• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Tales of the Hunters (A monster hunter 1x1, with Flareshield)

Eldwyn was walking back to his house after a successful hunt in the arena. It was a savage deviljho fight, tough and challenging. He had a good team and they brought down the beast, gaining their rewards. It was always a wonder to him how they kept monsters in the arena without them getting out, but it didn't matter. He stopped in the shop at Val Harbor to replenish his supplies, buying potion, whetstones, and the other necessities he could buy. He then sat down at the table and ordered a meal.

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Alicia was taking her time waiting for this person. Than there he was sitting down at a lone table. She looked at a pouch she had that was filled with a good 200'000 Zenny. She had to sell off a family Heirloom to get this much but she felt it was worth it. "Excuse me Mr. Eldwyn. Can I borrow you for a moment? I want to make a deal with you."

Flareshield Flareshield

Eldwyn looked up at the girl. Who was she and how did she know his name? Those were the thoughts running through his head. He beckoned for her to take a seat, ordering another ale for her. "We can talk here." Had the guild given him an urgent quest, or was this a person with a monster problem? "What do you want? A deal makes it sound like there's something big I have to fight. Is it an elder dragon?"

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Last edited:
"Actually I want to deal with an Elder Dragon. But that is a long distance away. See I'm a fledgling hunter. Just got accepted a few days back. Only issue is. I had no real teacher. The most I can hunt at the moment is a great Jaggi. And I just so happened to hear your name." She lied about the last part she specifically was looking for him. She even did research on him. "So I was wondering if I could hire you to be my teacher. I promise I'll make it worth your while." Alicia pulled up the pouch filled with Zenny and pushed it his way. "That is for the first 5 or so months. I got more where that came from."

Flareshield Flareshield

Eldwyn's eyebrows skyrocketed at seeing the money. "You cannot buy a teacher, you should know that. It is also very rare that a fledgling hunter goes to a mentor. Usually, one would hunt with random people, then find three others that worked well together in a team. Then they'd rise up the ranks. So, why do you specifically want a teacher and more importantly, I'm not the best hunter out there. There are so many other people you could ask who are more experienced." He refused the bag of money. "Give me answers and I'll think of mentoring you."

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

"Largely lack of fresh hunters. Everyone nowadays is high rank and never wants to bother helping someone as low as me. I can hardly fight the Kut-Ku as is." She admitted looking down somewhat ashamed.

Flareshield Flareshield

The ale arrived for the girl. "I never asked, but are you drinking age yet? Also, it seems I haven't the pleasure of learning your name." He finished the rest of his meal, and looked back to her. "If you want me to teach you, I will not start easy like most mentors. I am kind and understanding, but if your goal is an elder dragon, we can not start with the easy basics. I will take your Zenny to pay for your apprenticeship." He paused for a second, then continued. "Yes, I am taking you in as my pupil. We will leave for my house soon. I'll need the Zennys for the expansions to my house."

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

"I'm 17. And the names Alicia. And thank you. At least your training will get me prepared for my end goal. And I have my own place don't worry. Use that Zenny for whatever you deem as useful."
Flareshield Flareshield

"So you're saying that wherever you're staying is going to be okay for getting to my house at first light?" Eldwyn started laughing. "I do believe those would be my rules." He stopped laughing. "If you miss first light of any day, the training is off, do you understand? I can't do any later than first light. I trained myself this way, and you seem to want to learn. So, if you don't think you could make it, I'll build an expansion on my house where you could stay. I'll also build a training area, different terrains and such of the kind. Be at my house by first light tomorrow, and don't be late." Eldwyn dropped a map with the location of his house on the table. The food and drinks had already been payed for.

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

"Then the expansions may be needed. I live in the residential area in an apartment. Small place. And I have no idea how far you live. So yeah..." Her head hung low given her living situation. Such a plummet since last year.

Flareshield Flareshield

"Alright then, come along. I'll show you where my house is." For the first time since meeting Alicia, Eldwyn wore a smile on his face. "I'm guessing the elder dragon you're targeting destroyed your home. It happens more than you think. We'll start training by the morning 2 days from now, or midday if you help with building your room." Eldwyn looked over at her again, and asked, "What elder dragon will you be hunting?"

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

"That will remain Private. Should I come to trust you I'll tell you. For now you are my mentor. You are teaching me to be a better hunter. When we get that point I may tell you." Alicia explained "Though in the meantime I may want to practice on my own and see what I can change."

Flareshield Flareshield

They arrived at his house, which were on the outskirts of town. It was a one story building with an icebox, a cooking area outside, a small, but comfortable living space, a bathroom, and a bedroom. There was a hatch outside leading to the cellar, where there was more storage in materials that wouldn't fit in the item box. It looked as though an above average builder built it. "It isn't much, but it's my home. No houses were for sale when I was looking for one, so I bought this plot of land and built the house from the ground up: I'll order the materials needed for the expansions of the house, and they should be here before first light tomorrow." The house was bigger than the ones given to you by the guild when you're the main hunter, about 2 1/2 times that of the Moga Village house.

Eldwyn sat down and wrote on a pad of paper, then ripped a piece out and headed towards the door. "I'll be back soon. I have to drop this off at the materials place so I can get them before first light tomorrow. There are spare bed sheets and pillows in the cellar, in a separate part from the rest of the materials. You can get yourself some and choose to sleep on the ground or in a chair." With that, Eldwyn had left and Alicia was left standing along in the living area.

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Alicia awkwardly walked around in Eldwyns home. She was unused to this. It was huge, While her apartment in Val Harbor was decent it was small. Like a Bedroom and Kitchen small. So the bigger house was alien to her. She took a seat in a chair and began to think things over. "I can't believe it actually worked. If anything I have to try harder then ever before. I owe it to my people and this man."

Flareshield Flareshield

Eldwyn walked into the house an hour later with bedsheets in one hand, and a pillow in the other. "I told you to get some sleeping stuff. I don't expect you to sleep without some sleeping stuff." He put the bed sleeping stuff on the table in front of Alicia. It was evening. "How about I cook you some dinner, okay? It won't be as big as the meals that you can order from the guild's cook, but I never had been able to finish those meals. How about some bullfango meat with cathar tomato salsa and a mixed fruit juice to drink. Sound good to you?" Eldwyn rummaged through the icebox, then went to the cellar to get some other things. He prepared the meats on a cutting block outside after cleaning it off. He then lit the fire and put the bullfango meat on a pan over the fire. He then started working on the salsa.

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

"Bulfango meat huh? Have to admit I have no idea why the guilds never use it for food. Well Rheno meat is less expensive so they probably go for it more than Bullfango meat. And you need help I do have some skill in making fruit juice."

Flareshield Flareshield

Outside, Eldwyn flipped over the meat to let the other side cook. Now done with adding other things to the tomato, it still being the most prominent in the salsa, he put that into the dishes he had, leaving room for the bullfango meat. On one of the rocks he used for cooking, Eldwyn had cleaned off the stone and put an assortment of fruits. "Yes, that would be very much appreciated. All of the fruit are referred to as 'tropical berries'. I find this a bit disheartening because there is so much variety in the tropical fruit. By trial and error, I've come up with this. So I guess you could call this your first task." He said the last part jokingly, laughing at it. "I'm going to go get out of my armor. It's a bit uncomfortable to cook in and I'd like to get rid of the encumbrance. Call me if anything happens." Eldwyn walked inside of the hut, going into his room to change into casual clothes. A few minutes later, he came out wearing a grey short sleeved shirt, tan knee length shorts, and light brown sandals on his feet. He sat back down and got the meat off of the pan, putting it onto the dish next to the salsa, and seasoned the meat with some normal seasonings. He put the two plates on a low rock table he had made, and sat cross legged on the ground. When she got there and set the drinks down, Eldwyn raised his glass and said, "To your succeeding as a hunter!"

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi
(The juice will taste like mango guava juice if that helps at all.)

Alicia decided to go along "And to the long road ahead." She was happy at how good this was. If anything it was better then anything the guild cook would make. "You seem to know how to cook. I'm surprised you chose to be a hunter and not open a Food joint."

Flareshield Flareshield

Eldwyn was glad that Alicia was enjoying his meal. "I thought about it, but I decided that being a hunter would be more fun. I can also get meat and other ingredients cheaper, since whatever I carve and gather I get to keep. I also get to save more lives this way. While it can be hard to earn money at times, none of it really bothers me since I have a bit of food here from my many missions I've been out on."

He finished his meal, looking at the sun. "I'm going to sleep, since I have to get up earlier than usual and start working on the housing expansions. We can talk more tomorrow. Have a pleasant sleep." He walked into the house and into his room, closing the door and getting into his bed.

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

"And the same to you Eldwyn." Alicia decided to use the chair for sleeping. Grabbing the Blanket and pillow she got herself situated and slowly began to drift into sleep.Honestly not minding the idea of getting up at first light. If she could be comfortable like this she was fine.

Flareshield Flareshield

TIME SKIP! Next morning! We got through the first day!

Eldwyn had gotten up one hour before first light to receive and pay for the expansion materials, including new furniture for Alicia's room. He made sure to be quiet when he walked by his student. A person was standing outside, waiting for him. "Sorry, how long have you been waiting." "Not very long. You will have to pay 200,000 zenny for the materials." Eldwyn took out 210,000 zenny, and gave it to the man. His face lit up when he saw the tip. "Have a nice day sir." "You too, hunter."

Eldwyn set up two tents, one for the materials of each expansion. It was near first light, so he started working on the basic structure of the new bedroom.

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Alicia still slept as Eldwyn did what he did. But she was stressed by something. She was rapidly breathing and on occasion murmering something that couldn't be heard. On occasionn her head would jerk to the side as though she were averting her gaze. And she was visibly sweating.

Flareshield Flareshield

"Damn, I forgot cool drinks." Cool drinks are like the water in that world. "Better go get some. I can't believe I was so stupid in forgetting to bring them." He walked back into the house, and was heading towards his room when something caught his eye. "What the? What's going on?" He could see Alicia sweating. A nightmare? He went to his room and got a towel along with the cool drinks. He put some on a towel and wiped the sweat off of her face, hoping also the cold feel would wake her out of the nightmare she was having.

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back