Teatime Chats

It's very, very unfortunate that the HP's are kind of a mess at this point. I too had been hoping and looking forward to getting a HP online and running smoothly, but now I will have to find a different way to go about it.
But I do understand that going from platform to platform means things'll be different, and that things can't instantly work perfectly for everyone. It's quite a feat already what they did manage to accomplish. After all, a lot more things could have gone a lot more wrong while setting a site over from platform to platform. So I get it, first make sure the basic functions are all there, and then work out the more complex and in depth details that people have grown to love.
After all, if we had never had the opportunity to even get a brief taste of the HP's, we honestly wouldn't have missed them. But after having been privileged enough to have experienced that, we kinda got spoiled. Myself very much included.
So as much as the current situation bums me out, I have high hopes and faith in what the future'll bring. Or better put, what the admins and coders will be able to bring forth within a foreseeable time. :)

For now, I'm sure we'll manage and cope with what's given. And given the magnitude of this RP (lore wise at least) I personally have confidence that this RP will still remain eligible to remain an HP. So we'll stand the test of time. All of us will :D

Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart sorry I was finishing my character before the site shut down but I've been having a hard time in my current classes. I'm so behind. I wish to still join but I'm one of the slower people:/

Also, I can explain all the above to you once I get off work since moderator and all

Welcome back! The GM made an announcement a while back on character acceptances- I think the Prince of Greedo spot might still be open, but I think they have a few applicants for that, so you might want to DM them about it.

I had made a princess but I'll look into it

Yeah, I think Wiznibs (the other GM) commented on your topic? Def look into that. I know this RP is pretty detailed in how it wants characters presented and such, since there's limited royal slots it's not exactly first come first serve.

The GMs here don't go with first-come first-serve, instead they review everything and then choose the one that fits best or is the most versatile. It is one of the reasons why it took a while before a final decision was made.
Since the CS' are supposed to be PM'd (as per rules) it was near impossible to know who all had applied already. In this case there were at least a total of 3 applications for the same position. No doubt it must have been a difficult choice.
So it's unfortunate you didn't get this position for your guy, but maybe you can indeed rework it into a prince's position?

The GMs here don't go with first-come first-serve, instead they review everything and then choose the one that fits best or is the most versatile. It is one of the reasons why it took a while before a final decision was made.
Since the CS' are supposed to be PM'd (as per rules) it was near impossible to know who all had applied already. In this case there were at least a total of 3 applications for the same position. No doubt it must have been a difficult choice.
So it's unfortunate you didn't get this position for your guy, but maybe you can indeed rework it into a prince's position?

Whenever I feel like going around there, then I'll consider it. Right now there's a low possibility. Never really speculated with the first come business, however I've understood their memo many days ago.

But likewise, I don't really care, its just something to do. Easily to get back into.

Yeah, I think Wiznibs (the other GM) commented on your topic? Def look into that. I know this RP is pretty detailed in how it wants characters presented and such, since there's limited royal slots it's not exactly first come first serve.

Impossible to see the comment, as its clearly out of my reach.

I'll probably go back and mess with coding a few more times until I'm happier with how it looks but the information is at least fully complete and posted~ Waiting on posting the placeholders for the journal and relationships sections because site updates have bungled things. I'm really excited to join you guys!

We'd like to welcome Ilry the Dark Sage Ilry the Dark Sage as our Prince of Greedo! Feel free to update your CS into the Guest Rooms, and if possible get in contact with Aster Aster to start finalizing your family and country lore.

Again, for those whose characters were not accepted feel free to repurpose them if you would like, as the RP will remain open and accepting forever.

I'll be updating my own CS soon, there is a certain wizard at my house right now so I haven't been able to take the time to go through it. Also Klaus got deleted in the update but I saved him off site heheheh so thank the Gods for that. I lost the ability to edit large portions of the RP in the update so we're going to have to deal with a lot of wonkiness until we can prove we've stood the test of time lol. But for now just reach out to people, keep stamping out that lore, and we'll have more concrete word on the future of the RP soon.

Ah, I didn't make the cut. :closedeyescryingfrown: Life is no longer worth living. Actually that's probably a good thing, though, as I happened to join a handful of other rps while waiting for the whole character application thing to pan out, and considering the level of skill it takes to get around here I'm not sure I would've managed with everything else I've gotten into waiting. I might come back some time, though, once I get my other things handled. Until then, I'd like to bid you all adieu. May this whole thing live long and prosper.

Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart I have permission to if you want to make it in a word document and have me copy and paste. I know that sucks, but there is a glitch causing people to not have the right permissions, yet. You do have me, though, and I would be happy to help since I sort of suck with your time schedule

ParadoxalPaladin ParadoxalPaladin wizard nibblers wizard nibblers @Lady Ravenshade @Ranulf01 The Succubi Queen The Succubi Queen DemonKitten DemonKitten Olissa Olissa Unwavering Knight Unwavering Knight Orikanyo Orikanyo Aster Aster Renn Skye Renn Skye Rapror Augustine Rapror Augustine Ilry the Dark Sage Ilry the Dark Sage Peppermint Patty Peppermint Patty
(Hopefully that's everyone since we no longer have a hand-dandy 'members' list that I can find anyways)

I almost forgot about these things but they'll come in handy as we go through the awks stage. So this is kind of a filler / test. But anyways, a small bit of good news is that now with Sound Cloud once more supported by the site, I can reveal something I've been working on for the past couple months and I'm personally excited about. This time around the RP will have its own score! Which means we'll be dropping some mad tunes into important NPC posts that you can choose to play while you read with indicators on where to start the music. Of course you don't have to make use of this feature if you don't want to, but I have put waaay more hours than any man should going through endless music files to come up with a soundboard, so I hope it will enhance the overall experience. :3 Of course anyone else can feel free to add music to their posts as well, though I think songs without lyrics would be best. Have also been working on a few fancy coding things that may one day see the light of day on this site but we'll see...

The bad news is now that I finally got a bit of time to look through what we have to work with...well, the way we set up the old version of this Hosted Project has really come to bite us in the ass as the blocks carried over but the permissions did not. Whoooops. As mentioned before it's impossible for us to go back and edit our old posts (minus character sheets). Not only that but.....I just realized the IC is impossible to post into! Which kind of...defeats the purpose of RPing, lol. So we're likely going to have to create a new one of those, which luckily it looks like we have the ability to do. We also cannot delete or hide posts. But basically all of the information seems to be available and legible, which is the most important thing. The only thing to watch out for is misinformation, such as old dates or characters that aren't accepted, ect. Speaking of which, are there any finished characters that haven't been officially approved by the GMs? I think we got everyone, but if we missed something let us know. And if there are any other problems you guys notice, please bring them to our attention so we can figure out a workaround asap.

I'm still trying to be optimistic about the site updates, so as for now I think we'll leave until March 29th as the deadline for filling out lore for the Guidebook ( specifically pertaining to @Ranulf01 Renn Skye Renn Skye Aster Aster and Ilry the Dark Sage Ilry the Dark Sage and lol myself of course =coughs=), and figuring out any past relationships between the royals. That means the RP should (finally) drop sometime that weekend. We still have to recode the Journals but that doesn't mean you can't start thinking about it and reaching out to people. And I promise to have my sheets fixed and Klaus up as soon as I stop playing tourguide this weekend. :p

And a friendly reminder that the 'Political Gossip' Thread is still up and running. It's mostly just an empty forum if you want to jerk around any plot / lore ideas with everyone else in the RP, as opposed to small private schemes carried out in the shady back alleyways of PMs. No question / ideas is too small, or too silly! If anything Wiznibs and I talk waay too much about not just our characters, but their countries and how the leaders would react to different scenarios. But that's just us and we're losers with no lives.

Other than that, have a swagiggity weekend and see you all on the flip side. B)

...so theres no way to post in the IC....

gr8 upd8 RPn, r8 8/8 m8

xD Well it's partially our fault for locking the forum. And then the lock carried over the update, but now we have no way to remove it.
have you brought this to the attention of the staff?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back