• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Task Force: Valkyrie: Occult Warfare

StormWolf

Elder Member
The Dark Enlightenment that stains the mind, penning the illuminated texts of eternity upon the tome of our primate skulls with living ink.
The Crawling Muse of Chaos!
The Truth of the Waking Dream, the Truth that Bites and Burrows and Bleeds!

1bc4c3ae9ac4f9bb261b266d1662fcb0.jpg

The World as we know it – our History – is incomplete. The true picture has been cropped and cut to best protect the feeble minds of the mundane and meager three dimensions of existence. Sheltering them from the cold, dark, and malicious things that twist and constrict at the tangent edges of their perception. Why do you think we mortals have an unexplained fear of the dark and unknown? An innate distrust of what cannot be explained? Ever since we had discovered fire to protect us from what lurked in the shadows, we have huddled close to that flickering and feeble light, doomed to be snuffed out by the darkness that crawls and slithers its way ever closer. There are monsters of the terrestrial sphere, of our resident dimension, that see themselves as the peak of the food chain. Humans, Vampires, Shape-changers, even the ageless Sidhe fall into such trappings. It is the feeble defense of a mewling child before the eternal and inconceivable vastness of the Outer Darkness. But not all is lost.

There have been those who stood valiantly in the face of such voracious darkness throughout the ages. With the vastness of the world, ideology, and culture separating these courageous souls, they remained united by one singular purpose:
Keep the Vigil.
To keep the Vigil is to dedicate ones life to the preservation of the Veil, to be the warden of ancient and eldritch secrets. To lay down ones own life, sanity, and soul for the world to keep on turning. It means killing monsters who pose a threat to all that is held dear - be that monster a vampire, a werewolf, a deep one, or a mortal man.

Welcome to the Division of Occult Global Security.
We are the DOGS that guard the Gate, and we set out teeth stalwart and imperishable.

1172efbe4fe0007b067d9fda8ffdcc2d.jpg

You are to be among the best of us. The most highly trained, talented, and skilled in your field and craft. Entrusted with the protection of the greatest defense against the gnawing Nothingness, you wear the wings of your badge as a mantle of honor and a burden. You are the first and last resort, you are nuclear deterrent and the hand of mercy.
You are a Valkyrie.
latest

Semper Vigilo Tenebris Prodigii

__________________________________________________________________________________________​

With the prose out of the way, we can get down to brass tax. This is to be an Urban Fantasy game, one of horror and hope, danger and dread. The Division of Occult Global Security is an international coalition of mortal and preternatural factions who have all sworn to uphold the same accords, laws, and tenants for the preservation of our world. The players, as one of the Division's elite task forces (Task Force: Valkyrie), may be from any walk of life, but they found themselves entrenched in a secret war against the hungering darkness of the abyss. They may be mortal or a supernatural entity, a soldier or a scholar; the mission remains the same.

If this is something that you might find interesting, do say so in the comments, and if you have a concept for a character or a question, feel free to air them in the open. This is collaborative storytelling, after all. Let us collaborate!

Task Force: Valkyrie - Operative Dossiers (Characters)
D.O.G.S. Arcane Lore Archives
OOC Thread

Inspirations: World of Darkness, Underworld, The Secret World, Cthulhu Mythos, Monster Hunter International, Delta Green, Dresden Files

Last edited:
This. Is. Awesome! >w<
I feel like LoEG, Van Hellsing and Mortal Instruments are also in this vein ^^

Ayama Ayama I was half inclined to run it as a pulpy LoEG style adventure, I won't lie. I'm only vaguely aware of Mortal Instruments, but yes. Similar vein with a more hard-broiled "contemporary noir" feel.

Ayama Ayama I was half inclined to run it as a pulpy LoEG style adventure, I won't lie. I'm only vaguely aware of Mortal Instruments, but yes. Similar vein with a more hard-broiled "contemporary noir" feel.
Damn, I told myself no more monster hunter RPs, but with this, I don't feel like 'not' is an option x.x
How could I resist Dresden Files-style contemporary noir? ^^"

Damn, I told myself no more monster hunter RPs, but with this, I don't feel like 'not' is an option x.x
How could I resist Dresden Files-style contemporary noir? ^^"
Well, the D.O.G.S. isn't about monster hunting. It's about global protection, preservation, and enforcement on the occult side of things. So, technically, you won't be in another monster hunter RP :)

The Fae are a thing, so these details mater!

Well, the D.O.G.S. isn't about monster hunting. It's about global protection, preservation, and enforcement on the occult side of things. So, technically, you won't be in another monster hunter RP :)

The Fae are a thing, so these details mater!
Geeze, I'm getting more locked in with every post.
What are you trying to do to me? D:

Dammit. I've already got so many RPs I've joined, and then someone drops in with one straight out of NWoD.

Ooo! I likey! Kind of like World of Darkness mixed with SCP! I'll make a character! I'm thinking he's from a family of monster hunters. Think Witcher's mixed with the Belmont's. That okay?

Ooo! I likey! Kind of like World of Darkness mixed with SCP! I'll make a character! I'm thinking he's from a family of monster hunters. Think Witcher's mixed with the Belmont's. That okay?
Yeah, there's likely several long-standing "legacies" in this particular vein.

The Discord is up, link in the OP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back