• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Tales of the Supernatural

Characters
Here
Tanaka | Sharounna

Waking up with a yawn, Tanaka checks his alarm clock, before trying to fall back asleep.

knock knock knock
Well, now he's definitely not falling back asleep. With a sigh, he gets up, calling out for the visitor to wait for a minute. After putting on a shirt, shorts and a pair of flip-flops, he heads to his apartments door and opens it to find nothing but an apparition of his mom, and a box on the floor.
"Really mom, this is getting old..." Picking up the box full of what he knows is just busy work, he heads back inside and sets it down on his desk. "Yep, more work. Well, at least I get paid for it. Can't complain too much." Looking around for a second, he realizes Shar is missing. "Shar, where are ya? You still asleep?" He walks over to a small cupboard on his wall. He opens it, revealing a much bigger space inside than what the outside shows. Reaching inside, he picks up a tiny girl and pokes her feet. "Hey, lazy bones, wake up."

"mrr." Wiping her eyes, the tiny girl stretches and yawns before flitting out of Tanaka's hand, floating a few inches in front of his face. "It's too early..." "Early? Yes, I agree wholeheartedly Shar. Sadly, I agreed to helping out a bit this morning; and as such, we need to get ready before we get yelled at. Neither of us whats that." "Really? So early? I need some coffee than please." "Nope. Not allowed. Not after last time." "Eeeeeeh? But but..." "No." Shar sighs and flits back into the small cupboard, closing the door with a wave of her hand. Tanaka also gets himself ready to head out. Eating, and then taking a quick shower.

About 15 minutes later, he steps outside, Shar flits to his shoulder and sits there. A few minutes of walking, and he hears tiny snores next to his ear. Smiling and shaking his head, he continues walking the streets in a semi-random pattern.

Open for interaction if peoples wants to.​

Isssac rolls out of bed, the stench of whiskey and cigarettes on his breath, comforting, familiar, like death.
"You Should not have been out drinking that late, Sir Conroy."
"
Eh, stop judging me Alphonse, I know you've forgotten what living is like, but I quite enjoy it." The ghost snorts, and Issac laughs as he quickly showers, and dresses, grabbing his knife, and wrapping fresh bandages over his left hand, which is covered in scars. He shrugs on his enchanted jacket, and heads out the door. He heads towards the local diner, not paying attention, and accidently walking right into someone. He shakes his head, white hair flying about messily.

"
Sorry about that."

Marnie:
Running late Marnie stepped out of her flat and looked up into the sky scrunching her nose up agaisnt the snow fall and smiled before turning on her heel and answering her ringing mobile with a sigh carrying on down the street.
"I'm just running a tad-"
"Marissa have you checked your stones? I've been sending you messages all morning!" She flinched at the sound of her mums voice and dipped her head slightly to avoid attention managing in the process to collide with a passerby who hastily said
"Sorry about that." Barely stopping for a second she shuddered, her whole body buzzing uneasily with an unknown energy which she tried to shrug off before quickly looking back at the man with white hair and shook her head in disapproval "Watch it next time!" As she rounded a corner and reached the last stretch of her journey she sighed "Look mum I have to go, I did try reading the stones but quite frankly I don't get why you keep sending me symbols that look like little rubber ducks. I'll show you next time okay?" Hanging up Marnie was hit instantly by the warmth of the bustling coffee shop the snow flecks in her hair melting almost instantly as she headed to the back and dumped her coat on a chair in the staff room. Looking in the mirror and pulling her hair into a lazy ponytail, she tied on her apron and didn't give a second thought to the guy with white hair on the street, or her mother, or her failings because nothing made her happier in the morning then morning commuters desperate for their coffee fix. Stepping back outside she gave a nod to a collegue and put on an exaggerated grin.
"Can I take your order please?"

HcPrGSR.png

Elika Neth awoke that morning with a feeling of dread pitting in her stomach. While she greatly enjoyed the short daylight hours and general public frustration winter brought around, evidence of its less desirable qualities were floating down from the sky and collecting on her windowsill.

"Mmng..." The bed-headed bean of a half-demon groaned and collapsed face-down back into her covers despite the angry beeping of her alarm. Ah, work. Fueled (barely) by the desire to not be fired, she climbed out of bed and pulled on her clothes and lace-up black boots, then a coat, hat, scarf, gloves, another scarf, and ear muffs.

Her apartment door swung open when she pulled it along with a frozen gust of wind that nearly knocked her off her feet. She could cry. Maybe she would cry.
"I can't cry, my tears will freeze." How depressing. Luckily, the snow hadnt piled up on the sidewalk yet so she didn't have to completely trudge down the street.

"All of this could have been avoided if that snoopy janitor didn't keep cleaning up my circles..." She hugged a small purse to her chest and sighed. Elika walked a few blocks and without even realizing had ended up at her usual morning pitstop. The smell of coffee drew her in and with a deep sigh like taking a breath of fresh air she dipped through the doors. Coffee shops and saunas were the closest places she could find to Hell. So warm, depressing, and nostalgic.

"Can I take your order please?"

Elika pulled the scarf away from her mouth and touched a finger to her lip while she looked at the menu as if she was going to get something besides her usual.

"It's a great day for something warm. I'm chilled to the bone." She shivered dramatically and fished for her wallet. There was something brooding about the girl behind the counter. "This weather makes me want to just curl up into a ball and catch fire." Frizzy, snow white tangles of hair coiled around her face and stuck out from under her hat. She glanced at the false fireplace longingly and rubbed her nose - pink from the cold.

Interactions: DarkRumours DarkRumours
[border]

Last edited:

• Damien Leroux •
━━━━━━❦━━━━━━​

A single snowflake landed on his outstretched palm. It stuck, glistening slightly in the morning light. Since he was dead, his skin held no heat.

Tomorrow was Christmas Day. He planned on visiting Giselle tomorrow for a delicious Christmas dinner. He took out his cell and texted her. The vampire knew that any of his regular blood bags would drop whatever they were doing at a drop of a hat for him. He was just that good. Perks of being a vampire prince, superior to the rest of the race but not as powerful as an original.

As expected, Giselle texted back almost immediately with a gross amount of emojis gushing with her love and undying affection. He'd treat her to dinner first of course. Their blood always tasted sweetest when they were in good health. And he didn't want her being too depleted anyhow. He took care of their needs and they took care of his. A symbiotic relationship.
nteractions: Rob @SkryxMentions: NoneLocation: Beach Post: 12

Last edited:
Marnie:
"It's a great day for something warm. I'm chilled to the bone."
All of a sudden Marnie was hit again by the buzzing sensation that had troubled her most of her life as she locked eyes with the small woman in front of her that was wrapped up like she was about to take an expedition to the north and back. She smiled though, with genuine warmth as she recognised one of the frequent customers of the joint and nodded to her.
"Still working today then? Seems the city barely stops for the holidays nowadays."
Her hands immediately busied herself with putting together an order making sure to add generous helpings of cinnamon and nutmeg into the large takeout cup. She'd been curious for a few months as to what kind of supernatural being the woman was but a busy coffee shop was neither the time or place to ask and of course it had taken Marnie a month or so to work out that actually that weird buzzing wasn't actually a case of bad tinnitus, at which point she felt rather stupid for not noticing it sooner. But comments such as; "This weather makes me want to just curl up into a ball and catch fire." Had only solidified in her mind that something wasn't as it had originally seemed and now when she looked at Elika she realised the evidence was not just in her behaviour but also right in front of her.
"Catching fire is a bit extreme" She laughed and it was genuine as she concentrated really hard on writing in perfect Cursive the name "ELEEKAH" onto the side of the cup before handing the steaming drink with steady hands but a proud smile over to the supernatural being. She rung up the price of the coffee at a major discount peered over her shoulder out of habit before returning to the conversation.
"Luckily for all you caffeine addicts my family are a nightmare so I'm here for the festive season excpet for tomorrows mandatory closure! I hope you have a magical day either way." She applied a little emphasis to the word "magical" and then checked under the counter quickly to make sure everything was still in order from the night before.
queanbean queanbean

Last edited:
Tanaka | Sharounna

"Can we go back now? It's cold out here."
The small girl on Tanaka's shoulder had mentioned how cold it was about 50 times now. Tanaka just sighed and ignored her. Things had been nice and quiet recently. Until today. He wasn't surprised however, since Christmas time tended to be a busy time of the year for him. A lot of Jealousy, Sadness, and similar ghosts types appear a lot this time of year. He'd already taken out 3 before he had gone more than 15 blocks. Not that they were very strong, thankfully. He'd be more worried if he had only met one semi-powerful ghost. Those kind tend to cause more havoc and are annoying to deal with.

After walking for a couple more blocks, Tanaka decided to grab something to eat. He rarely ate a large breakfast before patrols. He learned not to the hard way. So he stopped at a seemingly random alley way before heading in. After a minute or two, he appeared in another alley across town.
"It's almost too convenient being able to do this..." After learning about the secret areas for supernaturals, Tanaka had been making use of it's entrances and exits frequently.

Picking a random place, he walked inside, only to bump into a girl almost a short as him. He caught the coffee she dropped before it reached the ground in a pretty smooth display of reflexes. "Sorry about that. None of the Coffee spilled on you did it?" He glanced at her to check for coffee spills, and when he didn't see any he relaxed a bit. After apologizing again, he opened the door and let her through, before heading to the counter himself. "Hmm, can I get a Couple Donuts, and a small Mint Mocha?" After a short second, he sighed and asked for a couple breakfast sausages. After paying, he sat down at an empty table to eat.

Interactions: DarkRumours DarkRumours queanbean queanbean

Last edited:
Marnie:
Just as Elika was walking out Marnie watched her as a man with red hair bumped into her. At around the same time Marnie was knocked with an intense feeling of buzzing causing her to pale dramatically and grab onto the counter for support. A wave a nausea hitting her. She gulped it down before trying to smile at the man as he placed an order.
Why now? Is there some form of convention in town?
She remembered the feeling she got on the way to work and paled even more. The guy with white hair. They're following me.
Had her regular been just an advance spy? Scoping her out to see if she'd be any use? They'd be disappointed to say the least it's not like she could summon any of their buddies here for them.

"Hmm, can I get a Couple Donuts, and a small Mint Mocha?"
Hands shaking she prepared the order her mind reeling. She looked human. How had they identified her? She finished bagging it up and leaned over the counter slightly and whispered shakily. "Look buddy you're barking up the wrong tree." She took his money handed over some change and as he sat down darted out back into the alley and threw up on the ground holding onto her runestones in her pocket with one hand another placed on the wall for support.
"If I ask you what they're doing here. Are you still going to just look like rubber ducks?" She pulled one out and laughed dryly.
A rubber duck indeed.
queanbean queanbean Astrylan Astrylan

Last edited:
1593761102215.png
Kelthas
interaction:​
an odd sort of vehicle puttered it’s way down the busy streets it wasn’t odd for any truly unusual reason only that it was incredibly outdated to the point where it seemed as if someone had put a modern engine into one of the first Ford cars, and in essence yes that exactly what had happened. It’s driver to the average observers looked like a old man dressed in a attire that was more fit for the late 1800s then any time now. of course most locals have given up trying to wrap there head around the old man strange behaviour and simply accepted it as a quirk of the city. Thoug to the supernatural world it’s driver bared a different appearance, that of a skeleton. Pulling up outside a random coffee shop the skeletal man exited his vehicle with a look of wonder and aw, being the forgetful sort even if he’d seen something before there was always a chance he’d forgotten about it and would have to be told about it again. Practical bursting into the place with a great smile on his face Kel would look around for a moment spying the coffee machine and if he had eye they would have lit up "Oh maviously this must be one of those coffee brewers, what will they think of next? Coffee on can make In seconds? Now that would be fabulous no?" Kel spoke to no one in particular only voicing his opinion to anyone that would listen in his usually joyful tone.

HcPrGSR.png

The demoness chuckled weakly as she tuned back in to the barista's comment. "Right? Just one of those days. Enjoy the rest of yours. Happy, uh- Happy holidays." That was something humans said around this time, right? Although she didn't really understand it or anything. What was so celebratory about the middle of winter? Clutching her wonderful cup of liquid sin, Elika headed for the door. The prospect of returning to the frozen wasteland that was the streets of New York City was dulled by the warm scent of spices wafting up from her drink. Under her gloved hands her name was spelled wrong - as usual - but she could forgive her. After all, nobody else could fix her coffee like she could. There were only a few times whe-

Elika stopped as she clipped another patron walking in and felt that slow motion horror kick in as her gloved grip slipped off the cup. "Ah-" But the next moment she watched the curious man scoop it right out of the air. "Sorry, mm. Thank you." The demoness mumbled gratefully as she cradled her coffee like it was the only thing keeping her going. Once it was established that she was alright, they parted ways, though not without a curiously furrowed glance at his green hair. Elika liked this place because it didn't get a lot of supernatural attention and, during warmer months, she didn't have to put in the effort to hide her demonic features so much. It would be a problem if all sorts of creatures started to flock to her sacred little place...

While lost in thought her legs had carried her as far as the corner all on their own - this morning commute was like clockwork. Speaking of a clock, however... Elika happened to glance up at one of those shiny billboards displaying the time and temperature - cold - and realized that she had spent a little too much time dawdling around. "Ah- sh-" She huffed and buckled herself up, jogging down the street with her scarf billowing around her neck and behind her. The cold air stung her face and turned her nose and cheeks bright pink.

"Buaa~!" She gasped as she finally reached the office building. The petite demoness doubled over to catch her breath, still clinging to her coffee. "Made it..." She groaned and pushed her way into the warmth of the lobby.

Interactions: N/A

Last edited:

• Damien Leroux •

━━━━━━❦━━━━━━​

He was standing in the middle of Central Park, dead branches stretching above him like pale skeletal hands. Still texting as he walked, he finally settled on a bench and enjoyed the snowfall.

People were bustling at this time of year, not that it mattered much to him. Fresh blood stirred his senses. What was going on? In a blur, he rushed to the scene where two school kids -- punks! -- were duking it out. He waited and watched silently from the shadows like a true predator. They were really mad, yelling in the winter chill, cheeks ruddy from the cold. Amusement lit his golden eyes making them appear like molten metal.

The buzz of his phone in his pocket alerted him of another text. "Now now..." he muttered under his breath. It was probably just Giselle again. She'd been pestering him to turn her for the past few years. Ever since he met her he knew that she was something he wanted. That's right, something. He hardly considered the imbecile creatures to be persons worth reckoning with. They were property to him. Chattel. Something he owned. Still, to take that step to turn her into something more like his equal was far from his mind. He didn't want a fledgling vampire to babysit. The last time he'd tried to turn someone he'd end up splattered in gore, one of his favorite suits ruined. That hadn't ended well. There was no way he was taking chances with this flaming hot redhead.

Ring - a - ling! Irritated that she was distracting him from such good entertainment as two adolescents beating each other bloody for no apparent reason -- he'd wanted to drink a little of the loser just for fun -- he turned away from the brawl and flipped open his phone.

"What is it?" he hissed into the speaker.
"I just wanted to --" Giselle's sweet voice came across the airwaves.
"You're distracting me," he stated.
"From what?" she asked. "What could be diverting your attention away from your favorite?"
He knew she was pouting just from the tone of her voice. Chuckling lightly to himself, he answered, "Nothing, just a silly human brawl. Still, it was entertaining." He moved silently away from the scene, now remembering with no small amount of nostalgia the last time he'd fed off of her. Judging by the sound of her moans it had been just as pleasant to her. "What did you call me for?"
"Nothing, just missed hearing your voice, love."
Laughing louder this time, a deeper sound, he replied, "And now you've heard it." He wouldn't have allowed for it if she had been anyone else, but like she'd said, she was his favorite and never failed to remind him of it. It was honestly starting to get a bit annoying. The last time she'd used the favorite card he'd given her a brand new silver Camaro.
"I'll see you tomorrow?" she simpered in an overly sweet way.
"Of course, my dear. I look forward to dinner with you." A smile caressed his features at the thought. "Good-bye, for now."
"Bye, love." The line went silent.

Last edited:
New York City
12/24/20
8:30am

1593788414348-png.751882

Giselle knew she was being followed.

It has been five minutes since she had called her beloved prince, Damien. They were supposed to meet until much later, but she couldn't help but wish he was with her right now. Her heart was beating fast and she could feel the start of an adrenaline rush. Normally, Giselle loved feeling exhilaration; she was an adrenaline junkie like that. Skydiving, mountain climbing, swimming with sharks, and heck, she was even a vampire prince's lover! She was a sucker for the rush.

But today, the rush felt different.

In panic, she fished out for her phone once more in hopes of texting Damien for help. She was well-aware of the his supernatural nature and prowess. She knew it wouldn't take him long to come and get her. However, just as she was about to hit send, a voice at the back told her Damien would think she was a wimp. The reason why he kept on entertaining those blood hags was because he thought she couldn't take the toll of being his only one. If she could show him she wasn't just some weak human girl then she would finally get what she wanted.

The red-head then locked her phone and raised it ever so slight, her eyes peering the reflection of the suspicious man tailing her from its black screen. He was dubiously covered; a gray cap, thick black hoodie, and worn-out jeans. His demeanor suggested he wanted to blend in with the crowd. Classic stalker move. Unfortunately for him, this wasn't Giselle's first time in the rodeo. She once kneed one of his kind on the crotch and suplexed him to the ground.

Giselle felt her confidence reigning back. She will show this pervert just what she was made of.

That was when Giselle chose to take a detour to one of the dark alleyways and wait on the corner, knowing full well that if this man was truly following her and he would take the same turn. The woman silenced her breathing as she silently counted to three.

One...

Two...

Three...

Then Giselle felt someone breathing behind her and everything went black.

???
12/24/20
10:00am

Her head was ringing.

That was the first thing that came into Giselle's mind when she awoke. The air felt cold against her skin, and there was a distinct feeling of absence on the bridge of her nose. When she opened her eyes, everything appeared absolutely blurry and it took her at least a minute before the haze cleared. Even so, her vision wasn't perfect; her glasses was no longer with her.

Out of instinct, the girl tried to reach for her chest, wondering if her glasses were hanging on her collar, before realizing that she couldn't move her arms at all. She was tied by the wrists. With wide eyes, she tried to scream for help but it only came out as indistinguishable muffles as something immediately covered her mouth. She quickly realized it was a hand.

Slowly, Giselle turned to face her assailant.

766b0f093ad17842366da5a63a0e3409.jpg

"Shhhhh, don't be scared, I just wanna play a little game with you." The man, with a crazed grin on his face, cooed. Even without her glasses, Giselle could tell he was not sound of mind. A heartbeat later and she found herself staring at her own phone. "Alas, the game can't work with just the two of us so I need you to call your dear boyfriend." His hand, the one on her face, tightened its grip, causing Giselle to let out a muffled whimper. It hurted so much; the force was great yet it looked as though he didn't even try. This man, whoever he was, seemed to be tremendously strong and dangerous. "Then you'll tell him to come and play with us~!"

And with that, the man began dialing for Damien.

"Damien, love, please help me!" Giselle immediately cried, uncaring whether Damien already answered or not. "Love, please! This man is crazy! He's going to hurt me if you don't come! Please save me!" She desperately begged, sobbing.

"Very good~!" The unnamed man said before ending the call. With a satisfied grin, he sent Damien their whereabouts. "The vampire prince's games end now, and mine begins."

From outside the abandoned warehouse, where the two of them resided, was a lone figure. Its silhouette appeared to be feminine, with long flowing hair as white as snow. Whoever she was, she seemed to be aware of what was happening. Yet, the mysterious woman wasn't moving an inch. It felt as though she was waiting for something...

Elowyn Elowyn

Last edited:

• Damien Leroux •

━━━━━━❦━━━━━━​

The sound of Giselle's cries coming from the phone incensed him. Who would dare touch one of my own?, he seethed.

Even if this psycho hadn't sent their location he would have still known it due to the tracking chip he'd installed in her phone. They were in all twelve of his blood sources' cells and he was lucky that in this digital age no one really went anywhere without their phones. This allowed him to know their location any hour of the day or night. Some of them knew they were being tracked, others did not. Some had consented... others had their freedom of choice taken from them. Giselle was one who had freely consented to him knowing her location at all times. She'd been able to handle knowing more than the others, which was one advantage (or was it one reason?) to being his favorite.

He hadn't recognized the male voice. That irked him, meaning there was a new player on the board. Did this guy know what he was doing? Or did he only see Giselle as an innocent human and him as a simple target? He considered the call. Since they wanted him to come to a certain location, it was pretty obvious that they knew he was a bigshot in NYC. The location wasn't too far away but would still take a bit over an hour to drive there. Anything could have happened to her in an hour. No. He'd park the car somewhere and use his preternatural speed to travel some of the distance. He didn't have the strength to go all the way on foot as it had been some time (roughly a week) since he'd last fed.

1593801701930.png

There was no way he was taking any chances going in there unarmed. As he drove back to his place to grab his twin blades, he wondered: Who was this kidnapping psycho? The question reverberated in his mind. Most likely it was a werewolf kingpin coming for his revenge. It wasn't completely out of the ordinary, but ever since he'd earned a reputation as Alpha Killer the numbers had dwindled. So either this guy was extremely powerful or extremely dumb.

In preparation for the trip, he called one of his closest business contacts. Answering machine. Damn!

"Merilou, I need to go take care of some business. Some psycho abducted my best blood bag and I'm going to get her back. I'll send you the address shortly. Don't bother coming after me, I can handle this on my own. But just in case I don't return within twenty four hours... well, you'll know where to go. Bye." He pressed the pound key and the message was recorded.

Damien Leroux the Vampire Prince might be arrogant, but he wasn't so foolish as to go in without some insurance. After all, he didn't know what kind of creature this madman was. The one thing that he knew for sure was this: that no one gets away with hurting one of his own, especially not Giselle.

Last edited:
Tanaka | Sharounna

While he was eating his donuts, with Shar eating the sausages Tanaka turned his head when he felt a chill down his neck. The usual sign of a "ghost" or something similar. After seeing the extremely quirky Lich, he remembered this part of town had some quirky old man that the locals sometimes mentioned. Tanaka turned back to eating his donuts. No reason to start a fight with the guy even if he was a bit... interesting. "Shouldn't we do something Naka?" Shaking his head, Tanaka just downs the last of his Mocha before picking up and setting Shar on his shoulder. "No reason to. Unless he is causing trouble, why should we create it? Besides that, I'm not even sure I could take him..." Shar shrugged and nibbled on the last bit of sausage while Tanaka left the diner.

He headed towards the alley he came from earlier, and saw the girl who had taken his order. He just walked past without saying anything, since she didn't seem in the mood to talk, and he wasn't great with that kind of stuff. Disappearing after a few more steps, he sighs as he realized he still had to patrol for a another hour before he could head home. "Should I create a bit a warmth around us Naka? After that sausage I'm fully awake." Tanaka shrugs, letting her know it was up to her, before heading out of the secret area to continue patrolling.

Mentions: DarkRumours DarkRumours

Marnie:
Marnie had started to shiver in the snow, flakes landing softly in her hair and her cheeks flushed. As she looked up she saw the man with red hair walk past and ignore her. "That's right you just walk off and do whatever you do!"
Marnie was was only vaguely self aware that she was becoming hysterical and as she walked down the side of the shop to reach the front she clocked a very strange looking old car and felt the buzzing return vaguely. She turned round slowly and looked through the window. A lot of people were trickling out marking the end of rush hour and the start of last minute festive shopping, but right there smack bang in the middle of the shop was unmistakably a skeleton. The sight of which would normally terrify Marnie but at this point she was exasperated and she exclaimed out loud, "Oh hell no. You have got to be kidding me." She felt her body shake with anger as her brain worked hard to recall something she'd seen in the tomes back at the coven and within a few minutes she'd identified him as a Lich at the very least, except the images in the tomes hadn't been entirely accurate.

Feeling herself bubble over she stormed back into the shop and grabbed two fresh coffees from the counter before walking up to the Lich with determination. She didn't care who these beings were anymore and in fact she just wanted them gone, gone or confirmation she wasn't being stalked.
She tapped the skeleton and looked up at him. "Sir while I was outside I couldn't help notice a small dent in your car, I think a cab hit it." She turned to walk out and as she did she fumbled for a cigarette. She'd tried quitting but the stress of work made it hard. As she was hit again by the cold weather outside she lit up and started to shiver. Marnie swivelled on her feet and glared at the skeleton. "Look I don't care who you and the rest of your supernatural beings are. We are not a meeting ground and I don't get why you're all here. Also your car is horrible and old and and..." the more she spoke the closer to screaming she was getting. She looked around and gave some death glares to people watching her as she created a scene. Her energy boiled out of her and she put her head in her hands realising she was starting to sound insane even to herself. She took a sip of her coffee and a drag of her cigarette but still glared at the skeleton completely unsure of what to say or do next.

Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

1593761102215.png

Kelthas
interaction: DarkRumours DarkRumours
Kel had little time between his previous though that amounted to the concept of instant coffee. When his attention was caught by someone tapping him turning to face said person it. The woman informed Kel that there was apparently a dent upon his automobile! “oh well thank you miss I shall endeavour to have that repaired swiftly“ he’d reply to her, though he could tell something was off with the young woman? Prehaps the cold was scrambling her brain, it seemed a tad foolish to go out into the winter weather if that was the case. Though what she‘d say after glaring at Kel proved to the lich she was definitely irrational afterall his automobile was top of the line, it could hardly be considered old. Kel would step outside placing a boney hand on the woman‘s shoulder somehow even manage a smile or at least something that resembled one. “To be quite frank miss I’m unsure of what your going on about but it’s clear to me your in some irrational state, and it appears my being here as in someway made this worse one should hope you are able to come to your senses” Kel would say in a soft tone usual used by old people when trying to be helpful but not exactly understanding the situation. “I find a lemon sherbet always makes me feel better myahps you should try one too” he‘d add producing a large yellow piece of hard candy in the shape of a little lemon those ones with the sherbet inside them, then offering it to her with a smile.

Marnie:
Marnie sighed and looked at the sherbet lemon before graciously taking it. And then she looked up as she unravelled the wrapper slowly. "Thanks, although taking candy from strangers really isn't a smart thing. Don't be offering these to kids alright the police will be on you" she seemed calmer now although she groaned. "You know what my mum would say right? She'd say Marissa Evelyn Deathblossom you just insulted a Lich. I'd beg for forgiveness and light some wacky candles." She'd started rambling. In fact she found it hard not to feel at ease around the Lich because at least it was obvious what he was.
"Fat lot of good that would do... nothing I do amounts to anything even close to witchcraft. Unless you count brewing good coffee, which the coven doesn't." She popped the lemon sherbet in her mouth and smiled. "Oh this is nice!" She didn't normally eat candy and she rubbed her reddening nose again. "I can't believe that's 4 supernatural encounters in almost an hour if that. Is that normal?" All of a sudden she had a large amount of questions for the Lich. One's her coven had never answered before and then she looked at the car. "I didn't mean it by the way. It's a stunning car, may I?" Tucking a strand of loose hair behind her ear, she reached her hand out asking for permission.
"Also, can I get an autograph? My family are dead into Lich things."

Last edited:
12/24/20
7:30 A.M.

Today had not started off well for Shaun who normally doesn't have to get up so early for anything. Apparently the company he worked for and was on the board of directors had a new chairman who called in a meeting. Since he never met them he hasn't had a chance to mind control them like all the rest of the important people. He had to make sure to get there early for a chance to see them before the meeting starts so he doesn't have to stay for the meeting. Dressed in a suit, just in case, he was about to teleport to the office from his penthouse when he sensed a ritual being performed in his building a few floors down. Knowing full well that he had to make sure that some idiot wasn't trying to summon a demon on his own turf he made his way down. Unfortunately that was exactly what he was faced with as he blasted the door open.

8:30 A.M.

A fight had been going on as Shaun was facing off against not just one but five different people all dressed in black robes. Unlike the normals who are just trying for the first time these were actual practiced magic caters. He had quickly set one a blaze instantly killing them taking advantage of their shock. Unfortunately that sobered them to the situation with them launching spells back at him. For at least 30 minutes both sides had not gained the advantage on the other with Shaun wounding one of them with a magic missile. Time had been going on so long that when he took a glance at his watch he had to give up and get out of there. As he started to chant the spell to teleport to his office one of the casters made a mad dash toward him tackling him disrupting his focus a little. He didn't fail to teleport but his landing point was bit off by 20 floors and the unpleasant feeling of knocking someone over and hot coffee spilling over him. "Fucking caster's," he says trying to get up pushing the one who tackled him setting him on fire then turn to wipe everyone in the lobbies memory. He was gonna help up the person he accidentally knocked over until he saw that it was a women with horns and tail similar to some demons that he has seen. "Why are you here and who the hell summoned you?"

queanbean queanbean

HcPrGSR.png

No sooner had the warmth of indoor enveloped her than the crashing force of a much larger body - bodies? - did. "Mng-!" Elika yelped as she tumbled to the ground, knocked straight back on her behind. Her hat and scarf tangled and fell onto the ground and her coffee.. well her coffee had apparently used up its extra life and now lived all over the front of this tall stranger.

"W-watch where y..." She started to pipe up, then watched as he effortlessly discarded the second body into a burst of flames. Her eyes went wide. He didn't look like any particular kind of supernatural being - and didn't really have the aura of one - yet she had a feeling she had just witnessed something unmistakingly magical. In any case, it quickly shut her up.

"Why are you here and who the hell summoned you?"

Talk about turning on the charm. It took Elika a moment to realize what he was referring to - she noticed her hat lying limp on the tile floor and then startlingly reached up to hide her horns with her hands. "Hehe, hm~?" She chuckled weakly and put on her most innocent act. "What a-are you talking about?" This was bad. She had worked so hard to blend in (poorly as it may be) and find a place where there weren't many supernatural employees. But now this? The demoness picked herself up and pouted slightly as she looked him over, eyes lingering on the big, dark stain that was once her coffee. "Not even one sip..." She sniffled defeatedly.

Interactions: Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Last edited:

1593761102215.png

Kelthas
interaction: DarkRumours DarkRumours
"oh really? whats the world coming to when one can not simply offer a sweet to a child without, hmm well good to know" Kel would reply to Marnie with a somewhat surprised sigh to her statement, however, what she had said next made the old lich frown somewhat it seemed she had good reason to be at least somewhat irate, it seems as if her mother was mayhaps the cause of her problem. "well I don't see any need to be lighting any sort of occult candles nor beg for forgiveness through miss Deathblossom, though I'm glad to see you're coming to your senses as I said, a sherbet always helps" Kel would pat her on the back lightly before continuing "I wouldn't denounce brewing coffee and something non-witchy" he'd then pause for a moment listening nodding along as she spoke not in a condescending way. "well yes go right ahead, id also be happy to sign an autograph" Kel would reply happily to Marnie in response to the requests.

It was only when Damien arrived did the mysterious figure finally move.

"Vampire Prince Leroux, I've been waiting," came a feminine voice, cool and leveled like a calm sea. She only shifted towards him a bit, most of her features still remained obscured by a hood yet cerulean orbs seemed to glow beneath the veil. She appeared to be wearing a white cloak with not a single stain on its fabric while long and equally white locks cascaded down her hood.

"I am not your target. Instead, we share a similar one." She calmly stated before pointing at the abandoned warehouse not so far from their position. "He's waiting for you inside that building, along with your familiar."

Whoever the woman was, she seemed to be completely neutral. She was radiating an aura which suggested she could possibly do no harm to anyone. "I can sense his impatience. It would be wise for you to move with haste, lest she gets harmed."

From inside the abandoned warehouse, the crazed man seemed to have sensed the vampire prince's presence. A disturbing grin broke on his face as his breathing turned ragged with excitement. He couldn't wait for the door to open. He was ready to pounce, and his claws, long and sharp, were itching to be buried deep within another vampire's flesh.

At the thought, the light-haired man dug his nails into Giselle's skin, eliciting a sharp cry from the woman as blood trickled down her fair skin.

Elowyn Elowyn

• Damien Leroux •

━━━━━━❦━━━━━━​

"Vampire Prince Leroux, I've been waiting," said a calm voice. Damien didn't want to stop, but he forced himself to.

He turned. Apparently not one but two individuals had waited for him. Just his unlucky day, now wasn't it. Drawing the swords out of their scabbards, he prepared to duel. The woman was in white, and clearly a supernatural. But it seemed, based on her next words, that she wasn't here to fight him for his blood bag. She apparently knew about the hostage situation with some accuracy. Damien wondered briefly if they had been in contact, but he doubted it.

At her suggestion to move quickly he rolled his eyes. Obviously what I've been trying to do since I received the message, he thought to himself. But instead he said, "Yeah, and just who are you exactly? I'm not a fan of strangers... " who could possibly backstab me if they wanted to. Based on what he observed of her, she was probably quite powerful and having her on his side would be a boon. He just needed to know what her situation was and why she was helping him since he really wasn't keen on fighting more people than he had to to rescue his damsel in distress.

Last edited:

• Damien & Yvnirth •

━━━━━━❦━━━━━━​

“I am the Guardian of the Mist, an advocate of peace and balance. Rest assured that I shall not join the fight against you.” The mysterious figure responded in the same tranquil tone, her eyes flickering to him for a moment before returning to the warehouse.

As if on cue, a sharp cry resonated from the establishment. It came from Giselle, and it was awfully laced with nothing but pure agony. “Time’s ticking, prince Leroux.”

In all his years of being alive, he hadn’t heard of anyone called the Guardian of the Mist before. He supposed that the Mist referred to the supernatural veil that conceals all supernaturals. If so, he was in the presence of a very important person. But at that moment he couldn’t help but refocus on his mission as Giselle cried out. Red flashed before his eyes.

“He’s going to pay for this,” Damien snarled, his face twisting and elongated fangs showing. “Come on, then.”

“He’s a beast hungry for vengeance. When the door opens, rush inside and dodge to the left for he’s not one to waste an opportunity to strike.” The lady in white offered before conjuring a ball of what seemed to be air on her left palm. In a heartbeat, she extended the orb forward and out came a strong gust of wind, opening the large wooden doors in the process.

If she had been anyone at all he may not have listened. But to test her words, he would obey this once. As soon as the door opened, revealing a dimly lit space inside--it was a warehouse of some sort--he feinted to the left. Good thing too since he just barely avoided three foot-long knives slashing through the air and landing quavering at the place he just stood. Hm. Not bad. He’d have time to be suspicious of how much the girl knew later. For now, he had a one-track mind.

Moving in a zigzag pattern to avoid any more knives, Damien scanned the room for his pet. He spotted her way in the back of the warehouse with the kidnapper nowhere in sight. He approached and fury lit his blood on fire. She was chained to a chair and there was bruising spreading like macabre flowers across her cheekbones. Blood slowly dripped from a hidden wound. Oh, how he wanted to feed! But he couldn’t. Not just yet.

“D-Damien, my love, h-he’s-!”

But before Giselle could even finish her sentence, a loud thud echoed from behind Damien. In a flash, a muscular arm covered in rough, dark fur swiped for his head; razor-sharp claws targeting his neck with a fierce roar.

As soon as he heard the thud of a body landing behind him he whirled on his feet and ducked as a large arm swiped for him, and not a moment too soon. A look of vengeance on his face, Damien made three cuts with his swords. To any observer it would look like he was dancing, with the grace and fluidity of his movements.

Alas, it seemed like this wasn’t his adversary’s first time in the rodeo either. If anything, his actions screamed experience as he briskly dodged out of the way, but unlike Damien, his movements were rough and waspish.

He ultimately rolled backwards, stopping a few steps away from the vampire and standing to his full height. It was only then, as he stood idly, did Damien catch a full glimpse of his enemy. It wasn’t a man before him, but a beast. He was of imposing stature; an eight feet tall and burly mess of fur and skin- a werewolf.

Large and sharp canines bared themselves as the werebeast growled. The guttural noise seeped with danger at every roll. “I finally got you, you slippery son of a bitch.” He said, his voice deep with a monstrous edge. “You’ll pay for what you’ve done to my kin.” Carefully, the werewolf began to circle the vampire.

“Ah, so you’re the experienced and insane sort. Okay. Gotcha,” he said in a mocking tone. “You must be… to challenge me.” His suspicions that it was a werewolf confirmed, all his past experiences of fighting with werewolves began to filter through his mind. He knew what they were most likely to do, where their weak points were, and how to best take them down.

So many alphas had fallen to him. However, no alpha had dared kidnap one of his own to bait him with. This was a new brand of crazy. He still needed to be wary, needed his form to be tight especially since this was the tallest wolf man he’d encountered in a long while. He couldn’t allow himself to take things leisurely in this foreign place.

“Pay your respects and move on. Find a new alpha if you wish… and as long as he bows to my will he can have free reign. That is what I have said and that is what I am standing by.” When his opponent began circling, he also began to circle, his movements like the dance of shadows cast by firelight.

“For an alpha to fall in combat, defending his pack, is honorable. But to be beneath the likes of you? There’s no greater disgrace!” The werewolf roared in fury, the flames of vengeance smoldering within his glowing emeralds. “I am Ferlan, and I will avenge my brothers and sisters!”

With that, the beast firmly planted his feet onto the floor before adding much force, enough for the wooden boards to splinter and crack. In a blink of an eye, Ferlan launched himself from the ground and towards the vampire royalty, his left hand balled into a fist as it headed straight for Damien’s face. Meanwhile, his right hand remained at guard, fully aware of the other man’s weapons and his potential counter.

If one who lacked knowledge about the supernatural took into account Damien’s rather narrower frame and compared it to the bulky werewolf, they would probably guess that the werewolf was at an advantage and would win. But Damien’s speed was unnatural. He dodged under the leap of the wolf and slashed out with his swords.

As expected, the werebeast’s larger frame made him relatively slower and thus Damien’s last cut met its intended target successfully. The wolf let out a low groan when he felt the steel digging into his flesh, but quickly regained his momentum and landed perfectly otherwise.

He stood up in a similar posture as before, as though he couldn’t even feel his new wound. “I’ve fallen dozens of your kind,” he started, “I have been cut by thousands of swords, pierced with hundreds of arrows, and my skull bashed countless times, yet I still stand before you. Your puny sword is useless!”

With a crazed guffaw, the werewolf picked up a rather large crate and threw it to the vampire’s direction without much effort. It was then followed by another, then another, then another, before ultimately ending with him pouncing for the vampire once more. With the vampire hopefully distracted with the boxes, the werewolf knew he’d have a good chance at landing a hit, and he was aiming for his gut.

After dodging the third box he was starting to get bored. Plus, his strength was already waning. And getting chased around by a maniac wasn’t exactly his idea of a good time. “Enough!” he boomed, his voice made louder by the echoing from the walls. “I do not know which pack you are from, nor do I care. I did not come here to die a second death.” When the wolf launched himself for his midsection Damien went on the offensive again.

“Your kind are known for their superior hearing.” He made a few deft cuts across the wolf’s ears.
“A superior sense of smell…” One vicious smash with the hilt across the bridge of the nose.
“...And superior strength.” A cut to both achilles’ tendons to cripple the wolf’s movements.
“I’ve fought so many of your kind. I know all your strengths… and all your weaknesses… and all the ways to make you weak.” His fangs were bared in an undisguised display of aggression and contempt.

The vampire’s cuts successfully hit their targets, and the wolf collapsed onto the ground. He whimpered in pain as his huge form slightly trembled. It was almost as if he was winning until his whimpers shifted into giggles, and his giggles turned into maniacal laughter.

“Ah, but you forgot one thing, dear prince~!” Ferlan grinned before his glowing eyes fixed on Damien’s. “Wolves hunt in packs.”

A long howl then left the werewolf.

Six continuous and equally loud thuds sounded from around the vampire. It seemed as though Ferlan didn’t come alone after all, and the fight quickly became unfair. The other wolves were of no bigger size than their wounded comrade, but their number would prove itself to be a problem. Damien may be fast, even compared to his own kinds, but it would be beyond difficult for him to face the pack all by himself.
As they landed all around him, Damien knew this wasn’t going to be easy but he didn’t show it. “So you brought your comrades along with you to die. How kind of you.” His glance shot to Giselle who was frozen in the chair, fear in her eyes. “We’ll be done in a sec, my lovely. I’ll need attending to after we’re finished here.” Translation: he’d need blood after they stopped fighting. Now he regretted not biting both boys at the park and draining them dry.

The vampire prince wasn’t sure that his unknown partner would show up soon, but he was counting on it. He could take down three, maybe four wolves at his current state. The rest were up to her.

But as fate had it, the wolves decided to pounce in unison. Leaving the vampire prince virtually trapped, and at the mercy of their sharp claws. However, before the two parties could even clash, a bright light emerged from the warehouse’s entrance and blasted the lunging wolves.

The beastman yowled as they crashed onto the planked walls, two of them battering through the surface itself. Once the flash has faded and each party’s visions return to normal, the white-clad figure from earlier could now be seen standing beside Damien. Unlike before, she was no longer just standing like a frozen statute. Instead, she appeared to be in a defensive position, with her heels firmly planted onto the ground and her open palms waiting for combat.

“Heads up, prince Leroux. The fight isn’t over yet.” She advised, with the same calmness as before, as her icy gaze landed onto the werewolves. They were slowly rising from their rough landing, and once again ready to strike- angrier than ever.

“Apparently not,” he replied smoothly. “Thanks for the help, Miss White.” He didn’t know her actual name so the nickname just popped out of his mouth. He brushed off his suit and sighed. “I’m going to have to get this dry cleaned, aren’t I?” he asked as though it was some tedious thing. To him, perhaps it was. “Alright, let’s finish this because I’m getting hungry.”

And with that, he launched himself blades whirling in the air, just flashes of silver as he set to work on the wolves. Within minutes, carcasses lay all around him. One with a wound through the skull, another with a fatal cut at the neck and a third he’d pierced through the heart.

Meanwhile, his quiet companion cleared the rest of the wolves for him. With bursts of fire, whip splashes of water, and cuts of air, the last of the pack fell on the ground. Unlike the vampire’s, her targets seemed to still have a silver of life within them. Whether she took pity or simply couldn’t find it in herself to kill remained a mystery.

“Well done,” Ms. White, as Damien has dubbed her, clapped her hands together in a graceful manner before inching closer to the vampire. “Your cooperation has been greatly appreciated, prince Leroux. Do know that your efforts, regardless done by your own sake, helped keep the realms at peace.” She gave a polite bow before picking up one of the still-breathing bodies and stacking it on top of another.

He could honestly care less about keeping the peace between realms or whatever. What he really needed was to feed. Zooming over with supernatural speed, Damien knelt in front of the human and procured a key which he’d gotten from Ferlan after he’d killed him. He left no survivors, not allowing even the chance of any of them coming after him again. They didn’t deserve to live after harming Giselle.

With a clank the chains came undone and Giselle buried herself in his arms. “D-Damien, I was so scared!” she sobbed. “I waited and waited for you to come and they--” Her words cut off. He stiffened in anger. “Show me.” Wincing, she lifted the hem of her shirt which was soaked in blood and he hissed furiously at what he saw.

“Is it that bad?” Giselle weakly asked, brow furrowing with concern. “Do you think it’s gonna scar?” She has always been one to value her looks. While she believed that not everything should be based on appearance, she was well-aware of the many perks that came with having one.

“They’re sending a message. It’s a promise that this is only the beginning,” he replied.

Giselle’s eyes widened with both shock and fear. Her smaller frame then began to convulse as she broke into sobs. “I-I don't want this to happen again!”

Going into full-on comforting mode, Damien held her close and stroked her hair. “Shhh… everything will be fine. Now listen carefully. I am going to give you some of my blood so that you won’t even scar. That should get you healed up and back to normal. Then I’m going to hunt for a blood source nearby.”

“B-But, my love, can’t you just feed from me and turn me?” She asked, growing weaker and paler by the second. “Please, I kept on telling you. I’m ready.”

“Hush, dear. I will tell you if and when you are ready. Now stop pestering me about it and drink.” Using his sharp fangs he tore into his own arm and pressed the bleeding wound to her lips.

Giselle whimpered in defeat before doing as she was told, craning her neck forward so she could take a sip of the vampire’s blood. The liquid has a pungent smell and tasted rather metallic against her tongue, yet she could feel her vigor slowly return with every drop.

From behind the couple, the lady in white neared and stood. She appeared to be effortlessly carrying a pile of bodies tied together over her shoulders, as if they were nothing but sacks of potatoes.

“It seems like this won’t be the last time we see each other, vampire prince.” She said with a nonchalant expression. “But if I were you, I’d keep my secrets away from humans.” And with that, Ms. White turned on her heels and headed for the exit.

A pool of light would then erupt from outside the warehouse, filling each window and holes with brightness before dissipating. It was only after that when the whole building slightly shook, as if a large and winged creature took off to the skies.

“Mind your own business, Whitey,” he mumbled under his breath as she left. Giselle finished taking blood and he led her to a shaded area nearby. Before he went hunting he told her, pupils contracting, “Forget the stressful events of today, the kidnapping and the werewolves and the fighting.” And with that he went off in search of blood.

Marnie:
Marnie scrambled around in her apron pocket and enthusiastically grabbed a somewhat grubby napkin before releasing a pen from behind her ear and agressively thrust them into the hands of the Lich. "Occulut Candles suck and the runestones are worse. I only ever get a weird rubber duck symbol..." She shivered again and wished she'd bought a coat. "What is it you do then er..." she frowned slightly before having what looked like a eureka moment "Mr. Lich, is it exciting? Dangerous perhaps?" she bobbed her head up and down. Anything had to be more interesting then this and quite frankly work was the least of her worries with the eventfulness she'd been through. She fiddled her hands around then looked up at him with large eyes filled with curiosity and almost something like jealousy. Here in front of her was a supernatural being who had purpose, or at least she imagined being able to have powers would give you a duty or a purpose, to her it was all the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back