• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Name, Age:
Bryony Nakashima, 28

House, Role:
Gryffindor, Auror Taskforce leader
Pet, Patronus:
None, swift

Wand:
Ash, ten inches, supple, dragon heartstring

With: [No one]
Mood: [Brooding]

Bryony Nakashima was sitting in her office, staring at the wall. On it was a map of Britain with innumerable lines, pins, markings and even newspaper cutouts. To the average passerby, it would seem like utter gibberish, but to Bryony it made perfect sense. Every few moments, she would jot down some notes on the piece of parchment sitting in her lap, then return to her contemplation of the wall. She frowned hard at it, muttering under her breath, clearly trying to come to some conclusion. The lines and markings and clippings represented Phalanx activity- anywhere they had struck or been believed to strike, anywhere evidence had indicated they might target or could be staying, anywhere Amarta Graedig was ever known to have been or thought to be.

Bryony had been tracking all of this for weeks now, desperately trying to find a pattern or some kind of plan, but the group's activities seemed to be random. Bryony suspected that this was done deliberately, in order to foil the Aurors currently on their tail. She ground her teeth in frustration- over a month, and nothing to show for her taskforce's investigation! It was infuriating. They could never predict where or what the Phalanx would strike next, and whenever they did find something it was always a safehouse or warehouse that had long-since been abandoned by the group. Trying to identify its members had been equally impossible, even though clearly some of them had to be current Ministry employees as they could not otherwise have had access to the information that they did.

The whole thing was maddening, and Bryony was beginning to worry that this failure would be attached to her henceforth if she didn't start delivering some results soon. She let out a long sigh and turned away from the wall, trying to re-center herself and not dwell on maudlin thoughts. It's only been a month, she reminded herself. Pulling a different piece of parchment across her desk to her, she gave a strained smile. It was good that she was being given more manpower to deal with the issue, but it grated on her that this was also a veiled way to tell her that her current team wasn't cutting it. She re-read the parchment informing her about the two new members for what seemed like the umpteenth time.

Her team was solid, she felt. Alastair was competent and loyal, Hamadou was talented and experienced, James was serious and dedicated and Oliver, though a definite oddball who drove Bryony crazy most of the time, was remarkably gifted. She was quite satisfied with them but, if she was being perfectly honest, she knew it would probably help her to have more wands on the taskforce, considering what they were up against. She glanced at the sheet again. Rhiannon was notoriously ambitious, but Bryony had had an opportunity to work with her before on a previous case and she respected the witch's work ethic and strong skills. Malfoy, on the other hand, was young and inexperienced, having only been an Auror for a year, and Bryony had a strong suspicion he'd only been assigned as a result of his family connections, which she did not appreciate. Both he and Rhiannon had a tendency to be arrogant and rub people the wrong way, and she worried that they would cause problems and not fit in well with the rest of the team.

Bryony glanced at the clock on her wall, which indicated the time as well as the current location of her family members. Alastair was still out doing research, but she expected he would be back at the Ministry fairly soon. Rokurou was conspicuously absent. She sighed again and turned back to her wall, returning to her previous contemplation as she waited for her team to report in.

Where are you... she thought with a frown. If they didn't find a trail to follow, and soon, the Phalanx would surely strike again, and god only knew who would get hurt this time.

OOC: Time for the Aurors to get their groove on ;P

Last edited:

Name, Age:
Rashaad Travers, 42 years old
House, Role:
Ravenclaw alum., Professor of The Study of Ancient Runes
Small Rashaad.png

Pet, Patronus:
Pet: Lionhead rabbit named Owen, Patronus: wyvvern
Wand:
Hornbeam wood, 11 inches, dragon heartstring, inflexible

With: no one
Mood: Frustrated

You know, when he had taken this job, he had thought it would be easy. Simple. Something anyone anywhere could do. But no. This was ridiculous. Why did he have to redecorate the classroom every year? Wasn't last year's good enough? Not according to his twin. "Screw you, Fakhir. You send me all this crap when I don't need it." He grumbled under his breath even as he put up the new posters his twin had made just for him. Sure, they had all of the Anglian futhark runes on them, but that didn't mean he had to add more of this. He already had the more obscure Early and Teutonic runes posters he had made last year. Not that he would tell Fakhir that he had actually appreciated them. No, his twin would know and suffer the complaints.

Professor Rashaad Travers was about to enter his tenth year of teaching at Hogwarts. The beginning had been easy and things with the students weren't bad. But bureaucracy was idiotic at best. Having to redecorate and redo his room for the best and most positive learning from his students? Nonsense. But Fakhir said it would work and make it easier this year, so he would try it. At least he knew who to blame if it crashed and burned. He sighed and looked over at Owen, the rabbit. At least life was simpler for him. He checked the runes on the cage and rewrote the thurisaz over the eihwaz next to the elhaz. Inguz stood still while othala seemed to be teeming with extra power today. He glanced at the calendar and nodded. Tonight, they would arrive. Six hours before the opening feast with hundreds of brats. Fine. He'd get this crap done before then.

At least the house elves had finally learned to let him do everything himself. He was independent and didn't need then to set up for him. The cleaning after classes? That was valuable stuff. They could set up his bedroom, his office, the rest of his life for all he cared, but his classroom was his. Not to mention the runes he places around the classroom and on each desk was helpful to him abnd the students. If they thought he knew everything that went on in the classroom, it very well better be because he did.

OOC: Just imagine every third word being a curse of some sort and you'll have Rashaad Travers perfectly down. Anyone who wants to deal with Professor Grumpypants is welcome to.

Name, Age:
Eden Dumount
Seventeen Years Old)

House, Role:
(Hufflepuff - Badger,
7th Year)
images

Pet, Patronus:
(Asiatic Toad - Artie the daper toad
Wild Rabbit - wild, free, healer)

Wand:
(Alder - wood for a cheerful lass
Unicorn hair - Faithful and pure
Quite Flexible - A willingness to go with the flow
15'' - tall and awkward like it's owner
Ollivander - the best)

With: [Kat Triforce Triforce ]
Mood: [Warm & Excited]

The subtle way the train rocked would have made the girl jumpy. But she knew that feeling- the movement of the train was eager wizards filing on. Her eyes found their way to the window but she couldn't see much on the other side. Just the even bars of metal tracks and wooden planks in the middle. She wore her contacts but the vision before her got blurry as if she was not. Frightened, she reached up and realized her eyes glossed over with unshed tears. Tears of happiness to once again be on her way to Hogwarts and tears of memories gone by on that very train. She blinked a few times to clear up those heartfelt memories and she was just in time. A voice called her name and in a surprised jerk of her head, she almost felt the tears come back as the image of Kat came into view. She had not changed much at all in the summer they were away from each other. Her face seemed smaller surrounded by thick, fluffy curls of golden blonde hair. Her warm chocolate-colored eyes wrinkled at the sides as her usual large grin overtook her rosy pink lips. She brought in the familiar scent of the sunshine she was just in as well as the colorful smells of her happy, but full home. The gold and red truly suited her well and Eden found it impossible to not melt to her charms. She grinned back as the small slip of a woman came forward for a hug. She embraced her close, tightly as she often did, enjoying the feeling of companionship once again. She often wondered what it would be like to have brothers or sisters- if they were anything like Kat, she would be entirely too lucky. Their height difference was almost comical really. Even sitting next to one another in the train compartment, you could tell that Eden was much taller than her horizontally challenged friend. Still, they were the closest trio in Hogwarts- in Eden's eyes at least.

It took her a moment to take in the excited words of her friend when she spoke. Kat had often found herself running late no matter what the occasion. Smiling, Eden spoke to her friend. "Oh, Kat, I missed you dearly. Your writings in the summer truly brought me such warmth. Really, but having you here is twenty times better. I was worried about you being on time- I was wondering if I should have given you a ring at your house but I figured you always found a way to get here. But you know, Milo won't be joining us here this year. He has a responsibility now that he is the prefect. He is there with all the new students." Her eyes took on a glossy appearance thinking about those new students who will need guidance. "He probably is already on the train..." Her voice seemed a little distant. She yearned to see her friend Milo as much as she loved seeing Kat. They have been pretty close since she was sorted into Hufflepuff. Reflexively, she tucked some stray blonde curls behind Kat's delicate ear before speaking again. "A party? Won't you get in trouble? Again? I guess... well it is our last year. I think I would like to join." She was very self-conscious of her long limbs and scrawny frame. She often avoided large gatherings that mixed all the houses. She felt more comfortable with her fellow badgers but it was time for her to do something different. Something new. "I mean someone has to be there to make sure you don't get into too much trouble."

OOC: Sorry for the wait! Chaos Crew!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Name, Age:
Anori Auiak, 113

House, Role:
Slytherin, Charms teacher
Pet, Patronus:
Pogrebin, crow

Wand:
Dogwood, nine inches, unbending, river serpent horn

a
With: [Rashaad]
Mood: [Enjoying herself]

When Anori arrived in her classroom, she was delighted to see that it was spotless; the House-elves had clearly already been there. Her office was much the same- perfectly clean and well-organized. She set to work decorating both rooms, arranging and reorganizing new books and objects she'd picked up over the summer. She danced around the room, twirling her wand as objects levitated around her, placing themselves on shelves or attaching themselves to the walls. The Charms teacher thoroughly enjoyed doing this at the start of each new term, and was grinning broadly as she worked.

She reflected on the evolution of the House-elves' attitude towards her over the years. At first, they'd been nervous to come remotely near her or enter her rooms. Even though Anori was only a half-vampire, a creature such as herself did survive by drinking the blood of other living beings. She could (and did) eat food, of course, but only blood would sustain her life and her youth. Historically speaking, half-vampire wizards who had a good standing in society tended to be rich, able to afford large mansions with (you guessed it) House-elves and, traditionally, those elves were their masters' vampiric food source as well as their servants, so it was understandable that they would be nervous around her.

Eventually though, they came to realize and understand that they were in absolutely no danger from the diminutive professor, and her bubbly and friendly nature eventually won them over. They are now on quite pleasant terms, and aren't remotely afraid of going into her rooms (though new House-elves often need to have the situation explained to them when they arrive at Hogwarts). When she had first applied for the position, she'd been relieved that Headmistress McGonagall had treated her with courtesy, respect, and a mind as open as that of her predecessor- the legendary Dumbledore. She'd asked many questions of the (seemingly) young girl, addressing the obvious issues about the nature of her condition and how it might affect her teaching there.

Satisfied with the replies, she'd agreed to let Anori teach, and she'd enthusiastically taken over as the new Charms instructor. Aside from having the classroom in perpetual shadow and having certain dietary needs, Anori was much like any other in the castle. She taught her classes with style and boundless energy and was quite popuar with the students, even though her ancestry was essentially common knowledge throughout the school. Every term there was at least one first-year student who demanded to see her fangs and get reassurance that she didn't go around preying on students in the middle of the night. To this, Anori would always reply

"Do you believe professor McGonagall would have allowed me to remain here and teach all these years if I were a danger to anyone?"

That usually did the trick, though Anori's claim that she wasn't a danger to anyone was only half-true. Yes, she didn't prey on the House-elves or anyone else at Hogwarts- anymore. But in her long life prior to taking up her teaching post it was true that she had survived on human blood. Luckily for everyone, she no longer did so, as her continued employment was conditional on it.

When she was done setting up her office and classroom, she decided to go pay Rashaad a visit. The Ancient Runes teacher was probably setting up his own classroom by now, and she figured she'd go say hi and offer to lend a hand. When she arrived at his classroom, he was busy putting up the posters his brother made for and sent him every year.

"Hey Rash," she called brightly. "Fun summer? Go anywhere interesting?"

She started levitating posters around the room- half to be helpful, and half to be annoying.

OOC: Behold the bubbly vampire!

Name, Age:
Lynda Chalks, 46
House, Role:
Ravenclaw, Teacher of Arithmancy
letöltés.jpg

Pet, Patronus:
A white rat called Chief, Fox
Wand:
Cedal, 9 inches, smooth and straight, White River Monster Spine, Quintana

With: nobody,|Rashaad( Triforce Triforce ) & Anori( Ayama Ayama )
Mood: Neutral

"7A7A7A7A"-said Lynda quietly to herself as she making her way to the seventh floor. As she was walking up the stairs she fought- I hope this year nothing's going to happen. I just want a year, where there's peace and happiness, where I can teach the kids without the fear, that me or them are going to die probably. The kids...I hope I've got some really shiny stars this year, because I am absolutely sure, that the students who study arithmancy are less, than any other subject's student count. I don't know why...I know, that a lot of people don't like maths, but don't they wanna know who they are? Well, I can only hope that this year's going to be different.-Chief, her white rat warned Lynda ,that she passed the 7A room by a lonshot, because she was that lost in her mind.

She slowly found the door. It wasn't very much, but what can you do. Small interest, small space, large knowledge and rationality is what you can find here.
-Well, here goes nothing-she proceeded to open the door, and BOOM... a normal classroom. The good thing about Arithmancy is that you don't need a lot of stuff for it. You need your mind, and the book to draw conclusions from. And that's it. That's all you need. Chief squeaks-"You hungry little boy."-Lynda smiles, as she reaches inside of her robe's pocket, to pull out a whole package of meat fo' rats, and slowly, bit-by-bit gives it to Chief. Lynda sees that everything's all right, and now, she proceeds to turn a full 180, and close the door behind her.

-I wonder where Rashaad is... Oh, I know...Probably where he always is...in his classroom. Well, better get going there.-when she arrived at the front of the door, she peeked inside, and saw that Anori was there too, alongside Rashaad. She swiftly stepped in -without any hesitation- and said-"Hello, everyone, it's nice to see you too again!"

OOC: The mind witch has cometh to live

Name, Age:
Webster Faunchild, 11
House, Role:
Gryffindor 1st-year student
webster.jpg

Pet, Patronus:
Golden silk orb weaver spider | Acromantula
Wand:
Pine, 14'', very flexible, unicorn hair, Olivander

With: ]Kat ( Triforce Triforce ) and Eden ( RaynieTaco RaynieTaco )
Mood: Nervous

Webster is a bit nervous, lugging his trunk full of items through the train. It had been hard to tell Mother and Father goodbye, but he'd done it, albeit with some tears, and now he was here. Hogwarts. It was a wonderful thought, going to the school where Elizabella Faunchild and Daedalus McCanic had studied and fallen in love, before becoming the amazing, successful wizards that would make him. Webster wanted to be just like his parents, through and through. But the idea of being away from them for so long... He didn't like it. But they'd write him every week! And with that thought to steel himself, he opened a compartment door.

"Hey, uh... Is this compartment full? He asked, feeling kinda awkward. He wasn't the most socialized child out there, after all. 'Oh god, what if they hate me?!' He swallowed hard, trying to listen to Anansi's whispered advice, from her hiding spot in his hair. However, Anansi was a spider, and her solution was to be himself... and bite them if they were mean. Not exactly helpful.

OOC: My very first rp post on here w o o

Name, Age:
Rashaad Travers, 42 years old

House, Role:
Ravenclaw alum., Professor of The Study of Ancient Runes
Small Rashaad.png

Pet, Patronus:
Pet: Lionhead rabbit named Owen, Patronus: wyvvern
Wand:
Hornbeam wood, 11 inches, dragon heartstring, inflexible

With: Anori ( Ayama Ayama ) & Lynda ( TheHoboKingdev TheHoboKingdev )

Rashaad blinked as his classroom peace was interrupted. "The hell?" He grumbled as he turned around to face the newcomer. Anori Auiak, annoyance and badass supreme. He gestured his own wand at her and frowned. "Don't you have someone else you could be bothering, you brat? Or maybe setting up your own classroom? Drinking the blood of innocents?" He smirked, not meaning anything harsh or rude by his comments but joking in his own fashion. His humor wasn't the kind every person understood right away, but Professor Auiak had spent more than enough time with him in the past to know he meant well by his comments.

He blinked as his classroom was invaded once more, this time by Lynda Chalks. She was less upbeat than Anori, but then again, the vampire was impossible to beat.
"Is this a damn free for all now? You too? Conspiring against me. Well, my summer was nice and quiet. Wrote some stuff, published an article, ate a few small children, and was left alone." He offered in answer to Anori's earlier question. He glanced at Lynda and raised an eyebrow. He wasn't usually this popular on the first day. Or really ever, if he thought about it. He'd seriously answer the question after they answered themselves, if they wanted to know. Half the fun was in the ridiculous story he could make for them. The students believed his stories half the time. "And your summers? Went home, lit things on fire, mocked tiny children and the like?"

OOC: Professor Grumpypants, at your service. I had some issues with the coding but I think I've fixed it now.

Name, Age:
Shaun Shelton, 17

House, Role:
Slytherin, First-Year
lol.jpg
Pet, Patronus:
Barn Owl (Eamon), Elk (Patronus)

Wand:
Laurel, Unicorn Hair, 14 1/2 inches, Suprisingly Swishy, O'Dillans

Mood: Excited

When he arrived at Kings Cross station Shaun had known exactly what to do to get to the Hogwarts train platform. He had read what he was supposed to do in Hogwarts: A History by Bathilda Bagshot, Wizards had very odd names, like the kind of thing you might see in a children's book. But that was besides the point, this was real, and just as odd as the names. When Shaun and his parents were first informed that he was a wizard it was quite a shock. But that was besides everything. After hugging his parents goodbye Shaun ran into the pillar between platforms 9 and 10. The whole area was buzzing with activity. Holding his owl closely he jumped onto the train. Looking through the compartments he found compartment 3 empty except for another kid reading TinTin. Sitting on the opposite set of seats he pulled out his copy of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and began casually flipping through it. After a few minutes he decided to speak, still in his book. "Good Mornin, I'm Shaun, whats your name?" Still feeling awkward from the earlier excitement he kept reading while waiting for a response.

OOC:

Last edited:

Name, Age:
Evelyn Whitehouse, 12
House, Role:
Gryffindor, First-year
blonde-girl-fantasy-art-m2-1280x2120 (1).jpg
Pet, Patronus:
None, Red kite
Wand:

7 inches, Holly wood, Unicorn hair

With: Kat ( Triforce Triforce ), Eden ( RaynieTaco RaynieTaco ) And Webster ( LucianosRps LucianosRps )

Mood: Tierd and Playfull

Evelyn pulled the black cap down her head, eyeing the increasing number of owls filing into the station. What train lets you bring owls aboard? Weirdos. She sighed, taking another sip from her lukewarm coffee. She pulled the sheet of paper out from her hoodie pocket, reading the slightly faded writing for the fifth time in the last ten minutes. 9 and ¾ , that certainly explains the wall. She watched as a rather extravagant looking family disappeared into the brick wall, the bustling crowds around them paying no attention. She let out a loud groan as she slipped back into the cold metal chair, rubbing her eyes.

Calling the last few days insane was the understatement of the decade. Evelyn was not a ‘easy' child to say the least. She fought the system tooth and nail every step of the way, having planted her feet a long time ago. Most places gave up, throwing her into the care of anyone but them. This being the case, she learnt quite quickly that no one gave a damn, and she was in it for herself, and her alone. She was content with living her life as she was, never stopping, never slowing down, running head first until she crashed and burnt up in a blaze of glory. That was until a strange looking man found her hiding in a library. She was sceptical at first, as anyone would expect of a 12 year old girl, but after she was greeted by a little white rabbit, bouncing around on the air itself, she decided to bite the bullet, listen to the crazy man telling her she was special.

Evelyn pulled at the backpack by her side. It was all in there, everything she owned stuffed into a bag. It was still a bit if a wild concept, a whole world living in and amongst normal people, wizards performing magic completely unseen. Well, don’t want to miss my train, police might find me this time. She chuckled to herself, pulling the bag onto her shoulders and disappearing into the crowded train platform.

Stepping onto the train, it really drove home the fact she really was in a different world. The colours, the sounds, the way people dressed. Evelyn was in no way a shy person, quite the opposite in fact, but being flung head first into somewhere as bizarre as this would leave anyone feeling a little vulnerable. Walking through the hallway, she could feel the eyes. She pulled her cap down lower, ducking into the closest compartment to her left.

“Sorry, hope I’m not intruding on anything.” She remarked, looking around at the conversation she’d blatantly interrupted. She sat down, pressing her back into the corner of the compartment. Her eyes showed a hint of excitement as she noticed the body language of the fellow first year in the compartment. “What your name, Mr nervous?” she asked casually, sliding the backpack off her shoulders.

Name, Age:
Rin Lavesier, 11

House, Role:
1st Year Slytherin
Rin Ref.jpg
Pet, Patronus:
Bengal cat named Midna, Ocelot

Wand:
Dogwood wood with a unicorn hair core, 14 ½", surprisingly swishy

With: Elliott ( cremenebula cremenebula ) & Tommy ( onyeenhok onyeenhok )
Mood: Calm

Rin sighed as she looked around the station. Sure, Uncle Josiah had apparated the pair there, but it was hardly any use to her. He had immediately disappeared after pointing out the barrier just behind a shop. She didn't know where to sit or what to do once she got on the train. Quite rude of him indeed, but she had expected it. Honestly, the fool should have at least given her some direction as to which compartments were better than others. He had attended when he and her father were young. But her father was dead, Uncle Josiah never cared, and he likely never would. She should get over it and move on. Eleven years old was quite grown and she had Midna with her as always. Her familiar would care for her. She always did and always would.

She gathered her trunk, equipped with a featherlight charm of course, and headed through the barrier at King's Cross. The St Pancras station was hardly much to look at, but it was what it was. Muggles bustling here and there, families greeting and departing both near the apparition point and elsewhere. At least platform 9 and 3/4 was not difficult to navigate through and the nearby shops meant a girl leaning against the wall was hardly noticeable as she fell through. The scarlet engine greeted her, Hogwarts Express labeled clearly across her side. There were already plenty of people around and enough of a distraction for her to move quietly through the crowd, alone as she was.

Here goes...first year at Hogwarts. She thought quietly to herself. This was the train, at the correct station. Ravenclaw, here I come. Studious, thirst for knowledge. That's exactly what I want. I'm going to make a name for myself and be who I'm supposed to be now. She nodded and headed into the train, glancing around for a sign of an empty compartment to steal. Or perhaps make a friend, whichever came first. She came to a compartment with two people inside. She knocked softly and waited before entering. Inside was an older student and someone who looked like a first year, but it wasn't as though she knew any one here at Hogwarts.

"Do you mind if I join you in your compartment?" She asked as she looked at the two. Midna seemed curious about the other cat, at least. Nothing bad so far.

OOC: Have a Rin. Adjusted for Tommy.

Last edited:

Name, Age:
Rhiannon Abel, 29

House, Role:
Slytherin, Auror
Pet, Patronus:
Raven, Runespoor

Wand:
Hawthorn, 13”, fairly flexible, phoenix feather, unknown maker

With:Bryony
Mood:Anxious

Rhiannon smiled as she walked through the front doors of the ministry, the familiar building a refreshing sight. She had been on mandatory leave for a few weeks after obtaining a rather serious injury while on her last assignment. She had gotten too ambitious and took an unneeded risk, sticking her neck out resulting in her nearly being permanently put out of commission. A small piece of her had been certain in that moment that she wouldn't see the light of day again, but thankfully she made it through. She had spent the last three weeks beating herself up over her mistake. She was better than that recklessness, and she had been an Auror long enough to know better.

The blonde's thoughts turned to her newest assignment. It was her first day back and she was already being sent to join Bryony's team, apparently the higher-ups weren't seeing enough progress in the case. Rhiannon had met Bryony a few times before, working together on an assignment years prior. She didn't mind the other witch and held a fair amount of respect toward her, she was smart and capable and Rhiannon had no doubt that she led an efficient task force.

Once she arrived at Bryony's office Rhiannon took a moment to get her thoughts in order, even though she new little about the situation at hand she didn't want to seem uncapable in the eyes of her new leader. She took a quick breath before knocking on the door, waiting a moment for an answer before entering.

"Good morning. Sorry I'm a bit late, it's been a bit challenging to get back onto my previous schedule."

OOC:

Name, Age:
Leonardo “Leo” Rosier

House, Role:
Slytherin 1st year
fc.jpg
Pet, Patronus:

Claw is a one eyed black cat with gray fur on his paws, Leo's Patronous is a Pengquin
Wand:
Larch Wood Unicorn tail hair core 13” quite bendy made Ollivander in his final batch of wands

With: Hye ( Ayama Ayama )
Mood: Comfortably Excited

Coming from the family he did Leo had expected his acceptance letter into Hogwarts though he did not expect how he’d feel about it. Leo was excited to rejoin the wizarding world after being away for so long his brief excursion to Diagon Alley was like a return home. He got the occasional glances, but a minority of people even knew who the Rosier Family. Even if his escapades four years ago were heavily publicized in the Wizarding press few had memories that long and even fewer would connect the dots that he’d be of age to rejoin the wizarding world as a student.
After saying goodbye to the others at his foster home and explaining One last time to his foster mother that he had gotten accepted to a prestigious private school on a scholarship. This claim was met with a great deal of skepticism as Leo did not get spectacular grades in school. He was a ‘B’ student through and through. Leo packed his things into his foster mother’s car and His foster mother drove him to king’s cross station and Leo could hardly do anything but smile. After some convincing Leo was allowed to leave the car and board the station by himself. Feeling strangely at home he entered platform 9.75 and made his way to the Hogwarts express. Excited to make new friends he boarded the train and entered Compartment 2 seeing it the least filled and not wanting to cramp anyone’s pre-established group dynamics.

Entering the compartment Leo immediately introduced himself after dropping off his stuff. “Hi! I’m Leo! Nice to meet you!” he said thrusting his hand forward. With a smile on his face and a confidence to his posture Leo greets Hye.

OOC: Hope I did everything right

Name, Age:
Fiadh Daya, 35

House, Role:
Gryffindor, Care of Magical Creatures teacher
Pet, Patronus:
Little owl, Osprey

Wand:
Apple, eleven inches, slightly springy, unicorn hair

a
With: [No one yet]
Mood: [Content]

Fiadh hadn't left the grounds hardly at all that summer. He liked looking after them, liked taking care of the plants in his garden and the creatures in the forest. He often took in stray or wounded animals and nursed them back to health, releasing them when they were well enough to fend for themselves. Although many of them ended up simply taking a liking to him, so he'd inadvertently acquired a menagerie of sorts.

At the moment, he was busy bandaging a Bowtruckle. The werewolves of the forest often scratched their claws on tree trunks to sharpen them and, as many of the trees were of wand quality, their guardians didn't take kindly to the invasion. Bowtruckles routinely turned up injured after attempting to defend their homes, and Fiadh was careful about restoring them, as a healthy Bowtruckle population was indicative of a healthy forest.

The creature was currently trembling on the teacher's trestle table, tiny arm bent at an awkward and unnatural angle. Fiadh delicately re-positioned the limb, wincing slightly at the tiny cries of pain coming from it. He carefully set the arm using moss and a thin vine, then left the Bowtruckle to rest in the sun, leaving some water and food next to it. After this, he decided to do some gardening. He could have accomplished most of it with a lot less time and effort using magic, but he had grown up on a farm and enjoyed working with his hands.

He was so absorbed in his task that he didn't notice the passing of time, and before he knew it the mid-morning sun was beating down on the back of his neck. He rose from the dirt and went back into the cabin to take a break, drinking some iced tea and snacking on fruit and biscuits. Though he did sometimes miss his father and the farm, he truly loved living at Hogwarts, and he loved his job as gamekeeper and Care of Magical Creatures instructor; loved teaching the students about the fantastic beasts all around them.

After his snack, he was feeling kind of sleepy, so he went back outside and laid down in the grass, folding his arms back behind his head and closing his eyes. As the early Fall breeze played around on his face and he drifted off into slumber, he wondered what this term's first-year students would be like.

OOC: Nap time! ;P

Last edited:
Name, Age:
Clairabelle Cartwright, 11

House, Role:
Slytherin, 1st year

Pet, Patronus:
Owl, Arctic Fox
Wand:
Pine, 11 inches, Quite Rigid, White River Monster Spine

With:
Pierre ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki shaun DreadBirate DreadBirate
Mood: Prepared

There were a thousand tips her mother had told Clairabelle about what to do during her first year of Hogwarts. It was certainly something that felt like her whole life had been leading up to. She was sure she was going to be placed in Slytherin. She had made her way to to the trolly wrapped up in a slightly oversized fur coat. She found two boys sitting both reading in a compartment.
"Well hello there. I'm Clairabelle Cartwright. Do you mind if I join you both?" She said smiling. One seemed to be reading fantastic beasts, a classic subject that Clairabelle was familiar with. Another seemed to be reading a comic book. He had quite messy hair. Clairabelle never understood why boys were interested in such things when an entire magical world existed infront of them. It never really bothered Claire, it just didn't really make sense to her. Nonetheless she sat down on the other side of a table facing him. She had heard much about the trolly food. Supposedly her mother had been a fan of the pumpkin pasties. So hopefully the trolly lady would arrive and Claire could try one. To think that Hogwarts was only a while away excited Clairabelle. The idea of all the magic she would learn interested so much more than anything else that could come to mind.

Last edited:

Name, Age:
Pierre Guerrer, 11
House, Role:
Ravenclaw, 1st-year student

boy_by_merrymei_d9fb8uu-fullview.jpg

Pet, Patronus:
Barn Owl "Louis", stallion
Wand:
Cypress, Dragon Heartstring, 10inch, french make

a

Mood: Startled and nervous

Pierre was getting into the comic, becoming more interested in the story and how muggles thought to react to things without magic. It was getting quite engrossing as well, without magic muggles had to get real creative and clever. Shaun speaking took him by surprise to the point he was startled, he had not even noticed him enter the compartment. His first instinct was to try to hide his comic, thinking it would be looked down upon having a muggle item like this. "Oh...I..."He looked around desperately, he was halfway of sitting on the comic before giving up on the idea and just accepting what was to come. He sighed before forcing a smile."Bonjour... Je m'ap... I am Pierre... A pleasure." He said offering his hand, his French accent clearly evident in his speech.

"About the comic... I" He went to say before a girl entered and introduced herself. "Eh, oui... Plenty of space here." He added offering his hand to her as well before indicating a spare seat. "I am Pierre Guerrer." He added as he took a chance to look at both of his riding mates. Clairabelle was pretty, but she had a posh and serious manner that he had seen too often in his life to like, a similar background to himself. Shaun had more grounded manner to him, with a strange accent he could not quite place but found more pleasant. Still there was something about him that made him unsure if they could be friends.

OOC: n/a

Name, Age:
Vincent Volkov, 17

House, Role:
Slytherin, 7th-year student, Prefect

Pet, Patronus:
Ferret, Jaguar

Wand:
His wand is blocky and elven inches long, made of poplar, and has a core made of kelpie mane. By Ollivander

With: Aniyah, Hugo, Ramaya, Dane, Milo, Zhan, Ahn
Mood: Excited

His family had never really gone in for the whole emotional sending off that was more common among lesser families and muggles, but they had made sure that all the proper farewells were said at the platform. Vincent walked along the narrow train corridor to the Prefect's Carriage, his hands comfortably stuffed in the pockets of his school robes.

His pet ferret, Simon, was curled in a ball in one of the inside pockets of his robes, taking one of the many naps the ferret would take during the train ride, having already been raiding the snack trolley prior to departing the station proper. The seventh year Beater was grinning from ear to ear as he approached the Prefect's Carriage, when he heard an inexcusable comment about winning the House Cup and the thought of beating the other houses turned his smile into a slightly predatory one. What's this I hear about setting eyes on our House cup?

He gave a friendly nod to each of the other students in the carriage car as he leaned on the door frame, with a small wink in Ahn's direction. She was friendly enough, but also a fellow Beater work a healthy appreciation for competition, and he liked that about her. But he would not let another house beat him in his last year. When his eyes settled on Ramaya, who looked like she was in charge, which in a way she was. She was his Captain of the Slytherin Quidditch team and had led them to more wins then losses, so she had his respect, but they had not been the most chummy. They worked well together on the pitch, but off the pitch... They would have to work on that. For the sake of the House they would have to, they were the ones the younger students looked up and would try to model themselves after.

OOC: I will try to post with coding as much as I can, but some of my posts may be on mobile. So plain text maybe more common.

Vincent walked along the narrow train corridor to the Prefect's Carriage, his hands comfortably stuffed in the pockets of his school robes. He was grinning from ear to ear when he heard talk about winning the House Cup and the thought of beating the other houses. What's this I hear about setting eyes on our House cup? He gave a friendly nod to each of the other students in the carriage car as he leaned on the door frame, with a small wink in Zona's direction. She was very smart and very competitive, and he liked that about her. But we would not let another house beat him in his last year.

Last edited:

Name, Age:
Silas Cross, 16

House, Role:
Hufflepuff, 6th year
Pet, Patronus:
Little Owl, Otter

Wand:
Maple, 12”, pliable, phoenix feather, Ollivander

With:Hye and Leo
Mood:Happy

Silas smiled as he walked across the platform, excited to be going back to Hogwarts after and uneventful summer. He had spent most of his time during the past few months keeping track of his twin sisters. The two little girls were always up to something and ever willing to get into trouble, watching over them was a full time job but Silas never did mind. They had cried and begged him to stay when he left his house that morning, it tugged at his heart to leave but he had promised that he would keep in touch.

Progress to the Hogwarts Express was slow, the Hufflepuff stopping frequently to help out other students and make sure first years were finding their way around. He tried to make sure there were no first years that were overwhelmed, remembering how scary his first ride on the Express had been when he hadn't known anyone. Of course, being a muggleborn had made his first year that much harder.

Finally boarding the train after helping all he could, he started looking for a compartment that wasn't too crowded. Most of the students he already knew would be in the prefect's carriage so he would likely be making some new friends during this ride, not feeling that it was his place to be in the prefect's carriage if he wasn't one. He was sure there would already be some competition happening amongst the prefects, most of them dead set on winning everything there was to win.

It didn't take him long to find a compartment that wasn't packed full, stopping outside compartment two. He could see what looked to be two first years on the other side of the door, hopefully they wouldn't mind sitting with an upperclassman. Opening the door and stepping inside he smiled kindly at the two boys , "Hello! Mind if I join you both?"

OOC:

Name, Age:
Rokurou Nakashima, 27

House, Role:
N/A, Department of Magical Law Enforcement
Pet, Patronus:
None, Peacock

Wand:
Hawthorn, 10.5 inches, rigid, snallygaster heartstring

a
With: [No one]
Mood: [Exhausted]

Rokurou was hiding behind a dumpster as curses sailed past, barely missing him. He alternated between crouching down to avoid getting hit, and springing up to fling a spell at his attackers. There were three of them- big and mean and not too bright, but unfortunately rather gifted duelers. He'd caught them red-handed trying to swindle or intimidate folks doing their shopping in Diagon Alley and, when he'd tried to arrest them, instead of coming quietly or running away they had attacked him. Now he was cowering in an alley, trying not to get cursed and wishing for the millionth time that he had a different job. His was frustrating and thankless, the hours were interminable, and he rarely had anything to show for a night's work aside from bruises, wounded pride and a bad temper.

As another jinx sailed past his ear, he cursed under his breath and sprang up, anger overriding caution as he advanced on his attackers. It was sheer luck that he didn't get hit as he managed to get one with a full body bind and, seeing their chances of success dwindle when their comrade went down, the other two simply Disapparated and left him there. Rokurou groaned.

Great, another useless night, he thought as he advanced on his captive and relieved him of his wand.

By the time he returned to the Ministry, he hadn't slept a wink and still had nothing further to show for his work. After dropping off the man for processing, he dragged himself wearily back to his office, wishing dearly to just go home and sleep, even though his shift wasn't over yet.

When he walked into his office and saw the pile of parchment-work piled high on his desk, he wanted to kick something. Or cry. He wasn't sure which. Instead he sat himself down, scowling, and pulled the top piece towards him. He barely registered any of the words he was reading, and pretty soon he was leaning precariously back in his chair, eyes closed and parchment piece about to slip from his nerveless fingers.

OOC: He got it rough ;P

Name, Age:
James Lawrence Wilkinson, Age: 36

House, Role:
Slytherin, Department of Magical Law Enforcement, Auror Task Force

Patronus:
Fox Terrier

Wand:
Elder Wood, 10 and 3/4", Sturdy, Dragon heartstring (Norwegian Ridgeback), Olivander

With: Bryony, Rhiannon
Mood:Mildly Miffed

James let out a long sigh as he stepped from the fireplace, running his callused fingers though his hair. She is not going to like this, just another dead-end. His pace brisk as he moved through the ministry to the Task Force Leaders office. Cubicle? He could never really get the terminology right in his head. James did not like being stuck in the Ministry for too long. He much preferred to be out hunting, rather then sitting around in meetings and doing administrative work. Much how he preferred the more involved classes rather than the homework back in his Hogwarts days.

He approached Bryony's cubicle/office, James was lost in thought that he barely acknowledged Rhiannon's presence, with a small nod. Hey Boss, that lead I was tracking down... Well it's all bollocked. They had been there, but cleared out about two days ago.His arms folded over his chest as he leaned on the wall. This time there was no trail to follow, the whole bar was shambolic.

OOC: I will try to post with coding as much as I can, but some of my posts may be on mobile. So plain text maybe more common.

James let out a long sigh as he stepped from the fireplace, running his callused fingers though his hair. 'She is not going to like this, just another dead-end.' His pace brisk as he moved through the ministry to the Task Force Leaders office. Cubicle? He could never really get the terminology right in his head. James did not like being stuck in the Ministry for too long. He much preferred to be out hunting, rather then sitting around in meetings and doing adminstrative work. Much how he preferred the more involved classes rather than the homework back in his Hogwarts days.

He approached Bryony's cubicle/office, James was lost in thought that he barely acknowledged Rhiannon's presence, with a small nod. "Hey Boss, that lead I was tracking down... Well it's all bollocked. They had been there, but cleared out about two days ago." His arms folded over his chest as he leaned on the wall. "This time there was no trail to follow, the whole bar was shambolic."

Attachments

• 20200313_160001.jpg
    20200313_160001.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Name, Age:
Ivory Bright, 30

House, Role:
Hufflepuff, Muggle Studies teacher
Pet, Patronus:
White cat, Borzoi

Wand:
Cedar, ten inches, swishy, unicorn tail

a
With: [No one yet]
Mood: [Happy]

Ivory's alarm clock went off that morning. It was an oldschoool, mechanical alarm clock with a loud bell on it that vibrated when it rang. She could have used a magical one, but Ivory was fascinated by muggles and chose to use their technology wherever possible. She fairly jumped out of bed, already buzzing with excitement- today was the first day of school! She had always felt this way on September First during the seven years that she attended Hogwarts, and things were no different now that she was a teacher, despite the fact that she was already in her thirties.

Even though she was a terrible cook, Ivory prepared her breakfast without magic as well. After this morning, she would dine in the Great Hall with the other teachers, eating food prepared by the excellent Hogwarts House-elves. Ivory loved the House-elves. Whilst at Hogwarts, her dormitory had been close to the entrance to the kitchens, and she had snuck in there many times for food and conversation. She asked the elves about their history, how they came to be there, what it was they liked about their job...

Some called it nosy, but most were quite fond of her, and she usually had a pile of extra snacks in her room for this very reason. Things, were, again, no different now, as she continued to spend time in the kitchens, and often was given extra food which she kept in her office, or gave away to her students and friends on the staff. It was a bit silly, of course, but she'd always enjoyed being able to share snacks with other people, and it was not a habit she was planning to change anytime soon.

Unable to contain her excitement any longer, Ivory wolfed down the rest of her breakfast and, with a flick of her wand, tidied up after herself (more or less- her place was still fairly messy). She then gathered the rest of her things into her bags and trunk, levitated them all to the chimney, and stepped in after them, calling loudly as she dropped the floo powder with a practiced flourish "Office of the Muggle Studies teacher at Hogwarts!" And with a flash of brightest green, she was gone.

When she stepped out of the chute in her office, covered in ash, a small team of House-elves scurried forward. Ivory watched in customary amazement as some of them lifted her trunk (it took six elves to do so), carrying it away to her room, while others began removing the various muggle contraptions she had brought in her bags, setting them up all around her office (which they appeared to have already cleaned), while still others attacked her clothes with efficient ferocity.

Pretty soon, her office was completely set up and not a speck of ash remained on the carpet or on her clothes. Ivory sat down in amazement as Fanner, the head elf, stepped forward with a tray on which sat a glass of pumpkin juice and a small stack of toast. "Will there be anything else, Miss Bright?" she enquired pleasantly. Ivory shook her head, amazed. "No, thank you Fanner- I believe you've all done quite enough already!" The elves beamed and bowed as Fanner smiled wide. "It was our pleasure, miss. We'll have some snacks sent up for you later." And with that, the elves retreated out of the room.

Ivory sat down at her desk, looking out the window and idly munching on a piece of toast. She had expected to need the morning to set up her quarters, office, and classroom, but now that the elves had done so for her she had all this free time... Ah well, she might as well see if she could track down some of her colleagues. She spelled the tray to follow her as she got up from her chair, grabbing a couple of her books on the way out.

She walked along the corridors of the castle, happy to be back at Hogwarts, excited for the new term, and wondering what the year would bring. When she reached the staffroom, it was empty, save for a House-elf currently occupied with cleaning the fireplace, so she sat herself down in the armchair closest to the window and opened one of her books, occasionally munching on toast or taking a sip of juice. Hopefully, another professor would arrive soon to break to monotony.

OOC: She's like a little kid xD

Last edited:

Name, Age:

Valencia Valensteed, 30

House, Role:
Gryffindor, DADA teacher
Pet, Patronus:
Siamese Cat named Crawford/ Deer

Wand:
14 inches, Blackthorn, Stiff, Dragon Heartstring, Morgana Leviaweave (Mother, deceased)
With:
Nobody
Mood: reminiscent

The thought of the new students arriving had kept Valencia hard at work for awhile now. She had been working hard to prepare this year's lessons. One might think questionably when they heard about her husband being a member of the Phalanx. But it was this revelation that had driven Valencia herself to take the role of Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher. If someone couldn't even trust their life partner, then everyone needed to protect themselves from the Dark Arts. For so long she had questioned his motives, what he had gained that would turn him even against his own wife. Or what he had lost. It was Amarta who she despised most. Whatever she offered him clearly had driven him to betray his own wife. She had dedicated herself to work instead recently. Teaching would take her mind off the pain. Instead she sifted through papers, looking at the files of students. She would do her best to protect them from the horrors of dark. It was interesting to think that not so long ago there had been a dark wizard that threatened Hogwarts. She hoped the Phalanx weren't another threat here.

Still sitting in the classroom, reading, she could hear the meows of Crawford sitting by the desk in his bed. That finicky cat had always loved the attention of anyone who would give it.
It was getting close for students to arrive and she knew he could tell. He adored having students come and give him attention. At least one of them was hopeful for things to come. Valencia wished she could feel the same but still the sadness consumed her heart.

Name, Age:
Thomas (Tommy) Oakes, 11

House, Role:
Hufflepuff, 1st year student
Tommy-faceclaim.jpg
Pet, Patronus:
Blue-grey cat, Basset hound

Wand:
English Oak, 10 inches, surprisingly rigid, unicorn hair

With: [Elliot & Rin]
Mood: [calming down]

It was beyond overwhelming for Tommy, being separated from their mother for an extended period. He'd never had cause to do so before, and he was more than accustomed to having her undivided attention while his brothers were away at Hogwarts. However, as she told him time and time again, tone soft and loving, Elliot would take care of him, and his mother herself would only be an owl away. She gave him one last kiss on the forehead, asking him to promise to write to her, and reminding him that Elliot had the snacks she'd made her sons for the train ride. When Elliot settled them in a compartment, Tommy immediately opened the window and searched for their mother's face in the crowd, barely managing to find her before the train lurched into motion. He waved until she was completely out of sight, and then for a little longer, just in case, before pushing the window closed again and plopping back down next to Elliot. He turned to talk to Matthew, only to see the seat across from himself and Elliot empty. Oh...

Not long after, two other students wandered in, already arguing loudly. Thomas looked over at Elliot, just a brief glance, knowing that irritation would soon set in. Elliot hated when people were noisy while he read. Looking back at the other two, Thomas silently willed them to grasp that Elliot wanted this compartment to be quiet, but they didn't seem to read the room at all, absorbed in their argument about the already-finished house cup competition from last year. It was an interesting conversation to Thomas, if a bit loud, but Thomas could see the slightest clench in the set of Elliot's jaw. Irritated. It was likely a matter of seconds before Elliot either snapped or decided to take his leave. Thomas' guess proved correct almost immediately as Elliot snapped his book shut rather loudly and stood abruptly. The lack of warning had Thomas scrambling to collect his things so he could move compartments with Elliot, but he didn't mind. Elliot minded what their surroundings were like a lot more than Thomas did. In Thomas' mind, the only requirement to make the train ride pleasant was to sit in the same compartment as Elliot. Matthew would immediately kick Thomas out if he tried to intrude, but Elliot would, at the very least, tolerate his presence as long as he was quiet.

As Thomas followed Elliot through the hallway, Imseti made himself known with loud purring, rubbing against Thomas' legs as he walked and even flopping onto his side underfoot, almost tripping Thomas several times over. "Immie! Immie, no!" Thomas scolded Imseti in a hushed tone, trying and failing to nudge Imseti gently out of the way with one foot. The process repeated a few times as Thomas stumbled down the hallway, but eventually they reached a compartment Elliot deemed appropriately quiet and settled in. Once Elliot had seated himself comfortably, Thomas sat beside him, close enough that their sides were touching and Thomas could feel Elliot's warmth. It was a slightly brisk day, and even though Thomas was wearing a sweater, he was still chilly. He leaned into Elliot's side gently as Imseti piled himself onto Thomas' chest and stomach to purr and make biscuits, and idly tried to focus on the words Elliot was reading through much faster than Thomas ever could. He wasn't getting much, but what he could pick up was interesting. Even so, the rocking of the train and the warmth of being sandwiched by Elliot and Imseti has him growing sleepy, and he couldn't keep his focus on the words for too long at a time. He jumped when he heard the compartment door open, stirring him out of his dozing, and he looked up at the other student, blinking a few times in surprise before gesturing to the empty bench across from himself with a warm smile.

"We probably won't be very talkative, I hope that's alright..." His tone was soft and hesitant, and his voice shook a little with nerves, but he was genuine in his invitation and his desire that Rin be comfortable in their silence. (Or, at least, relative silence.) "I'm Thomas Oakes, and this is my brother, Elliot Oakes. You can call me Tommy, though."

OOC: sorry I missed Rin orz I've had a hectic month and things are just settling down... or so I hope

Last edited:

Name, Age:
Winston smith, 35

House, Role:
Ravenclaw, Daily Prophet Reporter
1581979742967.png
Pet, Patronus:
None, Raccoon

Wand:
Sycamore, 8.4 Inches, Unicorn Hair, Ollivander

Location: Daily Prophet Office/Department of Magical Law Enforcement
With: rokurou Ayama Ayama

Star reporter Winston Smith had writer's block. His problem was that he didn't have anything that would be truly shocking to the wizarding public. He truly loved the wizarding public. He gave them an interpretation of the facts, and they ate it up. Whether that interpretation of the facts was entirely accurate was known only to him and possibly the editor. You wouldn't know it with how often Winston's stories got on the front page. Winston sat there for almost an hour before he thought of something. Fortunately, he had enough shocking articles saved to fill a month, but he might lose a few reliable, blackmailed, sources to do it. Hopefully, it wouldn't come to that. It looked like Winston was going to have to do some serious investigating. Suddenly inspiration struck him like a curse on an unsuspecting schoolboy. The Department of Magical Law Enforcement had been investigating this "Phalanx" group for ages. He'd gotten some capital when they attacked and the Aurors hadn't been able to stop them but that wasn't enough. He hadn't gotten any word of any official statements by the task force. Winston laughed almost evilly. He couldn't stand that lack of transparency. It was time to use some questionable means to get the story he needed. Running to the elevator he pushed the button for the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. Upon arriving he found the office of Rokurou. Their relationship was..complicated but Winston felt that he would be able to get something out of him, a drip of goo that he would be able to stretch into a proper story. Knocking loudly on the door Winston entered the office.
"Good Morning Rokurou! The press has some questions!"

OOC:Mangled the code a bit sorry. dont know how to fix it.

Last edited:

Name, Age:
Eliana Moore, 30 years old

House, Role:
Ravenclaw, Ministry Unspeakable
Eliana Moore.jpg
Pet, Patronus:
Raven, great horned owl patronus

Wand:
Ash, 11 inches, unicorn hair core, unwielding, from Gregorovitch

With: No one
Mood: Anxious

Eliana frowned as she looked around the atrium of the Ministry. She had no idea why people were meeting here still, but apparently, it was still a place they should feel comfortable. It was strange, but she was still going to wait here. At least for the last five minutes before she needed to head down for her shift. She was simply waiting for her shift as she checked the bulletin boards for any updates or news.

Of course, Unspeakables were usually on top of the news in the first place. At least in terms of research. She stepped away as someone moved too close to her, returning to her reading spot when they had moved away. Good. She didn't want others to start talking to her or paying attention to her.

OOC: Here's Eliana, our Unspeakable friend. ^_^

Last edited:

Name, Age:
Alastair Nakashima, 26

House, Role:
Ravenclaw, Auror Taskforce member
Pet, Patronus:
African Gecko, Blackbird

Wand:
Cypress, 10.5 inches, springy, unicorn hair

a
With: [Bryony, Rhiannon, James]
Mood: [Grateful]

Alastair Nakashima was having trouble keeping his eyes open. It was no surprise, really- the team had been working virtually around the clock lately, trying desperately to find out something- anything- about The Phalanx before they struck again. But the organization and its infamous leader were as elusive as smoke, and all they'd come up against were dead-ends. They hadn't been able to identify any of its members, or find any of their current hideouts, or predict/prevent any of their actions. They were beginning to look so woefully incompetent, in fact, that the higher-ups were adding two new people to the taskforce.

A couple days ago, tired and fed-up with yet another long night's fruitless efforts- stakeouts and pursuits and endless hours spent pouring over maps and various newspaper clippings, Alastair had decided to take another tack. Abandoning tried-and-true, classic and tested detective strategies, he'd instead decided to head for the library. If the knowledge they sought could not be obtained with their current methods, he reasoned, then they would have to change them. He'd poured over books and articles and anything he could get his hands on, trying to figure out where the group might be getting its inspiration from.

So far, nothing had yet come to light but, undeterred, he'd decided to spend all night in a muggle library instead, seeing if maybe some new wisdom could be found there. Though his efforts had not yet borne fruit, he was confident that they would, eventually, yield something, and he was marginally more cheerful upon returning to the Ministry to greet the new taskforce members, even though he couldn't help yawning every minute or so.

When he reached Bryony's office, James was already there, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed in his usual manner, a grim expression on his face. Bryony looked exhausted, at the end of her rope- nearly defeated. And one of the new members had already arrived- Rhiannon. He didn't know her too well, but overall she had a good reputation and would no doubt make a useful addition to the team. Stepping forward with a kind smile, Alastair held out his hand.

"Excellent to have you joining us," he said. "we need all the help we can get."

He knew the truth of this statement would grate on his sister's nerves but, in the face of this threat, getting the job done mattered more than any one Auror's pride.

OOC: Libraries solve everything! ;P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back