Viewpoint Tell me about your favorite OC!

v e n u s

Starlight
I really love reading about other peoples OC, as I find it really nice to hear people get excited about something they created. So tell me about your favorite OC, you can use my questions or tell a story about something they did that made you love them as a character.
  1. Who is your OC?
  2. How long have you used your OC?
  3. What is your favortie RP moment with your OC?
  4. What's one thing your OC can't leave the house without and why?
  5. Do they want a happy ending?
  6. How do they want to be remembered when they die?
  7. What was the moment you realized this was one of your favorite characters?
  8. What's their worst trait and how does it affect them.
  9. What's their best trait and how does it affect them.

─────※ ·♕· ※─────
𝒫𝑒𝓇𝓈𝑒𝓊𝓈 𝑀𝓎𝓇𝑜𝓃
─────※ ·♕· ※─────

“I honestly don’t know who the stupid one is. You for coming up with such a dumb plan or me for listening this long.”

Who is Perseus Myron?
Perseus better known as simply Percy. Is a seemingly cold and tense boy, which isn’t wrong. He’s not some misunderstood kid with a heart of gold, he is truly just a jerk. Though he does have his moments and the few people he lets in can see the broken person that he is. He doesn’t need to be changed nor wants to be he just needs to be accepted, as the cold asshole who has a soft spot for aviation.

How long have you used Percy?

Percy is one of my oldest OC so I found it only fitting that he is the first to be transferred to his own planned out document. He is the reason I love playing flawed characters, you can connect so much more with them and it’s truly a wonderful experience.
Since I’ve used Percy for so long I’ve hurt him a lot, and even though he’s gone through many stories he has yet to get a truly happy ending. Maybe you’ll be his first!

What is your favorite RP moment with Percy?
I’ve had a lot so It’s hard to say, but I think the moment that made me love Percy as a character was during a Harry Potter RP(side note: Percy was originally created for a Harry Potter RP but I love him so much that I adapted him to fit a lot of other settings as well!). He was being typical cold Percy when this girl asked him to teach her to fly, he got so excited and I don’t think the poor girl learned anything with how quickly he talked. When she said she had to go, he went back to bitter Percy, but there was something about that moment that just made me love him.

What is one thing Percy wouldn’t leave the house without?

A book, typical but he honestly needs one to function. Percy feels like he’s wasting time if he’s not learning something new. He doesn’t necessarily care about bettering himself more so just being better than someone else. Something that was drilled into his head from a young age. He does like to read classics and old books as he finds the crisp brittle paper soothing to touch. If someone close to them asked him to read to them, he would probably act annoyed but would love it very much.

I'm going to do this for an OC who's story is complete, and she's one of my favorites~

1. Who is your OC? Seren Vesper
  2. How long have you used your OC? Goodness, at least 3 years. The RP she was in ended in 2015.
  3. What is your favortie RP moment with your OC? My partner and I actually wrote two endings, and my favorite moment was in the first ending, where she stuck to her resolution to keep her end of the deal with the demon, even though the demon offered her a chance out of it.
  4. What's one thing your OC can't leave the house without and why? Generally speaking, some sort of weapon. She was a hunted woman xD
  5. Do they want a happy ending? They got the ending they wanted. It wasn't "happy" in the typical terms, but they had their soul taken, and their suffering brought to an end.
  6. How do they want to be remembered when they die? They made a demon cry. That's good enough. They also helped to kill Lucifer and Israfel.
  7. What was the moment you realized this was one of your favorite characters? Aaah...goodness. Probably when my partner and I were able to continue the RP after two of the other plays dropped. We were both so invested in the story of Seren and Vastien, and the pining between the two that never amounted to anything xD
  8. What's their worst trait and how does it affect them. Their pride. It won't let them sit a fight out, and it won't let them save their own life. It led to their death.
  9. What's their best trait and how does it affect them. Their willingness to seek help and their willingness to listen to advice. In spite of their pride, they're determined to see their goals met, no matter the cost.

This is such a good, wholesome post!!!??? I remember I had made a similar one about 'questions to your OCs' I'll link it up later if you're interested. I also love reading about OCs and writing about mine! I'll come later to write about my kids for sure <3.

1. Who is your OC? Tally
  2. How long have you used your OC? 2 years
  3. What is your favortie RP moment with your OC? When she swooped in to rescue her husband from his abusive brother and kill the brother (unfortunately not before the brother offs his wife). OR When she crawled into the back of a truck with her friend Ambrose to hold him as he cried about losing his best friend and love (who in the end wasn't actually shot and killed on a moon during a botched negotiation, but he doesn't know that and the video certainly shows him shot).

Basically I really enjoy when she rescues her man, councils and loves her friends.
  4. Do they want a happy ending? Yes, desperately but she's stranded on a planet as war breaks out across the verse, her friends are captives, her husband is severely injured and she just had a baby . . . shits gone to hell in a hand-basket.
  5. How do they want to be remembered when they die? I want her to be remembered for saving the verse she lives in, but I am sure she wants her friendships, her child and her relationships/marriage to be part of her memory.
  6. What was the moment you realized this was one of your favorite characters? I was in love nearly the moment I started writing her. I knew she was awesome when I got fanart of her from a few different people. I haven't played her in 3 years and I still draw her, I just got fanart of her from a friend the other day out of nowhere, she just rocks!
  7. What's their worst trait and how does it affect them. She isn't one to get angry but she is the kind of person that holds is close, keeps quite and eventually breaks down and it all floods out. She is a mean person when she is angry, says stuff she doesn't mean and burns bridges much to quickly; she once left the system, her husband (who technically abandoned her) and returned to her drug dealing past out of anger (and somewhat necessity), but big part anger at her husband. Full on reverted back to her old life out of spite.
  8. What's their best trait and how does it affect them. Loyal to a fault, I know I just mentioned running away back to her old life. But she is fiercely loyal, trusting and passionate. She does a lot of shit for those she loves, trust and that loyalty is her best trait.

Last edited:
Who is your OC?
Hayvian Lindalis
was raised as a monk in the Temple of Turra. He enjoyed a peaceful, quiet life in the mountains until the Alterian Empire swept across the land of Turra, killing and enslaving villagers and farmers. The Emperor of Alteris used these captives to force the monks to participate in their bloody conquest. For over a decade Hayvian served in the Alterian infantry, being trained in the use of swords, shields and bows. After years of committing atrocities in the name of Alteris, the majority of the monks rebelled against their new masters, refusing to speak or fight. This resulted in a genocide of the Turrian people, and Hayvian deserted the Empire and swore a vow of peace. He often contemplated his right to live, and thought about committing suicide.

The plot of the RP he was part of was based around a rebellion against Alteris. The GM played my niece, and her character sought him out to fight alongside the rebels. Hayvian agreed to accompany her on her quest, but refused to fight, instead offering counsel and training to the rebellion.

How long have you used your OC?
The RP only lasted a year, back in 2009, and I never recycle characters. Unique characters for unique stories.

What is your favorite RP moment with your OC?
The moment Hayvian decided to break his vow of peace. The main group was traveling as an envoy to consult the Kingdom of Pirth and discuss their role in the war, when they came upon a small village. The structures had been burned, and the residents executed down to the last woman and child. A small battalion of Alterian troops had remained to construct fortifications.

Hayvian happened upon the bodies of a mother and her small children. A boy and girl. The children had died in their mother's clutches, her throat slashed so as to bleed out slowly, holding the dead bodies of her young. Something inside him just let go, and he abandoned his vow of peace without hesitation. Those men didn't know what hit them.

I recall being so taken by that scene, and get a little emotional thinking about it even now.

What's one thing your OC can't leave the house without and why?
Clothes. Hayvian didn't keep or value any personal possessions.

Do they want a happy ending?
This question is an odd one for him. What he desired was unattainable, and it haunted him to his last days. All he ever wanted was the forgiveness of his people.

How do they want to be remembered when they die?
Hayvian didn't want to be remembered. He wanted the Turrian people to be remembered. He wanted their story to be a reminder of mankind's capacity for peace and virtue, but also an example of the Alterian way.

What was the moment you realized this was one of your favorite characters?
Refer to What is your favorite RP moment with your OC?

What's their worst trait and how does it affect them?
His penchant for violence. It caused him to lose his sense of identity and self worth. He came to think of himself as a monster, a weak, immoral man, and a failure to his people.

What's their best trait and how does it affect them?
His desire for peace, and his willingness to protect the innocent and his loved ones alike. It helped him find his inner peace and personal redemption when he sacrificed himself to hold off a battalion of Alterian soldiers.

Last edited:
  1. Who is your OC? Ambrose Montgomery (Monty)
  2. How long have you used your OC? 2 years.
  3. What is your favortie RP moment with your OC? My favorite moment is not from canon, but an AU loosely based on canon, where he's 15 years younger and the commanding officer (Cassius) he fell in love with and sleeps with in canon becomes the Emperor in this AU, where Cassius' his wife lives, and Monty is a soldier in his personal guard. He ends up saving the Prince (Eoin), his love interest/bestfriend in canon from an assassination attempt during Eoin's birthday when he runs off to checkout his bday gift from his mom a new fighter ship, and in doing so endears himself to the emperor who begins to fall in love with him (and eventually does sleep with him) starting a fun to RP complicated love web where Cassius is hiding this from his Wife (Tiena) who in reality doesn't care, actual eventually encourages it, and wants to be part of it . . . but also he ends up being assigned as a guard to the Prince, by Tiena and falls in love with him too. So Monty is in this world of WTF where he's basically sleeping with everyone in the royal family, falling in love with them all, and a few extra people.

There is a bunch of abductions, and invasions, war, and assassination attempts happening in there as the recently dethroned Emperor tries to retake his empire. Like there is a larger plot to the RP but a big, fun part is all the relationships!!! >D
  4. What's one thing your OC can't leave the house without and why? His dog tags (canon). They're his memory of a past life as a soldier in the imperial arm, of Cassius the man he loved and put his life down for, and the promise he made to Cassius before he died for him that he'd save Eoin (Cassius' son) and give him a different life from the one Cassius left him to. They're very important to him and represent all he's lost.
  5. Do they want a happy ending? Yes, not sure if they'll get one or not.
  6. How do they want to be remembered when they die? Not for the war crimes he helped commit that is for sure. I think he'd want to be forgotten actually, lost to the history books, he spent so long under the spotlight as a figure in Cassius' campaign and spent 15 years trying to run from it that he probably doesn't want anyone to remember him, what he did, or why.
  7. What was the moment you realized this was one of your favorite characters? When he ripped out the throat of an assassin with his teeth! All to save Eoin!
  8. What's their worst trait and how does it affect them. He emotionally conflicted, damaged goods, unable to express himself and prone to violence. He once punched Eoin in the noes in response to Eoin getting to physically close to him (trying to kiss him) and immediately regretted it and suffered for it because Eoin was then (to his knowledge) killed a few days later leading to 2 years of RPing with him thinking he's dead going on a similar revenge campaign as Cassius (Eoin's dead father, who used his rank and power to commit genocide in revenge for his wife's dead, who died at the negotiating table turn hostile).
  9. What's their best trait and how does it affect them. Loyal like a dog, because he's genetically predisposed to be! Life grown in a test tube, loyal soldier for the front lines do as told kind of thing. Which in the end is a good thing. I mean it lead to him meeting Cassius, Eoin and forming his Crew a few decades later, he has good friends and a dysfunctional but amazing found family.

I have a thing for loyalty, it's like deep down I think a personal thing for me IRL and I swear writing this shit down I realize how much I project that into characters! >D

Last edited:
I'm super fond of my characters Vijay Kulkarni and Allie Nimr, but I'm gonna take the time to talk about one of my OCs who I had a super fun time playing as (and who I hope to play again someday soon) since she's a fun one to talk about.

Who is your OC?
Aruna Kolluri, also known as Ruby Runner

I created the character a little over year ago for a hero themed dice roleplay. However, I have only used her once (unlike my other favorites who I tend to use more frequently). The main reason for this is that I have yet to find a roleplay that suits her. She really only works in a super hero setting.

What is your favortie RP moment with your OC?
Basically any time she would flirt with another character was fun, but my favorite moment was when she went into a museum to stop the villain who was smashing all the displays. Upon learning that this impossibly strong opponent was a resurrected king who was there looking for the ring his son gave him, she opted to help him find the treasure he was looking for because "London still owes my country a hell of a lot", so she agreed it was rightfully his. What's a little breaking and entering if it means returning something precious to its rightful owner? To top it off, she got the cellphone number of a buff, deity leveled character ;)

Without a doubt, Aruna would never leave anywhere without her cellphone. How else would she keep her Instagram up to date? Since her super hero alter ego is completely public, her account is a mash up of her civilian and super hero lifestyles.

As a hero, her happy ending is to let other people have theirs. That, and to have a few fun hookups along the way.

Aruna does not particularly care if she's remembered after death. As far as she's concerned, death is death, so it ends there. She isn't looking to be mourned. If she can bring joy while she's alive then that's what counts.

I often play similar characters to her (flirt who is more dangerous than she seems, but also more principled), so I wasn't particularly surprised that I enjoyed her as an rp character. Throughout the whole process of conceiving her as a character I was really fond of both her design and personality. I think the moment she really became a favorite though was when I was faced with the option to give her greater depth, having too choose between being a typical hero who fights for the law, and being one who fights for what she believes in. Two scenes really stood out as defining moments, the first bring at the museum, and the second being when she decides to walk out of her own trial because she is innocent.

What's their worst trait and how does it affect them.
She is a bit too carefree, especially considering her career choice. Aruna is quick to speak her mind, and that can get her into trouble when she's expected to be respectful. She's not one to keep out of trouble, and that can be difficult for those who associate with as well. One wrong word can lead to a fight breaking out. At times, that's even done intentionally when she wants a good excuse to beat up someone rude, or even for fun. She treats fighting as a sport, so to some she has a somewhat bloodthirsty reputation. Regardless, that still doesn't keep her from doing whatever she feels like.

What's their best trait and how does it affect them
In my opinion, her best trait is the same as her worst. Being carefree, while it gets her into trouble, also means that it's easier for her to be outgoing, flirty, and live life the way she wants to. Because she forms her own opinions on things, not bogged down by the limits people try to place on her, it gives get the independence to live freely.​

1. Who is your OC? Reyd Hayden Grace. He is a Pokemon Gijinka, with the ability to use pokemon moves at a whim.
  2. How long have you used your OC? Since seventh grade, so...ten years? eleven?
  3. What is your favortie RP moment with your OC? I had a battle with a pen pal, in which both he and Reyd died. The battle was intense, we showcased skills as both writers and as characters.
  4. What's one thing your OC can't leave the house without and why? His mask. It conceals his face, and prevents him from showing weakness in battle. he's very bad at keeping his emotions in check, and it has been known to get himself hurt, and others killed because he showed too much emotion in a battle.
  5. Do they want a happy ending? He is more concerned with a happy ending for others; his own demise is second to him. He could end in a violent, bloody death, or through torture, by any means, as long as those he loved were safe, and happy.
  6. How do they want to be remembered when they die? He would rather his legacy get carried on through his generations. he wants to instill his belief in his children, and hope they do good too.
  7. What was the moment you realized this was one of your favorite characters? Probably when I realized he is me. I believe in making realistic characters (attitude, not powers). Characters that can be related to is a very important aspect, and when I realized that Reyd was who I aspired to be - and that it wasn't an unrealistic aspiration - I realized I created a character that I could love, and in turn, I loved myself.
  8. What's their worst trait and how does it affect them. Reyd's worse trait is his inability to conceal his emotions. It's more than just wearing his heart on his sleeve - even if he tries to conceal it, the pressure builds up, and eventually it's worse than it was before. It's gotten him hurt, and gotten others around him hurt - some killed.
  9. What's their best trait and how does it affect them. His best trait is his willpower. He's never given up, no matter the circumstances. He wants to prove just how strong he is, mentally, physically, and emotionally. this also helps as he rules his city, as he doesn't back down against his resolve, and protects his city tooth and nail.

Who is your OC?
Halia Alsius

Just a few months tbh. She was crafted very recently but quickly became a favorite of mine.

I haven't had a favorite roleplay moment, but I love talking to partners about how OCs and Halia can fit into each other's stories.

Her pentadrent, which is her main fighting weapon. She always has it on hand to make sure she can protect herself should danger follow.

I think Halia is the type of person to dream of a happy ending to her story. But I think she's also aware that having a happy ending might not be the most realistic thing. She's the type of person to put herself on the line if it means someone else gets to live. A happy ending for someone else but not her.

As the person who put others before herself. Someone who was good at their job.

Probably after finishing her 8-page character sheet and realizing I had never poured this much effort into a character before.

She wants to save everyone. Her job is to heal people, so she wants to help every person who needs it. She's only ever lost one person, which had a very negative impact on her character. It very much has made her doubt her own abilities.

What's their best trait and how does it affect them.
She's never been afraid to do the right thing. I suppose that's put her in some near-death situations, but if she doesn't do the right thing then who will?

Who is your OC?

Raiah Marie Hexos

Since 2012 I believe. She's an absolute dinosaur compared to most of the characters I run, and has undergone a lot of evolution since then.

What is your favortie RP moment with your OC?

(This is not my favorite probably, but its the best one I have on-hand. Most all the RPs I've done with her were over voice call or in person.)

Raiah continued to work on her robotic arm. She had removed her original arm and connected the new prototype by a handful of wires (there was no upper arm yet). She seem to be touching the thumb to all the fingers and testing the dexterity of the hand. She touched her pinky and her middle finger to the thumb and looked confused. She opened up a compartment and realized a couple of wires had been switched around.

Alduir, for seemingly no reason got up from his meditation sleep and moved two seats back.

She started to switch them, but when she did she brushed against another wire causing a spark to jump. The hand of the prototype arm pulled inside the wrist and the paneling split open to reveal several coils and lights which began powering up in a sequence starting at the elbow and moving down to the wrist.

Raiah: "Wait No NO NO NO!" The device fired off a ball of blue plasma and shot across the isle from its recoil, hitting the wall and cracking the reflector-projector screen on the far side right where Alduir had been sitting. Raiah looked at the two-foot wide hole in the side of the tour bus encircled by dripping molten metal nervously.

"I... uhh... Khy did it." Khy was still reading the apparently blank book. He didn't even respond.

Her mechanical legs. Literally... she physically cannot leave the house without her legs.

For sure.

Raiah tends to just ignore these kinds of deep existential questions. Maybe its just the fact that she's still a teenager and recognizes has a lot of time to figure such things out. She'd rather just have a big stack of pancakes and chill with her friends than ponder the deeper meaning of life.

Honestly it was how all my friends responded to her. I always felt that Raiah would come off as a little bit annoying to other people since she was a more comedically focused character in an otherwise rather serious set of RPs, but I myself still enjoyed writing her. But all my friends were saying they really liked her too and she has great chemistry with just about any character she has to interact with.

(Oh gosh I can think of several.)
-Raiah can be really inappropriate and insensitive. Straight up asking questions, and pointing out others flaws (or what she sees as flaws) with no grace or sugarcoating whatsoever.
-She's also easy to trigger and to goade into a fight. And her battle strategies more or less consist of "hit them harder!"
-She's also a huge slob, which doesn't really win her points with a lot of other characters.

When she's actually focused and not being lazy, she can be incredibly strong-willed and intelligent; and good at anything that she puts her mind to. This especially applies to her building gadgets and devices.

Who is your OC?
Bianca Phalon. She's an alien scientist that chills in a human-like suit operated by her and her "lesser versions" from a planet filled with hostile predators.

This isn't the easiest question to answer. Her current version (since I revise my OCs many times throughout their life spans) hasn't gotten any action yet, but a few revises back (so several some months ago) she was a relevant character in two 1x1s with my friend marc122 marc122 (love ya boo) over Discord,so you'd think she's several months, maybe even a year old, yes? Well, yes, and no. The farthest she goes back is when I was about 9. I thought it weird to ask my extended family to make miis based on them, so when I ran out of immediate people to make miis off of, I just MADE UP people. Bianca was one of many of them. She was one of a couple of those miis that ended up becoming OCs, and the only one of the non-superhero ones to not be scrapped. She went through many versions since then.

When she gave marc122 marc122 's character Marcella a very loud wake-up with a megaphone in earlyish hours of the morning, causing Marcella to snap and ask what the hell was wrong with her.

Her fancy shmancy goggles that took her quite a while to make.

In her eyes, she already has it. She's away from her kind of horrible home planet, she has great friends, and generally a fantastic life. She sometimes wishes she could save more of her species from the sad fate of being chow to whatever beast can think fast enough, but other times she's glad she left them.

As someone who brought a lot of sweet laser guns and other techs to the Earth. Though, despite how much she wishes otherwise, she'll most likely be remembered on her home planet--Tarphalon--as a coward who ran away.

"Yeah. I considered trying it on carpet first, but I figured that this hardwood floor underneath this couch would provide more of the roller skating feel, so I'm testing it here."

"Yea, it'd also give you more of the roller skating injuries."

"Actually...wait, where are the carpet floors in this place again?"

"Too late to turn back now."

-An excerpt from one of the aforementioned 1x1s with marc122 marc122

Her irritability. She can get bent out of shape over the smallest dislikeable menu change at a food truck.

Her determination. She'll keep at an invention or a deal to sell some dude a grappling hook no matter how difficult it is.

Who is your OC?
Catherine "Rin" Woodbury! Normal teenage girl, she started off as a neopet and over the years I just made her into a regular OC.

So many to choose from! Getting flustered over making a suggestive comment.

House keys, because she needs them to get back inside.

Fondly is good enough <:

The moment I drew those big round eyes ;-;
RP moment wise, probably the first time I could really crack a joke using her. It's in character, and most of my other characters are kind of stuffy so her casual way of speech and quick wit is just a pleasure to write.

Her blind devotion, especially to love. It gives her a kind of ride or die attitude, and makes her prone to exploitation.

Probably her devotion, it's sweet ;-;
1566784534057.png

Lately I’ve been thinking about an old character of mine from several satire role plays. I used to be part of a group of friends who did some very unorthodox, genius work on a steady basis. The project was an action spoof that poked fun at cliches and tropes within film and even role play. The GM had created this character named Jack “Stacker” Jackson.

Before I even start with this character I have to make sure you understand that it was just a character. Part of what made him so fun and memorable for me, was that he was such a departure from any type of personality I have ever done before. He was a piece of shit, but a fun, and difficult one to play. That’s what made him so rewarding. Not what he did or what he said. He was a horrible, horrible human being.

Who is your OC?
Years ago my friend wanted to do an action spoof comedy, and he had created a character named Jack Jackson. Jack was a racist, sexist, misogynistic, arrogant, ignorant, vulgar excuse for a man. An exaggerated representation of the classic, badass soldier archetype. My friend didn’t think he could do Jack justice, so he offered me the role. Thinking back now, it may have been that he didn’t want to have to be the one. I’m the type who loves the challenge of playing a character built for an RP by the RP creator. There’s no greater honor and proof of your worth as a writer, so I accepted. I took Jack and made him my own working with the material I was given.

I used him for about four years total. There were two role plays because the first was such a hit and so fun to write that a sequel was pretty much a guarantee.

So we did this long, winded scene near the climax of the role play where Jack stepped up to rally the group and give a speech to quell all of their fears and doubts, and unite them to accomplish their common goal. The GM was playing another hilarious male character named Alistair that poked fun at the alpha male dynamic in role playing. Two guys constantly competing for the same perceived position of leading male. Alistair was the "singularity" archetype. He was the high class, artsy, sophisticated man, who also wants to be the gritty, hard as nails badass (think most mages in fantasy RP).

Before Jack’s big speech there was an argument with Alistair where they were both trying to 1-up each others level of psychotic badassery. They had already been standing toe to toe, just going back and forth, you know.

Alistair: “When I was a kid I used to tortue my baby sister.”
Jack: “When I was a kid I killed my baby sister.”

Not exactly that, but stuff like that. I knew I had to do something to up the level of physical comedy so I had Jack grab him by the collar of his shirt and pull him in even closer, pressing both nose and crotch bulge together to the point their lips were almost touching. Then I dropped one of the most memorable lines in the role play.

Jack: “I once carved a bitch up like a goddamn Thanksgiving turkey, Chief. I ate her organs like stuffing and cranberry sauce.”
Alistair: “That’s pretty fucked up, Jack.”
Jack: “Yeah, it is. And she was my grandmother. Imagine what I could do to you given proper motivation.”

He proceeded to give his speech, pumping his pump action shotgun several times in total. At the end of said speech, which wasn’t that long or spectacular, he pumped the shotgun again, barking out, “Now somebody pick up these perfectly good shotgun shells.”

Best scene in the RP, a barrel of fun to write. I wish I could pull the entire scene for you, but that’s no longer an option.

.500 Smith and Wesson Magnum. The most powerful handgun on the panet. Jack’s best and only friend. He calls “her” Maggie and considers “her” like his wife.

“Who needs a woman when you’ve got a magnum? She never asks for nothin’, never talks back, she only eats fresh rounds, and she knows when to keep her mouth shut.”

Again, it was a character, and a deep departure for me.

The RP was set about 5 years into a zombie apocalypse, I can’t recall how deep we were, but it was a long time post-outbreak. Due to Jack’s various disorders, he didn’t want any traditional happy ending. Jack wanted to kill every last zombie, in every corner of the Earth. At the end of the first RP he kept going to continue his mission to wipe out the undead.

Jack: “The single most badass mother fucker to ever walk the face of this worthless godforsaken rock you call a planet. I mean Jesus-H-fucking-Christ, woman...I’m the epitome of masculinity. I oughta get a fuckin’ statue when this is all over."

He would actually rank very low on my list of favorites, but he was one of the most memorable.

I recall there was a moment in the second RP where one of the returning characters mentioned Alistair in passing (who had died in the first RP), and Jack went ballistic. It was a spoof those scenes where the lead hero gets way more agitated than he should be in a situation, grabbing a hold of people, screaming and such. He beat the living shit out of him before reminding everyone that Alistair was dead, screaming that “There’s not a goddamn hope in hell of that son of a bitch showing up again. Understand?” And of course, Alistair showed up again.

I remember being so grateful to have a chance to play him again in that moment and so looked forward to the rest of that RP.

Schizoid personality disorder. Jack feels a very limited range of emotions, has difficulty expressing them, and suffers from a severe detachment from social situations and personal relationships. It makes him highly difficult to deal with in any capacity, very annoying, and impossibly obnoxious. He’s quite possibly the most toxic character to ever be written on a character interaction basis.

Urbach-Wiethe disease. Jack is incapable of feeling fear. It leads into some very dangerous, stupid situations. He is often incapable of seeing the flaws in his plans, and lack of logic behind most of his actions. Somehow he manages to survive time after time, regardless of how nonsensical or illogical his course of action is.

I love poking fun at RP tropes and character archetypes. I sort of want to do a satire RP on this site.

Last edited:
  1. Who is your OC? Artemis/X3-27
  2. How long have you used your OC? Well I created her about a year ago but I have yet to actually use her.
  3. What is your favortie RP moment with your OC? Again haven't been able to use her :(
  4. What's one thing your OC can't leave the house without and why? Her Bow and Arrows and sword. II's her means of defending herself in the post apocalyptic wasteland
  5. Do they want a happy ending? Yes.
  6. How do they want to be remembered when they die? She doesnt want to do being seen as a Synth because, while she acknowledges she is one, she knows that she's so much more then "just a machine"
  7. What was the moment you realized this was one of your favorite characters? She ended up being the one I worked on the most. Shes my brain child lol
  8. What's their worst trait and how does it affect them. She used to be a Courser and feels terrible for the things she did. This can hold her back sometimes and has effected her health. Shes also not afraid to challenge authority which can get her in trouble.
  9. What's their best trait and how does it affect them. She's not afraid of change and willing to look past the surface. Someones a ghoul? Who cares. Sentient Super Mutant? Cool. Shes also more accepting of those with a past (ex raider/gunner/Institute scientist) because she herself has a past. She cant judge them if they're honestly trying to change themselves.

Who is your OC?
Lilith! A common modern-world demon who used to work as an exotic dancer, but dreams of being a vocal teacher.
About a year or so. She originally came from a fantasy-based RP as an info broker and overall con-woman, but got wrapped up and blamed for some crimes she didn't commit. She ends up working with a knight to solve the crimes and clear her name, and it reflects in the modern RP! She now works with a detective of a similar manner and tries to solve a string of murders she's being accused of.
I have a strong love for a lot of scenes I've written with this character. She's emotional charged and headstrong, making for a lot of deep and meaningful scenes when she decides to open up. I think one of my favorite moments has to be when she was admitting how scared she was, when she was supposed to be some sassy and witty sexy demoness, when in reality she was terrified of the world and her own future.
Her wedding ring, which is attached to her horn! It was originally broken off and stolen by the killer they were attempting to catch, but her husband managed to recover the horn and had a specially made wedding used to attach the pieces together.
Yes! It's all Lilith really wants, due to her rough childhood and struggles in adulthood.
In her world, demons are seen as second-class citizens and pests. Originally, Lilith wanted to just wither away on her own without anyone really knowing her, due to the infamy it'd bring. Though, now she wants to be remembered as more than what she was, and who she had become.
In the original fantasy RP she was in, it was when the knight and her were in a large bathhouse, and they were both attempting to wash themselves off. It's when she became vulnerable for the first time, and admitted how worried she is about the world.
She's mouthy, stubborn, and kinda an asshole to those she doesn't know. It gets her in heaps of trouble, even if she manages to worm her way out of it.
Homegirl is stubborn, but she's also determined. Nothing stops her, even if she's absolutely terrified or on the brink of death. She just doesn't know when to stop.

rrr-png.541822
demoncommff-jpg.553538

So as a general rule I’m not super invested in characters. I tend to roleplay for setting over character or story. So for the most part I just play different archetypes in rotation based on my whims at the moment.

So that said I wouldn’t call the following character my favorite so much as my most memorable character. And 90% of that is because she was the first/best photomanipulation I ever did for a character.

D9BAFE26-CC77-4E61-A245-7E78AD59D238.jpegAD51A21D-EB23-49A9-8262-4DB642A9938C.png

So Chonsie is a character that was sort of a self-aware take on a Mary Sue. Her power set was luck manipulation which is basically just plot armor by another name.

Her personality was very over the top bratty with the quintessential Sue need to be the Very Best /Specialist person in the room at all times.

But at no point did I take the character seriously. She was mostly just a chance of me to be zany and have fun making a pest of myself.

And I find that to be somewhat endearing in retrospect. Because I think she was the first character I created that was not intended to be well liked or well received.

Which I think is a trap that a lot of new roleplayers fall into. We over identify with our characters and want them to have the lives we don’t in real life. So those of us who are self-conscious or anxious make characters they are universally well liked and treated nicely.

But Chonsie was my first time saying - nah I want a character who people are going to think is annoying and I’m okay with that. I want to make the character who is bratty and has no friends and it’s going to be part of her charm.

Turns out she actually did end up having a friend in the roleplay but that was just weird synergy between characters.

I have redone her a few times over the years when I want an unlikeable character to sort of liven up the narrative.

I really love reading about other peoples OC, as I find it really nice to hear people get excited about something they created. So tell me about your favorite OC, you can use my questions or tell a story about something they did that made you love them as a character.

Who is Malice?
His real name is Jacob, but it's been lost for quite a long time, now. Nowadays he goes by Malice. Malice is an ash-black demon from the 10th Layer of Hell, and not without reason, either. He is a scary man that you wouldn't want to ever have the pleasure of seeing in real life. He's manipulative, he's cunning, he's powerful, and he's extremely skilled in what he does. He's always looking out for numero uno, but if you get on his bad list, you betcha he's going to go to unreasonable lengths to make you pay, even if he severely harms himself in the process. And the terrible thing is that, when he needs to, he can be effortlessly charming, tempting people into things they normally wouldn't be comfy with.

How long have you used Malice?
Oh, my. Quite a while, now! Probably around 2-3 years in various scenarios and across a couple of platforms.

What is your favortie RP moment with Malice?
How could I possibly pick? Honestly, he's had so many great moments. The ones I love most are the ones I've pushed my own boundaries with - having Malice do things that are just a little out of my comfort zone is what really gets me going. Possessing someone only to hurt their loved ones and make them watch, taking advantage of the mentally unstable to suit his needs, driving an entire group of friends against each other... I'm a sucker for emotions and drama, so when my character does something that literally makes me feel anxious in real life, that's a good sign, believe it or not!

What's one thing Malice can't leave the house without and why?
Honestly, he doesn't need anything. Having lived many years in the 10th Layer of Hell, he doesn't carry around things, as they can be easily taken away from him or lost when he dies and is reborn. All he really ever needs is his magic abilities.

Does Malice want a happy ending?
To be honest, even I'm not sure exactly what he wants. Perhaps he just wants to see people suffer. Perhaps he wants to feel power over others. Perhaps he just wants to feel good. Perhaps he yearns for his time in Hell to be over. It's honestly hard to say what his motivation is other than just being malicious and preserving himself.

How does Malice want to be remembered when they die?
Probably as the biggest and baddest villain of all. I'm sure he'd love nothing more than to die for good as a legend in the ranks of Hell that everyone fears. Unfortunately, that is NOT where he stands in the hierarchy. Also, double unfortunately, it's Hell, so he can't really die.

What was the moment you realized Malice was one of your favorite characters?
It's hard to say! A lot of his RP interactions have happened a really long time ago. I'd say when I started rteally fleshing out his personality more. When I first concieved him, he was going to be way different than he is, now. Far tamer. Originally, he was going to be sort of a misguided soul who was so obsessed with this idea of chasing happiness that he would not stop to achieve whatever goal he had in mind. Fancy someone? Mold yourself into a charming personality. Someone starts flirting with your girl? Stop at nothing to get them off your tail. Getting bullied? Blow them all up so you can finally be at ease. That's what he was going to be at first, but then he morphed into this malicious, evil-spirited person who got pleasure from seeing others suffer, even at his own expense. Even now I'm working on ways he can be more manipulative, gain more trust, and break more hearts.

Probably all of them. The seven deadly sins are basically his personality traits. Greedy, gluttonous, lustful, wrathful, envious, slothful, but probably more prideful than anything. His ego can be his downfall at times... But then when he does fall, it's all wrath from there.

I'm not so sure Malice has "good" traits, lolol. Though he is extremely slippery. He knows the right things to say to get what he wants, and the right exits to take when his plans do eventually backfire.

Who is Malice?
His real name is Jacob, but it's been lost for quite a long time, now. Nowadays he goes by Malice. Malice is an ash-black demon from the 10th Layer of Hell, and not without reason, either. He is a scary man that you wouldn't want to ever have the pleasure of seeing in real life. He's manipulative, he's cunning, he's powerful, and he's extremely skilled in what he does. He's always looking out for numero uno, but if you get on his bad list, you betcha he's going to go to unreasonable lengths to make you pay, even if he severely harms himself in the process. And the terrible thing is that, when he needs to, he can be effortlessly charming, tempting people into things they normally wouldn't be comfy with.

How long have you used Malice?
Oh, my. Quite a while, now! Probably around 2-3 years in various scenarios and across a couple of platforms.

What is your favortie RP moment with Malice?
How could I possibly pick? Honestly, he's had so many great moments. The ones I love most are the ones I've pushed my own boundaries with - having Malice do things that are just a little out of my comfort zone is what really gets me going. Possessing someone only to hurt their loved ones and make them watch, taking advantage of the mentally unstable to suit his needs, driving an entire group of friends against each other... I'm a sucker for emotions and drama, so when my character does something that literally makes me feel anxious in real life, that's a good sign, believe it or not!

What's one thing Malice can't leave the house without and why?
Honestly, he doesn't need anything. Having lived many years in the 10th Layer of Hell, he doesn't carry around things, as they can be easily taken away from him or lost when he dies and is reborn. All he really ever needs is his magic abilities.

Does Malice want a happy ending?
To be honest, even I'm not sure exactly what he wants. Perhaps he just wants to see people suffer. Perhaps he wants to feel power over others. Perhaps he just wants to feel good. Perhaps he yearns for his time in Hell to be over. It's honestly hard to say what his motivation is other than just being malicious and preserving himself.

How does Malice want to be remembered when they die?
Probably as the biggest and baddest villain of all. I'm sure he'd love nothing more than to die for good as a legend in the ranks of Hell that everyone fears. Unfortunately, that is NOT where he stands in the hierarchy. Also, double unfortunately, it's Hell, so he can't really die.

What was the moment you realized Malice was one of your favorite characters?
It's hard to say! A lot of his RP interactions have happened a really long time ago. I'd say when I started rteally fleshing out his personality more. When I first concieved him, he was going to be way different than he is, now. Far tamer. Originally, he was going to be sort of a misguided soul who was so obsessed with this idea of chasing happiness that he would not stop to achieve whatever goal he had in mind. Fancy someone? Mold yourself into a charming personality. Someone starts flirting with your girl? Stop at nothing to get them off your tail. Getting bullied? Blow them all up so you can finally be at ease. That's what he was going to be at first, but then he morphed into this malicious, evil-spirited person who got pleasure from seeing others suffer, even at his own expense. Even now I'm working on ways he can be more manipulative, gain more trust, and break more hearts.

Probably all of them. The seven deadly sins are basically his personality traits. Greedy, gluttonous, lustful, wrathful, envious, slothful, but probably more prideful than anything. His ego can be his downfall at times... But then when he does fall, it's all wrath from there.

I'm not so sure Malice has "good" traits, lolol. Though he is extremely slippery. He knows the right things to say to get what he wants, and the right exits to take when his plans do eventually backfire.

How exactly does a demon from the "100th layer of Hell" receive a name like Jacob? That's the part most of us probably want to know about. I assume in his own personal canon (which you drag across multiple platforms) demons are people who go to hell?

I do get a rise out of humanized demons with human needs, motives and agendas. Probably the most over-used, under-played characters in all of role playing.

I'm debating on sharing one of my demon characters now. They are one of my big red buttons in terms of RP and characters.

How exactly does a demon from the "100th layer of Hell" receive a name like Jacob? That's the part most of us probably want to know about. I assume in his own personal canon (which you drag across multiple platforms) demons are people who go to hell?

I do get a rise out of humanized demons with human needs, motives and agendas. Probably the most over-used, under-played characters in all of role playing.

I'm debating on sharing one of my demon characters now. They are one of my big red buttons in terms of RP and characters.
Lol! Yep. Jacob.

Okay, so... basically, Hell is entirely comprised of demons. When a human dies and goes to Hell, they're transformed upon death into a type of demon that's chosen for them by unknown means. So when I say that Malice's name used to be Jacob, I'm referring to his mortal life. When he went to Hell, obviously he'd get pushed around a LOT for a name like Jacob, so he ditched it and now goes by Malice. He's lucky enough to even have a name, most of the folks who go to Hell don't have that privilege.

Feel free to share any characters. :)

This is one of my demon characters. One of the only ones I have ever played. After playing it, I didn't see a need to play any other. It will be difficult to fill out this questionnaire for it, because it's a demon. It has no physical form in which to fully occupy the mortal realm. It has very few human characteristics, motives, or associations. This is a grass roots, purist demon character (a demon, not a quasi-human vessel to wield a set of ghastly powers) inspired by real demonology (biblical lore), with some fiction tossed in to create a basis for the character.

Who is your OC?
One of only a handful of demonic entities that inhabit what you could think of as one half of the "spirit realm." Ancient beings, each representing one nefarious aspect of sentient nature. As ancient entities of this "spirit ream", they give themselves no name, and no mortals have been able to study or document them enough to give them names. For the purpose of this thread, we'll call it by the thing it represents, and that is Deceit. Any notable physical form - even within the "spirit realm" - is always of a chaotic, unsettling, or terrifying nature. This reflects the chaotic nature of their existence and cognitive process. When a form is taken in the mortal realm in order to interact with victims, it favors chaotic shapes and figures leaking from preexisting shadows cast upon walls or any other area. When merely toying with prey, and not interacting, it favors the forms of feral, raggedy black dogs, old noisy crows, and sickly rodents. All of these however, are merely hallucinations experienced by the intended victim and the intended victim alone.

Edward Matthews
Writing Deceit required me to play a human character as well. Someone who could be a catalyst for the demon and do its footwork. A demon's greatest weapon is manipulation and the power of suggestion. The ability to make a person destroy themselves and those around them using only words. If they simply possess the person, it's not their fault, but the demon's fault.

Edward's backstory was the loss of his beloved wife, Olivia. After a night out and a few drinks on Edward's part (not nearly enough to impair him), they were driving home with Edward behind the wheel. He wasn't drunk, but he wasn't paying enough attention to the road to see the oncoming truck nudge out of its lane and into theirs. The resulting accident took Olivia's life on impact. He didn't know how to live without her, and fell apart, blaming himself for her death despite all evidence to the contrary (it was the other drive's fault, but it was just murky enough to leave room for him to damage himself). This left him in the perfect condition to be visited by Deceit, who used his guilt coupled with the promise of being reunited with Olivia to severely manipulate him.

Something like six months. Can't recall exactly how long the RP lasted.

My friend Sammy had been playing a character named Phoebe. She had lost her eight year old daughter, Tabitha to cancer. Long set up short, the actions of Edward left her so broken and vulnerable, that she was primed to be manipulated by Deceit. She was one of only three characters who ever interacted with the demon. We did a scene where the demon visited her, mimicking the voice of Tabitha in order to fully break her and create a subject willing to do its bidding. She sold that scene to perfection. Characters breaking down into a complete and utter sobbing mess is something I always struggled to read and write. It just always seems like it's a bit too dramatic or not enough to really get the point across in written form. She wrote it with such perfection that it reduced most of us to a sobbing mess. It stopped the RP dead for about two days. I recall her sending me a private message, terrified that it was too over the top and had turned us all off. I had to reassure her that it was in fact the exact opposite, that they probably needed time to process it and work even harder moving forward. I needed time to process myself before following up. I mean it was just the most powerful, moving post I have ever read. Even though I was the one playing the demon that was mimicking her daughter, I did not see it coming, and I was not ready.

N/A

As a demon, its only agenda is chaos, and the corruption and suffering of human souls. On a personal level it really has no concept of an ending, or a happy one.

As a demonic entity, it is incapable of dying, and those who become aware of its existence don't live to remember it for long.

When the RP ended and we could all decompress and really sit back to appreciate what we had done. I realized this was one hell of a personal accomplishment. I also want to shout out to the team I had for that one, as well. It took the entire story and every character involved to pull it off and make it special. Luckily there were no snowflakes coming at me with, "I think my character should come out of it in a good place," or, "What if my character found a way to beat the demon," crap. They were great sports who understood the project from square one.

Deception, and it affects its victims in profoundly horrific, tragic ways. Deceit preys upon vulnerability, selling empty promises to control its victims, using their own decisions and will to destroy them and those around them.

From its own perspective deception would be its best trait, but I'm answering objectively. It has no good traits, it's a demon, lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back