• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Tales of the Bomb pirates:: a one piece rp in a soft reboot

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Our story begins in the city of Soarsea, a gorgeous place on one of the larger islands in the South blue sea.
20211118_011050.jpg
Soarsea is a trading hub, It doesn't matter what you look for because in Soarsea someone has it. Goods from all over the south blue (and sometimes even the other blue seas and beyond) make their way to and from this beautiful seaside city. But like most places in this world, Soarside has a cruel underbelly.
A young man named Lalilu, grew up despising his hometown for many reasons. The weakness of the townsfolk, the petty nature of civilians and their class systems, the navy so easily paid off and crooked, and of course the thug who ruled over Soarsea with a iron grip...
Bloodbeard_Portriat.png
Captain Patrick "Ape-man" Gordie.
All of these problems started from this man arriving thirty years prior. A Pirate captain has had this island under his thumb for the last twenty seven years. It was Lalilu who vowed to end him. If he couldn't take down the man who dictates his home, the lives of the people and himself... how could he look into the distance claiming "I'll see it all"
If he couldn't even see past the colours of Capain Gordie.
Lalilu's parents had their lives ended by ape-man's crew. Everyone including Lali saw getting kicked about, threatened and being outnumbered as a daily part of life.

"it won't last forever, I'm fighting back, making plans..."
Lalilu often spoke such words to the street urchins who grew up like him, though this time there was weight behind it.
Captain Patrick recently invited many pirates to a parlay at Soarsea. The rumours being he had prizes and treasure for those willing to cooperate.
The ape-man killed each captain who opposed him,
His forces seize each pirate ship while their captains were at the meeting,
Each pirate left alive was given a choice...
"join my fleet! Or crumble and die at my feet! Pwhahahahahahahahahahah"

It's been two days since the ape man's cunning ambush. However all is not well, the captains newest treasures has been stolen! While his men rampage through the city...
The civilians and pirates who hadn't joined the ape mans forces soon found themselves before a young man claiming to be the infamous thief the pirates are after...
"I know your here because of unfortunate reasons, but as a unfortunate soul myself I see you all as lucky. You all here, each one of you... has a chance to set things right!
I've lived my whole life under ole Gordies rule. So to have a number of men and women seething with hatred at the man who murdered your family, killed your captain, ruined your livelihood!!... I suddenly feel blessed. Cause I have a plan to make the Ape man pay. We'll exact painful retribution that we can all call justice. Get payment for the misfortune, Avenge your family and friends deathes! Follow me to revenge so we can soar freely towards our dreams!"
======================

One piece Rp, but instead of following the canon I had a plan to shake up it up somewhat and we can all make entirely new characters for rival pirates and navy officials.

I figure depending on how many people join would determine how many characters one would play. This rp is somewhat of a slow burn. The starting island of Soarsea is in the middle of South blue and from this arc the newly formed pirates would travel to a few different islands before hitting reverse mountain and the grand line.

Players would be encouraged to pitch ideas for character arcs, similar to the beginning of one piece.
(Instead of forming a crew along the way, more each crew member originating from the south blue getting a arc for closure. A island with a asshole who made character's life shit for example)

The first arc being Lalilu stealing three devil fruits and forming a crew from the remnants of other pirates and civilians with a reason to hate Patrick Gordie.
Then a mixture of player scenarios and my own all the way along until finding the one piece. (Which would take ages)
===========================================
A similar idea for a starting point that I had was that the first island of the grand line is subject to a battle in which one big ass crew decimates a number of smaller ships and crews, the survivors of this battle having lost their ship and crew have to band together to fix a ship from the wrecks and hunt after the ones who killed erryone

As far as characters and their abilities I'd rather each player leave room for growth, can't start off as a skywalking haki using badass son of a gun...But techniques and devil fruits are allowed
(Though somewhat limited to begin with)

Post requirements would be two paragraphs or more twice a week

Cs page is here

Last edited:
Easy tropes to fill with or without a devil fruit...

A master of a new/hidden/self taught fighting style. Possibly wanting to enter a tournament at karate Island.

A blacksmith/shipwright tired of Patrick's cruel rule and with the riots deciding to throw his lot in to kill rather then serve any longer.

A cowboy whose homeland perfected the revolver, Possibly a lever action rifle sniper capable of trick shots with any sorta bullet.

A musician with a zoan fruit for the sole pun of being a beast in a fight and on a instrument.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back