• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Tearing Up The Galaxy - A Star Wars Search

Bronco

I pull levers
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Howdy folks, it's me again with some more Star Wars cravings. Kinda seems like that's all I'm playing on this site now a'days, but honestly there's worse fandoms to be addicted to. With the ongoing release of Andor, a rewatch of Visons, and some good old fashioned Gmod servers I've found myself interested in some of the lesser known facets of a galaxy far far away. What goes on outside the clashes between light and dark? Are the Hutts and syndicates getting along well? Who's poking around the uncharted regions...have we heard from them lately? The reality is that no matter how many shows/movies we get, we'll never see the whole of the galaxy's adventures. That's where our roleplay comes in.

Bronco: A Short Bio
- 22 years old, male, roleplaying since the start of high school
- Interested in action, adventure, mystery, with some romance on the side
- Big discord user for OOC. Expect plotting collaboration, character building, and M E M E S
- Thinks roleplay is best done in threads here, but it's not the end of the world if we take off site

The Topics (incredibly open to suggestions or tweaking)
- Bounty Hunters: I actually have this idea pretty well developed. We'd play the part of two characters aboard a ship of bounty hunters, taking jobs to not only earn our keep aboard but keep the blasted thing operational. Along with us for the ride are a cast of crew, associates, and three separate fighter squadrons as of now. This layout would be pretty episodic, probably with no overarching plot until we've got a couple missions under our belt. This is definitely a subject that would call for multiple roles played by both of us, so if you have any other OCs you'd want to dump in beside your main there's plenty of room.

- Mercenaries: This particular plot can go a number of directions, as I've thought up a number of operations for other roleplays in the past. We could go with something as simple as hunting down Imperial Remnants, perhaps badgering New Republic forces just a little too hard. Or we could step back into the Clone Wars, playing the part of a crack team of commandos hunting down force sensitive threats (think SCP but with a star wars backdrop). Regardless, this is another scenario that could call for multiple characters from both of us. Also be advised, I'm probably going to inject quite a bit of realism into this idea in terms of tactics, lingo, and atmosphere. If you're familiar with mod projects for Arma 3, Squad, or other slow paced fps titles set in the Star Wars universe, this idea is just the literate roleplay equivalent of that.

- Detectives: This one actually correlates rather well with the current season. In this idea we'd be exploring the seedy sides of the galaxy, hunting down leads to the sketchiest corners of the cosmos. Much like the bounty hunter prompt, our cases would be pretty episodic, or we could plot a much more convoluted mystery to be solved over a longer period. I've put quite a fair bit of development into this scenario as well, with one of my main Star Wars OCs being a detective in universe. I've also styled our would-be setting to be incredibly noir in tone. Picture smog congested streets, lit by an industrial orange glow from buildings above. Speeders dart overhead, lending their passing whines to the ambiance around. A jazzy rendition of the cantina theme drifts lazily from a bar, only to be abruptly cut off as its front door hisses shut. I think you're beginning to get the picture.

Post Pitch Summary
So there's a few ideas, all of them different, but all of them very much a possible part of the Star Wars galaxy. If you're interested, drop a reply below or shoot a quick dm over to me. If you have any others ideas, do the same! I'm always looking for a new lens to view one of my favorite scifi settings through and I'm sure they're countless in number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back