• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Tales of the Old Gods Episode 1: Inner Manhattan

I've got way too many plots so how about you choose (see below)

• Sewer Plot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dream World Plot (note: this was originally planned for a future episode

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BackSet

Ray of Sunshine
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Tales of the Old Gods Episode 1: Inner Manhattan
[IMG='width:552px;']https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b4/9d/29/b49d2911a7d2c3d922be488f88ff756c.jpg[/IMG]​

In this world, there are gods. These gods are not what you might think they are. They are neither Zeus nor Poseiden. Neither Thor nor Odin. Neither Ra nor Horus. These gods are those of society. These gods are not holy. They are not to be worshiped. For them god means something different than it does for us. It merely means an immortal. A concept, you might say. They embody all that is modern society. From something as vast and all encompassing as commerce to something as small as small as farmers markets. These are the things that make up their very essence.

They did not always dwell in Manhattan. They first started in England. They sprung up with no explanation, merely popping into existance. Gods of government, progress, conflict, and more. These gods then birthed other gods, smaller gods. These gods followed the English throughout their lives, watching them and helping them. If the god of marketplaces favored you, you would turn a prophet. If he hated you, you wouldn't make a single penny.

Eventually, the English came to America. America resonated with energy that attracted the gods. And so they followed the English, hoping to find a new place to take root. They found one. Manhattan.

Out of all the places in America, Manhattan resonated the strongest. So when the English settled it, so did they. And thus, Inner Manhattan was born. A city within a city, Inner Manhattan is hidden magically from those without The Sight. It is a place of great magic full of wonderous beings.

The gods, of course, were the most wonderous beings of all. But over the years their power waned. And with the dawn of the twenty-first century, they have been reduced to nothing but simple magic. Still immortal, but not true gods. They still embody things, but they no longer have control.

And yet, life goes on in Inner Manhattan. The city is still wonderous and there is much to explore. Places to go. Secrets to find. That is, if you know where to look.

And that is what you do. You ragtag bunch of gods, mortals, fourtane tellers and more who have been brought together by the strings of fate. You shall explore Inner Manhattan and find it's secrets, both good and bad.

Potential plots (see poll above to vote):

1. The Breeyark Mafia has begun expanding it's territory at an alarming rate. Before long they could get their nasty tentacles into every part of Inner Manhattan. Prehaps it's time for someone to put a stop too this.

It's said that strange secrets lie within the sewers of Inner Manhattan. Prehaps treasure, prehaps something else. What will you find down there?

There is a space between time called the Dream World. Nothing is known about it, but there are many people searching to find it's secrets, some of whom are the wrong kind of people to have this knowledge. Prehaps some things are better off not knowing. (note: this was originally planned for a future episode so I would like it if you didn't choose this one. However, I won't object if you do).

GM Notes

Okay here's the story. This is anroleplay that I've put a hella lot of thpight into. There's complex lore and lots of races and all that junk. This is my second time trying it. The first time I got a bunch of interest but only a few people made characters, not enough for the roleplay to start. So I ask you pretty please to make sure you can invest in this even somewhat. Please.

Lore: Spyrax's Library Tower (Tales of the Old Gods Lore)

Last edited:
Hm can you bother to write the plot down for review? It's good to now the GM has something in mind but seeing is believing

And the plot might be to my liking or not

Ooh, I like the dream plot, but it does sound like it would probably be better for a later episode. The mafia one would be the gods getting entangled with a human mafia, yes?

Ooh, I like the dream plot, but it does sound like it would probably be better for a later episode. The mafia one would be the gods getting entangled with a human mafia, yes?
From the info in the lore I'm assuming it's a goblin mafia, not a normal human one. Also your character doesn't have to be a god, so it would only be gods

Users who are viewing this thread

Back