• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

• Nebula
    Neb followed the lot into R.I's headquarters, wandering around the place (and taking a close look at some of Silence's research). He didn't know what everything on the piles of paper are supposed to be, but he found it interesting
    "Wow... You guys have a nice place...
    Definitely better than Latchkey's..."
    And then, the doctor showed up. He then asked about Shaw's condition, probably due to concern.

"I don't know much, but I think it's from the Necromorphs earlier... A lot of other people went down to the tunnels with us and got the same cough... Thankfully someone healed them. I guess Shaw wasn't in the group underground..."

Last edited:
Leighton
Tokyo, Japan

"I-I'm fine, just... bluescreening like that is really unpleasant for me. I'm fine though, nothing's damaged. A-and exits, that's... uh, everywhere, really."

LatiosExtra_NoBorder14.png

Made out of nanomachines as he is, Leighton doesn't really have physical circuit boards and all that. Just countless individual nanomachines, each of them serviceable as a means for Giffany to leave the robo-Latios' body. Raising off the floor as he gets back up, he shakes his head a little to ward off some dizziness, eager to get to his modest ramen bowl and regenerate some of his nanoswarm.

"Sorry about that. My programming's usually more stable, dunno what the deal with that crash was... Anyway! This ramen's some good stuff. Like... REAL good."

Of course, with the way he is, he can't exactly eat it normally. Instead, he's just got a separate little pink cloud of nanomachines swarming over his plate, 'digesting' the food by converting it into more nanomachines. From the looks of things, he can definitely taste it, though!

LatiosExtra_NoBorder1.png

She looks shocked of everything that just went on.

“Uhm— I don’t know where’d we go...I just got here...I’m Remi by the way—“

Suddenly she stops talking. Marnie could see her freeze and just go silent.

P PopcornPie

• Cloud tilted his sword into such a position that a streak of light jumped from the blade and landed squarely on Kassandra's chest. "Its name is the 'Buster Sword'. I've had it as long as I could remember." Kassandra's praises were not unique to her fellow mercenary; Despite its narrow width and featherlike movements in his hands, the sword was notoriously heavy. Anyone who attempted to steal it was in for a nasty surprise, their confidence hacked away by the revelation that they couldn't drag it more than a foot without growing exhausted. And then the ex-soldier would have the dubious honor of kicking them twice as far with the very tips of his boots.

"Kassandra, I can still hear you!" Giffany's big pink eye appeared behind an opening in Leighton's body. "You're not still mad about that, are you? If I knew that Ikaros was your bird, I wouldn't have tried to catch him, honest! Now, um...someone guide me through this body! I'm all turned around!" She had to hop between Leighton's nanomachines as if they were cars on a packed highway.

"Try coming out of his mouth, Giffany!" Rex called, somewhat disinterested in her troubles. Leighton's method of ingesting food had taken his eyes. Little pink robots inside his body, wow! Perhaps they were a special kind of nanite? It would explain the animalistic appearance. "You have nanites, too?" He asked eagerly.

Then, as Kassandra drew near, he felt a strange lightstomachness, while his head grew fuzzy. His head slowly turned up at the Spartan, his eyes blank and focused. For some reason, her image stayed clear, but the backdrop behind her was trying to change shape and color, into blurry images of unfamiliar environments. His jaw waved open and shut, wondering why he was trying to say what he wanted to. Finally, a noise came out. "Hey...I think I might've seen you somewhere." He slurred it out almost unconsciously, disbelieving his own thought process. Now he was free to look away, but as his eyes fell on Julia and Natasha instead, the phenomenon continued. "...and you, and you, but...No, it wasn't in real life, I think I looked at pictures of you...in folders...and now I see some other kid, he's telling me about you...How am I doing that?" True, his new friend had seen some multiversal shit, or maybe she just had the world's wildest imagination. But he didn't. The closest he'd come was probably that time he was trapped in Breach's dimension. He'd never been stuck on an island or met any nine tailed foxes. This lady looked nothing like any person from his Earth, not even close. So why was he making a fool of himself? He was Rex, not a paranoid daydreamer! "Y-you know what? Forget it. Sorry, Giffany's got me on some conspiracy kick."

"It's not a conspiracy, Rex!" Giffany's voice echoed from deep within Leighton's mechanical diaphragm. "There is a multiverse, we've seen it! Right, Kassandra?"

"Alright, you and Kassandra." Rex replied a bit roughly. "But don't clue me into any of those adventures, I've been living on the Earth I was born with up until today."

"If Tifa can suddenly disappear to another world, so can you." Cloud calmly cautioned, his eyes never diverting from his ramen bowl. "Keep an open mind."

The EVO grew indignant. "Come on, Providence would've way past reported it if I was taken to an alternate dimension! In my case, it's total bull! You know what? I bet my memory just reset...again..."

When the boy looked out the window, he noticed a blurry shape in the street. It was purplish in color, having what looked to be blackish wings covered in eye-shaped patterns with yellow irises. Its tail ended in three blackish fingers, and a stereotypical thief's mask covered the area around its green eyes.

postTCSSwiftgloveold.png

Rex gained a chill up his spine as he attempted to cover up the spirit with menus.

Last edited:
Remi unfroze, looking at her before bowing.

“My apologies, mistress, but no...I did not hear what you told me. I did come from a portal, yes, but that was because my king ordered me to.”

P PopcornPie

• NEBULA

Sweet sugar Twiggles, she speaks so quickly! Neb decided to wait for her rapid fire speech to stop, process whatever it is she just said, and THEN give her an answer

"Well, I'm sure you'll be fine... Whatever this Oripathy is, I doubt this illness would mean you have to do something as extreme as that... I guess you guys have medicine for a mild cough?... Maybe that'll work?"

• "I suppose I was speaking pretty sluggish. All right, here's what happened..."

Marnie, in a much clearer voice, reflected on her experiences to Remi. Meeting Julia, watching Emer accidentally kill herself and resurrect as a ghost, the Necromorph trap, Emer possessing Giffany, Hinaro's disappearance, Julia's disappointment in her, and then, finally, the reveal that Marnie had only gotten trapped of her own stupidity and not any cunning by Bio-Beta.

"...There you have it. In one day, I lost everything I had and everything I wanted. The only way I can go is up, right?...Or is something POISED TO MAKE MY SITUATION EVEN WORSE?" She screamed at the sky.

Last edited:
Remi looks worried for her and tries to calm her down.

“M-Mistress! I’m sure you can only go up from here. I-I can prove it! Ahh...ahhh....”

Marnie could see a spiral spinning quickly in Remi’s eye as she panicks to help her.

P PopcornPie

• NEBULA
    So... That's what Oripathy is... Yep, this cough doesn't compare to it. Neb tries again to comfort the Zalak
    "Don't worry... I'm sure it's not gonna be as bad as Oripathy... I'm no doctor... Well i mean, he's one," he nods at the Doctor, who he assumes is knowledgeable in this "but apart from a chesty cough there seems to be no other visible symptoms from the Necromorphs' attacks..."

full

Sam
Evening
Tokyo - Subway Area

"Ehhh... All of you?" Sam expressed her surprise at the swordsman with purple outfit. "I guess this world has a lot of those... traditional people."

Then comes the dark-furred animal explained its own world, while commenting that the world of Terra could be pretty. A world with 3 moons and a floating city, where one of the moons cracked due to magical purposes. The white-haired Lupo simply giggled at its reply.

"Heheh. My world is pretty, eh? Well, if you consider a world filled with concrete, flying vehicles and neon lights pretty, I guess you can say so." She replied, referring to the fast advancing city of Lungmen.

The banter continued on, until the group realized that they have to make their way back to Rhodes Island headquarters on their own. Midway through their way back however, Shaw was panicking for some reason, as if she stumbled on some kind of ghost. Sam tried to find out what happened, but nothing stands out unfortunately. She decided to shrug it off for the time being...

full

Rhodes Island, now settled in a large high-rise building that could blend in seamlessly in Lungmen. White LED tube lights brightly illuminate its metallic hallways, which were painted with hues of dark blue, gray and orange. Reinforced glass walls painted with the logo of Rhodes Island can be seen in certain sections of the building to provide a change of atmosphere. Computer terminals can be seen sporadically as the group made their way towards Silence's lab. Ifrit, Ben and Silence had a quick discussion regarding about Bio-Beta placement, before the Dokutah stepped in, and asked about Shaw.

Sam merely observed the conversation unfolded in front of her, as Shaw let herself loose on everything. But it seemed that there was some... unnecessary mix up in here about Oripathy and her current status. Once Shaw was done, the white haired Lupo decided to report her findings.

"Good evening Dokutah." She began by addressing her employer, who is also her commander. "It's best if I give the brief version of our investigation. Upon our arrival in the subway, it was infested with some kind of... deformed, humanoid organisms, and they attacked us on sight. Their bodies were severely mutated to the point that they have blades as their arms. I even noticed there were a few that is capable of spewing corrosive substances from their mouth. There were other participants as well, most probably Offworlders, like the ones who decided to follow us here."

She gestured at Yoriichi and the others. "After we have won the massive battle against those... creatures, we continued on and found this robot in a boarded hideout. Judging from its voice, I believe the robot is source of the broadcast hijack that happened earlier today."

"Also, Shaw has got some lacerations on her, so I guess whatever she's currently afflicted to, is related to those deformed humanoid beings..."

Then Sam's expression turned into a serious one, as she continued to the next point. "However, there was an anomaly that I would like to report out, Dokutah. When we exit the subway with the robot in our custody, the corpses of the deformed creatures ended up... missing! Like, they vanished into thin air! Yes, the scars of battle, bloodstains, and even Ifrit's scorch marks were still there, but not the bodies! Ifrit was there too!"

She gestured in a comical manner, as if she was trying to make herself that she was not lying to the Dokutah.

Interactions: Dokutah - Crow Crow , Sasaki Kojiro - Laix_Lake Laix_Lake
Mentions: Shaw - PopcornPie, Yoriichi Tsugikuni - Celestial Speck, Bio-Beta - CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow , Nebula - SkipTheKip, Claire Redfield - TheElenaFisher

Last edited:

• NEBULA

Neb also added to Sam's testimony with his own
    "I second what she said. I managed to gather some samples for Bio-Beta earlier, and I knew where they were like the back of my paw, but... When we were going back to the surface, they're all just... Gone... As if someone moved the dead bodies or something..."

Shaw's initial mention of swordsmen stronger caused a small smile to actually form on his lips. Almost as if reminiscing about something. His eyes soon moved out towards the night sky- the stars didn't seem to be appearing as much, given all these fake lights in the streets...But the sky by itself was still extremely pretty. One of the few things that were still familiar to him in this strange world in the future. "Sorry, I generally only brought the essentials in my travels..." Yoriichi mumbled at Shaw's small comment about his food, not saying anything if he was hungry or not. "...But to answer...Yes, there are many swordsmen like me in all of history, all of you being prime examples of these geniuses. Many said I'm unreachable, that I'm the 'strongest...' But that is simply not true. I'm just a small speck of humanity's grand story."

Yoriichi's answer seemed to be referencing Sasaki's sheer, almost formless skill in combat, and Sam's more-then-amazing explanation about the strange technology in this world to him. He seemed to genuinely believe all here present in the room were geniuses whom he would never match up to in their periods. In one way, or the other. He may be the 'strongest swordsman', but that title won't mean much to time.

Her second question though, about demons...Caused a frown to appear on his face once more. It wasn't any different from the overall deadpan expression on his face, but his eyes did land on the ground briefly. Almost as if remembering something else...

90a4321262aa92c067bf668bc426976f.jpg

"...Yes. You could say they are 'infected.'" He wasn't sure if Shaw was interested in hearing more about them unless she specifically asked- he was likely the man who knew the most about demons by sheer virtue of being the one who was capable of killing them the most effectively. "...They are born from the blood of a single man. Humans who either accept said blood willingly or not. Transforming into creatures of the night who eat flesh, and become ash in the sunlight." And the mention of a cure simply caused the strongest demon slayer to close his eyes for a single moment. "...We Demon Slayers never had a reason to develop one. When a demon is transformed, they lose nearly all humane emotions and become a killing machine that kills all humans. Even if we could cure it...The moment a Demon tastes blood for the first time, nothing will stop them again. Death is the only mercy."

A silence soon flooded every being of the Demon Slayer as he didn't say anything else for a long, good time as he accompanied all of them towards the 'moving landship' Sam had mentioned. It was clear the topic of demons was...A sore one for the Demon Slayer.

Upon arrival, Yoriichi's eyes seemed to silently take note of the entire location and its futuristic look, and he could feel instantly out of place once more. Either be because he didn't belong to this places period and technology, or because he simply didn't belong here socially. It was clear this was a specific place for specific people. He was just a wanderer at this point...He truly didn't feel like he didn't belong...Anywhere else, despite needing much more information of the 'world' he's on, and why he came back to life.

Sam and Nebula's account of the Necromorphs bodies suddenly disappearing made Yoriichi feel a slight, familiar shiver down his spine he only felt once his entire life. He seemed to pay more attention to that point but still didn't say anything. However, he did reply at the mention of Shaw's disease being related to those same creatures.

...He knew it wasn't the case he was thinking of, otherwise, she would have transformed already, but...

He spoke to currently all in the room, his voice gentle, almost like a whisper, as he spoke out his request. "Excuse me," He spoke mostly towards the Doctor, but everyone else in the room- Sasaki, Nebula, Sam, Shaw, and Silence could hear it as well. "...My name is Yoriichi Tsugikuni. I'm a swordsman who helped rescue Shaw from a strange spirit. I wasn't there to see the bodies gone...But...I'm familiar with a way to possibly slow down the disease's effects on Shaw, or...Anyone else who carries some manner of poison or disease in their bloodstream. It involves Breathing. Would you like to...Learn it? Until a cure is developed for her?"

There was both worry as well as something else in his words. Almost as if he was...Preparing in case of something.

• NEBULA

Well, whatever this breathing technique is, he's interested! He probably won't use it much, but it does have it's uses... And if it meant helping the Zalak he'd gladly learn it so he could help others
    "Mister Yoriichi... I might want to learn it from you... Perhaps you could spare some time to teach me?"
    His eyes sparkle with enthusiasm. Perhaps Breathing could assist his magic in some way? Anyways, hope Yoriichi won't mind talking with an "animal" like Neb

Last edited:
Leighton
Tokyo, Japan

Giffany zipping about in his systems is starting to make Leighton a little weirded-out, as he's not used to having another presence in his body. That, and he... doesn't really have much of a mechanical diaphragm, or any other solid components - it's literally just nanomachines, nothing more or less. Therefore, he doesn't really have a physical mouth, but there's the digitally-displayed equivalent on his screen face.
Rex's question draws his attention, however. Does he have nanites? Nah, he IS nanites. His unconventional physical form's something he's, to be frank, actually somewhat proud of.

"Nanites? Oh, I don't just have them, I'm entirely made of them. Watch this."

DesertedEagleLatios_NoBorder4.png

Just then, Leighton's body seems to just... evaporate, in a way. His body disperses into a opaque, swirling cloud of pink metallic dust, his nanomachine swarm body still entirely active. It's probably much easier for Giffany to zip outta there now.

"Boom! Nothing solid on the inside here, just nanomachines. Oh, yeah, and I'm not just an AI either - I'm actually a human consciousness in a nanoswarm robot body. Yeah, technology gets pretty out-there in 2187, heh.

The speaking, swirling nanomachine cloud's still got a sub-cloud consuming his ramen, as well. The remarkably advanced functionality and adaptability of his body is just... natural, to him. That, and the fact he's from a time that could be considered the far future.​

• Once Leighton disintegrated himself, Giffany's spark was finally free. It bounced once, twice, thrice, before regaining a humanoid shape. "*GAASSSSSP* What a confined space! I-Woah, that's so cool! Wait a minute, I'm-! *gasp* Maybe I can do that with my pixels!" Giffany clenched her entire body, staining with all her might. Sadly, she didn't dissolve like Leighton, although her body was making cracking sounds...

"Woah! Wohohohoah! That's amazing!" Rex applauded the Latios, his brown eyes glowing strongly. "But I guess we're not as alike as I thought. I can't become a cloud of Nanites like that. What I can do is create weapons growing out of my body. Watch!"

Thunk! A gigantic, orange metal fist sprouted from Rex's left elbow, slamming on the floor with a bit of an earthquake. "I call these bad boys the 'Punk Busters'!"

Last edited:
The spiral suddenly disappears.

“N-No mistress. I was just struggling to help...my apologies...”

She bows again

“Where shall we go if you want me to come with you?”

P PopcornPie

• Nebula
    Neb decided to comfort Shaw some more. He approached her gently and nuzzled his head on her shoulder, while trying his best to calm down the anxious Zalak. His fur on her felt soft and fuzzy, almost like a plushie!
    "Don't worry about that... We'll find them when the time comes... For now, maybe you should take a break... We took them down the first time, what's to say we can't do it again?"

Last edited:

• "It appears that a lot of things mentioned are worth investigating, even if not immediate," Doctor says to Sam.

"Shaw, do not panic. I suggest we start any path we are taking by quarantining you. Everything will be alright, and I will ensure it," the Doctor suggests, then turns to Bio-Beta, "I see you have requested samples of the Necromorphs, which is fortunate given our circumstances, saves me some time. I am interested in finding a cure, or in the worst case scenario, a means to suppress it. I have a hunch that you are capable of aiding me."

"Hey, did anyone see that?" Ben says, commenting on the illusionary image, "it's like I'm seeing double... and that we could be in trouble!"

"Kinda obvious, don't you think," Ifrit says, looking towards the tiny Shaw scrambling behind her.

"Not so," Ben comments, "we don't even know who that is."

Doctor turns to Yoriichi, "I will not allow death to come to my Operators. Rhode's Island exists to avoid such a thing."

"Uh... if someone healed them, why not we find that someone?" Ifrit shrugged her shoulders.

"Valid point," the Doctor responds, patting Ifrit's head, then turning to Neb, "can you describe this individual for me?"

SkipTheKip SkipTheKip P PopcornPie Celestial Speck Celestial Speck Emiya Shin Emiya Shin Laix_Lake Laix_Lake CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow

• Nebula
    Well... If only he saw who casted those spells... Come on, Neb, think... He didn't really get a good look at them, at least not from his point of view. He was quite straightforward with his reply, until he had a thought...
    "Sorry Doc... I didn't really get a good look at them... I know one of them wears white and red with brown hair.... Hang on... Since we're all from different universes, maybe someone knowledgeable in healing spells could help? There's gotta be more fish in the sea... If you want me to go look for one I'll go do it"

full

Sam
Evening
Tokyo - Rhodes Island HQ

The dark furred animal from before soon echoed Sam's sentiments. Yoriichi introduced himself as well, before suggesting a solution on slowing whatever ailment Shaw is suffering from. The white-haired Lupo raised her eyebrows when it was related to breathing, but she held her judgement while waiting for Dokutah's response. Shaw once again broke down when she heard Sam's revelation, with both the unusual animal and the Dokutah stepped in to console her. The Dokutah eventually laid out a plan for Shaw's condition, as they wished to find a cure, or at least stall it. They even asked the one who mentioned that someone managed to cure the affliction caused by those monstrous beings.

"If normal healing spell could help..." Sam considered the suggestion, before throwing her own thoughts in. "... Should we try Originium healing arts? It may took us for a while to find the one who has successfully healed the affliction Shaw has..."

Then she turned to Yoriichi. "As for your technique Mr.Tsugikuni, I wouldn't mind checking it out as well. Sounds like something the frontliners would be able to use."

Interactions: Dokutah, Ifrit - Crow Crow , Yoriichi Tsugikuni - Celestial Speck Celestial Speck
Mentions: Bio-Beta - Attesa, Shaw - PopcornPie, Sasaki Kojiro - laix_lake, Nebula - SkipTheKip, Claire Redfield - TheElenaFisher

Last edited:

• Oh, right, Remi wasn't Hinaro. Marnie sighed softly, then apologized. "Sorry, I'm used to having a partner willing to follow me to the ends of the earth, but that doesn't mean I should drag you around without at least explaining. Every town has a town center, and every town center has a message board. I find that, I find a fresh bounty to take down, I show Julia that I never needed her approval after all." Her ears and eyes fell. "Despite how much I really, really wanted it..."

Remi picks her chin up and smiles.

“Well, we’re a new team are we not? We can do whatever you want. I’ll follow, Mistress~”

She looks at the skin patches and scars on Marnie.

“Would you like those fixed up?”

P PopcornPie

• P PopcornPie

Great... Julia sighs as VV informs her of the situation. Maybe I'll have to find a new place to stay. It's not safe here.

The Espeon turns her attention back to the conversation in front of her. "Pictures..?"

julia_facepaw.png
    She frowns at Rex and then puts a paw to her head. "Ugh...of course they did."

Last edited:

• Nebula
    He hasn't heard of Originium yet, and since it's hard for a Spark like him to gauge the effectiveness of healing magic, he decided it'd be worth a shot. Better than chasing a random magician in the middle of Tokyo
    "Right... Hey, maybe Originium would work?... I've never heard of it or seen it in action, but I guess it'll work... I hope..."
    Neb himself was enjoying nuzzling with Shaw, until Shaw's coughing fit brought him back to reality, and her pushing him away reminded him once again, that yes, she's ill. Welp, let's hope this disease isn't airborne
    "Hey Shaw... Don't worry about being quarantined... If you want I'll lend you my Brody Plush to keep you company..."
    Neb is ready to pull out a plushie from his Spark, from the looks of it, which is starting to glow light teal

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back