• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Your agent had sounded excited. He had a part for you to go and audition for. You were going to be reading for the part of a member of a team of four superheroes - Team Xtreme. The name of the show sounded a little lame. Maybe the producer could be talked into changing it.

When you arrived there were a number of other actors there to audition. After listening to some of them talk your hopes grew a bit as it sounded like none of them were in your class as an actor. And your agent had said they wanted an actor willing to do some stuntwork for realism.

You thought you had done very well in your reading of the part. But when the day was done you saw some of the Staff walking away with one of the other actors holding what looked like a contract. Another man came out to thank you personally for showing up and that he would call if you made the cut. You knew a brush off when you got one. But there was something a little odd about the man. He walked with unnaturally short steps.

The Parts
The four characters will be similar to the following characters:
Black Widow
Green Arrow
Kato (from Green Hornet)
Nightwing (as in the former Robin)

In short, these superheroes fall into the categories of badass martial artists, gadgeteers, etc … not superpowered ubermensches like Thor, Hulk, and so on. Perhaps the term superagents would apply.

The Recruitment
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/55/Dashiell_Hammett_"Thin_Man"_portrait.jpg
The Thin Man (the picture is that of Dashiell Hammett)

You awoke the next morning, hit the bathroom, got dressed and started to grab breakfast. But when you opened the door to your bedroom you discovered your room was a set. The room was inside of a large warehouse along with three other rooms. At the center of the four rooms was a lit up area with four chairs. You couldn’t even see the walls of the warehouse.

The four actors recognized one another.

“Welcome!” a disembodied voice spoke. It was the voice of the man who had said he would call if you made the cut. “Please, have a seat. I shall be with you shortly.”

Once the group was seated another small area lit up by a theatrical spotlight where there was a small podium and the Thin Man.

“Greetings and congratulations,” he announced.

“We got the parts?” one of you asked.

“The show? Oh no, no! Of course not. This is MUCH better. They are actors. You have something they lack. You are heroes! At least you will be.”

The man was a lunatic.

“Who the hell ARE you?” someone asked.

“Who --? Oh! Forgive me. Introductions. I was so excited that I completely forgot. You may call me John, John Hammett.”

“How the hell did we get here?!”

John looked surprised. “Oh, that would take some explaining. Perhaps we should stick with why? The actors for the show will be playing the parts of you. You are to become the real heroes - in secrecy, of course. Each of you has had some training in various skills like martial arts, or archery, use of rappelling gear, and such. That is the reason I chose you. And you are better actors.”

Characters
Each of you should create a CS. I am not picky about the format. But you should at least pick which part you intend to play. Please do not claim a part, then take forever to submit a CS. I will not be holding slots for long. The CS should read a bit like the bio of an actor.

The second part of your CS should be a description of the superhero. In short, I want you to personalize them. The actors who will get your part in the TV show will play … you … thanks to special effects.

I will be playing the part of the Thin Man.

Note: Each of you is welcome to roleplay your counterparts as well as stunt doubles, etc as needed. The RP itself should concentrate of the missions.

Decent spelling and grammar
A typical post should be about 400-600 words (about a page). But I emphasize quality over quantity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back