• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern TallyHoe's Historical Search! [updates 4/27/17]

sodium

"no more pomegranates!" - demeter
- Introduction -

Hello and good day to whoever is wonderful enough to have clicked onto this thread!

A little about me, I'm 19 years old and a female art student in the East Coast of the US. I specialize in Graphic Design and Computer Science (or at least that's what I tell myself) and have been writing in a creative sense for about a good part of my life. I've been roleplaying for about 4 or 5 years, lurking around the basic sites such as Omegle, tumblr, RP.Me, and now this website!

I take part in multiple band programs at my school that keeps me occupied for about 20+ hours throughout the week. Currently, I'm able to play piano, violin, and trumpet, however, whether I'm good is another question. However, this keeps me rather busy on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. However, the season is coming to an end soon enough and so are classes, so by May I should be free for a while!

- RolePlay Formatting/Information -

For length, I would look for at the very least 5-10 lines. I do prefer about 20+. One liners are a bit of a turn-off for me. Proper grammar and all is a big preference of mine. This includes spelling, separating paragraphs, proper capitalization, etc. I usually write two paragraphs for a single reply to a roleplay, but my replies will always depend on what I'm given to reply to. Writing in the third person is a must for me. It's the only thing I'm really nitpicking about.

Pairings are possibly where I'm my most flexible after plots. I can do M/M, F/M, and F/F. However, for most M/F I tend to play the female better than the male depending on the pairings. So, please don't expect me to play the male there. But everything else I'm game for.

For these plot ideas, I prefer to use mostly original characters. I plan to explore these ideas more in depth with a person with twists and turns and creative ideas. If there are two roles mentioned, the one in italics and underlined is the role I prefer to play.

- Historical -
Here Come The Vikings!

Raiders of the sea. Brutality. A vast network of trades. Their way of society from the far North of Europe where nature ruled. Conquerors. The terrorizers of Europe. Raiders, captives, leaders, battles, and slaves. Clans and clan chiefs.
Specific Role Ideas:
Viking x Viking
Clan Chief x Opposing Clan Chief
Viking x Enemy
Viking x Kidnapped/Captive
Slave
x Viking
Bride x Viking
Viking Chief x Banished
Ancient Times

Original characters. Different roles during the times ofAncientt Rome, during the times of the Roman Empire when they were feared. Or perhaps during the fall of the Roman Empire. Or even Ceaser and Pompey? Ceaser and Cleopatra? Perhaps Alexander the Great and Hephastion from Macedonia? Roles in ancient Egypt? Ancient Greece? So many different roles and societies.
Medieval Times
Princes and Princess, knights and peasants, Lords and Fair Maidens. Not to mention some pretty kickass characters and challenges. Strict laws of the land, the struggles of a kingdom, the effect these struggles have forced the citizens to do. And for the royalty, are they oblivious? Are they even trying to fix it? Or a Prince/Princess in a foreign kingdom as a ward or prisoner?
Specific Role Ideas:
Prince x Princess
Peasant
x Prince/Princess
Knight x Prince/Princess
Prisoner
x Prince/Princess
Member of Court x Member of Court
Prince/Princess x Member of Court
Prince/Princess x Enemy Prince/Princess
Enemy King/Queen x Prince/Princess
Prince/Princess x Servant
Servant
x Knight
Servant x Servant
Knight x Knight
King/Queen x Knight
Spy x Prince/Princess
Queen/King x Spy
King x Queen
Street Worker
x Prince/Princess
Pirates
Historical based or fantasy based, or even both! A captain, his crew, and his ship. Perhaps even a captive? A merchant? Islands and raids, life on the ocean. Princesses and Princes, ransoms, running away, all of it! Interesting characters, character development, and long backstories all on the seas!
Specific Role Ideas:
Pirate x Enemy Pirate
Captain x Crew Member
Captive
x Pirate
Prince/Princess x Imprisoned Pirate
Captive Prince/Princess x Pirate
Mermaid/Siren x Pirate
Merchant x Pirate
King/Queen
x Pirate
Prince/Princess x Pirate
Crew Member x Crew Member
The British Are Coming!

Set during the American Revolution in the 1700's to America's first days. America struggles against such an empire as Britain. How on Earth do they manage to accomplish it? France's aid was not easy to receive. The battlefields are bloody. Plenty are sneaking about. Spies and nurses. Orphans and widows. General Washington crossing the river and the Battle of Yorktown. Redcoats and blue coats. The land of the free. How do the Founding Fathers create such a country?
Specific Role Ideas:
British Soldier x American Soldier
American Diplomat x French Diplomat
American Nurse
x British Soldier
British Nurse x American Soldier
British General x American General
American Spy x British Soldier
American Spy x American Spy
British Spy x American Soldier
British Diplomat x American Diplomat
American General x American Soldier
British General x French Soldier
French Diplomat
x British Diplomat
British General x British Soldier
Even MORE Specific Role Ideas:
Washington x Hamilton
Thomas Jefferson x Martha Jefferson
Aaron Burr x Theodosia Burr
Aaron Burr x Alexander Hamilton
Martha Washington
x George Washington
Eliza Schuyler x Alexander Hamilton
John Laurens x Alexander Hamilton
Jefferson x Hamilton
James Monroe x Alexander Hamilton
John Adams x Thomas Jefferson
Maria Reynolds
x Aaron Burr
Lafayette x Washington
Victorian Age

The golden age of masquerades and fancy dresses. Pompous Lords and lovely Ladies. A time of industrial technology, the poor living in disgusting slums of the town. Street workers struggling for money for shelter and food. Those who sit in luxury amused by those without luxury.
Specific Role Ideas:
Lord x Lady
Lord/Lady x Street Worker
Factory Worker x Lord/Lady
Poor
x Lord/Lady
Orphan x Lord/Lady
Orphan x Orphan
Poor x Poor
Servant x Lord/Lady
Servant x Servant
Engineer/Inventor x Engineer/Inventor
Lord/Lady x Engineer/Inventor
Apprentice x Professional
Immigrant x Native
Jack The Ripper

The infamous murders in the hands of the unknown, mysterious, Jack the Ripper. With this, I'd like a person who is interested in exploring the mind of Jack the Ripper, or a similar character. The ideas I've had for a person to play against Jack is one of his victims. However, a police officer/detective or a too curious journalist will also work well.
Specific Role Ideas:
Murderer x Victim
Journalist
x Murderer
Detective x Murderer
Police Officer x Murderer
Murderer x Murderer
Ghost x Murderer
Romanov

Not entirely sure with this, but I'm sure we can figure something out. Maybe one of the daughters and a servant during the time of their captivity? Something like that? Or even based on the animated movie where one of the daughters survived even? If you'd like more information, there's a wonderful article here.
Roaring 20's
Jazz fills the air and smoke fill the streets. Crime bosses arrive in big cities, women become more confident, more dangerous. Clubs and gangs begin to begin. Danger is easily erupting at every corner with such distinct characters who have their own problems. Perhaps even a club runner and performer?
WWII

These can get pretty heavy, so if you're very sensitive to World War II, please don't read further. A few ideas I have for this include prisoner of war type plots. Nazi guard and a German person, or Nazi Guard and a person being discriminated. Even something that takes play outside of Germany, maybe a Japanese in America, German in the UK.
Specific Role Ideas:
Prisoner of War x Nazi
Camp Prisoner x Nazi
Nazi x German Political
Nazi x German
Nazi x Nazi
American Soldier x Soldier
Prisoner of War
x American Soldier
Spy x Nazi/Ally
Japanese x American
German x Ally
Leader x Leader
Soldier x Soldier
Nurse x Prisoner
Nurse x Soldier
Enemy Soldier x Soldier
Reincarnation

Throughout history, one is destined for greatness. All through prehistorical times to present day. Another, destined to protect them. To make sure they reach their destiny. Time and time again, the protector searches to find them, protecting them at all costs. The downside? Only the protector remembers all their experiences. Every fail, every victory, every death.

Please feel free to ask any questions! To contact me with any interest, PM me or a comment should do!

I also have a fandom search request here!
I have a Fairy Tale/Mythology search here!
I have a fantasy search here!
I have a modern search here!
I have a Futuristic search here!

Last edited:
Hello! I'd like to know if you'd be up for a historical RP set in the medieval times! I don't have a clear plot in mind, but I can throw a couple of ideas in if you're interested!

Hello! I'd like to know if you'd be up for a historical RP set in the medieval times! I don't have a clear plot in mind, but I can throw a couple of ideas in if you're interested!

Of course, I'd love to hear your ideas! If you'd like, you can send me a PM or something if you'd prefer. :D

Your pirates plot is really exciting! (Mercantilism! Woo woo!) I'd love to do an MxM with you, if you've still got the space for it. I'd PM you directly but as I'm new the site doesn't let me... >>

I'd love to do that with you! I'll try to send over a PM to you now. :)

Well if you arent sensitive I would love a plot of SS Officer x Jew Girl. Of course if you are okay with it, and I would be willing to play any male in any plot for you!

Well if you arent sensitive I would love a plot of SS Officer x Jew Girl. Of course if you are okay with it, and I would be willing to play any male in any plot for you!

That should be fine with me! Just let me know if you have any limits with it or triggers. As for me, would you be alright with either something along the lines of Jack the Ripper or the Romanovs? :)

Jack The Ripper seemed like a good idea! I have no triggers, if something makes me uncomfortable I will bring it up no need to worry! Do you have anything I need to know about? You should shoot me a pm!

I'm kind of interested in hearing what you have in mind for pirates or possibly Vikings. Maybe something medieval, if you have something in mind?

Just to be sure, though... Are you planning these as romantic pairings, platonic, family, whatever?

I'm kind of interested in hearing what you have in mind for pirates or possibly Vikings. Maybe something medieval, if you have something in mind?

Just to be sure, though... Are you planning these as romantic pairings, platonic, family, whatever?

Vikings work perfectly for me! As for romantic/platonic/family/etc. I don't mind anything really. Just a small preference towards romantic, but certainly not demanded. :)

i think i'd be interested in an mxm pairing taking place in the 20s! i may have a few ideas as far as plots go, as well. i do have some questions but i can always send those over PM. (^:

i think i'd be interested in an mxm pairing taking place in the 20s! i may have a few ideas as far as plots go, as well. i do have some questions but i can always send those over PM. (^:

Oh, absolutely! I'll go ahead and send you a PM! :D

I'm bored and I like my history. Let's talk and preferably rp about vikings or pirate scum.

Sounds good! Anything specific you were interested in exploring in either of those? :D

I'm sort of already doing a pirate 1x1 so I'm leaning more towards Vikings at the moment. I kind of like the Viking x Enemy plots as well as the Viking x Kidnapped. Lots of things can be done with those depending on how we roll out.

I'm sort of already doing a pirate 1x1 so I'm leaning more towards Vikings at the moment. I kind of like the Viking x Enemy plots as well as the Viking x Kidnapped. Lots of things can be done with those depending on how we roll out.

Vikings it is! I think we could be able to combine the two of those plots. An enemy that's kidnapped, maybe they're caught sneaking around camp or taken during a raid? Anything like that! I'm more than open to your ideas, of course! I'm just rambling. xD

Vikings it is! I think we could be able to combine the two of those plots. An enemy that's kidnapped, maybe they're caught sneaking around camp or taken during a raid? Anything like that! I'm more than open to your ideas, of course! I'm just rambling. xD

Sounds like we'll get on fine. I like idea ranting myself. I'll shoot you a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back