Other Talk nerdy with me

Of the 10 best Batman villains who is the best of them all?

• Scarecrow

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Joker

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Harley Quinn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bane

• Mr. Freeze

• Two-face

• Penguin

• Riddler

• Poison ivy

• Ra’s al ghul

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Darklord95

#thuglife
Supporter
I don't care about what, I don't care about when, anything nerdy at all is welcome here whether it be anime, Marvel and DC, movies, TV shows, Cartoons, video games, anything!

The news of a recent trademark of the latest Mario and Luigi game that has been unveiled on NintendoLife news. However, with Nintendo, the fact that they are potentially gonna go with a mobile app route is a major no-no; keep it on console only. It sucks that AlphaDream bankrupted because that means Nintendo has absolute free range on the franchise.

Ulgh, well at this point I don’t think we shouldn’t be surprised when Nintendo is stupid with their RPGs

I know right? First it's started on Paper Mario and now, they're going for Mario and Luigi. In fact, they had been since after Bowser's Inside Story was done and it stinks because the biggest worries to fans is the fact that Nintendo is gonna screw it up somehow unless someone steps up.

Simple story? Well, Nintendo, you DO have the mainline of games to work off on. The entire Mario Brothers getting Peach back from Bowser story trend could only do so much.

I know right? First it's started on Paper Mario and now, they're going for Mario and Luigi. In fact, they had been since after Bowser's Inside Story was done and it stinks because the biggest worries to fans is the fact that Nintendo is gonna screw it up somehow unless someone steps up.
I’ll defend Dream Team but anyone who says paper jam is good is lying to their soul.
Paper Mario sticker star sucked, I heard that color splash actually got some funny writing to make up for the fact that there’s no story, but at this point I just can’t bring myself to care anymore, which sucks because bowsers inside story and Thousand Year Door are my favorite Mario games.

I’ll defend Dream Team but anyone who says paper jam is good is lying to their soul.
Paper Mario sticker star sucked, I heard that color splash actually got some funny writing to make up for the fact that there’s no story, but at this point I just can’t bring myself to care anymore, which sucks because bowsers inside story and Thousand Year Door are my favorite Mario games.

Dream Team was good but Paper Jam is a mixed bag. Stickerstar sucked in terms of story but yes, Color Splash did made it up with humor despite of. Bowser's Inside Story and TTYD is epic, I agree! I did enjoy the SuperStar Saga as it was a good introduction and Partners in Time is underappreciated but y'know. Oh and PM64 was also a good start as well.

Paper Mario 64 is good but not remarkable story wise, it’s just bowser kidnapped the princess again.
Superstar Saga is a great game, super funny and has a story that, although not spectacular, is still fun to go through.
Paper Mario TTYD is absolutely incredible, great story, funny dialogue, and fun to play.
Partners in time is extremely flawed, but the story and subtext I think is actually one of the best in either series.
super paper Mario in terms of story and dialogue is just as good as TTYD if not better, but the gameplay is way more difficult than I think it was intended to be, and honestly it’s just frustrating to go through.
Bowsers inside story is my favorite Mario game and one of my favorite games in general, fun as crap to go through, great music, great story surrounding the comeback of a previous villain without overstating it, and funny as crap dialogue, plus playing as bowser is awesome.
Sticker star sucked, plain and simple, no reason to fight enemies, no story whatsoever, and frankly just boring.
Dream Team in my opinion is an underrated jem, the gameplay is just as fun as the others, the admittedly simple story is still great to watch, funny, and probably the best soundtrack of the entire series.
Color splash, I’ve never played or watched on YouTube so I have no opinion.
Paper jam is just not good, painfully simple story, bowser kidnapped princess.......again, saying both series are different universes even though I think everyone prefers thinking of them as one universe, and from what I’ve seen just really bare-bones gameplay, although I admit I’ve never played it myself.

Paper Mario 64 is good but not remarkable story wise, it’s just bowser kidnapped the princess again.
Superstar Saga is a great game, super funny and has a story that, although not spectacular, is still fun to go through.
Paper Mario TTYD is absolutely incredible, great story, funny dialogue, and fun to play.
Partners in time is extremely flawed, but the story and subtext I think is actually one of the best in either series.
super paper Mario in terms of story and dialogue is just as good as TTYD if not better, but the gameplay is way more difficult than I think it was intended to be, and honestly it’s just frustrating to go through.
Bowsers inside story is my favorite Mario game and one of my favorite games in general, fun as crap to go through, great music, great story surrounding the comeback of a previous villain without overstating it, and funny as crap dialogue, plus playing as bowser is awesome.
Sticker star sucked, plain and simple, no reason to fight enemies, no story whatsoever, and frankly just boring.
Dream Team in my opinion is an underrated jem, the gameplay is just as fun as the others, the admittedly simple story is still great to watch, funny, and probably the best soundtrack of the entire series.
Color splash, I’ve never played or watched on YouTube so I have no opinion.
Paper jam is just not good, painfully simple story, bowser kidnapped princess.......again, saying both series are different universes even though I think everyone prefers thinking of them as one universe, and from what I’ve seen just really bare-bones gameplay, although I admit I’ve never played it myself.

I knew I missed SPM. The story is tearjerkingly good and the gameplay part was a bit of a turn off for me. :closed eyes open smile:

I knew I missed SPM. The story is tearjerkingly good and the gameplay part was a bit of a turn off for me. :closed eyes open smile:
I wish they had gone with traditional rpg style instead of action rpg style, that just mixes way better with the 2D, but I could watch those cutscenes and read FanFiction of those characters all day and never get sick of it, I think SPM has the best writing in the series.

I wish they had gone with traditional rpg style instead of action rpg style, that just mixes way better with the 2D, but I could watch those cutscenes and read FanFiction of those characters all day and never get sick of it, I think SPM has the best writing in the series.

I believe so too.

Nerd time!!

If you're talking about corsets from before about the 1830s, "corset" is not the proper term. In the 16th century, women wore kirtles. A little later, they wore "a pair of bodies," which then evolved into "jumps" for women who needed a gentler wear, or "stays," for everyone else. The defining differences all come in their shapes, construction, and other such little technical bits. Like, what kind of eyelets are used for lacing-- corsets use metal eyelets, anything before the 1830s use hand stitched ones.

4fb0a4be32f7dc4579a33a3fa5f0b3eb (1).jpg
A pair of bodies, 16th century

red-stays.jpg
Stays, 18th century

ba632e86a91eae95335f90a1d737a368.jpg
Regency short stays-- 1800-1820s

bf8ea47e10e2fb76e55ac6e9824e9da8 (1).jpg
Corset, 1830s

abe2ddab458d7d6d5e58d4608a8bd155.jpg
Corset, 1860s.

2c4f0cbb7f1a535590764e1c6d00c9bf1.jpg
Corset, first 10 years of the 1900s.

If it is not blatantly obvious, yet, corsets and corset shape changed drastically over the centuries. And, if you want, I can get nerdier, and start doing some myth busting, and also talk about my own experience wearing historical fashion, wearing corsets for 6 hour days, and generally some of the ridiculous costumed fun I get myself into.

Nerd time!!

If you're talking about corsets from before about the 1830s, "corset" is not the proper term. In the 16th century, women wore kirtles. A little later, they wore "a pair of bodies," which then evolved into "jumps" for women who needed a gentler wear, or "stays," for everyone else. The defining differences all come in their shapes, construction, and other such little technical bits. Like, what kind of eyelets are used for lacing-- corsets use metal eyelets, anything before the 1830s use hand stitched ones.

View attachment 669036
A pair of bodies, 16th century

View attachment 669037
Stays, 18th century

View attachment 669038
Regency short stays-- 1800-1820s

View attachment 669039
Corset, 1830s

View attachment 669040
Corset, 1860s.

View attachment 669041
Corset, first 10 years of the 1900s.

If it is not blatantly obvious, yet, corsets and corset shape changed drastically over the centuries. And, if you want, I can get nerdier, and start doing some myth busting, and also talk about my own experience wearing historical fashion, wearing corsets for 6 hour days, and generally some of the ridiculous costumed fun I get myself into.

That’s an interesting thing to nerd about.

OK, I have a conversation starting question for anyone who finds their way here.
For those of you who watch dragon ball and dragon ball z, who is your favorite villain, I’m partial to Freiza myself. I will allow movie villains

Users who are viewing this thread

Back