• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Tales of Tengoku (Recruiting!)

I know that a lot of people have gone back to school. We're still recruiting though for those who can afford time to commit to this. A lot of people have been applying and then realizing they can't commit the time. Please take your actual life into consideration before you commit to this game. This isn't a game that will be posting a million posts a day so I do think it is possible to comfortably participate but if you don't think you can post once a week, then yes. Do not join this.

Dropping by to express my interests to join this RP.
Not trying to come off as rude, but have you considered making a separate CS thread for all the players' character sheets?
It would certainly help in navigating back to review certain details.

Is there a deadline for the CS or approximate release date of the RP's IC?
The Black Knight The Black Knight

Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 I'm not making the Character Thread until I make the IC and other threads, which I won't be doing until I get enough people. There is no due date for the RP. It depends on when I get the amount of people I need. I'm not expecting to get 7. At the time, I had a ton of interest. It will definitely be less than that.

Kibaa Kibaa You drop your CS here to be reviewed. When your CS gets approved, then when it comes time for the CS thread to be made, then it will go in there.

Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 I'm not making the Character Thread until I make the IC and other threads, which I won't be doing until I get enough people. There is no due date for the RP. It depends on when I get the amount of people I need. I'm not expecting to get 7. At the time, I had a ton of interest. It will definitely be less than that.

Kibaa Kibaa You drop your CS here to be reviewed. When your CS gets approved, then when it comes time for the CS thread to be made, then it will go in there.

Alrighty. I'll get it done by the end of this week.

WRS-003-2T.jpg

Name: Haruhara Tanaka
Nickname: Haru
Alias: Panther
Race: Human
Role: Shinobi
Birthplace: Born to the Orayama Clan of shinobi who have their namesake village deep in the mountains near the imperial capital. Orayama village officially was known for its sweet red wines once favoured by Huayaun Emperors. Unofficially the Orayama is the home of the Emperors personal private shinobi agents. Since the death of Honghui the village had been attacked and raised to the ground.
Height: 5ft8in
Weight: 50kg
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Blue
Skin: Asian Pale
Physique: Athletic and Slender

Written Appearance: Beautiful and mysterious usually always hidden behind her red mask unless required for her job. Almost robotic in a sense, seemingly never seemingly coming to life unless there is a job to do. She seemingly does not relax standing straight backed, either staring out from high point in quiet contemplation or looking at others around her. Her gaze seemed always probing and analysing when looking at others or thoughtful. Not exactly approachable and neither she seemed to mind being alone.

Personality: Haru is a difficult one to measure. Her role as shinobi and the necessities of her roles makes her a capable actress, changing her manner and personality to suit the needs of her situation. In fighting gear she is stoic and taciturn speaking little beyond the necessities of the mission. As a gheisha she can be sweat and demure, as courtesan can flirt and sly and so on. What is known for sure is cunning and manipulative therefore not to be fully trusted. What is to be trusted is that she is loyal to the young emperor and would do anything to end the threat that is coming from them. What is the true Haru and whether she is worth someone digging deep to see? It I'd for one to find out.

Background: Shinobi, master of stealth and disguise, are a controversial open dirty secret of imperial life. Officially shinobi are despised for there dishonorable methods, being mercenaries, and the general association with darkness, dishonesty assassinations and scare tactics. Still thought officially despised there are few nobles in the land who havent used a local clan of shinobi for their own ends whether for assassinations or intelligence gathering. Despite the reputation, Shinobi never renege on a contract when hired and fiercely loyal to those that hired them. When captured, Shinobi either fight to the death or take their own life.

One such example of sacrifice is Toru Tanaka, leader of Clan Orayama and Haru's father. He and his clan fought in the shadows for the Emperor during Ichirou uprising even when clans like his where falsely accused of being on the side of the evil Oni. It was said that the subterfuge was what helped Honghui get as far as he did in his fight for evil. Toru also was also one of the first to sacrifice himself for the young heir and his mother. Haru was one of the handful of survivors of the clan carrying on their service to the new young empire at whatever cost.

Gear: Changes clothing to suit the necessities for her mission whether it is a peasant, geisha or courtesan. For combat situations and stealth, she has a light set of armour designed to give her maximum movement over protection (see picture). Otherwise, she carries a few gadgets for her work, including smoke bombs and fire crackers.

Weapon:
  • Ninjato
  • Shurikan
  • Hidden dagger
Magic: Though some of Haru feats may seem magical in nature, such as disappearing without a trace. These are simply both of skill and misdirection. Though there are techniques Haru can learn, she had only been trained in martial abilities and the magical techniques were lost with the fall of her father and village.

Fighting Style: Shinguru katto no hōhō or Way of the Single Cut

Martial Arts: The Way of The Single Cut is a method of avoiding prolonged fight with your opponent. Indirectly weaken your opponent, preferably indirectly, so when you strike you need only strike once to fell an opponent. This requires as much precision strikes as trickery and misdirection. A practitioner needs to strike where necessary to cause a fatal or incapacitated blow as required. Thought some extended fights are sometimes necessary and acceptable it is always more advised to disengage at such exchanges and live to fight another day. In prolonged fights, combative is defensive either waiting for a mistake or causing opening through misdirection. The main tenants of the way of the Single Cut and motto of the Clan Orayama is "Eagle's sight, Panther's prowl, Fox's cunning." A ninja of the clan and follower of the single cut is learned mantra by heart and taught to demonstrates these traits of the animals.

-Eagles sight: encourages situational awareness and know your enemy
Getting a birds eye view whenever you can. It is also using such height advantage to your benefit as position to manipulate the enemy. In a straight up fight, keep your distance to give maximum time to react and force the opent to act. See the opponents method of fighting and attack accordingly at their weakest.

-Panthers prowl: do not search for a fight, a ninja takes his time picking their target carefully from safe hidden position. It is also about using fear, strike hard and fast and return to stealth leaving only a fallen comrade of the enemy behind as warning that their next and they wont see it coming. In straight, maintain control and be unpredictable to keep the opponent on the back foot.

-Fox's cunning- when usually you are one against many creativity is key to survival. When there is no opening, make one when you can. Use tools like firecrackers to isolate a targets. Fight smart and hit them when your dont expect him. Fain attacks to expose a vulnerability to the opponents guard and strike with a hidden weapon.

-Panther Stalks on Trees-Orayama Ninja Variant of "Leopard stalks on Snow." Shares the focus on adaptive and evasive footwork but attempts to taking advantage of the ninja lighter armor and freer range of moment to add acrobatic such as wall running. Aimed to keep an opponent off guard but also to strike the opponent at unexpected angles.

-Elephant kicks up dust- When surrounded with enemies the user throws out several flash and smoke bombs around her to disorient and blind opponent. This can be used to other make an escape or give the user a chance to thin out the opposition.

Guardian Spirit: Alias namesake and symbol of her clan a black panther. The stealthy and powerful hunter but also stands for valour and determination as well as protection. Panther mothers guard their youngs fiercely when under their charge,

Last edited:
I'm still looking for more characters for this. I had many tentative interest statements and CS declarations, but I've only seen a few commit. So if those people go silent and wander off, well, it still leaves this game open for recruitment. I am going to put the cap at 5. This is not first-come; first-serve. It is entirely subjective to what sort of concept you present me.

I am going to give everyone until Friday to complete their WIPs. If the WIPs aren't completed by then, then the CSes are just not going to be acknowledged. Also, people will have until Friday to drop an application for this game.

Eyyyo what up it's ya boy here to do the thing and protect the kiddo.

I mean look at that kid, adorable and thinks he can do the things, what a champ, kiddo deserves a treat or three.

Martial Arts: The Way of The Single Cut is a method of avoiding prolonged fight with your opponent. Indirectly weaken your opponent, preferably indirectly, so when you strike you need only strike once to fell an opponent. This requires as much precision strikes as trickery and misdirection. A practitioner needs to strike where necessary to cause a fatal or incapacitated blow as required. Thought some extended fights are sometimes necessary and acceptable it is always more advised to disengage at such exchanges and live to fight another day. In prolonged fights, combative is defensive either waiting for a mistake or causing opening through misdirection. (You wrote a summary of the fighting style here. Now you need to write the techniques that would literally do what you just described.)

-Eagle dives for prey- A surprise attack technique, the practitioner get into position on top of client than job on him with a vertical slove of ones blade. (I don't know if you were barely awake or what because your spelling is way off. How did they get on top of their foe? Is this meant to be executed after a knockdown?)

-Hide the sting behind the claws- Stike several times with the blade in one hand and hold opponent attention to the blade and on the defensive. With the opponents attention held strike with the hidden dagger in your free hand.

I wrote comments in bold. Just to add more...if you are saying she has a technique to disappear without a trace and it's not magical, then it needs to be listed here. You also need to explain how she does so.

EYQ7S5y.jpg

Name: Seo Ji / Seoji

Nickname: N/A

Alias:
Lorekeeper of the Crimson Mountains / Guardian of the Silver Lake Shrine

Race: Kirin (Qilin)

Role: Loremaster / Summoner

Birthplace:
[Silver Lake, Crimson Mountains, Hongsan Province]
The Crimson Mountains are a range of steep mountains found in the far Western corner of Huayan. It is a temperate region that is covered largely by deciduous in the low-lying valleys, and mountain passes. The name "Crimson Mountains" derives from the shedding red leaves that is commonly seen during fall seasons. The Crimson Mountains is also home to mythological Kirins in Huayan history that generally brought fortune and good harvests for the inhabitants. In return for their blessings and bountiful harvests, the human population would prepare a portion of their harvest as offerings. One of the few shrines that the populace would give their offerings is called the "Silver Lake" where Seo Ji resides.

Hongsan is known for their Red Plum Powder - finely grounded, dried red plums that is used to accompany fruits and vegetable for its sweet, succulent taste.

Height: 4 ft. 6 in. (137 cm)

Weight: 89 lbs. (40 kg)

Hair Color: White

Eye Color: Amber

Skin: Pale complexion that glows pinkish during wintry or scorching weathers.

Physique: Slender adolescent physique.

Written Appearance:
Seoji is a short, slender figure that tends to blend into the background, due to her height. Seoji possesses a pair of gleaming horns that glows in the dark. She has amber eyes with draconian-like pupils that expands at times. Seoji also has a multitude of tails that matches her hair color. This often led to many confusing her for a fox spirit. She is generally seen in her traditional hanbok, of which has seen much work for the last few decades.

Personality:
Seoji is generally perceived as a wise figure by the general populace that worships her. While that is true to a certain extend, the kirin retains a somewhat childish attitude towards those that met her. While well-versed in the arcane arts, having spent most of her life studying the outside world via scrolls and books that was left behind by the shrine's last inhabitants, Seoji is far from wise. Surely, she is one to greet a stranger with courtesies and reservations, but will get quite eccentric when food is involved - particularly plums and apples.

Living away from civilization for most of her life, Seoji retains an awkward approach when it comes to greeting strangers. This ranges from initial sniffing or awkwardly staring at someone for a whole hour. This also furthers her wariness of strangers, and will only align herself if the cause works out for her own needs. A benefactor scholar, and an advocate of personal liberties. However, despite this, she is generally quite friendly towards those that she shares time with. Seoji is a reliable person when it comes to common needs like foraging and lending assistance, for a price.

A distinctive pattern of her speech is generally perceived and picked up on by those that meets her. She generally addresses others as 'brother' or 'sister', as if she was an acolyte.

Background:
Seoji is a renowned shrine guardian that was worshiped and admired by villagers from the outlying settlements beyond the mountain passes. Her acknowledgement came to be when a group of lost villagers failed to find shelter on one rainy night. It was there, in the pitch darkness, that they saw a pair of glowing lights that led them to the mountain pass. Ever since the ordeal, inhabitants of Seoyun would visit the mountain pass and brought their offerings.

For more than a century, Seoji would watch over those that frequent the mountain paths to offer their prayers and gifts. As time went on, the people would learn of her preferences for plums and books, and obliged. Despite her curiosities and intrigues, Seoji has only ever made contact with humans when she attended annual festivals, blending into the crowd.

Gear:
Seoji generally dons a gray hanbok with self-woven sash that can carry a multitude of accessories. She also has a satchel that contains mostly gunpowder and other auxiliary equipment to supply her Dragon Company (see Magic section)

Weapon:
[Annals of Crimson Blossoms]
Seoji's "weapon" is an enchanted, wooden scroll that is imbued with ancient druid arcane. Aside from housing recorded spells, the scroll is able to be taken apart to facilitate complex crafting of new spells and enchantments. The scroll is soul-bound to Seoji and cannot be destroyed by normal means. This makes the scroll both an offensive and defensive type of weapon. However, when casting a complex spell, the scroll's active spells will dwindle significantly, in order to facilitate a new surge of energy.

[Dragon Fists]
Miniature hand cannons for Seoji's Dragon Company. While these warheads appears too small to cause any actual harm, it is imbued with arcane runes that facilitates the management of the user's detonation method (airburst, timed, proximity, etc.), while carrying enough grains of sulfur and saltpeter to incapacitate any opponent. Due to their small size, these missiles can fit through smaller places, furthering its potentials when deployed strategically. Dragon Fists are sometimes used to deploy smokes or simply as flare signals.

Magic:
[Chimera's Blood]
Seoji can shape-shift into a kirin, in order to expedite her movement or facilitate transport for a rider. This ability is usually used for "tactical redirection" - running away.

[The General's Dragon Company]
Seoji is able to summon miniature armored soldiers, that are trained to operate special hand-cannons crafted by Seoji. In addition, the Dragon Company coordination enables them to let out devastating concentrations of high-explosive salvos. Where they lack in size, the Dragon Company make up for in their agility and discipline. Dragon Company are sometimes summoned to help Seoji with mundane tasks, rather than combat. They are versatile for most jobs.

[The Admiral's Miracle]
Seoji can manipulate water to expedite the natural recovery process of any wounds - effectively "healing" the subject. However, this ability does not treat destroyed organs, and will take considerable time to treat severe injuries, all the while reliant on the amount of water at hand.

[The Sage's Curtain]
Seoji can turn her scroll into an interlaced rows of fortified wall that is able to withstand significant attacks.

[The Consort's Strings]
Seoji can telekinetically manipulate any wooden object within a certain vicinity. This spell is mostly used to replenish or empower her Dragon Company's rank.

Fighting Style: N/A

Martial Arts: N/A

Guardian Spirit: N/A

RmEN3u5.jpg

[done, awaiting your review]

If you still have a spot free I would be interested but I'm more into Wuxia so could I make a character that's 'from China' or whatever it would be called in this RP?

So, when it comes to firearms we're talking match/wheel locks yea? Pew pew...

More like pew

1 minute later

Pew.

Last edited:
Eric here. <3 This is my latest character creation.

Her name is Sorphina Elmonté, and she chooses not to go by any nicknames and does not use an alias. Alora is her spirit guardian who is a majestic white horse, and is only present when the child emporer is. She is a twenty-six-year-old female who is of the human race. Her main role is being the princess of Umanji, which is where she is from. Umanji is different from other regions of Huayuan Garden mainly because the buildings are all expansive and made of white brick.

Regarding her appearance, she stands at 5'10" with long legs and weighs somewhere around 140 pounds. She has light skin and a slender frame. Her eyes are pink like the rhodolite garnet gemstone, and her hair reaches her upper back area, light pink in color with slightly dark pink tips. Below is a picture I found from a websearch, this picture inspiring me greatly in creating Sorphina.

Sorphina wears special gear when in combat, gear that her mother wore once before to help protect the kingdom of Umanji. It is white armor that covers her arms, her chest and torso, and her hips, all accented with gold in ornate fashion. Underneath this armor is a white dress made of crépe, though the material is pink on the side that is less seen. The dress is styled to fit her frame nicely, and ruffles elegantly around her thighs. Brown leather helps to hold her hip armor together, and also adorns the sides of her body. Sorphina wears a cape made of the same material as her dress, the cape enchanted to give her extra magic power. Covering her legs and feet are white boots with short and somewhat thick heels, reaching to the middle of her thigh with delicate pattern. Her main weapon is her halberd that is 6 feet, which has pink opal on it specifically placed to form flowers. This flower design is also in each corner on the front of her shield. Latora picked flowers from the fields of Umanji and crafted a flower tiara for Sorphina. She enchanted it so the petals would never wilt. It is only worn when she is in combat.

There are several factors that define Sorphina as an individual. She has peculiar likes, some of them being gourmet meals, large trees, pink gems, and being able to help others. Some things she dislikes are bitter food, being treated with disrespect, and dishonesty. She is destined to fight for what is right, and does not let evil intimidate her. Sorphina is a woman who will stand up for others, and is caring as well as strongwilled.

When it comes to the backstory of Sorphina, it is one she doesn't really talk about. However, she does not allow the hardships she has overcome to hold her back. Instead, she uses this to her advantage. Her parents were the king and queen of Umanji, devoting their energy to making Umanji a place for its citizens to flourish. Her mother was Alaina and her father was Derolt, both who had to fight when a war began between Umanji and a nearby city named Girtola. They fought valiantly, though were killed in the line of battle. They did not go down in vain though, for they weakened Girtola's strongest people, thus Umanji was victorious. Sorphina was only three-years-old at this time, and was taken into the forest by one of her mothers best friends. Her name is Latora and she is the woman who raised her. Latora was unable to save a lot of belongings that belonged to her parents, but in fact saved Alaina's armor.

Sorphina was taught to be polite, fearless, and to always strive for greatness. She preferred having friends who were boys when she was younger. When she was eighteen, she was given her halberd and shield, and also the armor her mother wore. Latora told Sorphina she was born with a purpose, one that was uncertain at the moment, and that she should practice fighting and magic in the forests and fields with the rest of the select few of Umanji. So, Sorphina diligently practiced her magic and fighting skills, and is now to protect the child emporer.

Sorphina's fighting style is Lovetch. When in combat, Sorphina has several ways to defend herself. Since she is skilled with her halberd, she is able to use it effectively and with grace. She also uses her shield to block different physical attacks, although it is heavy, so it slows her down when she uses it. In addition to halberd skills and use of her shield, she also knows two magic spells. Sorphina's Song is her first spell, and the words she sings are:

"Beautiful like sunlights veil over the tallest mountain, and similar to the joy a tired sprite would feel after enjoying shade under the biggest leaf upon the forest floor... please allow this healing song to help you. May my song bring you comfort and strength!"

While she sings her song of healing, magical light blue sparkles form around her and the allies she intends to heal. Once she finishes, they somewhat slowly disappear, the spell healing her allies some and granting them an attack boost.

Diamond Darts is a powerful spell that begins from Sorphina focusing on her magical ability. About fifty small diamonds made of light blue magical energy appear all around her, and are sent flying toward her enemy upon her demand. The amount of damage is dependent on how many hit her target.

This concept is too western and you didn't mention anything about the current events in the story. This is a Wuxia game, so I only allow strictly Asian elements in this story.

EYQ7S5y.jpg

Name: Seo Ji / Seoji

Nickname: N/A

Alias:
Lorekeeper of the Crimson Mountains / Guardian of the Silver Lake Shrine

Race: Kirin (Qilin)

Role: Loremaster / Summoner

Birthplace:
[Silver Lake, Crimson Mountains, Hongsan Province]
The Crimson Mountains are a range of steep mountains found in the far Western corner of Huayan. It is a temperate region that is covered largely by deciduous in the low-lying valleys, and mountain passes. The name "Crimson Mountains" derives from the shedding red leaves that is commonly seen during fall seasons. The Crimson Mountains is also home to mythological Kirins in Huayan history that generally brought fortune and good harvests for the inhabitants. In return for their blessings and bountiful harvests, the human population would prepare a portion of their harvest as offerings. One of the few shrines that the populace would give their offerings is called the "Silver Lake" where Seo Ji resides.

Hongsan is known for their Red Plum Powder - finely grounded, dried red plums that is used to accompany fruits and vegetable for its sweet, succulent taste.

Height: 4 ft. 6 in. (137 cm)

Weight: 89 lbs. (40 kg)

Hair Color: White

Eye Color: Amber

Skin: Pale complexion that glows pinkish during wintry or scorching weathers.

Physique: Slender adolescent physique.

Written Appearance:
Seoji is a short, slender figure that tends to blend into the background, due to her height. Seoji possesses a pair of gleaming horns that glows in the dark. She has amber eyes with draconian-like pupils that expands at times. Seoji also has a multitude of tails that matches her hair color. This often led to many confusing her for a fox spirit. She is generally seen in her traditional hanbok, of which has seen much work for the last few decades.

Personality:
Seoji is generally perceived as a wise figure by the general populace that worships her. While that is true to a certain extend, the kirin retains a somewhat childish attitude towards those that met her. While well-versed in the arcane arts, having spent most of her life studying the outside world via scrolls and books that was left behind by the shrine's last inhabitants, Seoji is far from wise. Surely, she is one to greet a stranger with courtesies and reservations, but will get quite eccentric when food is involved - particularly plums and apples.

Living away from civilization for most of her life, Seoji retains an awkward approach when it comes to greeting strangers. This ranges from initial sniffing or awkwardly staring at someone for a whole hour. This also furthers her wariness of strangers, and will only align herself if the cause works out for her own needs. A benefactor scholar, and an advocate of personal liberties. However, despite this, she is generally quite friendly towards those that she shares time with. Seoji is a reliable person when it comes to common needs like foraging and lending assistance, for a price.

A distinctive pattern of her speech is generally perceived and picked up on by those that meets her. She generally addresses others as 'brother' or 'sister', as if she was an acolyte.

Background:
Seoji is a renowned shrine guardian that was worshiped and admired by villagers from the outlying settlements beyond the mountain passes. Her acknowledgement came to be when a group of lost villagers failed to find shelter on one rainy night. It was there, in the pitch darkness, that they saw a pair of glowing lights that led them to the mountain pass. Ever since the ordeal, inhabitants of Seoyun would visit the mountain pass and brought their offerings.

For more than a century, Seoji would watch over those that frequent the mountain paths to offer their prayers and gifts. As time went on, the people would learn of her preferences for plums and books, and obliged. Despite her curiosities and intrigues, Seoji has only ever made contact with humans when she attended annual festivals, blending into the crowd.

Gear:
Seoji generally dons a gray hanbok with self-woven sash that can carry a multitude of accessories. She also has a satchel that contains mostly gunpowder and other auxiliary equipment to supply her Dragon Company (see Magic section)

Weapon:
[Annals of Crimson Blossoms]
Seoji's "weapon" is an enchanted, wooden scroll that is imbued with ancient druid arcane. Aside from housing recorded spells, the scroll is able to be taken apart to facilitate complex crafting of new spells and enchantments. The scroll is soul-bound to Seoji and cannot be destroyed by normal means. This makes the scroll both an offensive and defensive type of weapon. However, when casting a complex spell, the scroll's active spells will dwindle significantly, in order to facilitate a new surge of energy.

[Dragon Fists]
Miniature hand cannons for Seoji's Dragon Company. While these warheads appears too small to cause any actual harm, it is imbued with arcane runes that facilitates the management of the user's detonation method (airburst, timed, proximity, etc.), while carrying enough grains of sulfur and saltpeter to incapacitate any opponent. Due to their small size, these missiles can fit through smaller places, furthering its potentials when deployed strategically. Dragon Fists are sometimes used to deploy smokes or simply as flare signals.

Magic:
[Chimera's Blood]
Seoji can shape-shift into a kirin, in order to expedite her movement or facilitate transport for a rider. This ability is usually used for "tactical redirection" - running away.

[The General's Dragon Company]
Seoji is able to summon miniature armored soldiers, that are trained to operate special hand-cannons crafted by Seoji. In addition, the Dragon Company coordination enables them to let out devastating concentrations of high-explosive salvos. Where they lack in size, the Dragon Company make up for in their agility and discipline. Dragon Company are sometimes summoned to help Seoji with mundane tasks, rather than combat. They are versatile for most jobs.

[The Admiral's Miracle]
Seoji can manipulate water to expedite the natural recovery process of any wounds - effectively "healing" the subject. However, this ability does not treat destroyed organs, and will take considerable time to treat severe injuries, all the while reliant on the amount of water at hand.

[The Sage's Curtain]
Seoji can turn her scroll into an interlaced rows of fortified wall that is able to withstand significant attacks.

[The Consort's Strings]
Seoji can telekinetically manipulate any wooden object within a certain vicinity. This spell is mostly used to replenish or empower her Dragon Company's rank.

Fighting Style: N/A

Martial Arts: N/A

Guardian Spirit: N/A

RmEN3u5.jpg

[done, awaiting your review]

This concept is extremely Anime. It looks like you were trying to decide on whether to have a kitsune or a kirin and you're making a hybrid. A multi-tailed kirin is not really a thing unless some modern artist drew a picture that way, so I'd rather the appearance stay traditional to single-tailed. So she has a team that she summons to load and use her hand cannons for her? I read where she fired them herself, and then you mention in one of her magic spells that she summons a team to handle them. I'm looking for the "so what?" In a lot of these CSes people have been sending me, writers have been ignoring the in-game history mentioned in the OP. They will talk a ton about their character, but it means nothing to me if they don't involve the character in the game. My question to you is could you see your character traveling with the emperor around Huayuan? And how did this entire conflict affect her? Because that is the most important question that should have been answered in the background because it is what brings your concept into this story. No one should be sending me a CS where in their background it says the fall of the holy emperor hasn't really affected them and they're traveling with the young emperor just because. Who is in charge of the entire planet is a big deal that effects everyone.

So, when it comes to firearms we're talking match/wheel locks yea? Pew pew...

More like pew

1 minute later

Pew.

Yes. The technology level is mentioned in the OP.

If you still have a spot free I would be interested but I'm more into Wuxia so could I make a character that's 'from China' or whatever it would be called in this RP?

This game is "Wuxia" so please send me Wuxia. It will have a better chance of being accepted because I will not accept anything non-Wuxia.

Wip
WRS-003-2T.jpg

Name: Haruhara Tanaka
Nickname: Haru
Alias: Panther
Race: Human
Role: Shinobi
Birthplace: Born to the Orayama Clan of shinobi who have their namesake village deep in the mountains near the imperial capital. Orayama village officially was known for its sweet red wines once favoured by Huayaun Emperors. Unofficially the Orayama is the home of the Emperors personal private shinobi agents. Since the death of Honghui the village had been attacked and raised to the ground.
Height: 5ft8in
Weight: 50kg
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Blue
Skin: Asian Pale
Physique: Athletic and Slender

Written Appearance: Beautiful and mysterious usually always hidden behind her red mask unless required for her job. Almost robotic in a sense, seemingly never seemingly coming to life unless there is a job to do. She seemingly does not relax standing straight backed, either staring out from high point in quiet contemplation or looking at others around her. Her gaze seemed always probing and analysing when looking at others or thoughtful. Not exactly approachable and neither she seemed to mind being alone.

Personality: Haru is a difficult one to measure. Her role as shinobi and the necessities of her roles makes her a capable actress, changing her manner and personality to suit the needs of her situation. In fighting gear she is stoic and taciturn speaking little beyond the necessities of the mission. As a gheisha she can be sweat and demure, as courtesan can flirt and sly and so on. What is known for sure is cunning and manipulative therefore not to be fully trusted. What is to be trusted is that she is loyal to the young emperor and would do anything to end the threat that is coming from them. What is the true Haru and whether she is worth someone digging deep to see? It I'd for one to find out.

Background: Shinobi, master of stealth and disguise, are a controversial open dirty secret of imperial life. Officially shinobi are despised for there dishonorable methods, being mercenaries, and the general association with darkness, dishonesty assassinations and scare tactics. Still thought officially despised there are few nobles in the land who havent used a local clan of shinobi for their own ends whether for assassinations or intelligence gathering. Despite the reputation, Shinobi never renege on a contract when hired and fiercely loyal to those that hired them. When captured, Shinobi either fight to the death or take their own life.

One such example of sacrifice is Toru Tanaka, leader of Clan Orayama and Haru's father. He and his clan fought in the shadows for the Emperor during Ichirou uprising even when clans like his where falsely accused of being on the side of the evil Oni. It was said that the subterfuge was what helped Honghui get as far as he did in his fight for evil. Toru also was also one of the first to sacrifice himself for the young heir and his mother. Haru was one of the handful of survivors of the clan carrying on their service to the new young empire at whatever cost.

Gear: Changes clothing to suit the necessities for her mission whether it is a peasant, geisha or courtesan. For combat situations and stealth, she has a light set of armour designed to give her maximum movement over protection (see picture). Otherwise, she carries a few gadgets for her work, including smoke bombs and fire crackers.

Weapon:
  • Ninjato
  • Shurikan
  • Hidden dagger
Magic: Though some of Haru feats may seem magical in nature, such as disappearing without a trace. These are simply both of skill and misdirection. Though there are techniques Haru can learn, she had only been trained in martial abilities and the magical techniques were lost with the fall of her father and village.

Martial Arts: The Way of The Single Cut is a method of avoiding prolonged fight with your opponent. Indirectly weaken your opponent, preferably indirectly, so when you strike you need only strike once to fell an opponent. This requires as much precision strikes as trickery and misdirection. A practitioner needs to strike where necessary to cause a fatal or incapacitated blow as required. Thought some extended fights are sometimes necessary and acceptable it is always more advised to disengage at such exchanges and live to fight another day. In prolonged fights, combative is defensive either waiting for a mistake or causing opening through misdirection. The main tenants of the way of the Single Cut and motto of the Clan Orayama is "Eagle's sight, Panther's prowl, Fox's cunning." A ninja of the clan and follower of the single cut is learned mantra by heart and taught to demonstrates these traits of the animals.

-Eagles sight: encourages situational awareness and know your enemy
Getting a birds eye view whenever you can. It is also using such height advantage to your benefit as position to manipulate the enemy. In a straight up fight, keep your distance to give maximum time to react and force the opent to act. See the opponents method of fighting and attack accordingly at their weakest.

-Panthers prowl: do not search for a fight, a ninja takes his time picking their target carefully from safe hidden position. It is also about using fear, strike hard and fast and return to stealth leaving only a fallen comrade of the enemy behind as warning that their next and they wont see it coming. In straight, maintain control and be unpredictable to keep the opponent on the back foot.

-Fox's cunning- when usually you are one against many creativity is key to survival. When there is no opening, make one when you can. Use tools like firecrackers to isolate a targets. Fight smart and hit them when your dont expect him. Fain attacks to expose a vulnerability to the opponents guard and strike with a hidden weapon.

Guardian Spirit: Alias namesake and symbol of her clan a black panther. The stealthy and powerful hunter but also stands for valour and determination as well as protection. Panther mothers guard their youngs fiercely when under their charge,

You have used so far 3 technique slots out of 5 you are allowed. You have two more. Do you plan to use them? Because there will be opportunities where you will acquire more technique slots in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back