)

‘Mama Mori’ - Jinx’s over-protective Komori Bat. It’s technically still a Nightmare, but like Jinx, she marches to the beat of her own drum. She is the MVP of the story that has always been by Jinx’s side - no matter her sometimes questionable life choices. A very affectionate Dream Eater, she likes to hug the main cast. Unfortunately, she hugs their faces and that makes it a little hard for people to breathe.

Seto’s Komori Bat has begun to court Mori, but is not exactly the brightest of creatures. (A big, fluffy yellow doofus that is easily distracted by food.)

Where is your RP set?
In the Kingdom Hearts universe, but with Domino City becoming one of the many worlds that the cast visits. Most worlds were places found in the game series, but others we threw in there because it was too tempting to resist.

Master Xehanort and Organization XIII

The main driving force is restoring Domino City and the other worlds destroyed by the Heartless, which then morphs into stopping Xehanort to protect their revived home world. The trio from Domino (Seto, Yugi, and Serenity) have to learn how to wield keyblades from ‘Master Sirix’ and the not-quite-Nobody Jinx (who later is recognized as a Master herself). Jinx was forcefully brought over to the ‘good side’ after being beaten, and then spared by Sirix. The two have a rocky relationship, but they both want the same thing - the end of Xehanort and Organization XIII’s evil.

Additionally, Sirix is still searching for her daughter or news of her - even though its been hundreds of years.
Jinx has been looking for her real memories after having them manipulated by Xemnas...and others.

There’s a few gut-punches in there. (My friend thinks I have issues.)

A count down to the most heart-wrenching moment (From my point of view.)
5. Domino City being destroyed by Heartless, with only Yugi, Seto, and Serenity (and secretly Mokuba) surviving the destruction.
4. When the cast learns what has kept Sirix alive for so long - her quest to find her lost child.
3. Noriko hearing Sirix at the gates of Ansem’s castle, begging for help in finding her lost child..and not realizing that was her mother’s Nobody looking for her. (And ‘Sirix’ breaking down outside of the gates because she thought she was close to finding her child.)
2. The moment ‘Sirix’ reveals that the person who attacked Noriko and herself and turned her into a Nobody...was her husband and Noriko’s father.
1. When ‘Sirix’ allows herself to be destroyed by a brain-washed Mokuba, who was being controlled by Maleficent. Due to her ancient age, she was already living on borrowed time and instead of letting the crew see her crumble - she chose this to snap Mokuba back to reality and save him from Maleficent’s dark influence.

When Xehanort reveals the ‘truth’ to Jinx.
That Ansem was never her father and had conducted many experiments on her heart, until Heartless overwhelmed the world and she got away.
That Jinx’s memories were altered so that she didn’t remember the testing that split her pure heart into two halves.
One half became Kisara - the girl with the Blue Eyes White Dragon spirit within her.
Gabrielle/Jinx became the other half and was in the Organization - touted as a Nobody, when she really wasn’t.
But he took special delight in saying her original heart & name was Noriko - ‘Sirix’s’ lost child - right after ‘Sirix’ was destroyed.
And like all villains, laughed at the cruel irony. Sirix was always leaving Jinx behind to look for her lost daughter...and Jinx was always chasing after her because she wanted to be seen as a daughter to Sirix..
When Sirix’s Somebody and Jinx begin to work through all their issues to reunite as a mother and daughter.

Finding enough time in our busy schedules to write for this story? Sometimes writer’s block too. Oh! And my lack ability when it comes to writing out compelling arguments between characters. XD (Arguments make me criiiinnnggeee.)

Um...that they all survive Act III of this story?

Oooo— I gotta do my first D&D campaign

Spring 2018
I only ever had the one. Her name was Eilvyre and she was a dryder— she was also a paladin, following the Oath of Devotion. She had seven personality traits: the tenants of her oath— honor, honesty, courage, compassion, and duty, and then dumbass and lesbian. She had spent her entire life working to be seen as something other than just a monster, and was determined to do so through sheer kindness, gentleness, and being the diplomat of the party.
Our goblin ranger, Kigz. The player is... one of the most incredible RPers I’ve ever met. Every single character he writes is imbued with this surrealist l, chaotic, flavor that’s just... so fun. Kigz, at the start of the adventure, was under the employ of another PC, a mutineed pirate captain named Irazoh (half elf fighter). We learned that Kigz had given Irazoh a, like, 3 page resume that was entirely bullshit. And then the player actually MADE IT. He took an 8.5x11 sheet of paper, tore it into four, tea stained it, stitched the papers back together so it looks like a goblin might have done it, and then hand wrote out a resume. Every inch of the paper, front and back, was covered in lies. Notable lies include: “I’m a fletcher, I can make the arrows I put in people.” That he had diplomas and certifications from at least six universities of note “hidden in a place where they can be safe.” And that he’d served as a judge.
Where is your RP set?
The... normal, vanilla, D&D world
Uhhhhh— well. That’s complicated? One of our DMs homebrewed a version of the Beldam from Coraline for us, so we fought a Beldam. Then, we did some errands for the Queen, stopped a war, so it seemed like our antagonist was the country she almost went to war with... then, the random asshole noble, Lord Andrew, who sent us to investigate the Beldam showed back up and was Actually Evil™️, and used another Beldam(!!) to basically Yeet us into the primordial realm. We got home, after shenanigans, learned we had been gone for three years, and were promptly put on trial for high treason because a LOT had gone wrong with the enemy country, and somebody would need insider knowledge that we plausibly had in order for the specific things that happened to have happened. But, get this, Lord Andrew was our PROSECUTING ATTORNEY. Yeah, the guy who has just sent us on a life threatening journey through the primordial realm. So. We get declared innocent, and we’re sent to investigate other nobles to find out who IS guilty. We go to Lord Andrew’s castle first, because DUH, and find out that LA was actually dead, and the Beldam was just controlling a puppet duplicate of him the whole time. So, we fight and kill the second Beldam, and THEN we learn that a group of Drow have acted to bring a physical manifestation of Lolth to our plane for world domination purposes. This was actually hinted at and foreshadowed all along, but I'm trying to summarize over a year of rp. So, Lolth was our bbeg. Which was actually super traumatizing for Eilvyre, for a variety of reasons.
...Panic?? Also, spite...
When Eilvyre and another pc became girl friends, and when they had their first kiss.
Oooookay— another one that takes a bit of an explanation. So, one of the PCs was a 12 year old human sorcerer named Nicholas. At the start of the campaign, he and Eilvyre were traveling together because he grew up in a town of monster hunters and he'd """captured""" her, and was """taking her back to his town.""" In reality, she was just worried to see such a young boy traveling alone, and wanted to keep him safe. The player and I did decide that she'd briefly been back to his hometown, and had sworn on her honor to his mother that she'd keep him safe on the road. SO! The player got bored with Nicholas. He was a fairly troublesome kid, and she got really tired of having to be the one holding up the party. So, she decided to kill him off. Collaborating with the DMs, Nicholas was given a deck of many things. Yeah. Anyway. He drew a few cards over the sessions, and through sheer dumb luck, nothing bad came of it. Until, at the worst possible time, he drew the card that rips your soul out of your body and places it into an object hidden somewhere in the world, guarded by vicious monsters. Of course, what Eilvyre sees is him collapsing, catatonic, to the floor. For all intents and purposes, dead, until they can retrieve his soul. That moment created so much discord within the party as we all tried to grapple with our grief, and also the sheer fact that we were about to fight Lolth.
The trial, absolutely.
Okay, we were in the feywild during our stint in other planes. We'd met a bard in the primordial realm who worked for an archfey who had power over portals. So, we were in his domain. And due to some circumstances, the food/drink was safe. SO-- Feng, an air genasi sorcerer who had a massive crush on Eilvyre, got drunk with Irazoh, and he proceeded to give her drunken advice on how to ask my character out. The entire table was in stitches.
...Our original DM ditched after a session and a half, so for a little while, we had a rotating DM situation where we'd all share the responsibility. That... doesn't work. Then, two of the players stepped forward to co-DM. They're both awesome, and they crafted an incredible story together. And they switched off who was DMing every two sessions, so they both got to play, as well.
We kinda got it!! And the consequences of that campaign laid the groundwork for the world of our current campaign, which is always fun.

Spring 2018
I only ever had the one. Her name was Eilvyre and she was a dryder— she was also a paladin, following the Oath of Devotion. She had seven personality traits: the tenants of her oath— honor, honesty, courage, compassion, and duty, and then dumbass and lesbian. She had spent her entire life working to be seen as something other than just a monster, and was determined to do so through sheer kindness, gentleness, and being the diplomat of the party.
Our goblin ranger, Kigz. The player is... one of the most incredible RPers I’ve ever met. Every single character he writes is imbued with this surrealist l, chaotic, flavor that’s just... so fun. Kigz, at the start of the adventure, was under the employ of another PC, a mutineed pirate captain named Irazoh (half elf fighter). We learned that Kigz had given Irazoh a, like, 3 page resume that was entirely bullshit. And then the player actually MADE IT. He took an 8.5x11 sheet of paper, tore it into four, tea stained it, stitched the papers back together so it looks like a goblin might have done it, and then hand wrote out a resume. Every inch of the paper, front and back, was covered in lies. Notable lies include: “I’m a fletcher, I can make the arrows I put in people.” That he had diplomas and certifications from at least six universities of note “hidden in a place where they can be safe.” And that he’d served as a judge.
Where is your RP set?
Uhhhhh— well. That’s complicated? One of our DMs homebrewed a version of the Beldam from Coraline for us, so we fought a Beldam. Then, we did some errands for the Queen, stopped a war, so it seemed like our antagonist was the country she almost went to war with... then, the random asshole noble, Lord Andrew, who sent us to investigate the Beldam showed back up and was Actually Evil™️, and used another Beldam(!!) to basically Yeet us into the primordial realm. We got home, after shenanigans, learned we had been gone for three years, and were promptly put on trial for high treason because a LOT had gone wrong with the enemy country, and somebody would need insider knowledge that we plausibly had in order for the specific things that happened to have happened. But, get this, Lord Andrew was our PROSECUTING ATTORNEY. Yeah, the guy who has just sent us on a life threatening journey through the primordial realm. So. We get declared innocent, and we’re sent to investigate other nobles to find out who IS guilty. We go to Lord Andrew’s castle first, because DUH, and find out that LA was actually dead, and the Beldam was just controlling a puppet duplicate of him the whole time. So, we fight and kill the second Beldam, and THEN we learn that a group of Drow have acted to bring a physical manifestation of Lolth to our plane for world domination purposes. This was actually hinted at and foreshadowed all along, but I'm trying to summarize over a year of rp. So, Lolth was our bbeg. Which was actually super traumatizing for Eilvyre, for a variety of reasons.
When Eilvyre and another pc became girl friends, and when they had their first kiss.
Oooookay— another one that takes a bit of an explanation. So, one of the PCs was a 12 year old human sorcerer named Nicholas. At the start of the campaign, he and Eilvyre were traveling together because he grew up in a town of monster hunters and he'd """captured""" her, and was """taking her back to his town.""" In reality, she was just worried to see such a young boy traveling alone, and wanted to keep him safe. The player and I did decide that she'd briefly been back to his hometown, and had sworn on her honor to his mother that she'd keep him safe on the road. SO! The player got bored with Nicholas. He was a fairly troublesome kid, and she got really tired of having to be the one holding up the party. So, she decided to kill him off. Collaborating with the DMs, Nicholas was given a deck of many things. Yeah. Anyway. He drew a few cards over the sessions, and through sheer dumb luck, nothing bad came of it. Until, at the worst possible time, he drew the card that rips your soul out of your body and places it into an object hidden somewhere in the world, guarded by vicious monsters. Of course, what Eilvyre sees is him collapsing, catatonic, to the floor. For all intents and purposes, dead, until they can retrieve his soul. That moment created so much discord within the party as we all tried to grapple with our grief, and also the sheer fact that we were about to fight Lolth.
The trial, absolutely.
Okay, we were in the feywild during our stint in other planes. We'd met a bard in the primordial realm who worked for an archfey who had power over portals. So, we were in his domain. And due to some circumstances, the food/drink was safe. SO-- Feng, an air genasi sorcerer who had a massive crush on Eilvyre, got drunk with Irazoh, and he proceeded to give her drunken advice on how to ask my character out. The entire table was in stitches.
...Our original DM ditched after a session and a half, so for a little while, we had a rotating DM situation where we'd all share the responsibility. That... doesn't work. Then, two of the players stepped forward to co-DM. They're both awesome, and they crafted an incredible story together. And they switched off who was DMing every two sessions, so they both got to play, as well.
We kinda got it!! And the consequences of that campaign laid the groundwork for the world of our current campaign, which is always fun.
Wowza, that was a ride I didn't expect to go on at 1am lolol

Wowza, that was a ride I didn't expect to go on at 1am lolol
I glossed over a LOT of details and plot points and stuff, since it was an eight person campaign that lasted almost a full two years. It got even more complicated and surreal.

Spring 2018
Where is your RP set?
The trial, absolutely.

Omg Kigz! I love him already. You don't happen to have a full scan of his resume do you? X3

I have a lot of these so here we go

Chrysanthemum Chrysanthemum
June 8th, 2017

I think Sybilla. She's got a lot of drive and spunk yet she isn't afraid to be feminine.

Theia! The best mermaid that will ever exist, ever.

Sorry, Sorrel, I love you.

Where is your RP set?
In a world of our own making, but vaguely inspired by 1760s Europe.

A group of power-hungry, kind of 'magic-is-might' mages.

Part-revenge, part-morals, I'd say.

What is the cutest/happiest/most heart-warming moment?
So many. But when Sorrel supports Theia after she (literally) eats someone's soul.

Honestly, Sorrel and Theia's situation. Their souls are magically intertwined, so they literally can't be too far away from one another or they'll die.

The kidnapping at Vandenynas. The **explosions**. It will always be one of my favorite RP moments of all time.

When Theia discovers her true name, maybe. It's so interesting to have a character go by one name and then switch so easily.

Personally, finding time to respond. For the characters, getting along probably.

Lan and Syb rule together (probably with a thoroughly thought-out parliament), Sorrel and Theia find the solution to their problem, and legislation is in place to prevent magical exploitation and abuse.

Oh and Sylvis gets reunited with his family.
Oh and Idris doesn't die. >.>

December 11th, 2017

Kazel (Kaz). He is somehow both high-maintenance and hard-working and I love him for it.

Synneva (Synne). When 'princess' is the least-appropriate adjective to describe a character, you know you've done well. Better to call her an engineering genius and a damn good pilot.

Where is your RP set?
Space. Our own galaxy, though there are little remnants of humanity left behind (all Chrys' genius there).

Three men who think they either own Synne or think they know what's best for her. Barf.
Actually everyone's running from something or someone, but those three are the worst.

The dogged pursuit of their own happiness.

Probably when Synne shows up at Kaz's house and he just goes with her without explanation. I still love that part because both of them had so few shits left to give.

Weird moment to remember but when Addae thinks Kaz and Synne are dead. It was so brief, but he's like their older brother, and it was all so unexpected because we knew they were safe. Like a punch to the gut.

Probably Synne's confrontation with her older brother.

When Addae and Clio fight. Well, the time they fought for fun.

For all their goals to line up.

Clio figures out what she wants, Addae stands up for what he wants, Kaz gets to go home, and Synne does...literally whatever she wants to do.

October 26, 2019

Theodosia, hands down.

Ephram.

Where is your RP set?
Inspired by Regency-era England. Except with better hats and demon infestations.

Demons? It's a hard world to live in without proper education and training and money.

Living up to others' expectations or trying to carve out their own paths, I think.

It's more funny than anything, but Ephram causes a minor flood in the hallways that gets them hem of Theodosia's dress wet. Even though they just fought, he removes the water.

It was more like a child cleaning up his toys after a tantrum, but it was cute and hilarious.

None so far, but Lawrence's whole story is pretty sad.

Current moment — fighting demons.

When Theo subtly heals the horse that Eph runs ragged. Even though she's terrified of horses.

Demons and class hierarchy. XD

Theodosia finally makes her parents proud, Ephram buys his own farm or something, Lawrence pulls through his depression, and Astar... gee, she can probably whip any ending into her dream ending.

Erica Erica
August 20th, 2018

Byrn, probably. Sorry, Arlen.

Aesriel. I love brilliant female characters.

Where is your RP set?
Our own universe, but there are guns (powder) and magical shields so I'm not exactly sure how else to describe it. Fashion vaguely steampunk/fantasy? XD

A mad empress and her military might.
Oh and a religious organization trying to control and subdue mages.

Trying to protect their homes from invasion.

Any time Aesriel gets to be her true self.

I know it'll soon be topped, but when Aesriel loses her father.

The attack at the wedding reception.

The horse race between Byrn and Aesriel, I think.

For the characters, maybe balancing expectations and prejudices with reality.

Arlen and Aesriel find a place to settle down (hopefully with Carmella nearby), Byrn finds a new audience for all his jokes, and there's a little more peace between their nations.

peritwinkle peritwinkle
April 20th, 2019

Luka.

Edrei. haha.

Where is your RP set?
Generic medieval fantasy, maybe more Renaissance-esque.

Everyone trying to kill the main characters. A power-hungry lord trying to usurp the throne.

A need for survival (and revenge).

When Edrei soothes Luka when he's gravely ill. It forever bound him to her.

The whole thing is kinda sad haha.

The skirmish at the stream.

When Edrei cons some drunk men out of money. XD

Honestly? It's freezing. They're having trouble travelling by horseback with little money.

Luka and Edrei get married, Ashdew gets beheaded or something (wait, no, *poisoned*), and the whole gang's together again.

ashwynne ashwynne
December 2nd, 2019

Floretta.

Talfryn. Love me a good bard.

Where is your RP set?
The Realm of Winds.

Talfryn's father, what's-his-name.

Determination. True grit. Lol.

When Talfryn plays his flute for grieving Flor all night.

When Floretta discovers her family won't ever remember her again.

Same as above.

When Talfryn takes Floretta to the beach.

Trying to find a place for Floretta in a realm where humans mostly serve as slaves.

Flor and Tal live happily ever after and Tal's father gets shot with a crossbow over the toilet, Tywin-Lannister-style.

Last edited:
I have plenty of current ones but I started roleplaying in general over 16 years ago.
Thats a hard one.. I guess right now it would be Victoria Dumbledore but I also love Tattiana DeParko, Taylor Grey, Angel Xavier and Liddia Spiegel

Rin from Inuyasha. Grown up version more specifically but I suppose that's a bit my own.
Where is your RP set?

I I roleplays set in the modern world, Futuristic and in the Wizarding World right now.

What drives my characters forward are their own flaws that they need to redeem themselves for

For many of them, it would be their past and their stubbornness

To find someone who accepts them for them and for them to fight through darkness and danger to find themselves in the end.

I never was able to get one off the ground :(

I did have an idea for the Fallout universe but people either ghosted, passed me by without a second thought, or were outright rude about it saying my idea was terrible even though I had blatantly said it was an AU.

Essentially it was between my character (an escaped synth) and Maxson and they would have been something of unlikely ally's and through everything that they go through together they come to better understand each other and care about each other. Never cared whether it was romantic or not (realizing some people arent into romance and that's fine) but I'm a sucker for the enemy turned friend/SO trope lol

I never was able to get one off the ground :(

I did have an idea for the Fallout universe but people either ghosted, passed me by without a second thought, or were outright rude about it saying my idea was terrible even though I had blatantly said it was an AU.

Essentially it was between my character (an escaped synth) and Maxson and they would have been something of unlikely ally's and through everything that they go through together they come to better understand each other and care about each other. Never cared whether it was romantic or not (realizing some people arent into romance and that's fine) but I'm a sucker for the enemy turned friend/SO trope lol
Awh, I'm sorry that never got anywhere! I gotta admit, I do love a good villain turnaround, myself.

I've found that the majority of folks don't enjoy playing canon when their partner plays OC, though. Of course, some people do - I have a friend or two who quite enjoy it. Still though, the majority of folks won't do that, being more comfortable doing OC x OC or canon x canon. Combine that with a somewhat niche fandom or canon character to be played, and I'm afraid the likelihood of hits drops low.

That's not to say it's impossible, nor am I excusing peoples' rude behaviour, of course. You do whatever makes you happy, and folks shouldn't be aggressive towards you for it usually. Nonetheless, it's something to keep in mind when you continue the search. c:

Awh, I'm sorry that never got anywhere! I gotta admit, I do love a good villain turnaround, myself.

I've found that the majority of folks don't enjoy playing canon when their partner plays OC, though. Of course, some people do - I have a friend or two who quite enjoy it. Still though, the majority of folks won't do that, being more comfortable doing OC x OC or canon x canon. Combine that with a somewhat niche fandom or canon character to be played, and I'm afraid the likelihood of hits drops low.

That's not to say it's impossible, nor am I excusing peoples' rude behaviour, of course. You do whatever makes you happy, and folks shouldn't be aggressive towards you for it usually. Nonetheless, it's something to keep in mind when you continue the search. c:

I won't lie I do wanna see this idea go somewhere someday. Its something of a small dream I suppose. Especially with how much effort I put into some of the ideas I had. But for now I'm taking something of a break. A couple of years of looking with absolutely horrid luck tends to wear down on a person.

I won't lie I do wanna see this idea go somewhere someday. Its something of a small dream I suppose. Especially with how much effort I put into some of the ideas I had. But for now I'm taking something of a break. A couple of years of looking with absolutely horrid luck tends to wear down on a person.
I getcha c: Don't let that stop you from looking for other RPs, though! There's a lot out there <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back