• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

• Nebula

Neb decided it’d be best to skirt the pools of icky stuff. Whatever those are. He’d rather keep his fur clean.

Plenty of lead later, and after giving the alien hound a good whiff of himself, Neb continues to strike the last Feeder. After slicing it to pieces with his magic sickle, and that being the last of those dastardly beasts, he finally has the time to answer without being interrupted by constant gunfire. He answered the robotic bounty hunter, the magic scythe returning into his gem

“Well… I can um… Shapeshift… But that’s a topic for another time. I like being myself for now. And also, Spark Magic… Idunno how to explain it to you guys yet. Even I don’t really know it’s full potential….”

Should we… Move on with this investigation?”

• Grumblegrumblegrumble...

Megumin had finally become hungry. Finding nothing to eat in the subway, Megumin sauntered out of the tunnels for food.

As she wandered by, she came across a news broadcast of people trapping themselves in a dungeon with hundreds of zombie like creatures. Hah. Idiots.

Though some of those people on screen gave her a peculiar feeling of deja vu...

• Nebula
    Neb continued exploring the subway tunnels ahead of the group. More of those abandoned machines, more of the monsters (now in pieces). His group probably isn't the only one there... And suddenly, he heard something...

"BUT NOTHING YOU CAN SAY IS GONNA STOP ME FROM BATTLING THAT ROBOT! NOBODY TAKES HINARO AWAY FROM ME AND EXPECTS THE CONFLICT TO END IN PEACE! "

Well whoever that was, they don't sound very pleased. He followed the tracks some more....
    And after walking for some while, and (not) enjoying the rather grotesque view of dead bodies, he discovered a giant hole on the side of the subway walls. Talk about a nice detour. Time to report back to the team...

He returned to Claire, FL4K, D-Dog, the Skag and Yung Venus (Did I miss anyone else?), confident with his report
    "I think I found what you were looking for... And apart from those guys we fought, we're probably not alone.... Follow me..."
    After his information report, he lead the rest of the team to the hole in the wall. Who knows what's in there

Butch the Survivor
&
News reporter team:

Well.... this was certainly.... something.... Butch and John Henry both thought to themselves, as they wondered how the hell they had gotten here, from John Henry having to duck in order to dodge a sword slice from Eric that killed two Necromorphs, to Butch having his left hand hit with a ball of acid, to which it’s still alright, due to the natural regeneration the curse provides... but still, it hurted like hell-fire. Also, just before they reached the end of the hallway, Butch just merely nodded, he knew that this was the first time meeting this individual, and yeah, he would be wary to if some stranger approached him while injured, even if they have good intent, so he continued on, occasionally looking behind his back to make sure they weren’t being followed by one of those creatures again.... with Benrey doing the same as well.

At the end, they meet seemingly a sleeping iron golem in Butch’s eyes, while it was a dormant robot by the news crew, as John Henry said to Gael the cameraman:

“Make sure to take every shot of this... this is a new discovery that we just made with many others....”

As the entire scene was taken in by the audience... but, things began going downhill, as soon as someone woken up the machine, causing Butch to jump back in instinct... but the robot didn’t seem to have any ill intent towards anyone... to which it also questioned on how do the others exist... and before either one of them could answer.... Marnie made things made.... much tougher to answer considering that they were basically screaming death threats and blood murder... as well as things that didn’t made all that sense... which caused John Henry and the other two to look at each other in confusion, before shrugging as Gael continued to record this, after all, things like this could be considered interesting to the audience, no matter the content as long as it’s viable.

Butch however, was tired of everyone’s shit.... he was tired of the amount of stress he gained just from trying to survive, the stress that he missed out on potential money, and that he probably couldn’t go back to his boss ever again unless he did even more fucking missions and gain nothing as well... and the fact that people can’t seem to stop arguing for one single second just wants to make him... and especially with the Crimson Curse making him more vulnerable to stress... it wants him to just release this pent anger in the only way possible for him...

“ENOUGH.... IF I HEAR ONE MORE COMPLAINT AND ARGUMENT, I WILL WILLINGLY COME UP TO YOU AND SHOVE THOSE WORDS DOWN YOUR THROAT, BEFORE SLAMMING YOU INTO THE GROUND SO HARD, YOU WILL BE SEEING NOTHING BUT A WHITE FLASH IN YOUR EYES FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. IM JUST TIRED OF ALL THIS BICKERING THAT IS LEADING NOWHERE, ESPECIALLY SINCE ONE SIDE DOESN’T EVEN KNOW HOW TO NOT MAIM THE FIRST THING THEY SEE DOWN HERE FOR SOME BLOODY GOD DAMN REASON.... NOW ENOUGH WITH YOUR BICKERING, AND ALLOW THIS ROBOT TO SPEAK FIRST....!”

as the armored man now began to calm down... but throughout the entire ordeal, he was sweating the same crimson liquid from earlier... like something was completely wrong with him... but thankfully, it seems to have a much lesser effect now... as the man now looked upon the robot, and saying

“I’m sorry you had to see and hear all of that... just had so much stress pent up... just figured that was the only way to release it... so, the name is Butch, and uh, while yes, I am human... I’m not entirely sure if I’m not even from this planet in the first place.... I’m sure the others have been here longer and can make a much better conversation, but probably your in the same situation as us, someone from another Earth who is now stranded in a very different and unknown planet.... I don’t even know the name of this place.... oh, mind my manners, but I haven’t asked what is your name yet... mind telling us it sir... metallic golem...?”

Butch said in a completely 360 degree turn from the outburst he had earlier... but it seemed that he was much more different when stress wasn’t piled up into his shoulders right now... as he awaited a response from the robot... while the News Crew just silently kept recording everything that was happening here.

CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow LilacMonarch LilacMonarch Monarch381 Monarch381 P PopcornPie darkred darkred Laix_Lake Laix_Lake MCProvata MCProvata FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla TheElenaFisher TheElenaFisher Celestial Speck Celestial Speck flowerfan19283 flowerfan19283 Emiya Shin Emiya Shin Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 AlexandraRoseLeclerc AlexandraRoseLeclerc Ellya Ellya

Alisa McNish: The Outlaw Racer of Las Vegas
tear in the multiverse.jpg
Mood: Easily Won against the Necromorphs
Interaction: Ren, Knockout, and Everyone in The Den
Mention: CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow , TheElenaFisher TheElenaFisher , Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 , MCProvata MCProvata , & etc.

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───
EVENT POST
╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

Alisa wiped some sweat from her head meaning that they’ve won the fight against the small number of Necromorphs after she and Knockout had finally killed the last Necromorph which is the Puker after Ren tried to kill it with his knife of the head which it doesn’t work since it should be in the limbs to have its weakness and since she had familiarity which lead to killing ten times, she sighed in a tired way since she must be very tired yet under pressure from the fight against the Necromorphs. She must be very fuming yet furious on the person because she must be thinking that he sent the Necromorphs to them, Oh my freaking god, that is by far the most intense fight I’ve ever fought in my life.

She panted heavily, she would put back her butterfly knife into her holster and looked at Knockout and Ren with a thumbs up since the two would help her in fighting the Necromorphs. She could wipe out some blood that was flowing from her face since she was sprayed by a Slasher after she sliced the limbs, Looks like we should continue to search but we should check if there is anything suspicious going on while we could find out who did this.

She suggested, yet all the three have to do is to continue searching on who is the person that is behind the message while they should check if there is something suspicious or found more Necromorphs. Alisa pulled out her USP before she turned on her flashlight attachment and tries to have the three following her while checking if there is something as a clue or a Necromorph that could get shot in the limbs, she would walked towards a hidden den to see some people that are in the den thinking that they too tried to find who is the hacker behind the message as well before she could put back her USP into her holster after she turned off her flashlight, Hey, y’all here for the hacker too??

She asked everyone, she must be too tired yet found some backup but she doesn't know everyone so it should be a battle once again or they could align together to fight against the hacker. She would wait for everyone that was in the den except Ren and Knockout to reply to her question.

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Cameron Wilson-Müller: The Water Absorbing Mercenary
tear in the multiverse(2).png
Mood: Relieved when Talria Saved Both of Them
Interaction: Talira, Aqua, & Everyone
Mention: CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow , TheElenaFisher TheElenaFisher , Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 , MCProvata MCProvata , & etc.

I͢..... I͢..... I͢..... I͢..... I͢..... I͢..... I͢..... I͢..... I͢.....
EVENT POST
╔═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰〗══✲⋅*,∴°═══╗

As Cameron tries to get inside of the opened door when a portal opens up in the subway, and one of the Guardians from the Vanguard, a woman clad in thick layers of red armor all around comes out, sparks of electricity running up and down her arms, cackling and heating up the air around her. He can recognize that the Vanguard who opened the portal is Talria, the Titan he met in Manhattan at the GV Headquarters earlier on before the interrupted messages happened. How she switched her armor out so fast- well that's anybody's guess but he would sigh in relief on his thoughts.

Talria runs forward and leaps into the air, the sparks across her arms dancing more violently, more frequently, until it looks as if a blue aura engulfs her fists. She slams into the ground and creates a shockwave that sends every Necromorph after Aqua and the half-German flying and their bodies would turn into a blue-colored energy before the Titan could ask the two that they’re alright, Ja, we’re alright. But I’m so glad that you’re here to save the both of us from those Kreaturen, Talria.

He said when the Titan steps forward, and asked the two that they’re alive while he could try to follow her to the suspiciously covered entrance way in the wall but he knew that she was joking and the half-German looked at the two while trying to wait for the Titan to respond on his compliment of how she saved the two from the creatures.

╚═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰〗══✲⋅*,∴°═══╝

latest

Assassin, Sasaki Kojirō
status: In japan, A massive robot, fictional narratives, and an angry talking rabbit.
condition: normal
A few good moments of decapitating Necromorphs, they were simply cannon fodder. It wasn't even much of an issue for him. So when Yoriichi vacated the subway due to a certan...wrathfull Fenric fox, he was perfectly fine with taking over his share of foes. There was no greater thing than some true care and compassion for one another. Eventually, the group encountered a few others before making their way towards a formally bored up entrance to arrive at some sort of room. With a...robot? One who clearly has no context for the phenomenon that is occurring in this world
"BUT NOTHING YOU CAN SAY IS GONNA STOP ME FROM BATTLING THAT ROBOT! NOBODY TAKES HINARO AWAY FROM ME AND EXPECTS THE CONFLICT TO END IN PEACE! "
A bit odd, given it was Emer who kidnaped people over some Wrathful and unclear issues. And yet the talking pastel rabbit is basically venting her rage in a less than beneficial way, it didn't help that they were called fictional by the robot in question. And to further pile on that amount of stress, came a certain armored man by the name of Butch, and his near vast amounts of stress over what is going on. Maybe a reminder is in order?

"If you wanted vengeance, wouldn't you be going after the newly formed wrath that took your friends?" he asked "The sword's men that were here earlier went after her. You would be best on your way topside, or do you blame yourself for things out of our control."

As calm as anyone could be. That's what he said to the talking rabbit about a pokemon whose issues are more complicated than that of the vixen who summoned him to begin with.

He takes another glance around. For the first time in this machine's life, he's... confused. These variables he did not account for, suddenly coming to his rescue...

"How is it that you are... real?"

"The world you are in at this moment is not the same as your own."

CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow LilacMonarch LilacMonarch Monarch381 Monarch381 P PopcornPie darkred darkred MCProvata MCProvata FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla TheElenaFisher TheElenaFisher Celestial Speck Celestial Speck flowerfan19283 flowerfan19283 Emiya Shin Emiya Shin Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 AlexandraRoseLeclerc AlexandraRoseLeclerc Ellya Ellya

"Don't you get it?! I don't want to."

Marnie only shed her mask for Sasaki. She let some tears rise above her eyelid as she looked him over. "I can't. I can't hold onto the blame, and you know you can't either, so don't ask me to! If I could, I wouldn't be here! Why would anyone want this over their heads for as long as they live?! How could anyone here sleep tonight knowing that they have failed themselves in every way possible?! I won't let that happen! No one deserves it!" She turned back to Bio-Beta, pounding on him, though her pounds weren't nearly as strong as before. "Please, robot, just take the blame! Say it was all a trap! Haven't I made it clear?! This is all a fucking mess, and I can't fix it! There's nothing I can do! My partner is gone, innocent people are gone, and I've been taught in the harshest way possible that I'm not as smart as I thought I was. I was so obsessed with being a hero that I didn't think ahead, and I have so many people suffering from my inability to guard them! Only someone like you could sleep with the weight, so please, take it! Don't let me live with the blood of my best friend on my hands! Please..." Her sobs were desperate, her tears bitter. She lost her grip on him and slid to the floor. "Please, just say I was your guinea pig. Gloat however long you want. Just please say my failure wasn't my own conscious choice!"

Laix_Lake Laix_Lake CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow

The Greeks

• Kassandra was wise to put up her arms as a X-shaped shield in front of her whilst Sophitia did whatever she had done. With her eyes still shut, a Slasher rushed up to her and clawed away rapidly, the first pair of swipes aimed at her forearms. Thanks to her bracers, however, all she sustained were bruises underneath the protective pieces. The second wasn't so lucky, as the frenzied freak hacked away at her right bicep to leave a deep gash just before the Athenian newcomer's holy light blasted away practically any of the foes left.

The young Alexandra, on the other hand, was left unscathed, and was left free to observe the aftermath. From one quick glance, the party had received one more member- someone with green skin and glasses- who wasn't exactly that friendly-seeming. In addition, both Cloud and Kassandra had sustained melee wounds- the latter of the two showing a slight grimace despite her combat experience- and the original stranger had sustained an acidic wound to his hand. Speaking of whom, Sophitia noticed the vial of his looked oddly like blood. The blonde frowned at the sight, but didn't say anything for now. Instead, she slung her gods-blessed weapons over her shoulder before looking at the tunnel ahead of them. A few moments' worth of staring later, and she turned her head to the others.

"Let's keep going, and make sure nobody else is trapped here. I think we should at least try to find whoever sent that message, too." At this, Kassandra just nodded. The Eagle Bearer was doing her best to ignore the sting of the wound- which was still a little tough, despite all her years of being a mercenary and gathering battle scars. In fact, it seemed a little tougher than usual to ignore the throbbing pain; this was because- like the others- Kassandra had gotten a bit of Necromorph matter in her wound. Either way, the brunette sheathed her own weapons before using her good arm as a perch for Ikaros, who finally came back now that everything had calmed down.

"Yes, let's." Kassandra didn't actually say anything to Aerith, despite clearly seeing the florist heal the other party mercenary. She couldn't even tell why she did that. Perhaps it was because of her pride; maybe it was because she didn't want to bother her still-somewhat unfamiliar friend, or maybe it was since she had survived much worse injuries. Either way, for now the wound went unattended as the party left the scene, the only signs that they had been there being some blood and Butch's ex-buddies. All the Necromorphs seemed to have been decimated by Sophitia, thankfully.

Statuses

Last edited:

• "You're *cough* right..." Cloud watched enviously as Kassandra simply cured herself. This was bad, being terminally ill was the last thing he wanted out of an otherworldly adventure. Yet he was also turning curious. This robot was in the same area, so surely he knew what this disease was, right? "What *coughcough* is this disease? How *cough* long do I have to *cough* live?" He was...eerily calm on the second question, but he'd lived a pretty fulfilling life anyway.

• 𝙲𝚕𝚊𝚒𝚛𝚎 𝚁𝚎𝚍𝚏𝚒𝚎𝚕𝚍
    ━━━━━━ ⊙ ━━━━━━
    So they all managed to take care of the creatures pretty quickly. “Whatever these things are, I know one thing Umbrella didn’t make these.” Claire then looked at Neb. “Not bad. Also, you got all of that gold just by making dye? If I knew how to make dye, I would’ve had enough to get my own house and extra motorcycles.” Listening to Neb explain what he could do, she had to admit: she was impressed. “Really? That’s pretty cool that you can do all of that. And yeah, lets keep moving.

Following Neb, she didn’t even bother covering her nose. Having gone into the sewers and smelling the kinds of smells Umbrella’s creations made, she was used to some pretty terrible smells. As Neb ran on ahead and then came back, telling them what he found, she followed him to the hole in the wall. “
    Well… there’s only one way to see what’s in there.” Going through the hole, she eventually made it to the room to see a robot activated and a lot of people there. “Guessing you guys also came because of that message? I was starting to think we were the only ones who got here.

From how people were reacting, apparently this robot was telling them that they weren’t real and there were people there that were injured as well as some that were coughing. The coughing part really didn’t sound good to her.

SkipTheKip SkipTheKip , CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow , Ellya Ellya , Venom Snake Venom Snake , FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla , @Monarch381, LilacMonarch LilacMonarch , flowerfan19283 flowerfan19283 , P PopcornPie , LUCY222 LUCY222 , Laix_Lake Laix_Lake , Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 , Celestial Speck Celestial Speck , darkred darkred , @Ellya, @Emiya Shin, @Shooting Star Asuka, MCProvata MCProvata , Darklord95 Darklord95

• Nebula

Neb lead the others into the hole, and as he emerges through the tunnel... Crikey… It seems just about everyone’s here. Some on 4 legs, most of them on two… Was… This mechanical creature behind all that?... All those dastardly beasts that he fought?

It seems Claire’s concerned about something. Not only that, Neb also caught wind of a few things apart from that loud argument while exploring the tunnel earlier. One creature, similar in shape to him, with icy blue fur, scolding another creature, lying down on the floor, all the while coughing like mad. It seems everyone’s morale are at an all-time low, but he has no idea how to help

“Claire… About this Umbrella… What did they do? Did they make something similar to the things we fought earlier?... Also…” He looks over at everyone else. “Why’s everyone coughing?...” It seems he can't connect the dots. Someone may need to enlighten him about it

Last edited:

Alisa McNish: The Outlaw Racer of Las Vegas
tear in the multiverse.jpg
Mood: Trying to Check if She is Infected like The Other Groups
Interaction: Aerith, The Robot Hacker
Mention: TheElenaFisher TheElenaFisher , CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow , P PopcornPie , Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 , MCProvata MCProvata , & etc.

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───
EVENT POST
╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

Alisa looked at everyone with a concerned look and a robot turned on before a girl asking that they have the message which she nodded but when she was looking at everyone coughing but then realized that some have bandages so it must be that the Necromorphs have infected some with the wounds before two girls tries to heal everyone that was coughing and the first girl would cast a healing spell in a staff then the other girl tries to cast her own healing ability too to everyone that was coughing. She sighed in relief, she must be very excited to meet some new people too since they’re going to find out who caused the diseases too, Yeah, my group just got here too for the person who was behind the message so it must be a pleasure to finally meet the other groups that could find who is responsible on the interrupted messages which turned out that it was a freakin robot that cause all of this right now.

She replied to the girl who asked everyone that they got the message also and she was too curious about the other groups but when a boy with a giant sword and blonde hair asked the girl who healed everyone that he was going to die but she exclaimed at her instead.

She face-palmed herself in a awkward mood before she could put her hands stuff on her pockets while having to listen to the robot who was turned on and asking everyone that it is the one who interrupted the broadcasts and podcasts to have her here and it said that the Necromorphs are the ‘simulations’ that it’s called, So you have to me that you interrupted every news broadcasts and radio podcasts all across America and the entire world just to tell us that some non-humans and humans are from different worlds??

She asked the robot, Alisa must be quite confused yet curious on why the robot did in fact cause it so she must be in a full on curiosity look in her own eyes. She then sighed in an almost defeated tone and she wasn’t expecting but she needs to wait for the girl that holds a staff and the robot responding to her while she was being a bit impatient at her questions, she has been a patient for now but she didn’t expect to be a bit impatient right now yet it could work.

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Cameron Wilson-Müller: The Water Absorbing Mercenary
tear in the multiverse(2).png
Mood: Curious on Why The Robot Hacked
Interaction: Talria
Mentions: CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow , TheElenaFisher TheElenaFisher , FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla , MCProvata MCProvata , & etc

I͢..... I͢..... I͢..... I͢..... I͢..... I͢..... I͢..... I͢..... I͢.....
EVENT POST
╔═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰〗══✲⋅*,∴°═══╗

Cameron was trying to convince when everyone is trying to attack but Talria asked them all to stop attacking before someone needed to turn some sort of a robot on and someone would actually have it on, the robot would ask everyone that the non humans and humans are fictional which means that they’re from different worlds. The half-German had his ears listened about what the robot said before a girl with long purple hair was asking the question on why it led here in the first place, he must be quite keen on what was going on right here. But it must be some sort of a lead on something that is sinister would come in the future, so he could be trying to connect the pieces together later on.

He would turn back to the Titan female and sighed in a relieved tone, Danke for saving the both of us earlier, Talria. It seems that it should be important to all of us now since we’ve finden out the truth behind the interrupted broadcast.

Cameron gave Talria a thumbs up before he could try to look around the small room that could fit the other groups while trying not to distract their own conversations, he was waiting for the Titan female to respond his compliment on the save.

╚═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰〗══✲⋅*,∴°═══╝

Last edited:

• this is super alte because Sleep but

Marvin dropped Marnie the moment she said,
    "AAAAAAAUGH! OKAY OKAY! YOU'RE NOT A TIN CAN!"
    still looking quite annoyed. Marvin despises any form of robot slurs being used against him. "This dude did nothing. He was literally deactivated. I'm pretty sure he ain't evil." Marvin glanced back over at Bio Beta.
    "So.. why are you here??"
    CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow

• EVENT POST
    R.I. SQUAD

"I didn't even know I could turn into that alien," Ben says, having recently turned back to his human form.

"Looks like the last of them," Ifrit adds, then turns to Sam, "eh, whatever, it's not like we caused a tonne of collateral damage or anything. We defeated the bad guys and no citizens were harmed."

Looking to the automaton that just rebooted itself, Ben said, "you'll be surprised at what can be real. If you want a simplified answer, a lot of us aren't from this universe. So... what is your name, anyways?"

During this, Sam, Shaw, Ifrit and all R.I. Operators within the zone were contacted by the Doctor.

"Krrr.... Operators, stakrrr reporkrrrr... darn it, I'm krrrr getting static. Krrrrtus Krrrport. Krrrr"

Crow Crow P PopcornPie Emiya Shin Emiya Shin @AshuraaHunter Celestial Speck Celestial Speck Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27

CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow (GM)

• Cloud shrugged. "I'm not being dramatic, I'm just asking. *cough* I've lived a good life."

After Tifa healed him, he smiled gratefully, but still couldn't say much. "I still want to know what that disease was." He inquired through a hoarse, healing throat.

Last edited:

• "You're what-ing?" the Doctor would speak through comms. "Don't be krrr Shaw, you've always been krrrve. That is your most krrrable trait. A trait your peers acknowledge. That's why I put my krrr in you. Tell me, what's afflicting you?"

P PopcornPie

• Up above her, Natasha was cured of her illness. "...So, I guess you'll live after all, *cough* Natasha...Good...Though I will still carry your blood on my paws...And I'll be able to stop bothering you...forever...*coughcough*...Forgive me for not preventing any of this...*cough*...Do find yourself a bounty hunter who is...better..." She grew excited as she felt her organs begin to fail. This was the last place she expected to die, the last way, but a beggar could not be a chooser. As years passed, in death, even she could finally forget her own recklessness. She could become known for something else. Anything else. With this broken spine, the Heavens were the limit.

She held faith in that. She held her eyes closed, waiting for the end.

"Nice to neet you, Marnie! I'm Hinaro."

Her eyes shot open.

Maybe this was just her brain's reflex. Maybe one of the psychics was doing something to convince her to live. Whatever it was...she could see everything that led up to this point.

When they'd first met, Hinaro looked at her with shiny new eyes. The duo was no longer a pair of lonely outcasts. And it felt good.

Feeling even better was that first bounty they'd pursued together, against those Shiftry. Hinaro was so worried that she'd be done in by their Razor Leaves, but she lived. And they went home hugging. The next battles went similar, Marnie slowly improving herself for her partner, her partner starting to follow her example. Together, they were toppling organized crime circles. Up until this subway, they were invincible.

If Hinaro saw her like this? She would be devastated. Realizing that made Marnie lift her head at last.

"Don't do this to yourself." She ordered softly, still struggling to breathe. "Hinaro wouldn't want me to die, she didn't get slaughtered just for me to give up." She looked around. "At the same time, I can't stay here. Not after the way I failed everyone. How do I find it in myself to keep living?" She struggled to lift herself, but it brought sharp pains whenever she tried to move her legs. "I won't find out if I stay in this city, will I?" She coughed one more time, then kindled up the strength to drag herself along the tracks. She kept her ears perked forward, away from everyone's protests. "I'll find a way to live with the weight. Maybe I'll check myself in to a mental ward. Maybe someone will still accept an idiot like me. I just can't die." A weak fire fought to survive in her browbeaten eyes.

Last edited:
Ryujo had been following the group for a bit when he felt downhearted.

I didn't even find any of my friends... just how am I gonna be able to handle this?
He felt himself shake before he phased out of the tunnels.

-Somewhere over the pacific-

Ryujo fell out of the sky and back into the water.
"Shit! Not again!"
He felt himself sink to the bottom of the ocean yet again, and he felt sadness grip him yet again.

".... Am I alone again?"

full

Sam
Evening
Tokyo - Subway Area

Sam blinked her amber eyes to Ryujo, as he mentioned about mental contact. How does that even work? Originium Arts? Or is it one of those Otherworlder wizardry that she could not understand? It made her stunned for a while, until one of the peculiar furry Otherworlder animals (Eric) said to her that she has done a good job. In return, she did an informal salute to him and gave him a gentle smile of assurance. Ifrit soon replied to the white-haired Lupo as well, stating that the collateral damage was minimal. Sam then promptly looked at Ifrit's previous location, and even sniffed the air for that iconic smell of charred flesh.

"Good job, Ifrit." She nodded with approval. "Dokutah would be proud at you for handling your Originium Arts so nicely. Did your new partner taught you some new tricks?"

At this moment, Sam finally remembered that Ryujo was waiting for her answer. As she turned towards him...

"Oh yeah, Mr. Katagiri, I think you can---"

... Only to see that he already followed the group deeper into the tunnel.

"Welp. Too late for that, I guess..."

She shrugged her shoulders, before following the large group into the subway tunnels. They eventually stopped at a peculiar wall. It was hastily boarded with a combination of concrete and wooden planks. Ryujo eventually made a short work of the obstacle with his energy beam, and quickly went inside, as if he was eager for answers to the event that happened in this subway. Sam on the other hand, was not enthused about the truth. If it was not for the Dokutah's orders to investigate the source of the disturbance in the subway, she would have walked away after the fight was over. The white-haired Lupo was one of the last ones to enter.

Sam was soon greeted with a room full of electronic contraptions, with what it seemed like a robot in the center of the room. She was unsettled by the massive amount of technology displayed on this area. Nevertheless, the white-haired Lupo chose to stay, and soon leaned on the nearest wall that she can find. The dangling robot with rocket thrusters was eventually activated, and soon talked with the same voice that Sam has heard during the broadcast hijack. She did heard the part where it doubted their existence, but she paid no heed to it, while some of them refuted emotionally.

The topic soon turned for the worse, as if there are some sort of infighting between them. Sam felt exasperated with the ongoing atmosphere. Just when she was about to leave the room, her portable radio beeped, and she swiftly accepted the call. It was the Dokutah, presumably asking for status report. The amount of static rendered the comms barely perceptible.

"Ifrit, I'll be stepping out for a while." Sam announced to Ifrit. "The Dokutah has paged us just now. I'm heading out to get a better signal. I'll be back as soon as possible."

With that said, the white-haired Lupo immediately headed out from the room, and returned to the subway platform where the previous battle has happened. She eventually sat down on one of the empty metal benches, before connecting to the Dokutah. Hopefully this will improve the signal.

"This is Sam calling to Dokutah, over."

She leaned on the bench, exhibiting some traces of exhaustion through her eyes while waiting for the Dokutah's response.

"Better clean my blade, then..." Sam muttered to herself, before unsheathing her weapon, and started cleaning it with a cloth that she used to disguise the Eastern Blade from plain sight...

Interactions: Dokutah, Ifrit - Crow Crow
Mentions: Eric - CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow , Ryujo Katagiri - Shooting Star Asuka, Pokemon folks, Group 4s, and the reporting team

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back