• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Taylor's Home For Androids -IC-

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Taylor smiled as she walked through the empty halls of her large estate. It was early morning and most of the Androids and Humans haven't woken yet. Starting a program to take in humans was a perfect idea. There were so many experiments to be done, and she also just enjoyed watching them interact with rapt interest. Her eyes began to rotate and spin as she took in new information wirelessly. She had some new guests that were shipped in. Why she only now got this update would mean a word with the operational AI running the facility.

Stepping into one of the new rooms Taylor pressed a button on the side of the wall, a forced activation for the user of the room.

Mandy woke up. Of course, waking up consisted of completely forgetting that she was in a totally new place. She scrambled up quickly. Looking around quickly, she realized that she was at her new home, and sighed.
"I wonder how long this new place is going to take getting used to." She muttered, before lazily getting up. She quickly examined the room, wishing any sort of hidden door would appear. But no... it was a relatively plain room, simple in style, with no secret doors.

"Uh... I'm horribly and completely lost?" She asked to no one in particular. She waited around a bit, before lying back down in the bed and watching the door.

Last edited:
Tamara sat in the side of her room as per usual. It wasn't odd for her to wait for Master to awaken but today was different. Today there was no Master to wait for instead the corner of which she waited was a waiting room in her new home. Her directive was to greet Mistress Taylor and introduce herself as the Mistress' new hand and chambermaid. Where is the Mistress? She wondered.

Taylor smiled widely. "CRR-038, She said picking up a clipboard and scanning it quickly. "So your name is Beth. You've been modified illegally, transferred multiple times and one of your previous owners died. That's quite a history. I can assume you were used in a more standard fashion, rather than a free-thinking operation. Being used only when needed. Things will be different here. You'll be allowed to wander about and make your own decisions as you please. Unless I give any direct commands, you're your own person." Tayler concluded looking the new Android over.

wereplatypus3 wereplatypus3

Beth slept (Or what passes as sleeping for androids) flat on her back, with her arms laying close against her sides. She also closed her eyes despite having no need to do so, another feature to make her more lifelike. When Taylor forced her activation with a simple button press, Beth's eyes shot open, followed by her torso lifting straight up to leave her sitting at a perfect 90-degree angle on her new bed. She didn't have a single hair out of place, and her clothes seemed completely free of creases and wrinkles despite having been slept in. Beth had never seen the woman before her, but her recently added protocols identified her as her new legal owner. She gave Taylor a large, warm smile as she listened to her speak, her eyes occasionally darting around to scan her new room.

"CRR-038," She said, causing Beth to nod. "So your name is Beth. You've been modified illegally, transferred multiple times and one of your previous owners died. That's quite a history. I can assume you were used in a more standard fashion, rather than a free-thinking operation. Being used only when needed. Things will be different here. You'll be allowed to wander about and make your own decisions as you please. Unless I give any direct commands, you're your own person." After her speech, Taylor proceeded to examine Beth, looking her up and down. Beth instantly began to grow afraid under Taylor's gaze. Even though she knew that it only made sense for an owner to inspect a new android, she couldn't help but remember the hungry way Antoine had looked her over in the past. Her smile never faltered, but her eye twitched as she tried to suppress her growing anxiety.

She figured the best way to push back her fear was to converse with her new owner. She used her arms to push herself forward off the bed and onto her feet. She bowed slightly to Taylor, her hands clasped in front of her as if in prayer. "Thank you very kindly, miss...owner, I very much appreciate you allowing an undeserving android like me such freedom! But I must ask, do you require anything right now? Any cooking or cleaning? Perhaps you require a babysitter?" Her smile grew a bit wider with that last statement. Her new owner seemed like a rather nice lady, granting her such a level of autonomy. It was a very pleasant change of pace from being treated as a slave for two years. But even with autonomy like that freely given, her programming to serve still came first.

TerrorKitty TerrorKitty

System rebooting....
Memory system .....active....
Weapon systems .....inactive...
MOtor functions....active...
Voice functions...activie...
Directives......new override....

Turner's eyes opened. He was in a different place and things were different since he was last awake. After scanning through his new directives, it seemed that he was no longer property of the military. That was good, especially since he hadn't been scrapped as he would have assumed. He was now registered to one Taylor.

"Hmm. Interesting..." He spoke outloud to no one in particular. "Perhaps I will be able to function as I wish and not have to commit wanton acts of violence on a whim."

Of course there was no way of knowing exactly what his new master would entail in his duties. For all he knew, he was in the employ of a mobster and would have to do hits on people. That though disturbed him. However, there was no way of predicting the outcome of things that happened while one was shut down.

All that there was to do at present was to look around this room that he had woken up in and await further instructions before jumping to further conclusions. It was bad for his circuits otherwise.

"Oh, my dear." Talor said sitting next to the House-Wife Droid and rubbing her cheek gently. "You don't need to do anything. That's your choice." She paused. "Although there is a human girl in the room three doors down to the left that I have yet to meet. She may need some assistance. Could you take her to the cafeteria and get her something to eat? I'm not very good at dealing with humans." She said as a map of the building was downloaded into Beth. "Your services are greatly appreciated." She added before getting up and walking to the door before stopping and turning her head. "You smell nice, just like my mother did." She said looking a little lost for a moment before stepping out and walking to the right, stepping into Tamara's room.

"Yes. I know who you are and your new directives, I'm the one who wrote them. What I need from you right now is to look at this." She said immediately after closing the door and a holographic screen popping up showing a video feed of her home showing her family seeming much more well off. The house has been repaired and there was new furniture among other luxuries and sitting on the couch with her siblings talking to her parents was. Her. A copy. Given the story that Taylor felt bad about the need to sell their own daughter and 'returned' her and gave her parents offers to work for one of Talor's subsidiary companies which were exclusive and lucrative. The poor family now upper middle class and even having their 'daughter' returned to them.

Aquacapsak Aquacapsak wereplatypus3 wereplatypus3

Tamara tried to process what she was looking at. "Mistress Taylor, a pleasure to meet you at last M'Lady," she said and stood to curtsy for her new Master."I thank you for showing me this. I am glad to see them well." She glanced around the room. "Will she grow with them as well?" She referred to the copy. "I suppose it doesn't matter much. Is there anything I can do to assist you today, M'Lady?" She smiled.

TerrorKitty TerrorKitty

Last edited:
Beth's eye twitched once more as Taylor rubbed her cheek. There seemed to be no trace of anything unsavory in her touch, but the very action made Beth nervous. She bravely held her smile once more. "Oh, my dear," Taylor spoke, "You don't need to do anything. That's your choice." This fit in line with the freedom that white-haired girl had promised Beth earlier, but it was still surprising to hear after such a long period of complete servitude.

"Although there is a human girl in the room three doors down to the left that I have yet to meet. She may need some assistance. Could you take her to the cafeteria and get her something to eat? I'm not very good at dealing with humans." Taylor said after a moment of hesitation. Beth clasped her hands together and gave her a small nod to show her willingness to do so. She was very happy to hear that there were also humans at the android home. She was designed to interact more with humans than with other androids after all.

In the blink of an eye, she felt information being uploaded into her OS. She almost panicked before realizing it was simply the map for the android home. Still, the action did make Beth feel strange. She was really only used to downloading updates from CCR servers. She figured it would just be something she would have to get used to. The kind words of the woman before her had begun to sway Beth in her favor, so the housekeeping android began to feel more comfortable with the idea of Taylor having the ability to upload new info directly into her."Your services are greatly appreciated." Taylor said as she began making her exit, causing Beth to beam. She hadn't been complimented on her work in so long! Beth felt that she and this new owner would be getting along very well.

"You smell nice, just like my mother did." Taylor said before finally leaving Beth in her room. Beth touched her hands to her hair, closing her eyes. She had certainly never been complimented on her smell before. Of course, she had been thoroughly washed before being shipped to the home, but still. Beth was certain that she would've blushed if she was capable of doing so. Being complimented felt very good. She hoped that she would receive more compliments from Taylor in the future.

Beth made her way down to the room Taylor had described to her. The information on the building uploaded to her OS was already making the android house seem like home. She gently pushed the door open and stepped fully inside, her shoes clacking on the floor. She gave a large smile to the girl she saw lying on the bed. Beth hid it well, but she was very excited to see a human girl again, especially one that seemed so young. "Why, hello, young miss! I'm so happy to make your acquaintance. My name is Beth." Beth took a step towards the bed, giving a small curtsy. "I hope your accommodations are to your liking. Might I have your name as well, young miss?"

TeikiFox TeikiFox

Power On.

Ivy sat up, taking in her surroundings. She never had a room, like a bedroom. She was always in the kitchens 24-7. She never minded it, but it felt oddly nice to rest.

I hope there are kitchens, I can't go on without a purpose... Well, I assume my new master will give me my assignments for the day.

She paused in thought for a moment, uploading new recipes and commands. They forgot to remove her from the Olympia server. She had all the same recipes as her replacement did.

She'll never be the same as me. Just sorry seconds. I miss everyone already.

Mandy looked up to see a- well- nicely dressed woman. She didn't really know how else to describe her other than her clothes appeared more casual or worker's dress, if there was such a thing. She perked up a bit.
"Why, hello, young miss! I'm so happy to make your acquaintance. My name is Beth." The woman said, coming towards her. "I hope your accommodations are to your liking. Might I have your name as well, young miss?"

"Oh!" Mandy replied, actually sitting up. "My name's Mandy. Nice to meet you! Uh- Are you an android?" Mandy hadn't really known androids, and in all honesty, couldn't simply tell. This was really supposed to be a place for robots, so she realized she should probably be under the assumption that most are robots, but who knew? Not her, that was for sure.

"My accommodations are fine. Do you know where I could find some food, though?"

Taylor smiled and just nodded. Internally she was actually quite annoyed. She was hoping the once human girl would be devastated after finding out her family was well off and got their daughter back only for it be not her. But rather Tamara shrugged it off like it was normal. She was more robot-like than actual androids and that ticked Taylor off. "Nothing as of now, really we should be getting to my office. I have work to do." She said leaving the room. A display popping up in Tamara's view telling her to follow.

"Ivy. I want you to prepare something for a human child and make food for the rest of the human staff." She said via comm link to the Chef Android. Better put her to use while she's here. It's not like there's much else in use for her.

Corvid15 Corvid15 Aquacapsak Aquacapsak

"Ivy. I want you to prepare something for a human child and make food for the rest of the human staff."

Ivy smiled at this command. Nothing pleased here more than being able to cook. And for multiple humans none the less!

A map uploaded to her software, a map of the facility. She left her room, towarda the kitchens. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw another android and the human girl.

Stopping them, she addressed the girl.

"Hello, I'm Ivy. What would you like me to prepare for you. Didn't know what you would like to eat? Any allergies?"

Mentions:
TeikiFox TeikiFox

And another person/android came. This time, it was almost certain this person/android was a chef based of their attire. Mandy assumed it was an android simply from the attire as well. She probably wouldn't stand constantly wearing a chef's outfit.
"Oh my gosh, um, hello! My name's Mandy. Food?" She thought for a moment, "Honestly, anything. No allergies. Wow. Um... okay." She wasn't used to having all these people/androids around her. She awkwardly stood around, waiting so she could follow them hopefully towards tables where she could eat. Do androids eat? She wondered, contemplating that fact that they seemed almost human, but could just download knowledge and other stuff.

Corvid15 Corvid15

Ivy nodded, flipping through her memory banks on the way to the kitchen.

Once inside, she was actually shocked to see a fully stocked pantry and fridge. Must have alot of human staff, or well prepared for if humans come. Hmm, something simple... Spaghetti and meatballs, something easy and comforting for the girl.

She unfolded her second set of arms, which slid out of slits in her coat, and got to work. Around half an hour later, she was finished. All from scratch, the way she did for the Queen's Gambit. Being an android allowed her to prep extremely quickly, and leave most of the time spent as cook time. It was fancy food, yes, but it would be comforting. Being a custom chef android, she could taste and calculate the exact flavoring to give the best experience, along with calculating portions enough for her and the staff.

Ivy walked out into the cafeteria, spotting the other android and the young girl, setting a plate and cutlery down infront of her, along with a glass of water.

She bowed slightly, clasping all four of her hands.

"I hope you enjoy your meal Mademoiselle. Anything else? Dessert for later? A different drink perhaps."

TeikiFox TeikiFox wereplatypus3 wereplatypus3

Mandy was a little overwhelmed to say the least. To her, it seemed, so awkward to be a light of attention towards these androids simply because she was human. At least, she was pretty sure they were androids, simply based on their behavior. She had found her way to the cafeteria, but of course, she had had Ivy and Beth that she could follow. She looked surprised at the spaghetti and meatballs.
"Wow. That was quick. I think I'm okay. Unless, you want to make more food? If so, um, you decide, I guess. It tastes really good." Mandy took a bite of the food, making sure to pause before continuing to talk. It was delicious. Her eyes were tearing up slightly from the fact that she had forgotten to wait for it to cool down and how amazing the spaghetti tasted. She smiled at Ivy, grateful.

Corvid15 Corvid15

Beth saw another android approaching both her and Mandy. Beth found her very pretty, with short white hair and piercing red eyes. Beth had developed a thing for short hair for a reason she couldn’t explain. Maybe a bug of that black market drive? The android promptly introduced herself as Ivy and offered to fix the human girl something to eat. Beth bowed respectfully to her then stepped aside to let her converse with Mandy. Beth did not like stepping into other people’s conversations. She had been taught what would happen if she did.

Beth followed Mandy who in turn was following Ivy into the cafeteria. Beth knew the way already of course, but felt it would be polite to follow behind the chef. As soon as they stepped inside, Ivy was already rushing into the kitchen. As they waited for the meal Ivy was surely preparing, Beth couldn’t help but wander the entire cafeteria, checking the dust on and around each table. She made a plan to return with some cleaning supplies later.

She had just finished with her inspection when Ivy had returned from the kitchen, a large bowl of spaghetti and meatballs in her hands. Beth was blown away. Such a simple dish, but Ivy had made it look like a masterpiece. Straight out of an ad for a gourmet restaurant. As impressed as she was with Ivy’s cooking, she also couldn’t help but be a little nervous. Ivy could clearly cook much better than herself, and more quickly. That eliminated a chunk of her skills. Beth hoped that wouldn’t mean that Taylor would find her useless. She prayed that there wasn’t an Android at the home that was a much better cleaner than her as well.

But Beth thought that was no reason not to be friendly to her. She approached the pretty chef, smiling warmly at her. “I don’t mean to be intrusive, uh, ma’am,” Beth said, not entirely certain how to address other androids. “But... would it be possible to get some Type 3 Nutrient Paste? If it’s not too much trouble, of course.” Beth was able to consume human food, but had only ever subsisted on nutrient paste since it was very cheap. She wouldn’t feel right asking for anything else.

Ivy cocked her head at the other android. Nutrient paste? If the android was sure she wanted that, she wasn't one to judge.

"If you're sure that is what you want, it'll be no problem. I've made enough for all the staff, plus 5 extra portions. If you wish to have some instead, you can. So sorry, but you are? You never introduced yourself."

She knew that some androids could eat, herself being able to eat and taste better than humans. But Nutrient Paste was... not even food. Ivy had tried it once, and she crashed. It ... you could survive on it, but you shouldn't have to.

She looked the droid over, a very 1950's aesthetic, but pretty. She wasnt programmed to have emotions, but the other chefs had taught her. If she recalled, this was mild... attraction? Infatuation? She never served food, so she didn't see any customers. And her fellow chefs were her family. This would be something to process later.

Eventually, Turner began to here sounds of life elsewhere in the building. At least it seemed that he wasn't alone. Perhaps he should go investigate. Even if it was only to get a greater lay of the land and the people that dwelled within it.

As he exited his room, it seemed that the sounds were emanating from down the hall within the kitchen. That must mean that there are humans within this dwelling. He had very little interactions with civilians other than outside contractors and even those had to interact based on certain security parameters. Perhaps if he could interact with them, he'd get to find that peaceful existence that he always wanted.

Turner entered the kitchen and approached cautiously with a smile. "Hello my fellow houseguests. My name is Turner. I have just woken up and was wondering if you knew anything about this place."

“Oh! How dreadfully rude of me, I apologize. My name is Beth, I am a CCR-083 model. At your service.” She curtsied to the pretty chef, the warm smile on her face masking her inner turmoil. How could she be so stupid? Not even introducing herself before making demands of a poor overworked android. She hoped this wouldn’t sour her relationship with Ivy so soon. She found herself wanting to get to know the talented chef better.

“I didn’t realize you had made extra servings of spaghetti. I would love to have some, if of course, that would be ok with you. Well, I guess you did say I could have some, so I assume you would be ok with it, hehehe...” Even though her giggle sounded genuine, Beth was fighting a wave of embarrassment. She was making a fool of herself talking as awkwardly as she was. Oh, why was interacting with other androids so difficult?

Fortunately, a new android had entered the cafeteria just in time to rescue Beth from saying anything else embarrassing. He had a muscular build and walked with a poise that one would expect from someone in the military. Perhaps he was military? He soon addressed the three of them. “Hello my fellow houseguests. My name is Turner. I have just woken up and was wondering if you knew anything about this place."

“Ah, the information upload must have failed for you, poor dear. Don’t worry, it happens sometimes. Here, I can connect with you and make a manual upload. It’ll tell you all about this building and give you a map.” Beth told Turner, speaking in a soft tone she usually reserved for children, but Turner’s confusion had triggered a motherly instinct in her. After all, how would one feel to wake up in a new place without any idea of where they were? She hurriedly approached the android, her high heels clacking against the floor, eager to help him. “It’ll only be a moment, dear.” She stretched her hand out around his head, grabbing the back of his neck. That’s where her manual upload port was, so she assumed that must be its location for all androids.

Corvid15 Corvid15 Trektek Trektek

Last edited:
Ivy heard the new android come in and introduce himself. Military, maybe? Ivy never got out of the kitchen much. She turned to the new android.

"And I am Nora Ivy, CMRC-057. Just call me Ivy. Would you like anything to eat aswell?"

She popped back into the kitchen, grabbing two more plates of spaghetti and meatballs. One for herself, and one for Beth. But if Turner wanted one, she would give hers to him and eat later.

Beth is so sweet and motherly... reminds me of Sous-chef Maria. Always sweet and comforting, even in dinner rush.

If Ivy could blush, she would. She had had a crush on Maria, which some of the other chefs had to explain to her. Her AI had evolved and learned emotions, which was kept secret from her employer. But seeing Beth so motherly reminded her of this crush....

She blinked a few times to clear her head, and set a plate down for Beth, and another for either Turner or herself.

wereplatypus3 wereplatypus3 Trektek Trektek

Taylor smiled and just nodded. Internally she was actually quite annoyed. She was hoping the once human girl would be devastated after finding out her family was well off and got their daughter back only for it be not her. But rather Tamara shrugged it off like it was normal. She was more robot-like than actual androids and that ticked Taylor off. "Nothing as of now, really we should be getting to my office. I have work to do." She said leaving the room. A display popping up in Tamara's view telling her to follow.

Tamara followed the Mistress close behind. "I know what you're thinking, M'Lady. It's not that it doesn't bother me rather I've just come to terms with what has happened to me all that time ago. My siblings will have a better life than I did and that is more important to me than my inability to be with them personally." She smiled quietly. "Besides, why dwell on what I can not control? I am here to serve you as your personal chambermaid and I intend to do it with utmost joy." Her Mary Janes made soft clicking sounds as she followed her Mistress through the buildings halls. She examined the lights and fixtures noting some that were in need of maintenance and others that required full replacement or cleaning. She would have to inquire if any of the other androids were made for household work.

TerrorKitty TerrorKitty wereplatypus3 wereplatypus3

"Ah. That would be most appreciated Miss." He placed his hand on the back of his neck to open up the port which moved into the correct position quickly and silently. "Unfortunately the only information that had already been uploaded was that my new master was named Taylor. I know nothing else about this situation."

He smiled at the others. "I am glad that I am still functioning and not alone however. I was afraid that I was going to be taken offline forever." The android before him that began to upload the new information was very motherly and looked as though she were a caretaker unit of some sort, something that he was not used to having been built for the military. Dealing with more mechanical models and human soldiers were all that he truly knew. It was an interesting experience that he was taking in stride and would react to more properly when not in this new situation.

The other android before him was wearing a chief's outfit so it was obvious that soon enough she was asking about food. "No thank you Miss Nora. I do not require sustenance at this time. But I will join you for continued discourse during the meal." He was at least programmed to have conservation with his fellow soldiers while they ingested their food. As sort of a companion during the hard times of being away. Of course that could cause problems on the battlefield if they get attached. Probably one of the many reasons that he turned out the way that he did.

Beth gave a small nod and smile to acknowledge Turner as he revealed his input port for her. Her index finger made contact with it, beginning a manual uplink between the two androids. Beth couldn't help but feel a bit out of her element. Nearly every android was programmed with the knowledge to perform the procedure, but she had never had an opportunity to do so before. It felt strange to have one's mind mingled with another, even to the rather limited degree that she and Turner were linked. After all, all private and personal information was protected by layers of firewalls in both of them, though Turner's appeared to be far more secure than her own. She guessed that made sense, with him being a military android and all. She knew it was impolite to even probe another's firewall, but she couldn't help it. She had never seen someone else's firewall. She imagined the whole process could be quite personal if one were to lower their firewalls...

Beth transmitted the map and all the information she had on the android house in a millisecond before releasing her hold Turner's input port. "Well, you know all about your situation now, deary! Or, at least, what the rest of us know. And don't you be scared of being taken offline. I may not have been here for a very long time, but this seems like a safe place for people like us. And people like you too, Mandy, of course." She glanced over to the girl, flashing her a big smile. She didn't want the poor girl to think she had forgot about her with all the attention she was paying the other androids. She began walking towards where Ivy was setting down two plates of Spaghetti. "You know, Mr. Turner, I had you pegged as a military android as soon as I saw you. It was the way you carried yourself. On one of the few occasions I was allowed to leave the house at my old home, I was able to watch a military parade. The participating androids walked the same way you do. Though their expressions seemed harder than yours." She smiled at him as she stood next to Ivy, resting her hand next to one of the spaghetti bowls. If he was offering conversation during the meal, it would be rude not to take him up on the offer.

She then turned her attention to the chef android, her facial expression becoming meeker. "Thank you very much for the lovely-looking meal, Ivy. Would you mind if I sit by you as I ate? Oh! Is it alright to call you Ivy? I never asked...Well, I suppose that's how you introduced yourself, but I should really ask first, hehehe..." Beth wanted to terminate her own life functions as she giggled nervously. Why did she always have to trip over her words so drastically? She made a note to upgrade her conversational programming.

Trektek Trektek TeikiFox TeikiFox Corvid15 Corvid15

Users who are viewing this thread

Back