• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Team Alpha! (OPEN)

PolarBear20

There are special people in the world. There are those special enough to perform surgery, those special enough to solve mathematical equations with a glance, and there are those that can shoot lasers from their eyes and fly over rooftops at high speeds. That’s right! In a time of scientific development and social injustices, there are those with abilities that have yet to be discovered! Walking through walls, throwing an automobile, breathing fire…it’s all possible. That being said, what can you do?

• The story takes place in the late eighties. Crime is low but it still occurs. In the city of Fenton, some people believe they can do whatever they want. With a rising of organized crime, there truly is something going on behind the curtains. As a member of the super group known as Team Alpha, it’s your job to find out what’s going on and keep everyone safe in the process.

Last edited:
Before I go and fill out a submission, I'd like to know what the limits of character builds are. Is anything off limits? How complex can powers be? How many powers can characters have? What do you consider to be OP?

Oh, and this is probably a long-shot but, is there a chance of playing a character that is NOT on the "good guys" team?

Before I go and fill out a submission, I'd like to know what the limits of character builds are. Is anything off limits? How complex can powers be? How many powers can characters have? What do you consider to be OP?

Oh, and this is probably a long-shot but, is there a chance of playing a character that is NOT on the "good guys" team?
There is nothing off limits as long as it can somehow be explained by science. Basically, the stronger you are, the more weaknesses you should have. A character is limited to a single power, but sub-abilities are accepted. This would be considered using telekinesis to fly or using telepathy to astral project. If this is going to occur, it must be listed that your power is capable of doing so. It can also be requested as abilities can change and evolve as people do.

As for the option of a "villain" of some sort, it's definitely an option. If you feel as if playing as the antagonist may be more fun, I'm fully in favor of it. We would have to talk a little more about it just so I can better plan for events and make sure the RP continues to run smoothly. (If you are to be the only villain against a group of supers, your abilities may be more powerful in order to keep things fair. As stated, we will just need to talk a little more about it.)

Hmm, alright. sounds good. I'll wait and see who else might join and submit characters before I decide which way to go. But I definitely am interested in creating a villain if it's an option.

Ok I'm interested in this as well! Would I be able to make a villain as well? Or should I keep it even for now?

I hope the CS is ok! I still need to work on an alias for her, but I hope everything else is alright.
I'm interested in the idea you have behind this character. I'm not understanding her abilities though. Do you think you could add more detail to explain how exactly she can turn sound energy into light energy (I'm assuming it does thermal/photo damage), that's all I would really need. Sort of like a scientific explanation behind her power. (It's sci-fi so as long as it sounds possible, I can work with it.)

Also, which position were you hoping to take (Leader, Second in Command, or Teammate)?

Hi, I may be interested, but what are you looking for in post lengths?
Length may vary from post to post. As long as there are enough details to keep the story flowing. Sometimes a single sentence will fit best as a response as long as it isn't the only way someone responds.

Length may vary from post to post. As long as there are enough details to keep the story flowing. Sometimes a single sentence will fit best as a response as long as it isn't the only way someone responds.
awesome, I probably will sign up then.
Are you going to make a discord server, or is there an ooc thread?

I'm interested in the idea you have behind this character. I'm not understanding her abilities though. Do you think you could add more detail to explain how exactly she can turn sound energy into light energy (I'm assuming it does thermal/photo damage), that's all I would really need. Sort of like a scientific explanation behind her power. (It's sci-fi so as long as it sounds possible, I can work with it)

Also, which position were you hoping to take (Leader, Second in Command, or Teammate)?

Yea I can add that in right away! As for position I think I’d like to take just a teammate position for now! :)

Edit: ok so I added the scientific explanation in, I’m hoping it makes enough sense... I’ve never been great at science 😅 as for damage it really all just depends on how loud the sounds are for her. Most of the time all she can produce is a very bright light from sounds, but if it’s loud enough (I.e. A jet engine or some equivalent) the light will be hot and bright enough to burn, like turning a simple light to fire when held against a magnifying glass, but the magnifying glass is dependent on sound waves instead.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, there would really only be about three of you involved. I can still make it work in a small group, still open to the public as a join and drop whenever. Supers are always coming and going. I'll take main narrative and possible big bads so you all have an antagonist. At the same time, more people can join as villains as well. Anyone could really be welcome to join as long as they don't OP or god mode. Would anyone be interested in that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back