• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Tales of Raeligard

1667717996413.png

interaction: AnonyMouse AnonyMouse
Risax looked over the job board and couldn’t help but smile and chuckle, it was hauling cargo from here to there just like What he’d have done if he remained with his father and what he’d done as a younger version of himself it was honestly rather amusing at least to him. “Oh yes was thinking as much falco we do make a fairly good team at least in term of sense, thought I do find it funny that E-rank has permitted me to do exactly what my life would have been without the guild” he commented with a small chuckle. “I’m sure they won’t … kill one another without us around... hopefully…” he’d add worried about the snake and the wolf those two had been troublesome but hyss did save him so he was hopeful that she’d manage better with a partner then a whole team.

“ooh slaying a dragon.. then bring back its scales for 5 blacksmiths and along the way burn down a bandit camp for extra money yes?” Risax responded jovially to falco listing off the many fanciful idea of what they could be doing he thought he might as well join in too. “Thought let’s avoid forests for now frankly iv had my fill of the great out doors for a while… and cats“

1679061250173.png
Interaction: AnonyMouse AnonyMouse (Cephilia)
"Very well, Miss Cephilia. Thank you once again for your kind work. I will do well to live up to your expectations." Talio was honestly surprised with how things have turned out with her, given their initial interaction was..less than friendly. But he couldn't help but ask her one more question. Even if it would risk sounding insolent, he knew had to take the risk. "Miss Cephilia..I have one question. I apologize for my insolence in advance..." Talio's hands fiddle a bit before clearing his throat, finally finding the courage to ask the question. "Have you ever considered taking on an apprentice for your work? If so, what type of prerequisites would you expect from them?" Talio didn't want to ask her directly if he could become her apprentice but instead focus on whether such a thing was available at all for anyone in the guild.

"Apprentice...?" Cephilia said, testing how the word sounded when uttered in her own voice. She found the taste of it... unpleasant.

Apprentices were for wrinkled old men with beards that hung to their toes. Apprentices were for haughty 'geniuses' who haunted the halls of prestigious institutes and academies with their noses pointed to the stars. While she was nowhere near as welcoming as someone like Vivienne, she had trained quite a few adventurers, taught them spells and mentored them on the proper set up of their arcanizer or maintenance of certain commonplace manatech tools. She had even let the a-word slip a handful of times when referring to Rena, but that girl's role was closer to 'assistant' than anything else.

An apprenticeship was markedly more serious than that and not a bond to be created lightly or broken easily. To become her apprentice meant ot carry on her legacy and, to be quite frank, she wasn't even sure what her legacy was yet. And I still have plenty of time to figure that out... do I not? That word conjured many, many unpleasant thoughts.

And so, the Clockwork Witch did something she does not often do: she avoided the issue. For one so well-known for her stubbornness and decisive actions, she now chose to retreat from choosing a side.

"I... will think on it," she said, though her face probably said otherwise. She wanted to say 'no,' but knew her reasons for wanting to do so were cowardly, and her pride wouldn't allow her to show cowardice in the face of a stranger. For that is what he truly was. A well-intentioned stranger, but a stranger nonetheless. Until she had a clearer idea of what her legacy truly was or should be, the last thing she would do is risk having it intertwined with the destiny of another.

Because she still foolishly believed that she could disengage, if ever these connections became a liability.

"Giving new adventurers the tools to pursue their dreams is quite different from co-opting them into my own," she said, as much to herself as to him, before repeating one last time: "I will think on it," with more fervor this time. "In the meantime, I will be watching you, Talio Ferromanus."

Interaction(s): TreasureSniper TreasureSniper (Talio)

Last edited:
lolispearmen.jpg
Current Location: Tylsen, The Rusted Cudgel

"Believe me...If I've learned anything thus far, it's that this world is far bigger than I could have ever anticipated," Cressey responds, having to practically amble herself over thick patches of grass that stood taller than her own head, and only seemed to grow denser and denser as the two waded on, disturbing wild, flying vermin and thick plumes of fresh, spring pollen.
With a slight sigh, she adds, "...Sometimes a might too big. It's a bit overwhelming how much is out there."
Looking back to her map with a furrowed brow, she sternly concludes, "...And while I appreciate the words of wisdom, I believe, at least for the moment, that the best place for me to get what I'm looking for is here, and I've no intention of stopping anytime soon."
"And I've no intention of ever going back either..." she breathes to herself, just out of the birdkin's earshot.
"That aside, as fascinating of a person as you are, Lori..." Cressey begins, a troubled look in her eyes as she glanced up to her companion,
"...I find these talks of philosophy to be droll and longwinded. It's why, at times, I can only stand to tolerate Thea's company in small doses."
Fortunately, however, Cressey's next step forward found purchase on clear, flat ground, with nary a root or stem left to crush underfoot, leaving the two in a small clearing of worked clay earth and dirt cut directly in the center of the forest, the clear, unnatural work of whatever man had made this place their home.
"Well...this seems to be the place..." Cressey comments, checking over the map once more to be certain, before looking once more in confusion at the shoddy excuse for a building that stood before her.
"I suppose we should just drop the package in front of their home?"
Crossing her arms across her chest in disapproval, she sharply critiques, "...If you can even call this a 'home'. It looks more like an untidy pile of dung and grass!"

"You think so~? The woods are too young to cut down for wood this time of year, and there hasn't been enough rainwater to gather to make suitable concrete~."
An unfamiliar, feminine voice, dreamy, almost casual in it's countenance replied suddenly from behind the two guildmates.
"Mmm...Those are understandable issues, but surely you can afford better than---BWUH!?"
Caught unawares, Cressey whirled around to face the unexpected new arrival, lance held to her side at the ready.
She hadn't heard so much as the snap of a displaced twig in the entire time that they had been traveling, and surely Lori's keen eyes would have spotted anything stalking through the grass, yet somehow, this mysterious newcomer managed to get the drop on both of them.

Her head appeared first, breaching through the tufts of grass, a scarred, tan face, tired green eyes the shade of mistletoe, and a gentle, forlorn smile, framed with long, unkempt white hair and a pair of antlers, one of which was shorn short.
The rest of her body came after, as she rose to stand at her full height, towering over Cressey and Lori.
Even Vivian would seem small, compared to her graceful, towering gait.
She wore a tattered emerald cloak, which obscured most of her body, which was clad in a simple white shift, and a pair of brown leggings and boots.
Her only visible arm held a fishing rod across her shoulder, fashioned from a long, thick branch, likely gathered from one of the nearby trees.
A rather large fish dangled lifelessly from it's hook, so freshly caught, that it was still sheen, and dripping with water from the river.
Deer.jpg
The old huntress smiled warmly at the pair.
"I suppose you must both be from the guild~?" she asked, walking past them with little-to-no mind heeded, making her way to place her fishing rod against the tanning rack.
As she crossed by, Cressey managed to catch a glimpse beneath the woman's cowl, confirming something that she had suspected; the woman's other sleeve was tied short at the elbow, leaving her other arm nowhere to be found.
Though the missing limb seemed to bother her little, as she effortlessly decoupled the fish from it's hook with her only remaining hand.
Judging from the way she so effortlessly avoid detection, and the scars that she bore, there was no other conclusion that Cressey could feasibly make;
This woman was no ordinary hunter.
"Ah~ But where are my manners~?" the huntress chuckled, taking her catch, and hanging it to dry, before sitting herself down at a makeshift chair, fashioned from an old treestump, before which a small firepit had been dug and filled with lit kindling. A small iron kettle hanging suspended above the roaring flame, whistling with steam.
"My name is Eulalia~, and I'm sure you both must have walked a long way to get here~. Come, sit, and we can all share a nice cup of freshly brewed tea~."
Interacting:
ERode ERode (Lori)

Time: 3 / 16 / 422AC, Noon (Four Days Later)

"I'll take that one... that one... the two over there... and two of those," Falco said, thoughtfully rubbing his chin as he surveyed the blacksmith's wares. He pointed at each knife as he selected the ones he felt would best suit his needs. None were high quality. Quite the opposite, actually.

The man behind the counter wrinkled his bushy brows, but did as asked. "Didn't I see you yesterday? There some reason yer buyin' up all my throwaways, kid?" He asked as he laid the chosen knives on the countertop. Some had a slight bend in the blade. Another had a hairline fracture, nearly invisible to the naked eye. A proud smith would never let these see the light of day. But this man was no master craftsman; just an apprentice trying to put food on the table.

"I learned a new spell," Falco said, brimming with pride as he slipped his badge and arcanizer from his shirt for the man to see, "from Cephilia Valdergeuse," he practically glowed, "and it's kind of hard on my equipment, so... you know how it is."

Unfortunately, despite Falco's glowing endorsement, the man's visage soured the moment he laid eyes on the badge. A low groan escaped his lips upon hearing mention of a 'spell.' By the time the Clockwork Witch's name reached his ears, his eyes had narrowed upon the boy. "That so?" he grunted. "They still lettin' you kids play around with them stones, after what happened to Krafen?"

The typically quick-witted young rascal was struck silent. This shit again... he thought as his smile vanished and a small sigh escaped his lips. "C'mon, man, don't believe everything you hear-"

"Two silvers... each," the man said, extending his open palm.

"Each!? It was less than half that yesterday! You're kiddin,' right?"

But the open palm did not flinch. Its calloused surface demanded payment. "Times are changin.' Arming Kriegs may not be such a good idea, at least 'til things cool off." He grinned. "And bad ideas cost extra."

"Tch... Ya know what, screw this-" Falco said as he thrust his hands into his jacket. The man recoiled, probably thinking this was about to turn into an armed robbery. But, instead, the boy dumped the four knives he had bought yesterday on the countertop. Their blades were mangled, melted, and discolored by intense heat. "Keep 'em. Chargin' two shiners for some pig iron you banged up in the dark with both eyes closed is what I call a 'bad idea," he said as he wrung his hands and stomped out the door. "Jackass..." Falco muttered under his breath as he charged into the streets.

Krafen. Krafen. Krafen. Everybody seemed to have something to say about motherfucking Krafen, except the people in charge! Cephilia wouldn't tell him anything. Nor Viv. Even Sen got cagey and evasive when he tried to bring it up. And Arien was the same poker-faced Arien. A guild branch was gone --GONE-- and, in the absence of truth, people could and would say whatever the hell they wanted. The swirling miasma of rumors was starting to get out of hand. No one knew what was going on, so they resorted to inserting their own versions of reality.

He knew he should have handled that better. For the guild's sake, he couldn't afford to lose his cool like that. Anger only made himself, and the guild, look weak... at a time when people were already starting to think they are. But the man's twisted grin and self-assured attitude really got under his skin...

Fortunately, the sunlight on his face brought Falco's temper down a few notches. The clear blue skies and the white ribbons of clouds riding the gentle breeze urged him to smile. He had to smile, no matter what. A bad attitude is a waste of a good day. There were other shops he could go to, with more reasonable staff. But first, he made his way to the guild hall. He could do his shopping later and his training another day. Right now, he needed more quests. And that's what the town needed, too. Help people. Be seen helping people. Show Tylsen they still need Kriegslowe and Kriegslowe is still capable of delivering.

Falco navigated the bustling market square, using the clocktower as his guiding light until, at last, he arrived affront the guild hall's imposing facade. Talio's wagon was parked there, as it often was, but the metal-armed Valgemian wasn't present to hawk his wares. Perhaps he was off adventuring or training or simply taking a lunch break. It was about time for a meal anyhow.

But work must come first. Falco strolled by the merchant's carriage and pushed through the guild hall's thick, sturdy doors. Once inside, he saw the greatroom was as lively as ever, but... were there less adventurers than usual, or was he imagining things? Falco was about to approach the job board when a familiar voice hailed him:

"Falion Cauphix.", Arien said. The B-Ranked adventurer was standing near the receptionist's desk and hailed Falco with a small wave. "Good afternoon. I hope your day is going well.", he said as he reached behind the counter and retrieved what appeared to be an instrument case, such as what might contain a violin or guitar. Falco's eyes lit up. "Some gentlemen from Oyten stopped by this morning.", Arien explained. "They sent their regards and said this is for you."

"Ooooo, it finally came!" Falco squealed as he accepted his gift. His encounter with the blacksmith was immediately forgotten. And then, in a moment of clarity, he suddenly remembered who he was and promptly hid his glee. Falco said, in a cool, calm tone, "Ahem... I mean, of course it came. As expected."

"I had no idea you were a musician," Arien commented, pretending he did not notice the young man's giddy behavior a moment ago.

"Nah, but I had one a while back and kinda miss it.", Falco said as he opened the case and his face lit up once more, as if it were full of pure gold. "I mean, I didn't have one... it was somebody else's... he sort of left it behind... I-I didn't steal it or nothin!' But if it's there, I may as well... you know... play it, right...?" He ceased his inane rambling and shut the case, extinguishing the heavenly glow from within. He slung it over his shoulder and looked to Arien. "I just figured it's somethin' to do on long trips... Like, when our next big job comes up... Like, to Krafen, maybe?"

Sadly, Arien's poker face betrayed nothing. "This also arrived for Thea Schuerer," he said as he revealed a small box. "If you see her, would you be so kind as to let her know it's waiting for her here?"

"I'll do ya one better and deliver it myself!" Falco declared with a mischievous glint in his eyes before swiping Thea's gift from Arien's open palm. "Lori ain't the only one who can do same day deliveries at... same day rates... or whatever it is she says."

"As you wish. I trust you will get it to her safely," Arien chuckled, relenting far too easily. "Speaking of Lori, I have a meeting with her and some of the others shortly. I suggest you grab some E-Rank quests while you still can," he said, gesturing to the job board. "You will have some competition soon. Good day, Falion."

With that, the veteran adventurer departed, headed for one of the backrooms. Falco frowned the moment the man's back was turned. A small corner of his monkey brain knew Arien was more than capable of dodging even the swiftest of pickpockets. He let me take it, so he can be rid of me, Falco thought. Damn, these guys are slick. Fine, two can play that game...

Slightly disappointed, but not deterred, Falco departed the guild hall with his newly-acquired lute slung over his shoulder and Thea's gift cradled under his arm. As he emerged into the bustling streets, he found the scene outside hadn't changed much. Talio's cart was still as it had been, only now there was a potential customer standing near it. A statuesque woman, clad in a long black dress was scrutinizing the carriage, as if considering making a purchase... or filing a complaint with the local authorities. She reeked of wealth and such people didn't typically buy from 'street vendors,' so Falco was immediately on guard, even as his gaze fixated on her hourglass figure. Long, dark hair spilled from beneath her wide-brimmed hat, all the way down her back, where the tip of a feline tail peeked from beneath the silken black strands, swaying left to right like a hypnotic metronome.

Nope! Nope! Nope! Keep walking! Falco told himself as he peeled his eyes from her curves and gave this creature a wide berth, as if he were sneaking by a sleeping dragon. Beastgirls and beastwomen were always bad news. Thank Aurelia her back was turned! He tightened his grip on Thea's gift, as a reminder of his true purpose. All he had to do was keep moving. Almost there, just a little further...

"Excuse me, young man," she said, suddenly turning to face him. Her movements were swift, precise, targeted. Her eyes met his instantly, and held his gaze, capturing him. Every muscle in his body froze as she smiled at him as if they were old friends --soulmates even. "Are you, perchance... an adventurer?" she asked in a sultry tone as the corners of her lips curled into a devilish smirk.

"N-nope!" he chirped, before his brain could catch up. "I-I-I mean... maaaaybe? Depends whose asking."

"Hmm, I was not aware it was something one could simply turn off at will," she said with a small gasp of mock horror.

Falco shifted slightly from one foot to the other. "Who's asking?"

"A friend," she said with a coy tilt of her head.

His eyes narrowed. He took a small step back, to get a proper measure of her. His focus remained unshaken, even as she folded her arms across her impressive chest. He now noticed the small, round black trinket nestled in the shadowy crevasse of her cleavage, behind a layer of sheer material. An arcanizer? Hmmm. She certainly had the air of nobility. That and her height advantage which made him feel as if she was talking down to him, both literally and figuratively. While Arcanizers and the stones which fuel them aren't exactly cheap, they were not something to be worn as a high-class fashion piece... yet here one was, plain as day. Mind: boggled.

"You like it?" she said and his eyes snapped up to meet hers. "It's a custom piece. The casing is made of diamond-cut obsidian. The inner workings, Valgemian mythril, alloyed with gold." As she spoke, she gesticulated. A subtle turn of her wrist transitioned into a slight wriggle of her fingers, which blended into one palm encircling the other, like the mating dance of a strange fish. Each graceful movement flowed into the next, bathed in a pale blue glow from her arcanizer, until, before he knew what had happened, she held a rose made of ice pinched betwixt her slender fingers. "Take it," she said with a smile, as she extended the offering to him.

"Magic... without an incantation?" Falco whispered in disbelief.

She wagged a finger at him. "Spoken incantations are so pedestrian. Love is the only language I need," she said with a wink.

And yet, you talk a lot, he thought. That little ice rose wasn't half as flowery as her words. And the bit of sleight-of-hand didn't get by him either. He felt the urge to check if his coinpurse remained intact, but chose to give her the benefit of the doubt instead. Whatever she's after, it's not petty theft. "Are you an adventurer, too?" he asked instead.

"You flatter me, darling, but I am as obviously not as you obviously are," she said with a small, girlish giggle as she tucked the ice rose into the brim of her hat. "Pray tell, what rank might you be? You have such an imposing aura. Let me guess..." She thumbed her cheek. "I sense a big 'D' energy about you."

"E," Falco muttered. Nah, he wasn't going to take the bait.

"And so young. Newly promoted, I presume?"

"You sure 'presume' a lot..."

"What's a little presumption amongst friends, hmm? I'm looking to hire."

"Then you should look inside. Plenty of adventurers there," Falco said, jabbing his thumb at the guild hall behind him.

"I prefer a more intimate arrangement."

"Then you should speak with the guildmaster. I'm sure she can arrange something."

She sighed. "Young man, the board is set. I have come to gather the pieces. I see no reason to involve that oafish woman in my affairs," she said, meeting his gaze before lowering her voice to a whisper as she slightly stooped to his level. "Are you in... or are you out?"

"Hmmm..." Falco said, momentarily averting his eyes. "I'm in," he whispered, with a sly grin. "As in, I want to be in the room when that 'oafish woman' turns your scheming ass into a frog." He shooed her away. "I don't know what you're after, but you're barking up the wrong tree, Cat Lady."

But, to his surprise, she laughed. And not the phony, 'trying to save face' laugh he expected from an insulted aristocrat. She was genuinely amused. "She... she still says that? The frog thing. And you actually believe her?" the woman said as she caught her breath. She composed herself and the posh facade returned, though marginally less so. Her feline tail was quite animated now. "And she's in charge now, not the crazy chick with the sword? Oh, yes, this is interesting. Very interesting.... Makes things so much easier."

Falco began to slowly back away, feeling as if he had tipped some cosmic scale he did not even know existed and must vacate ground zero before reality implodes upon itself. But, he halted when she placed her hand on his shoulder, soft yet heavy with purpose. She had more rings than fingers and, he noted, none were wedding bands.

"I... really gotta go," he said, clutching Thea's gift.

"Yes, of course. I will leave you be, young man, as it seems my jests have gotten you rather out-of-sorts and that was not my intention at all," she said, in the soothing tone of a concerned parental figure, as an apologetic smile dimpled her rosy cheeks. Although her true intent was difficult to read, this appeared to be the most genuine thing she said in this entire bizarre exchange. "Thank you for being such a good sport. I am sure we will meet again. In the meantime, I will see what else is new in this town."

Good Sport? Tch... he was one more backhanded remark away from telling her to go fuck herself. "Riiight... you go do that," he said as she released him. As he watched the woman depart, he was of half a mind to ask her name but was sure that would only lead into another social cesspool. Better to quit while he's... ahead?

With a small sigh, Falco turned the other way and began to walk, eager to put some distance between them, though he was sure, they would meet again. I wonder if Thea's at her house or what? he wondered, beginning to question if his choice to deliver this was such a good idea. He had never been to her new residence, despite knowing where it was, and was eager to see it. But the knight didn't seem like the type to idle around her home in the middle of the day. Then again, Tylsen isn't such a big town; they may run into one another.

Objectives ** Talio, Lori, Endymion: report to the guild hall for a meeting with Arien

** All Others: continue training / questing / interaction

** React to the Krafen rumors (optional)

** Interact with the strange woman (optional)

Interaction(s): Reinhardt Reinhardt (Arien)
Mentions: lunar_moth lunar_moth (Endymion) / Silver Wolf Silver Wolf (Lupa) / TreasureSniper TreasureSniper (Talio) / ERode ERode (Lori)
Tags: RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun (Thea) / EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen (Lucia) / Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko (Hyss) / Topless Topless (Sakura) / Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 (Risax) / King Crimson King Crimson (Cressey)

Hysydice "Hyss" Maliss
hyss-banner2-png.999406

Currently: Talking to mysterious cat woman
Thinking: "What's she want? Oooo~! I'm eager to hear!"

Interacting: Reinhardt Reinhardt AnonyMouse AnonyMouse

"Hmm..mm..mm.." the snake murmured thoughtfully, having watched the interaction from her perch. After a time, the tall cat lady went one way, and Falion the other. Hyss dropped from her perch, landing on the road between the two departing people. She glanced once towards the departing woman, and then in the direction of Falion. He was fun to observe, and not for reasons he'd like to admit. But her observational skills told her the lady wanted something. With the way she had been lingering outside the guild. She had earnestly spoken to Falion. To no avail.

For the past few days, Hyss had been doing some minor odd jobs here or there. Nothing too pressing, like cleaning this or that, or helping someone with deliveries, even if that was the bird's area of specialty. Then in her free time, she had spent practicing the new spells she had got, and perfecting a new combat move to help when she was in over her head in a 1v1. So far, that hadn't necessarily been the case, but better safe than sorry for the future, right?

She was feeling a bit burnt out from all the minor missions though. So, she took a final bite of her morning pastry, then slipped her mask up and chewed, while turning in the direction of the departing woman. On swift legs, she quickly caught up. From beneath her hood, Hyss spoke up to the woman, "Hello, miss. A moment ago, I believe you were speaking to my colleague. Might I ask, what it was about?" Her curiosity had been piqued. For whatever reason Falion hadn't taken whatever bait this was, but Hyss was curious enough that she pushed back any concerned thoughts. Oh, she was slightly worried, that's just who she was, but Hyss also lived in a miasma of confidence in one's own abilities. She didn't think this cat lady was particularly dangerous.. yet, anyway.

"You seemed to really... fluster him," Hyss allowed herself to say. "You'll find I'm made of sturdier stuff." As she said that, she lifted her head, so the woman could now look directly at her face. "So what was it?"

Last edited:
Thea Schuerer

~~~
True to Falco's assumption, the Knight was indeed not at the home, or rather she had just left. Having spent her morning hours training and helping out with some long put off tasks at the farm. Chiefly with moving materials or beating metal into shape, though while not bulky, the armored knight was more than a bit toned beneath her conservative clothing and no stranger to such work. In return she was given some food products which would last her for a bit, while coin was nice, Thea was not so mercenary to demand payment in coin from all for everything she did.

That being said, she did need to make coin and she was wanting to get some simple furnishing items while she was at it, a table and chair, bed, and some stuff for storage. Nothing too fancy nor ornate, and of course more work to save up to pay for all of this and other things aside. As Falco headed away from the guild, Thea headed towards it down the central thoroughfare, catching sight of him in the distance, at first, she thought of passing him by, but he seemed a bit troubled.

I should not just ignore his plight, all else I planned for today was training after a simple job, I can put off my shopping.

"Ho there, Falco!" She calls out, standing even level or above most others in the street, though it was not as if her armor and accessories didn't give her away even more. Walking closer to him, once she had his attention, she shifted her face, looking back down towards the guild. From where she was, she could only make out people passing, what looked like Hyss and another tailed woman in the distance, clothed in black, too far to see clearly, much less to hear. "You seem to have had seen better days, not those rumors spreading around I hope?" Though they had recently started, the situation around Krafen was making the rounds. From how it all sounded, Thea had never approached the leaders, but she suspected what had happened was no accident and that those whom they had stopped were part of an operation to do the same here.

Interactions: Falco AnonyMouse AnonyMouse Others welcomed to jump onto this.

Celandine-5.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Another day, another opportunity to make good business. While his training with Thea yesterday had left him bruised all around his body, he was nonetheless thankful for her…lessons. From that little interaction alone, he had learned so much already. Perhaps he could do something similar for each and every member of the people he had met recently. The merchant silently smiled to himself as packed his wagon up for the day and began to heading back towards the guild building.

The merchant knew due to his upbringing and own experience, his mindset and viewpoints tended to narrow and biased, so he very much welcomed the input of his peers. And right as he pondered at such thoughts, he would see a familiar elf. “Ah Ms. Lucia, I thought it was you. There aren’t many elves around these parts with such prominent features.” He was of course referring to her signature eye patch. “How goes your morning? Anything exciting to share?” Elves supposedly tell the best stories, at least that his mom used to tell him.

As Lucia exited the guild doors, she caught sight of the wagon and the man atop it. She let out a bemused huff at his comments. “I’ll presume you speak of features a lady would more appreciate being spoken of than the obvious, less I have to take you aside and provide lectures.” At least, he wouldn’t be the only one in that class, a certain snake beastkin would benefit from understanding of how society functioned.

Stepping forward with a hand on her hip, she had a bag in tow. “Well, I’ve found reasonable shelter in the city that isn’t mooching off the guild barracks. I find that to be rather exciting, even if the building itself isn’t all that spectacular,” She replied, nodding to him. “And you? Just returned from peddling your wares or yet to begin?”

"You presume, correctly, Miss Lucia." Perhaps the eye patch was a sore spot for her. It would be best for him to avoid the topic for now.

"I've finished for the day. Just moving everything back for now. Today was a bit of slow day for me, but you know things have their ups and downs." He explained to her, while folding back one of the extended roofing.

"Hmm ah I see. Thea has told me a similar story. It seems everyone of you is able to afford their own place to stay now. How would have thought being a Kriegslowen was so lucrative. Regardless, congratulations on your achievement." Perhaps being able to afford your own housing was not as rare as it seemed over here. "I myself have been living in the wagon for a while now. It's not the same as having your own building per say, definitely not as spacious but it serves its purpose." Talio's wagon wasn't the most comfortable living space, but it served it functions.

"Oh yes I recalled you said you might be interested in some of my wares." As always, he would recall conversations from earlier with great clarity. "Some cleaning products perhaps? Or maybe some scented soap?" She looked like person that cared a lot about smelling nice.

“Tis nothing extravagant. It lies toward the noble district and clock tower. Mainly, the units are inhabited by retirees and elderly. However, it’s clean, I have my own bath, and I do not have to worry for leaving it unattended and locked,” Lucia replied, making known that it wasn’t some manor by any means. “You entered the guild after myself, yes? You should be able to acquire something affordable without too much time passing.”

Pausing as she stepped to his wagon, Lucia glanced at its covers. “I can’t spare too much after having acquired dwelling, but yes, some soap would do fine,” She agreed, thinking on his presents the other day. “What fashion of merchant are you? I recall you crafted a clock as well, and you obviously sell soap and other hygienic products.”

"Noble district huh. You seem like a person that would fit right in." Talio had noticed that this elf had the mannerisms of a noble born, or at least they were pretty similar to the ones he had dealt with back home. "I would hope so. The wagon is sufficient, but every now and then I would prefer a place with better amenities." The wagon had its limits, even if it was cost efficient.

"Well, to put it simply, I sell all sorts of things, be it maintenance items or survival gear. I mostly import these goods from back home and sell them here." He was a retailer mainly focusing on items that are used in day to day life, whether it be fixing adventurer gear or household objects. Though he has been told that his wagon lacked focus and cohesion with the types of items he sells. "As for the clocks, I'm also an amateur artificer. I originally wanted to sell them, but truth be told it was an impossible endeavour. " He remembered how troublesome they were to sell off due to the nature of their construction. "While the materials to make them are relatively cheap, each of them are time sinks. For me to make any profit at all, I would need to sell them at a high price. However, due to their non-refined exterior, most people would prefer to buy a standard clock." Talio paused for a moment before realising that he was rambling.

"My point is. They work better as gifts than merchandise. I craft things in my free time but…I'm not good enough just yet to sell them at a reasonable price." Talio cleared his throat before refocusing his conversation back to his wares. "Anyways, I mostly have floral scented soap. Worry not about the price. I'm sure we can work something out." He handed her a brick of soap. This one smelled like a flower only found on Valgem. The scent wasn't too strong but it was easily recognizable and pleasant. "Made from a Valgem flower. My personal favorite." It reminded him of home.

Toward the noble district, not in it,” Lucia corrected. It lied outside and was partially used as servant quarters for those that actually lived in the district. Even then, it stretched her purse thin.

She hummed, taking the soap. “A general merchant then,” She mused before giving the block a smell test and smiling contently at the pleasant scent. “I see your point. What would you take as payment then?”

"Hmm hope a good tale about yourself? My mother often said that elves told the best stories. I am sure I am not the first person to ask you about the obvious." Once again his curiosity was on the eye patch. "Trading tales is good enough for me." Talio smiled, hoping that she would entertain his request.

Lucia's smile dipped slightly at that. “Perhaps words of wisdom instead. A lady is entitled to her secrets,” She replied. “I am aware some wear their scars as badges with stories to accompany them. Rather, I prefer to speak on my trophies and accomplishments.”

"Alright then." Talio was slightly disappointed but nonetheless understood her sentiment. "In that case, take it as a gift and an apology for my faux pas.' Perhaps had grown accustomed to being too open to people forgetting that not everyone shared such a view. "I am curious though, what sort of task did you do on your first job as a Kriegslowen? Did it also have some sort of unaccounted danger attached to it?" Considering a warehouse inspection quickly escalated to a clash with trained mercenaries, he wondered if they too had a similar situation.

“You should receive something for it…” Lucia insisted before he questioned her on their first mission. She made a sound of displeasure at the recollection of it. “Yes, though unaccounted for is an understatement. We were sent into the sewer to slew rodents as a sort of hazing or ego-check. Unfortunately, or fortunately, there was actual importance there in the form of bandits. While their purpose for being there is unknown, certainly they didn’t choose to reside there for entertainment.”

"Hmm pest control. Not the worst job to have as long as you have the right tools and equipment." Talio was no stranger to getting his hands dirty, one way or the other. "Bandits too huh? I am starting to think this land has a bandit problem. I had a run in with a small group on my journey here as well. Fortunately they were not very skilled or smart. One of them even had a bounty." He remembered that nearly got himself killed in that specific encounter as well. "Were they perhaps using the sewers as a smuggling route of some sorts?" Talio asked if there were definitive answers to said investigation.

Lucia deadpanned. “We did not, and considering it was in the sewers, I would argue it is,” The elf retorted, a hand on her hip. “Bandits or mercenaries. Their leader was some assassin of some infamy. He was slain by my compatriots, however. I never encountered him myself. Though, yes, something does seem awry. I do not believe it has always been like this, however.” Thinking on his proposal, she hummed in thought, but ultimately shook her head. “I do not think so. As I said, they were based down there rather than moving through it. Some were taken prisoner, though I have not been relayed as to what, if anything, they have disclosed.”

"First it was bandits and now it's some infamous assassin? Now that is an impressive first mission. No wonder they you guys were promoted so soon." He recalled seeing them receive their new zauberites from Miss cephilia. "Perhaps the guild already has some leading theories? But we are not privy to such information, at least not yet." Talio had similar suspicions about his own incident, but only time will tell if he was right. "Anyways, that's a story for another time. Honestly, don't worry too much about the cost. They aren't exactly selling like hot cakes. Just take it as me investing into your goodwill." Profit was important to the merchant, but at the same time, based on his first mission alone, he recognized just how important it was to have reliable teammates. "Though if you really wanna give me something in return…you got any useful techniques you could teach me?" It was worth a shot, if nothing else it was an excuse to see her on a regular basis.

"Of some infamy. If he were that infamous, I imagine he would have succeeded," Lucia replied. Not to insult the standard of her allies, but they were all rookies at that point, more or less. "We are not privy to much it seems," She added, remarking on the numerous oddities that have not been expanded upon.

Humming at his next request, the elf tilted her head a bit in thought. "I suppose… Are you a pugilist?"

“Well…I can’t say I am. In fact, I wouldn’t say I am an experience swordsman either.” While he has been somewhat trained, he is very much still an amatuer and relied on the brute force of his arm and subterfuge of his other tools. “I’ve gotten into fist fights and have mean left hook. But thats about it..” The memory of him using his arm to gain an advantage over bandits still remained clear as day in his mind. “So I assume you’re pugilist then? Not the most elegant form of combat, but just as effective. Especially when you can get up close and personal.” Just by looking at the elf girl alone, it was difficult to tell that she was capable of such violence. But then again, that would explain extra muscle mass on her arms.

Lucia hummed at that, eyeing him up and down. His build was fair, but it was foolish to rely on that. She was proud of her technique, but while prideful was smart enough not to challenge someone like Thea or Sen in strength.

"Inelegant you say? How little you know…" She answered with a smirk. "I am no drunkard brawler. I utilise technique. That is where the elegance arises from. Every step measured and strike precise; has your mother not told you that of the elves?"

“My apologies for my poor choice of words. Unfortunately, there aren’t many that many stories about elves fighting with their fist. It seems that they tend to favor bows and swords. At least, those the ones that I’ve read about…” He could see that girl was already sizing him up, which he found rather interesting. “Well then…how about a bit of a demonstration. Just short round of good old fisticuffs. Surely you’re not afraid to spar with a crippled merchant? I’ll give you the usual deal I give to some of my more adventurous customers. If you win, you get those goods for free, if you lose you pay the cost price. Either way, it still a bargain for you. So whadaya say?” Thea was a competent fighter, will this elf prove to be the same?

Lucia chuckled a bit at that. "I am not offended by any means, though that observation is mostly true," She remarked with a cocky laugh. "Afraid? Of hurting you, perhaps. If you insist, that sounds fine. Where do you propose this takes place, less you wish to do so here in front of the hall."

“Excellent. Very well Miss Lucia. We shall have a brief spar in the training area. I’ll see you there in few minutes.” He had a a feeling that this was bad idea, but nonetheless but wanted see it through. Afterall, inspiration for his contraptions often came at the strangest times. So many getting his noggin shook by the elf will give him some idea. That or a concussion.

Talio arrived at the training field, armed with nothing but his fists. Though he did have his training blades off to the side of the area incase he wanted to make things more interesting fo the girl. He did a few stretches, though only one arm, cause it felt strange to stretch out the prosthetic. “Alrigh then, Miss Lucia. Let’s see if you fight as good as you look.” He was probably going to get a few new bruises after this, but nonetheless, it was a good way to get to know someone.

Giving a haughty chortle, Lucia followed along to the training field. Setting her own bag of belongings down carefully, she took position in the middle of the grounds and began through a stretching routine of her own. Legs, arms, back, sides, and neck, Lucia did so until she felt sufficiently limber.

“Lady’s first, is it?” She hummed, posturing into a looser stance with one foot in front of the other along with one arm while the other remained guarded at her chest. After a few moments, she stepped forward, twisting her torso and extending her guarded right limb whilst retracting the other. However, this proved to be a feint as her entire body continued turning while she dipped down, extending the backdrawn leg in a leg sweep to trip him up.

“But of course..” Talio himself got in boxing stance. From Lucia point of view, it would obvious that this had in fact been in fights based on his stance, just not user his fist. Keeping his fist close to his face, he slowly inch closer to his opponent. Seeing her hand move forward, he would raise hand to shield his face. However such a move was mistake as it lead to him falling for the same move on again. The leg sweep.

However, this time Talio, responded almost immediately. Right after falling down, He punch his left arm into the ground, using this as a pivot point for his follow up attack. He use the advantage of his long legs to sweep her feet as well. While he was not as experience as her when it came to this move, he understood the fundamentals itself to execute it.

After executing the legsweep, he would back away and stand back up, preparing himself for her next onslaught. “And here I thought using your legs was banned in boxing.” He spoke with a cheeky grin.

Lucia noted the stance. It seemed as though he was being somewhat humble with his experience. She was taken slightly aback by the quick retaliation, falling forward as he tripped her. However, she transitioned into a tuck and roll to seamlessly return to her feet.

“Boxing? This is no sport, my dear, nor are there arbitrators,” She remarked with a smirk and a shrug. “Besides, you have the better reach and strength upper-body-wise. Why would I make this easy for you?”

Chiding him a bit, the elf dashed forward again. Jumping as she drew close to him, her front leg extending into a high kick with two kicks following to transition into a bicycle kick.

Talio only had a short moment to respond before he bombarded with an onslaught of kicks. Instinctively the man would raised both his in front of his head in crossed position, trying his best to shield his face. With each kick, he could feel his normal armor struggle to hold its position, and instead he relied more on his metal arm to take the brunt of the attack. Eventually, his normal arm would give away, being kicked to side allowing her to get a good hit on his face, but not before the merchant could reposition his arm to grab hold of the kicking leg. Using the remainder of his strength and will power, he tried his best to remain conscious as he used said his normal arm as well to grab hold of the elf’s and tossed across the field, like he was dumping expired stock. Right after throwing the girl, the merchant will be left short of breath, a sign of his ineptness in taking so many hits in such a short amount of time. His stance was shaky, almost looking like a drunkard. “You’d make a good bodyguard..Lucia..” He took deep breaths in between his words, but his fist remained raised, showing a willingness to continue the fight.

As she felt her leg being taken hold of and her body thrown, Lucia collided with the ground, tumbling and rolling to quickly get back onto her feet with a few scuff marks on her clothing and skin. Seeing his shaky posture, the elf paused. She wasn’t intending to take the spar all that seriously, though Talio had taken a shot to the head and seemed somewhat unwell.

“You know, it would have better served you to pin me after you took hold of my leg. I’d wager that physically you’re stronger than I am, so taking me to the ground would have been to my disadvantage,” Lucia advised. “Are you…. certain you wish to continue?”

"Shouldn't I get to know you better first before that?" He jested before stabilizing himself, regaining his composure. "Yes I am. I've had worst, a lot worst. So please honor me by trying your best!" Talio charged forward, winding up a haymaker with his normal arm. Though he would release the blow and instead moved forward only to see what she had in store.

“Hah, I would hope you have more romantic awareness to choose a more fitting venue, regardless of that,” Lucia remarked before considering his request. Having received worse was neither here nor there, this wasn’t a legitimate fight. Regardless, he advanced first.

Reacting to the punch, Lucia moved around his arm as she took it in hand. Then, she pressed one foot against his thigh as a step before hooking her other leg over his arm and around his neck, seemingly attempting to put him into an arm bar and pin him on the ground.

This lady's flexibility was impressive. Unfortunately this wasn't exactly the best time to admire considering they were still fighting. Struggling to keeping himself standing, the merchant wrestled violently with the pugilist. Eventually it would lead to both of them tumbling to the ground, rolling a few rotations. Eventually their wrestling would stop with Talio being on top of her with her still holding onto one of his arms at an awkward angle. Talio did not hesitate to extend his metal arm towards her neck, tightening his grip around it. His eyes looked at lot intense yet colder than before.

It didn't take too long for him realize what he was doing, immediately releasing grip and rolling onto the ground next to her in complete exhaustion. "Sorry…I guess we both got carried away…" Talio spoke, panting on the ground right next to her. "You ok? I didn't rough you up too hard right?" He. Said with a worried tone.

Lucia had tried wrestling him to the ground, though it seemed the merchant was stubborn. The elf half wondered if he really would go on unless one of them lost consciousness. However, she eventually managed to pull him down to the ground with her. Rather than completing the lock, though, it was only half so given the way he maneuvered his body. Lucia ended up on her back with, still latched securely to his arm and pulling on his neck with her hooked leg. Then the unexpected occurred.

Lucia felt the metal arm clutch at her neck. In a shock, on hand released its hold on his other arm to grab the one choking her now. Futily pulling against it, her instincts kicked in and she began pulling in his neck more forcefully with her own leg, albeit her leverage was off so this was less than effective. Before she could escalate her efforts, the hand released her and she gasped and coughed. Reaching a hand up to her throat as she shot up to a seated position, Lucia coughed a few more times.

“G-Goddess, do you know the meaning of a spar?!” She chastised.

“Well, in my own experience people tend to keep going until one of them was knocked out….and to be fair you were pretty close.” Getting kicked in the face multiple times was not enjoyable but nonetheless was parcourse in his experience. Perhaps those opponents he had fought in the past were a lot more abusive than he thought they were. “But I apologise, I am not used to fighting hand to hand with someone as skilled as you and may have overcompensated…” Talio dusted himself off before getting up. He was used to fighting like this, falling back to his arm when things went south or using other underhanded methods to get the upperhand. Not the most honorable way of fighting but viable nonetheless.

Walking to the elf, he extended a hand to her hoping to pull her up. “You can keep the soap for free. And would buying you a good lunch be able to disperse any lingering frustrations?” Talio isn’t good with apologies, at least ones which are made outside of business. Nonetheless, he resolves to make an earnest effort to pacify any tension they might have.

Lucia’s head turned to look at him, visible eye widened at his remark. "Whomever provided you with that experience has likely been kicked in the head one too many times, or perhaps not enough," She remarked, unsure if to be upset at him or whoever these friends or comrades were that didn't know what a spar was either.

Scowling a bit as she rubbed her neck, she glanced up at him. Strangely, Lucia thought to the other elf's words about her sharp tongue. Perhaps she should put that restraint into practice, and it certainly did seem as though he was sheltered, albeit in a way far different to her.

Taking the outstretched hand, Lucia pulled herself up. "...You would do well to compensate like that. However, in a real fight. As I said before, why would you give an opponent advantages?" She offered some encouragement. "Perhaps I was too ostentatious in my display. I wasn't intending to hurt you or strike at your head…"

Making an effort to dust herself off, Lucia picked up her belongings to carry with her. "I won't accept more than the soap given I was not blameless. However, if you wished for my company, I would not be opposed."

Talio’s worries would immediately disperse as soon as he saw Lucia was still willing to take his hand. At least he didnt burn any bridges this time. “No no. I knew what I was getting into. If anything, it has been quite worthwhile experience.” He’s only read about such methods of combat, but experience it firsthand was something else. Talio, hearing that she was willing to accompany him for lunch. It wasn’t everyday he gets an opportunity to share lunch with a badass elf. He will need to remember to write to his mother about this.

The days passed with no incident, aside from a few oddities. Lucia had taken some work, organized her own lodging, and was now mostly broke as a result. The bath to herself was worth it, however, and she had built a strong regimen of training to properly utilize her new spells in the morning before taking on some quests to build up something of a safety net of funds. Today was such another day where the elf was rooted in practice at one of the guild's training grounds.

Speaking an incantation, a red hue ignited from her outstretched palm, before exploding in a sudden thrust. The inertia propelled Lucia's right side back, but with one foot rooted to the ground instead of being pushed back in her entirety, her body spun clockwise as she lifted her right leg to strike a training dummy with a back kick. Unfortunately, Lucia was off-kilter and her heel missed the head of the mannequin, causing her to twirl for longer than usual, lose her balance, and tumble in place. However, she persisted, again and again. It was a routine, just like learning her martial techniques. Just as when she was first taught to kick, sometimes she missed, flailed, or failed to accurately position her body. Yet, over time she improved, and now such a movement was mundane. When she could utilize this new spell at-will in combat, that would be her next benchmark of improvement.

But for now, practice.

As her regimen came to an end, Lucia made her way into the guild hall to maintain the next part of her routine. This was when she spotted Hysydice and the other beastkin. That made things easier. Whatever job she took, the rule of pairs was still in effect and this saved Lucia the time searching for someone. Though, she did seem to be in the middle of something with the unknown woman. An inquiry never hurt though.

"Good morning and apologies for the intrusion... Hysydice, I was going to gather some quests to undertake for the day. Would you be interested in partaking, or are you otherwise occupied?" She inquired.

Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko Reinhardt Reinhardt

Right after a short recovery period from his sparring session with Thea, Talio would ride to the market with his wagon. Sales haven’t exactly been the best lately, but he was hoping that today would be slightly different. On the night before, he had hired the loveable birdfolk of his team to assist him driving sales. Advance compensation aside, he had given a her a long list of descriptions for each and everyone of his product..

In hindsight, perhaps it was not the best move to overwhelm the young girl with so much information. He even lent her a book on the basics of making sale. Though he genuinely wondered how much of that book could she actually read in such a short amount of time. The merchant sat his stall, opening up the various windows and preparing the fixtures to transform his wagon into it’s deployed mode. The shelves and tables were stacked with a plethora of survival gear, ranging from hachets to cut foliage to rations and waterskins. They weren’t the most unique merchandise out there, but they were definitely something an adventurer would need.

As always, the merchant arrived 10 minutes earlier than usual. Whether or not the birdkin did the same was fine with him either way. The other shops near the assigned market area were doing the same as well. From what he could tell the prices of said places were about the same, with some items being priced higher than others and vice versa. Perhaps having a cute mascot would turn things to his favor.

Lori couldn’t read! But that was fine, because others could!

And really, even if others couldn’t read all the paper that Talio had given her, it wasn’t like it would be that hard to sell things, right? After all, she had been to markets before! All you had to do was keep talking to people, and if there was one thing Lori was good at doing, that was it. Well, that and running.

Having spent her morning on a nice jog through the neighbourhood, saying ‘hi’ to all the early morning workers along the way, she only dropped by once the market itself looked to be getting everything in place. Plenty of merchants were present now, laying their wares on shelves and carpets. Cooks were amongst them as well, fat crackling against cast-iron as bread was fried and eggs were cracked. Fish, of course, were ever present, and so too were the flies drawn to their smell.

It was a mass of humanity, a mass of stenches and aromas, but it was pleasant all the same. And amongst them, Talio definitely looked like he fit right in place.

“Morning Talio,” Lori sang, waving her arm energetically as she jaunted towards her. “How’s the new arm feeling? Everything working normally?”

"Morning Lori." Talio gave the bird a friendly wave as he just managed to finish up setting everything, presenting a pop op stall that was neat, tidy containing all sorts of items, like sword oil to even more mundane stuff like bars of soap. "I trust that you were able to read some of the stuff I gave you?" I wasn't really how much a young girl like her could absorb.

And right on queue a customer came by their store. Seemingly interested in the bar of soap. Such perfect timing. "Go on then Lori, why don't give our first customer a warm welcome." Talio gave her a gentle nudge hoping she would at least be able to describe the product to him. The soap had a floral, specifically from a flower found only on Valgem. "Ah you must be a worker of this fine establishment. I'm interested in this particular bar, right here. Could you tell me more about it?" This customer was dressed a lot better than most of the people there. Clearly someone that cares a lot about their appearance.

“Nope!” Lori replied. “But it’ll work out!”

And indeed, it certainly would. Even without the nudging from Talio, Lori was already springing up and into action. Sure, all it looked like was a bar of soap that smelled interesting, and the customer definitely did not actually look like an adventurer, but that was fine too. After all, the tools of an adventurer were often just smaller, more portable versions of the tools of a tradesman.

“Morning morning,” she sang, eyes glittering in the sunshine. “This is a soap bar that’s great for travelling, missus. Here, give it a whiff if you’d like! Floral, right? The basic idea, I think, is to slice off slivers of it to mix with water, before scrubbing your clothes into it. After that, give it a quick rinse and it’ll not only clean off all the dirt and such from your clothes, but also make it smell like flowers! Which is great on the road, because most of the time, what people smell are your clothes rather than yourself!”

Her fingers snapped.

“If you’d like, we can portion out a smaller size for cheap too, in case you’d like to just sample it for now! Just drop by later to tell the bossman how he did making it up, yeah? Customer feedback is how solo craftsmen make improvements, after all!”

Talio was slightly disappointed that she did not take some time to read at least some of the material he lend her, but nonetheless allowed her to continue. Perhaps a cutesy face and can-do attitude was enough to make a sell.

The customer was receptive towards Lori’s advances, giving the soap an extra sniff before putting it down again. “Hmm yes but of course. In doing so, the floral scent would be transferred into my clothes as well. There is something about this smell…its definitely a flower and yet….I am not familiar with this one..” The customer looked, perplexed, trying desperately to figure out what the flower was exactly. “Regardless, yes I am very much interested. The whole block would be it a bit much. Would you mind cutting it down into four even blocks? I’ll come back later in an hour to collect it.” The customer gave the girl a gracious smile as looked at a price tag and gave him the full amount in a small bag of coins. “A bit pricier than usual soap, but I am guessing its imported?” After counting coins once more, the man left, no doubt to something else for the day.

“Hmm interesting. You didnt provide any specific details about the items, and yet that was enough convince him to buy it. He didnt even try to haggle the price down…” Talio bewildered by who easily the young girl was able to sell the soap. Talio silently took the block of soap to the back of his wagon where he could segment it into the evenly size pieces as instructed. “Well…seems like you’re a natural. Would you mind watching the shop for me while I cut this down to size?” Based on her initial performance, it shouldn’t be too difficult for someone like her to service the other customers.

Soon, a small group of adventurers would come to his store. “Hello there, Ms…bird person. My group over here is prepping up for a long trip into the mountains. If I am being honest, we are not too experience in doing such activities. We have a guide…but we’re not quite sure what to buy…do you have any recommendations?” There a myriad of things she could recommend to them, be it the valgemian rations or even water skin pouches, but it would come down to how long their journey would take.

Lori’s smile didn’t fade as she addressed the newcomers.

“Hey there, Mr. Human Person! I’d be happy to make some recommendations! Certainly had my fair share of mountain crossings before, so…” One by one, her fingers flicked up, each signaling a question. “Why’re you going there and do you know how long in like, days? Oh, if any one of you is confident with their hunting or foraging techniques, that makes a big difference too! And in general, are you good with sleeping on hard rocks, or do you need those extra comforts? Oh, the name of the mountain too. Super important, cause they all have different characteristics.”

She raised herself up to the tips of her talons, eyes flickering over the state of the adventurers’ gears.

“And on a separate note, if you’re off on a long trip, it never hurts to do a check-up on all your clothes. The bossman in the back can take a look at your gear and your boots, if you’ve still got some time to spare before you head off. And we sell sewing kits too, if any of you picked that up.”

"Uhh well…" The adventurer seemed momentarily taken aback by the unexpected friendly nature of the bird person. But nonetheless, he welcomed it. "Ok maybe mountain is a bit of an exaggeration, it's more like a small hill." Spoke one of the other adventures, indicating that it was in fact that the journey might not be as grand as said before. "We can forage..but hunting…not so much..we mostly rely on simple traps to capture small animals. We were hoping to get some from this store if possible." While the store does not appear to have any traps on sale, there was a possibility Talio was able to make one for them.

"As long as the rocks are covered with something, we should be able to sleep on it." Sleeping on uncovered rocks was an acquired skill, something not all adventurers were able to the easily. "I can't quite remember what the place was called, but they did warn us that there would be a lot of bugs at night." He didnt seem to know the specifics of what type of insects but he remembered that it was a notable detail of the place.

"I think our gear is fine…but yea sure, I guess we can afford to have him check our gear." The adventurer nodded, agreeing to let Talio look over their stuff later. "Where is he anyways?".

It was sounding more like a camping trip to Lori now, where the mountain-hill was the destination, rather than an obstacle, but that was fine too. It made setting up traps for small game actually viable, after all!

“In that case, my recommendation would be stuff like…” She began rummaging through the packs of rations. “Here! You usually end up burning up a lotta energy when you’re in the mountains, so denser rations work out better. Make sure to eat it even when you don’t feel hungry though, because it takes time for food to become energy. Waterskins are great too, and we have some filled up, but drop by one of the farmers’ stalls later too. It gets pretty boring tasting leather-water, so squeeze some lemon wedges into your waterskins helps a lot with that!”

Lori’s eyes flickered through the rest of the stall, looking through the diverse selection before coming across the next item of recommendation. Taking out a couple of jars of dried plants, she waved them over. “If it’s a matter of bugs, you can bring some of these to set to smoulder at night too! I’d say to only use it when you need to though, and don’t have any other alternatives. Otherwise, pine smoke works just as well, even if the smell’s going to be stronger. Oh, and, of course, that’s not going to help with everything, so in this case, getting yourself a proper canvas will do wonders too!”

And then, the final bit.

“As for simple traps, we don’t have anything like that here, but what we do have is this!” She shook a bundle of steel wire in front of them. “It sounds like the place you’re going is going to be pretty wooded, so the simplest thing you can make is…” As she spoke, Lori pulled out a length of the wire, making a loop out of it. “...a snare like this! You put it on a slanted log or branch, put some food in the direction that you think critters will be running in, and then just wait! They’ll get their heads stuck in the loop, then have the loop tighten up as they try to escape it, and voila! Meat! Oh, but if you know that there’s going to be rivers and streams over where you’re going, I’d recommend checking out one of the fishermen’s stalls instead, because they’d have nets and such for you to use! And for the bossman…Talio! There’s some customers asking for you!”

“Hmm actually that would be a good idea to have rations. Considering we’re not sure how good we are at foraging. Very well, we’ll take a three packs of whatever you have…maybe make it four just incase.” With each word spoken, the first adventurer would reveal himself to be a bit of a greenhorn in stuff like this. “I swear you worry too much some times. But I guess its better safe than sorry..” The other adventurer muttered, continuing to listen to the bird girl.

“Hmm yes we’ll take the water skins as well. And we can buy some lemons from that under vendor.” The adventurer seemed really excited to try out this new technique Lori had just suggested. Leather water had always been a staple the was thought to be unavoidable for them, until now. Their attention eventually turned to Lori, explaining how they could make some sort of snare which just simple metal wires along with some other material that is readily available in the wild. “Wow...I never actually thought about using something so simple. Very well I’ll buy a lenght of wire as well.” And just like that this customer had already agreed to another purchase.

Upon being called upon, Talio would instantly make an appearance, along with pieces of soap that have been cut to perfection. Cutting such pieces wouldn’t take that long but he wanted to see how the little girl would fair on her own. Right after processing their purchase, Talio turned his attention to Lori, hoping the review her performance so far.

“Is this your first time? You seem like a natural in dealing with customers.” Talio made no attempt to hide how happy he was with her performance, despite having not read anything about the material. “You’re pretty knowledgeable about wilderness survival. You should write a book one day, I am sure many people can benefit from your lessons.” And if she ever needed helping selling these books, she would know who to turn to

“Well, it’s in the name, isn’t it? Lori Delivery, same day rates no matter the days!” Lori grinned, slapping Talio on the shoulder. “I’ve basically been working since I was born, so like, y’know. It comes down to sharing happiness and ideas with others. Though it’s not like I know THAT much about survival anyways, least not more so than hunters. It’s more like a service sorta thing, you know?”

She motioned towards Talio’s own gear. “You like to make and fix things, right? I’m sure you’d be able to make lotsa friends too, if you just gave others advice on how to use tools or fix things. It’s like…people enjoy learning things, usually, and there’s good feelings they catch by being able to do something themselves. After that, even if they can do the thing themselves, every time they do so, they’ll remember where they learned that from, and their opinion of you will grow. And voila, now you’ve got repeating customers!”

The girl snapped her fingers, as if the secrets of the universe were revealed just like that.

“Adventurers will eventually get all the gear they ever need, but when they’ve got coin to spend, they’ll spend it on their friends.”

"Sharing happiness huh?" An odd choice of words, but if it works for her there is a reason why he should dispute it. His mind went back to what Miss Cephilia told him the other day, about putting the arm and himself to good use, forming bonds, and everything else about altruism. "Friends.. hard to say I would. My contraptions are rather niche and unrefined. I'm sure you could have seen it in the clocks I made." The way he saw it, he wasn't good enough to help people in that way. At least not yet. "However, I suppose I can offer my services at a lower rate in exchange for my amatuer skills." Lori’s outlook on things was admirable. So free, innocent, full of optimism something he distinctly lacked. "You say the most profound things at times for a person of your age." Talio smiled at the birdkin while inspecting the soaps he had cut, putting each of them in a neat packaging for the customer. "I don't know how much free time you have, but how would you like to be a regular worker here?" It was much less time consuming then her just running deliveries. And might be just as profitable if not more.

“If they’re niche, then you’ve just got a niche. Isn’t that a good thing?”

She pretended to think a moment too about Talio’s offer too, but her decision had been made a long time ago.

“And thanks, but naw. Variety’s the spice of life, y’know? I didn’t become a Kriegslowen because I wanted to do the same thing, after all! But that totally brings up the question, Talio. Why did you join the Guild? When you have this whole business going on and all.”

“Very well Lori. Though if you ever change your mind, the offer still stands.” While he was a bit disappointed, he already had a feeling she would turn it down. “An interesting question, to which I have a rather boring answer to.” He was reluctant to share his circumstances at first, but he felt that Lori was a trustworthy enough individual to tell some of his background. “The short answer is this. I have great debt to pay. I won’t say how much, but assuming I am conducting my current business on regular basis, at the current rate, while factoring possible growth in the future I’ll finish paying it by the time I am in my 50s if not in my 60s” He wasn’t too fond of the idea, dedicating a significant chunk of his life paying for a debt. “I could just accept that. Or…I could take a greater risk, and join the Krieglowen just like many of my peers. From there, I’ll build a reputation, and hopefully be able to establish myself enough whereby money is no longer a significant problem. And to be honest, even if I can’t pay off my debt, I would at least like to live a somewhat interesting life.” His eyes wandered to the clouds, thinking about where this path would eventually lead him. He wasn’t a good fighter like most of peers, here and an amateur artificer. Would someone like him even last long enough to leave a meaningful legacy? It was difficult to say. Either way, it was something he wanted to find out. “Yea.. thats it. I am doing this cause I am bored.” He simplified his reasoning to one sentence. Though it did left out a lot of other context, he felt that it was appropriate enough. “Does that satisfy your question?”

A few minutes later, the finely dressed customer would return to the stall, ready to collect his freshly cut bars of soap. Seeing Talio there, he couldn’t help but ask him what type of sent it was. “Young man. You have to tell me. What flower does this fine scent come from, I very much would like to grow the flowers in my yard if possible.” The customer spoke, excitedly taking whiff of the bars of soap once more. “Hmm I’d think that would be a bit difficult considering that the flower is only found in Valgem. Though if you’d like I can include a bundle of them on the next supply delivery here.” Talio replied, looking happy that someone else was able to enjoy the fine scent of his homeland.

The customer pause at first, as if he was in disbelief in what he had just heard. “Valgem you say….in that case…I’d like to request a refund.” The finely dressed man’s expression immediately soured upon learning the origin of the scent. “May I ask why? Were the cuts not to your liking?” Talio was confused by the sudden shift in attitude, but nonetheless wanted to know why this was happening. “You’re one of them aren’t? A Valgemian…” The man’s eyes stared into Talio with uneasiness and disdain. “Yes.. I am from Valgem. But I am just a humble merchant..I-” before Talio could continue, he was immediately interrupted by the would be customer. “No, I don’t want to hear it, I’d sooner die than support the business of your people. Now give me back my money.” He shouted, turning a few heads toward the scene. “And you! An innocent girl like you shouldn’t be hanging out with their kind!” Talio merely sighed, in annoyance. Just as Thea had warned him, so people were just not as accepting of his foreign heritage despite it having no reasonable explanation for the hatred.

“Mhmm.”

Well, there were all types of people in the world, and there was no reason to linger on any one individual. After all, even Lori had picked up stories of the One Year War in passing, had seem destitute cripples lingering in alleyways, willing to tell their stories of war-time woe with anyone who’d catch their gaze. The man could have lost someone close, or could have suffered great loss himself. So while Talio sighed, Lori acted, counting up the coins to process their refund.

“Here you are!” She chimed. “I’ve deducted some of the coinage for the services already performed, but the rest should be there. But before you leave, Mister, well, I’ll have to ask you to be a bit nicer, ok?”

With a flick of her wrist, Lori brought out her Arcanizer, the symbol of her affiliation with the Kriegslowe Guild.

“Flowers don’t choose where they sprout, and people don’t choose where they’re born. You not liking what Valgem has done is totally alright, but the bossman over there is a Kriegslowen like me, so, you know.” She placed the bag of coinage in the man’s hands, smiling all the while. “What he does is separate from what his country did. The whole po-li-tee-call new-trail-ty thing and all.”

Talio was just about to hand the man his money back until Lori herself had stepped in and settled the matter for him. The well-dressed begrudgingly took the money in his hand and gave a swift reply towards the bird girls revelations. “Guess they’ll let anyone be a Krieglowens these days.” Despite what he had just said, the man was seemingly hesitant to leave, almost as if he had more to say on the matter and yet he couldn’t bring himself to say anything mean towards the cheerful young bird girl.

“You didn’t need to that Lori. But all the same..I am thankful. I’ll pay you back in full when the morning ends.” Talio sighed, crossing his arms while watching the man leaving in the distance. “In all fairness, people have said a lot worse to me.” In fact, the most demeaning comments were usually from his countryfolk and peers. But to have someone stick up for you during such moments, it was a good feeling. “Let’s get something to eat after we close up shop. Its the least I can do. Goodfolk like you are hard to comeby.” Talio’s heart was honestly touched by her words and kindness. Even the most professional merchant have moments where their patience were tested, and yet this bird seemed to be immune to all that.

“It’s not my nature,” Lori replied, watching the man leave. “It’s my choice.”

Whatever meaning was in those words didn’t marinate in silence for long though, as she turned towards Talio once more.

“But if you’re paying for dinner, then let’s go to the Rusty Cudgel! Gotta see how the regular staff do after I bailed em out last time.”

1679491424842.png
Interaction: Mysterious Woman AnonyMouse AnonyMouse Hysydice Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko
Lucia EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen
Maintenance can be a tedious task, but nonetheless was a necessary part of daily routine to ensure this newly crafted arm remained a reliable tool. After taking it apart and reassembling it multiple times, he finally gained a much better understanding and appreciation of Miss Cephilia's work. Her words from the other day still remained fresh on his mind, pondering over what exactly someone like him could do to win her favor. After a while, these thoughts were quickly interrupted by the chattering of individuals from outside his wagon. The first voice was familiar, one male, sounding a bit less confident than how he remembered him in his first interaction. Falion. He seemed to be talking to an unfamiliar voice of a female. It sounded like she was interested in something, or maybe interested in him, either way, it was difficult to tell without the context. And then came another more familiar voice, the snake girl, Hyss. She seemed to be interested in the lady as well. Taking a small peek outside through the window, he confirmed with his own eyes it was in fact his fellow Kriegslowen. A moment later, another familiar figure came by, the elf that he had wrestle with a few days ago. Listening to her voice, she too seemed interested in going on a quest.
Knowing that he still had some time before the meeting with teammates, he decided to venture out to see what the commotion was about. Opening the door, Talio would reveal him to both Hyssydice and the mysterious woman. As always he was clad in his usual formal attire, along with his blades on each hip. "Afternoon, Hysydice. And to you as well, Miss Lucia. Just got back from training I presume? Have you had the chance to use the soap?" He smiled to his fellow Krieglowen before turning to the lady of unknown origin. Her clothing suggested someone of high status, which seemed a bit strange as someone as fancy looking as that would normally have an entourage of their own. As pretty as she was, there was something about her that uneased Talio, an air of mysteriousness that made it difficult to decipher her intentions. "Afternoon to you too, Lady. You seem to have given our friend there quite a scare. I am Talio Ferromanus, a fellow Krieglowen like her and the young man from before. Is there anything we can help you with?" He wasted no time in introducing himself to this stranger. While he was sure of her intentions, surely there was no harm in simply talking to her.

Last edited:
1B1D3499-63A6-423A-8899-EFD597BAFA6D.jpeg

Aya, back here again? It seems like he spends more time reporting back to the guildhall and its patrons than he does serving the people outside of it!

Endymion leisurely presses a hand to his lower back as he trots upon the guildhall’s entrance, cracking his spine in a satisfying way just so. Well, it was always important to remember where your roots lay. He can’t deny that he still gets little shivers up his spine every time he returns to the big busting guild; just like the first time.

Mn, but where is the man of the hour? And where are his companions? Arien was always a difficult one to read but his instructions to meet up seemed as stern as anything else. Perhaps it was time for another assignment. Or perhaps it was time for something of an upgrade.

He catches a glimpse of a familiar form across the way and gives a one-handed salute as he approaches.

“Ah, there you are! I was beginning to worry I overslept again and missed the meetup, ehe… I’m kidding, of course. Mostly.”

? ? ?

The woman turned to the serpentine beastkin with a gentle smile. Sharp observers would note this smile materialized a moment before the girl uttered her first words, as if the woman not only anticipated this encounter, but felt its outcome was already assured and favorable.

"Prying into the affairs of another, are we? And they say curiosity killed the cat," she replied in a tone of amusement as she rested a hand upon her hip, while her other ponderously caressed her chin. “Then again, looking after a dear friend is never in bad taste, if that truly is your aim, young lady.”

Her features betrayed none of the assessments swirling about within her head. She pursed her lips as she prepared to see what games this little one could play, but her attention was soon drawn to the approach of another: a Caskarieth, wearing an eye patch and form-fitting leather armor. Her attire and bearing betrayed her role as an adventurer, however she spoke with the even keel and precise enunciation of one who comes from good stock. And yet she has chosen this life... the woman thought as she observed their exchange.

"Adventurers everywhere, it seems. When it rains, it pours," the woman commented. She seeemed to be oddly pleased by the increasing number of them or perhaps she enjoyed the attention, though the Caskarieth gave her none. As if this were not enough, the door of the merchant's wagon swung open and its proprietor revealed himself. A well-dressed young man made his entrance, turning the duo into a trio.

As he greeted the two girls an inquired about some soap he ahd either given or sold to them, the woman observed this exchange with increasing pleasure. They appeared to all be acquainted. While it was not uncommon for adventurers to know one another, to meet four in the span of a few minutes, who all seemed to be good friends, was a sign her search was nearing its end...

"The pleasure is all mine, Talio," she said, resting her hands on her hips as her eyes traveled from him to the elf. "However, I think that young man handled himself quite well. 'Flustered?' Most certainly," she said, with a playful wink as her eyes briefly rested upon Hysydice, "Though, in times like these, perhaps a little fear is warranted. Those who throw caution to the wind may find themselves swept up in the storm."

As she spoke, her tail continued to swish left and right. This woman seemed to possess an inability to stand still. It was not nervous or erratic energy, like a child overdue for a nap, but subtle, harmonious motion. Be it a slight gyrating of her hips, or the thrumming of her fingertips, or the tapping of her foot, something was always in motion, as if there was music in her mind and she could not help but move to its rhythm.

"Before his 'tactical retreat,' that young man directed me to seek your guildmistress," she said to Talio, who had inquired of her needs. "But, you see, there lies my dilemma: if it is Kaira Zalketh, well..." she gigled with delight, "I would be better off speaking to a tree... after setting it --and myself-- alight. Or, if Cephilia Valdergeuse is now warden of this madhouse, as that young man said, well that simply will not do... for she is my archnemesis, you see." With a small sigh and a roll of her eyes, she added. "I suppose, if I must, I will suffer her meager existence."

Interaction(s): EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen (Lucia) / Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko (Hyss) / TreasureSniper TreasureSniper (Talio)

"Ho there, Falco!"

Falco's countenance brightened when Thea's voice reached his ears. Even before he turned to meet the knight, it was clear to see her presence lifted his spirits. While Thea was hardly the warmest of companions, she always held a special place in his heart as the first comrade he met on that fateful day. In a way, his journey to greateness began with her.

Ever since she moved out of the guild hall, he felt as if they were growing apart. It was only natural each adventurer branched off to handle their own affairs betwent he special assignments. When he thought of his other peers, he sometimes felt only the thin thread of being forced to work in pairs held them together. Then again, that was probably to be expected. Some day, they may not even live in the same town.

But not today.

"You seem to have had seen better days, not those rumors spreading around I hope?" she said.

"Laaaady Schuerer! Well met!" Falco said with a flamboyant bow and a flourish. Very knightly. At least, that's how he assumed knights greeted one another. They probabaly whacked their swords together or made their horses perform feats of synchronized prancing or something, but he had none of that. Was he overdoing it a bit, to put her mind at ease? Perhaps. Would he still greet her this way had the cat lady not annoyed him so recently? Only Aurelia knows.

"Nah, I don't let rumors get to me like that," he remarked as he returned to his natural posture and tone of speech. "I'm good. Why? Do I seem like I'm not? I-I just had a weird encounter, is all, but it's good now. I sure put her in her place!" he said, proudly... but still furtively glanced over his shoulder, as if he was afraid the target of his boasting might overhear... despite her being very, very far away by now.

"Anyway..." he presented Thea's gift box. "I have something for you. I wanted to see your fancy new digs. Ya know, test the locks, jump on the couch, give the ol' bedsprings a workout... but I suppose delivering it here is as good a place as any," he said with a grin.

Interaction(s): RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun (Thea)

Hysydice "Hyss" Maliss
hyss-banner2-png.999406

Thinking: "What's this miscreant want? She better watch herself.."

Interacting: TreasureSniper TreasureSniper EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen AnonyMouse AnonyMouse

"I am not a cat," she stated flatly. She may have had a hood on, but there were no triangle-shaped ears poking up through the hood. Hyss lowered her head a bit in contemplation. Looking after a friend? Was that what she was doing? Well, for one, she wouldn't call Falion a friend perse, but her view of him had gone up a bit since their last mission. All in all, she simply opted to dip her head in a bit of affirmation. If only to let this progress to get to what she was curious about.

That's when the two were interrupted by a familiar voice. Lucia. On any other occasion Hysydice may have felt a bit of irritation at being interrupted, but she was in a good mood. "Hm. Hello Lucia. As you can see, I am preoccupied with something. Maybe you would also be interested, if you are seeking something to do."

Talio was the next to join them. Their little merry band was growing. And here she thought she had taken a good opportunity to approach a strange individual. Maybe she wasn't a slick as she thought she was. "Ah, Talio, hi." She recalled him from their earlier conversation, silver eyes lingering on him just a moment. "Soap?" she repeated with a tilt of her head.

Hyss cocked her head once more as the strange cat woman began speaking once again. She had to admit, the various parables and riddles in her own religion always confused her. That is to say, she was never very good with them, and had always required her brother to explain their meanings. Multiple times over in fact. At any rate, she somewhat understood that this was a brief warning. "Whatever storm may brew, we won't be blown away. We're firm, like strong, enduring trees. Or at least I won't be." She wasn't sure about the other two, eyes flicking to them.

"Arch..nemesis?" Hyss repeated. She narrowed her eyes. Now she was on edge. If she were like this cat woman, then her fur would be sticking up now. Alas, she was a snake. Body covered in nothing but smooth scales. Though Hyss was familiar with a itching sensation under her scales when she was gripped with fear or trepidation. The snake girl was not good with jokes, and might've missed them in the cat woman's words.

While she could somewhat see why this woman would be apprehensive with dealing with Cephilia, Hyss was still loyal to the guild. "What do you want?" she hissed more darkly this time. Now it wasn't curiosity fueling her. It was her trying to ascertain a perceived threat and figure out how to deal with it. She knew talking to this woman was the right choice; her instincts were good.

Thea Schuerer

~~~
It was not long thereafter that Falco's mood seemed to brighten and his face shifted. Welcoming her in an overly flamboyant fashion with a flourish and bow. It was a greeting from those currying hard favor with the aristocracy or the wealth. Often both of those were one and the same, still, it did bring an amused smile to her face. "We often just greet one another with head nods or a salute, right fist balled with the palm side striking the left breast." She said, mimicking the move.

"Putting her in her place huh..." Reflecting on the rest that he said and the box he offered, she opened it in quick order, though her mood was replaced with a bit of a sigh, before closing it back. "I see, so then I saved you some time. Though I would disappoint you, minus some camping items I have no furniture in it as of yet.

And ha, you act as if me living outside of the walls to be avoiding you all. Most of you can come visit whenever you like, I've not hid the location." Pausing at that she scoffs slightly. "Well, some of you are welcome, though I must show some manners to whoever it is. Just if given a choice between the fields and the streets, I am more at home in the former." Reaching under her cloak, Thea places the box into her hip carrier, before turning her attention back to Falco in full.

"Though now, I must set out to provide a mission or hire a messenger myself. I've not written home in the weeks I've been here and the ten days or so I traveled the roads. I should try to rectify that. And aren't you a little too old for jumping on the bed?" Thea was not that naive nor innocent enough to not know what he meant, or what she had assumed, but for now she didn't want to give him a smack or down talking. Something she hinted at in her voice and mannerisms, akin to a temple sister. Changing the subject, she stared at the woman and watched as more of her colleges went to speak with her.

"Hmm... Should I just leave that be? I wonder. Still, I thank you for bringing this to me. One is a memento of our mission, the other is a gift for my brother. I decided I may commission the wood workers to make statuettes of noteworthy foes and missions, well those in which I cannot keep something from it."

Looking back at the woman and the rest she let out another sigh. "I'll stay here least they look to be making a mess of things."

Interactions: Falco AnonyMouse AnonyMouse

Last edited:
Lupa_Banner.jpg
Interactions/Mentions: AnonyMouse AnonyMouse (Falco), RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun (Thea)

There were easy days, and since Lupa had paid well enough for food she had decided to go rummaging through the cellar where her father had kept mementos of his time as a knight. Chipped and broken blades of worthy opponents to weapons that simply kept his fancy usually came down to rot here. Mostly, the last few days was spent organizing the stash of weapons and performing basic maintenance on the ones she would use. Caring for the collection had been put off long enough, and Ellen had taken notice to the new peculiar hobby she took to. In fact, she had managed to fall asleep when she was woken up in the morning by Ellen who had gently shaken her master awake.

"Honestly, to fall asleep in the cellar...please, you must take better care of yourself miss," Ellen chided with a worried frown before stepping back to allow Lupa to stretch.

"Ellen, I already took one day off and allowed you to baby me over a few minor wounds."

"Either way, breakfast is ready upstairs, wash up before you eat though."

Lupa gave a halfhearted sleepy 'yeah' before pulling herself up, leading to Ellen walking out of the basement to tend to the food upstairs. After finishing a couple light tasks, Lupa made her way to wash her hands and change into a plain tunic which didn't have weapon oil and dust caking it. After she made her way to the table, she took a seat and eagerly began scarfing down her meal as Ellen watched with the same pensive look on her face, as though her mind was elsewhere. When she did notice she slowed her pace then offered, "You can eat with me if you want. Company is always appreciated."

Ellen snapped out of her stupor and gave a meak grin with a wave of her hand as she responded, "It's fine miss. Please, enjoy your meal in peace."

"Peace would be to enjoy it with you," she said with a satisfied smile, but this didn't have the usual effect on Ellen of making her preen herself or lightly flush pink. Instead, the maid grabbed her dress and looked away. "Ellen...what's wrong?"

"I'm just worried miss."

"About...?"

Ellen's grip now wrinkled her outfit before she answered without meeting Lupa's eyes, "Your safety..."

Lupa placed her silverware down and pushed her plate away.

"I'll be fine, I've lived this long," she responded flatly. "Besides, I need to put food on the table anyways, I can't rely on my siblings forever."

"Still, couldn't you choose a less...risky profession? I mean, after what happened in the last few days-"

"You want me to quit. Well I won't, I'm not going to back away after one job. Besides now that I can choose my own quests, I can pick the less risky ones if you want."

"That's hardly my point. After getting injured and Krafen-"

"The injuries were a freak accident and Krafen has nothing to do with us. I've heard the rumors and stories."

"Does it not bother you the guild has yet to make a statement?"

"It's not a soldier's place to question the decisions of their superior."

"You're not a soldier anymore though..."

Lupa openly sighed then pushed herself up before walking away to her room where she would ready herself to go to the guild hall. She uttered a curse as she closed the door and moved to her dresser where she would spend some time brushing her tail to calm down. By the time she returned down though, she noticed Ellen had left a note saying she was off running errands. Deciding she should arm herself and go to the guild hall to pick up some light work, Lupa moved to the cellar to grab her favorite rapier and dagger before considering if she she should grab a long sword as well, just in case. In the end, she decided against it and closed the door for hopefully the last time today.

When Lupa had made it to the guildhall she noticed Falco and Thea having a conversation. While her ears picked up bits and pieces, they weren't what was on her mind. No, right now she was primarily thinking whether she should train, find a job and partner(s), or finally get her zauberite slotted since she had yet to do that. She had yet to slot it or even learn a simple spell, and she wondered still if she should change that today. The last few days she had chosen not to, since there was an odd atmosphere, and she had a feeling there were more pressing matters at hand. She settled for giving them a wave and a smile before walking to the board to weigh her options.

Perhaps it had been a small miracle she had showed up today at all. It's not like she needed to invest her money into buying belongings, housing, or anything beyond basic necessities for living and equipment. Since the reward from her first job had been so sizable, she hadn't needed to visit the guildhall beyond a few checks and considerations.

Either way, if the board didn't contain anything of worth or she couldn't find a suitable partner or team, she would have no further need and could simply go train or find a way to study how to use her arcanizer for once.

Jf5CChj.png

Time: Somewhere in the Interlude
King Crimson King Crimson

There was only one reason why Lori didn't see the huntress: because she wasn't looking in that direction.

After all, if she had, it'd be impossible to miss out on someone who was quite literally as tall as a tree. A small tree, perhaps, but definitely bigger than what any mortal humanoid had any right to be. Like, sheesh, Lori figured she was tall, and she was tall, but this woman? This woman literally looked like a beanpole, a one-armed beanpole that made her fishing pole look weirdly thick as a result.

But Eulalia was a nice name, and she made a nice offer too. Perhaps under certain circumstances, Lori would've even been happy to stay and chat for a bit. But, alas, when she wasn't playing, she was working, and while Cressey may have some difficulty getting back, for Lori?

She could run back to the Guild from here and still make it in time for afternoon tea.

"Kind of you to offer, Miss Eulalia, and if you'd like to stick around for a bit, Cressey, feel free to!" The birdkin beastfolk cheerfully pulled out the parcel from one of her pouches, smoothing out the creases of the cloth that wrapped around it, before presenting it to the huntress. "But I'll have to skip tea myself! Have a lovely day, and I do hope you enjoy whatever your family's sent you!"

And with that, Lori saluted the woman cheerfully, before shooting off into the horizon. Perhaps Cressey believed that talking was boring, but Lori?

Lori thought walking was boring.

Time: Some Time in the Morning-ish
lunar_moth lunar_moth TreasureSniper TreasureSniper Silver Wolf Silver Wolf

The past few days had been fun.

Lori was settling in quite well in the rhythm of working, after all. In the mornings, she would do morning jobs. In the evenings, she would do evening jobs. And though it was perhaps a lot of work for just one small bird, she wasn't alone anymore either! Amongst all the things that had recently got stuck in her hair was her new familiar, a white rat by the name of Parm, who was currently nestled comfortably inside her hood. With its guidance, she was able to do so many more things than she used to: getting into small spaces, getting into smaller spaces, getting into the smallest spaces, and espionage!

The relationships between men and women were difficult things, weren't they? When the eyes and heart wandered, swayed by passions, and yet the ring that bound one to their decades-long oath remained to bind them still, only tragedy could occur...

Thankfully, no one was stabbed to death for their philandering, though Lori did get a couple extra silvers to kick a no-good oaf in the butt. That wasn't really the first time she expected to put her training to good use, but thankfully, it was for a good cause!

"Morning Endy!" She chimed, slapping the dark-skinned caster on the back. "How's little Berry treating you? Cleaned up lotsa flies in your room?" Another familiar face popped up, one that seemed to be quite intimately engaged with a rather noble-looking cat lady. Truly, passions ran hot as adventurers and men alike. "Talio! You'll be late for the meeting if you keep flirting! Just leave her your card or something!"

Of course, right as she said that, Lori herself got hit by a whole ass surprise.

"Oh, Lupa! It's been forever! Where've you been? All healed up after the whole bandit thing? Arien's called for the rest o the Team, so you should totally come with us! It's probably like a follow-up job or something, right? I'll bet that Hedwig's gonna be a repeat patron now!"

And without hesitation, the birdkin grabbed the wolfkin's hands and pulled her along, towards the ascribed meeting point.

Celandine_2.png

Target practice, Sakura's past time when she is not out doing quests. Ever since she had moved into the Gainsborough household, her life could have gone any better. Thanks to the funds from the flower shop, Flora was able to afford dummies for Sakura to train. Ever since she learned new spells from Ceph, Sakura's combat prowess had improved and in turned became more creative with it's uses. However, she still has a long road ahead.

After some time, Sakura called her training done and decided to head on to the guild hall for a quick quest. When she arrived, she'll notice Hysydice, Talio and Lucia speaking with a mysterious woman. Who could she be? "Good day, Hyss, Lucia, Talio. What has brought you all here in the guild?" She greeted after she had approached them. She then turned to the woman who they were talking to and said "And who might you be Miss? I'm Sakuranbo Suzui, but you can call me Sakura for short."

AnonyMouse AnonyMouse EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko TreasureSniper TreasureSniper

Last edited:
Celandine-5.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Turning an eye to the well-dressed woman, Lucia took a more detailed canvas of her person. Clearly of higher birth by her clothing and the way the woman carried herself. However, what was most noticeable was the arcanizer acting as an amulet for the woman. Either a former adventurer of the guild or--Well, there was more than one way to get an arcanizer.

"Indeed. It is to be expected when standing in the middle of the storm, or in front of the guild house, that is," Lucia replied to the woman's comment.

Given that the woman spoke of the guildmaster and Cephilia by name, there was some history, though with how she spoke it almost sounded like she was prodding for information. That, or playing with her food.

Honestly, Lucia didn't trust the woman as far as she could kick her. Namely, because the beastkin talked an awful lot like her mother with similar mannerisms. She suppressed a scowl.

Talio appeared, a thankful distraction. However, Hysydice seemed to be diving headfirst into whatever scam the mysterious woman was running.

"Good day to you as well Sakura, and yes, the soap is quite lovely Talio. Perhaps you should advertise some of your wares to our compatriot," Lucia suggested, referring to Hyss before turning her attention back to the cat. "Well, the young man was not entirely correct. The guildmistress is absent, as I've heard is not all that unusual. Lady Valdergeuse is overseeing in her absence. Of course, whether you must suffer her existence depends entirely on the purpose of your visit. Perhaps I may aid in directing you, Lady..." She trailed off with a small smile, leaving room for the woman's introduction, if she had any manners. "Ah, where is my courtesy. I am Lucia Corinna Edelgarde."

TreasureSniper TreasureSniper Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko AnonyMouse AnonyMouse

Last edited:
1679662293940.png
Interaction: Stranger ( AnonyMouse AnonyMouse ) Hysydice, ( Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko ), Lucia ( EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen ), Sakura ( Topless Topless ) Lori ERode ERode
The Snakekin's response was rather...strong and abrasive. Talio was tempted to comment on her behavior but decided against it as there were more pressing matters to attend to. Though he did wonder why Lucia was recommending the soap so strongly to Hysydice. Was she trying to imply that the snake smelt unpleasant?

As curious as he was about this stranger, Talio of all people would know the importance of punctuality and as such he knew he would need to steer this conversation elsewhere. "Hello, Lori . You're right. I am sure we'll have plenty of time to discuss and "flirt" once we have finished our appointment with Arien. "That being, he was still really curious as to what the lady's relationship was with Miss Cephilia. If she was a nemesis, then perhaps she too had some formidable skills in her arsenal, be it manatek or otherwise. "Lupa, Endy. Its good to see that both of you are well." Talio greeted his teammates with his usual smile, happy to see that they were healthy. "As much as I would like that to be the case, it is very unlikely." Hedwig. Hopefully had some answers to what had happened at his warehouses. While his pay was significant, Talio would argue that finding out what actually took place in those warehouses would be more satisfying. "And good day to you as well, Sakura."

Turning to the mysterious lady, he decided to try his luck in persuading her to enter the guild hall with them. Talio would make a suggestion to the lady, hoping that he would kill two birds with one stone, and arrive at their meeting point on time while also satisfying his curiosity about this lady. "Why don't you come with us Lady? Once we've finished our business there, we'd be more than happy to hear what type of aid you require. With any luck, you might even find a greater selection of adventurers to choose from. " If her "quest" was an important one, then she would likely want to choose the best team of adventurers she could get.

Her comment about Miss Cephilia was an odd one, but then again, her personality could have rub her the wrong way. Either way, the two must have had some sort of history with one another. "While you don't seem fond of Miss Cephilia, I am sure she is more than capable of handling whatever problems you need help with." Whether like said person or not, as long as they served their purpose, there was no reason to turn them away. At least that was how Talio operated. The merchant was preparing to leave and had towards the guildhall, regardless of whether the women agreed to do so., though he would stay long enough to hear her answer.

Last edited:

"Whatever storm may brew, we won't be blown away. We're firm, like strong, enduring trees. Or at least I won't be," Hysydice said, but the way her eyes flicked to her two companions suggested she was mostly speaking of herself and wasn't sure if they were up to the task.

Those who do not bend, break, the woman thought, her eyes narrowing at the girl, though the playful smirk remained upon her lips. She did not voice these thoughts, for she feared they would go over the girl's head and be pervceived as yet another threat. The girl's bearing and tone attempted to present herself as formidable and confident, but between the lines, her true nature could be seen. And one need not look hard to see it.

This one won't work... at least, not in the way I would like, the feline beastfolk thought as she smiled down at this creature. The more this little girl puffed up her chest, the weaker she looked, and was all the more amusing for it.

Unsurprisingly, the woman's declaration that she was Cephilia's 'archnemesis' sent the girl spiraling. If she felt inadequate before, she felt truly threatened now... as intended. "What do you want?" she hissed, more darkly this time.

"Hmm..." she pondered, before saying, in a teasing tone, "All I want is for you to tell me what I want."

Fortunately, another beastkin arrived to rescue her. A vulpine young lady, covered in silvery fur from head to toe, arrived in their midst. Ah, is this the one I heard about? The woman's first impression was that this girl would be even more out-of-her-depth than the scaly one but, to her surprise, the fox proved to have impeccable manners. She was no blushing debutante, but she was at least not a savage.

"Good day, Hyss, Lucia, Talio. What has brought you all here in the guild?" She said to her comrades as she approached, before turning to their guest. "And who might you be, Miss? I'm Sakuranbo Suzui, but you can call me Sakura for short."

"Well met, Sakura," the woman said with a slight bow and her left hand pressed to her bosom. She even tipped her hat, allowing a peek at the pair of cat ears hidden beneath it... in addition to her human ones, which had been visible all along. "I am... charmed by the hospitality of your peers." She had every intention of naming herself, but watching them squirm was just so fun!

"Well, the young man was not entirely correct," the elf said, cutting in. Perhaps she, too, did not think her companions could handle themselves. "The guildmistress is absent, as I've heard is not all that unusual. Lady Valdergeuse is overseeing in her absence. Of course, whether you must suffer her existence depends entirely on the purpose of your visit. Perhaps I may aid in directing you, Lady..."

"De Luna," she said, plainly.

"Ah, where is my courtesy. I am Lucia Corinna Edelgarde."

Edelgarde...? oh, now this is gettting juicy. My oh my... The glint of mischief returned to her eyes, with renewed vigor, as she wondered where this might fit into her schemes, how best to position this new piece on the board.

Thankfully, the chirping of a rather tall female bird-kin briefly interrupted this exchange, giving the woman precious seconds to strategize and not look too Machiavellian as she did so. The leggy bird informed Talio he would be late if he didn't cease these 'flirtations,' but did not stop. She continued on into the guild hall, leaving things much as they were. After a brief exchange with the passing girl, whom he greeted as Lori, Talio said they could continue these flirtations after his meeting with Arien.

"No... I don't think I will," the woman said in response to his invitation to step inside. "How could I possibly keep you from your work? Duty calls, young man. I am flattered you find me so... captivating... but you simply must go," she said, shooing him away with a dainty flick of her wrist as a slight blush rose to her porcelain cheeks. "We can continue our 'flirtations' another time... perhaps, even, in private."

"But, where are my manners?"
she said, looking to Edelgarde once more, with an apologetic smile before offering her hand. The woman's long slender fingers were adorned with heavy rings, laden with gems and precious metals, and looked as if they hadn't seen dirt or manual labor in years. Everything about her stood in stark contrast to the toned and armored Caskarieth.

"Rhoschanna De Luna, the Lunar Enchantress, at your service," she said, sweeping them all up in her gaze. "The Witch and I go a ways back, but who said I am not 'fond' of her?" she remarked coyly. "Cece is, to me, what a fine blade is to a whetstone, or vice versa. I have arrived for I have need of her sharpness, and, whether she sees it or not, she has need of me," she said with a slight, proud inclination of her head as she spread her hands in grandiose invitation. "For it seems she has grown dull in her faux-retirement, and that simply will not do. A guild hall is no more... yet here you stand, idle. Kaira's absence comes as no surprise, for inaction was never her way... even at times when it ought be." She grinned. "That, dear friends, is where I come in. I have seen the storm, read the winds, and present myself before you, to prophesize which way they blow... all while your 'fearless leader' buries her pretty little head in the sand."

Interaction(s): EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen (Lucia) / Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko (Hyss) / TreasureSniper TreasureSniper (Talio) / Topless Topless (Sakura)
Mentions: ERode ERode (Lori) / Reinhardt Reinhardt (Arien / Kaira)

"Whenever I want?" Falco said, with a sly smile. He knew what she meant. And she knew he knew what she meant. But that did not stop the boy's mind from wandering down its usual avenues and backalleys... and right into the gutter. "I won't drop by unnanounced," he added to reassure her her privacy would remain intact.. but also as a small warning to himself not to overstep boundaries with the one girl he actually felt totally comfortable around..

However, his ears pricked up when she spoke of writing home. Thea's life prior to joining the guild was not something she spoke of in great detail. He only knew the broad strokes. For some reason, he had begun to assume her relationship with her family was on the rocks, as if she'd joined the Guild to prove something to them or to herself or make up for some inadequacy, as if this was all a big trial to gain their approval.

Admittedly, these assumptions were mostly due to his own misconceptions about how knighthood and military families operated. But, also, it did not seem, to him, that people with healthy home lives ended up here. Every Kriegslowen he encountered left him wondering what bend in the road of life led them to don the crest and take the oath. But, as she spoke of writing home, he saw no fear or hesistancy, just a desire to connect with the loved ones she had left behind. She was, in a word, 'fine.' Imperfect, of course, but fine.

"They can take care of themselves," he said, looking toward where the others were flocking around the noblewoman. He frowned. "Look, I ain't no expert on women --surprising, I know-- but I can spot an attention whore from a mile away," he said to Thea as Sakura joined the small crowd. The way the woman strutted and preened made it clear she was basking in all of this. With a slow shake of his head, Falco muttered under his breath, "C'mon, guys, stop feeding her. Geez."

"Anyway," he looked to Thea once more, "That's surprisingly sweet of you," Falco said, referring to why she had commissioned the figurines. "I mean, not that you aren't 'sweet' or anything, Thea, it's just that... well... I don't think enough people get to see that side of you. And, uhh, they should. It's nice." Having delivered the compliment without blowing it, he promptly changed the subject before he could chooke on his own foot:

"Hey, I write home every week! It's sort of a promise I made to my old man 'fore I left. If ya want it to get there fast and in one piece, I know just the folks! Gimme a holler once you've got your letter written and we can go drop it off together. Maybe, uh, grab some lunch, too?" Whoa now. Don't get carried away, you smooth talker! One step at a time. "Or not. I don't really care either way," he added, averting his gaze.

Interaction(s): RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun (Thea)

Last edited:
Thea Schuerer

~~~
Scoffing a bit at his first words, she crosses her arms and speaks tersely, "Don't make me reconsider that offer Falion." Looking back and the woman and crowd as Falco talked on the woman and his lack of experience with them, she snorts a little, keeping her arms crossed as her cape fluttered a bit in the breeze.

"The way she carries herself is that of noble society, yet I doubt she is one. No guards with her and even from here I can make out some of what she has is expensive. Even here there are fools that will attempt theft or worse. Yet she remains untouched and unconcerned, which means nobles are looking out for her. Curious who she is, but I can tell you with what training I had, she's the sort you let into the ballroom without the asking of an invitation, as she likely has twenty..."

Concluding she lets her arms back down to her sides, nodding in agreement. "Yes, I would assume all the ones there are saying the same things or a variation thereof." A funny twitch played out across her face at the mention of being sweet, or rather when the remarks started, it was how she normally got when family was brought up, though she did relent to telling him a bit more, and listening to the rest he had to say, about writing home, about who to have sending the parcel and an offer for lunch, with an almost amusing and childish way of saying that he didn't care if she said no.

"I have a mother, grandfather, and a brother, he's more of a toddler, so I had a replica of the hooktail for my own and a more simplistic toy for him. I plan to write of my adventures to them... For some time, I must continue forward, there is much work to be done by the grace of the Goddess." Continuing onwards, she gives a nod, recalling a bit of Falco's past. "I'm sure the letters are well welcomed. Though I cannot say you are likely remembered fondly given a few of the stories." She says with a chuckle. "I jest, still, I'm sure they look forward to it, seeing you becoming someone. None of us can escape our pasts, but we can determine what steps we take next."

It was then that she answered his question, a slight snort as she decided to not disappoint him. While she may have had no interest in a few things now and his quirks aside, the only person she trusted more from their induction group, or at least did things with was Lucia. Falco had not earned her scorn, "Hmm, very well. I see no reason to not have lunch after that. Though nothing fancy, if you wish to impress someone as a Lady I would say try with Lucia. In fact, where she lives now may surprise you. Though for now, I guess we could enter the guild from the back or just wait till the lady leaves. I plan to look for more work. Least I turn around to show you the Cabin. Though what of you? What were your plans?"

Interactions: Falco AnonyMouse AnonyMouse

Hysydice "Hyss" Maliss
hyss-banner2-png.999406

Thinking: "Hm. What does she know?"

Interacting: TreasureSniper TreasureSniper EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen AnonyMouse AnonyMouse

Hyss frowned under her mask. Playing games and speaking in riddles didn't help this woman. It was clear she wanted the aid of some adventurers from the guild. Not saying in what she needed help was was silly and only detrimental to her own cause. A thing Hyss couldn't possibly understand. Maybe she misread this person. Maybe this person didn't need anything, and was just around to cause trouble. Or perhaps, her 'need' wasn't imperative, making it not so much a 'need' at all.

Another had joined their band pulling her attention away from the woman, causing her glare and tone to soften. "Ah, Sakura. Good day," Hyss said in return, taking off her hood. Days were gone when she attempted to cutesify Sakura's name for a nickname. Now simply 'Sakura' was fine.

If she had caught the comment, tuning it out as unimportant, then Hyss would've wondered exactly what Talio did. After all, Hyss did buy basic amenities, and bathed regularly. She loved cleaning and preening her scales! One of the prides of being a lamia beastkin was the shine of his or her scales! A way to unwind and enjoy one's own time was maintaining one's scales! It was not just instilled in them from a young age, but it was basic instinct. The soap would only catch her attention if it made her scales even shinier than other soaps.

But that was neither here nor there. Lucia was attempting to be cordial with this um.. nemesis woman. Going about it in a nicer, more 'proper' way. A way in which Hyss didn't know, and probably should learn. But Hyss felt it was simply better to get to the right of things like this; especially if the person of interest had ill intent. But she still held her tongue, just to see what her allies could do, and where this would go. The cat woman seemed to only speak in riddles. And those weren't useful.

Talio, too, seemed to suggest leading her towards the proper authorities of the guild. Which, yes, probably was the correct avenue. But she had already turned away from the guild. Hyss had attempted to save this woman's interest. Maybe that had been a mistake.

"Lunar Enchantress..." the snake murmured, trying to place the title. Rhoschanna De Luna, the Lunar Enchantress. It sounded important, or at least it was spoken with enough fervor that it implied she was a woman of importance. More riddles and metaphors. That's how this woman spoke. But what she said next seemed to resonate a bit with Hyss, and she calmed down. It seemed the 'archnemesis' line from before was nothing more than metaphorical hyperbole. Well.. that was alright then. Frankly, Hyss liked what the woman said, and felt it, too, was needed about the place. She heard the various rumors and mutterings of the people of the city. Someone finally wanted to do something about it? Sounded like a good start.

"You know more about this? What do you know? Or can you tell us your prophecy?" Hyss asked.

Celandine-5.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lucia eyed the woman as she spoke. The more she spoke, the less the Caskarieth trusted her, and when the woman spoke her name and title, it cemented her suspicions. Rhoschanna De Luna, The Lunar Enchantress. The two hadn't met, but Lucia had heard of her. She spent much of her time within aristocratic circles and appeared and disappeared on whim. Some postured the superstition that the woman was much like a black cat. One thing was for sure, the woman reminded her of her mother, and now Lucia knew why.

Seeing as her attempts at subtlety were lost on those around her, Lucia remembered who she was dealing with.

Taking the woman's hand in greeting, Lucia returned the polite smile. "A pleasure... Regardless, if Lady Valdergeuse is whom you would see, she will be inside or at her place of residence. I'm sure she will value your foresight, even if she does not verbalize it."

The woman was speaking a lot, of the destroyed guild, of complacency and failure. This woman was up to something, and while she had attempted to keep Hysydice from being manipulate, the girl was digging herself a hole that she wouldn't be able to dig out of. Subtlety didn't work and Lucia wasn't going to lose in this exchange by breaking character so to speak.

"Unfortunately, I must bid you farewell for the moment. I must return to deciding upon what quests I will spend the day pursuing," Lucia said with a small curtsy, giving nod to the others before she began walking in the direction of Thea and Falco. "Good day, Fallion and Thea. Would either of you care to partake in a quest with me?"

However, as she drew closer to them and out of ear shot of the cat, Lucia spoke in a more hushed tone. "At the very least I hope neither of you will so readily dig yourselves under as the rest..." She remarked with hands on her hips, referring to the others that seemed to be hanging off the woman's words.

RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun AnonyMouse AnonyMouse Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko TreasureSniper TreasureSniper Topless Topless

1679833813795.png
Interaction: (Arien) Reinhardt Reinhardt , (Rhoschanna De Luna) AnonyMouse AnonyMouse

Right before leaving, he made sure to stay long enough to listen to the stranger's name and some other....interesting details. He wasn't sure what to think of it at the time as he had so little time to process everything. She had some very "strong" opinions about the current status of the guild. While it was not his place to comment on such things, he didn't the guild was doing that bad. "Very well, Miss Luna. I look forward to seeing you soon. Please excuse me." Was all Talio said before making his way to the meeting point? Although the tone was polite, his eyes had a slight hint of suspicion and distrust in them, almost as if he was sizing her up if she would be some sort of problem later down the line. And yet, there was a also small grin of excitement that accompanied him. Only time will tell.

Seeing his "favorite" poker-faced senior, he walked towards him with a respectful bow and greeting. "Hello, Arien. Apologies for being slightly late, I had an interesting encounter." He was of course not really late at all, but always made it a habit to appear 15 minutes early. In this case, he was only 5 minutes early. "What's our agenda for the day? More warehouses need to be inspected perhaps?" While it was that difficult of a job, he was really hoping for something a bit more out of excitement. But then again, even the warehouse inspection went south real quick with unexpected "excitement". "Oh and speaking of warehouses, did they find anything substantial in the investigation?" Honestly, he was expecting a direct answer. Though whatever answer he was willing to give, the merchant would likely be able to tell the importance of such information especially if they chose to keep it confidential.

A low pur escaped her lips as the Caskarieth girl took her hand. She knew a daughter of the Edelgarde lineage had come down to join Kriegslowe, but she never expected to run into her here. Nevermind the growing storm. This was a fortuitous wind. However, the way the girl swiftly detatched herself from this encounter made it clear Roschanna's work was cut out for her.

None of these people trusted her... which was to be expected. She was only feeling them out, seeing how they handled themselves, and if they could be of use to her. For some, the answer was a resounding 'yes.' For others... well, I shall find a use for you too, sweetling,' she thought as she met the snake girl's eager eyes. Aggressive one moment, curious the next. But even wild cards have their place in the deck.

After Talio and Lucia departed, the woman seemed to relax slightly. "But I have already said too much," she said, when the girl asked of her 'prophecy.' "These are not things to be discussed in the open." She appeared to think on this for a moment, gazing at the guild hall's entrance as she did so, even though her mind was already made up. Sometimes, it is best to slow things to their pace.

"Who is on duty?" she inquired. "Is Arien manning the desk? What a strapping young man," she crooned. "Or, ooh, ooh, is it that adorable little girl!? The quiet one with the glasses? The poor thing, I gave her quite the fright last time I dropped by. I couldn't possibly impose upon her again," she said, her cheeks turning many shades of pink.

"Perhaps I will see the town for a bit. I've some light shopping to do and perhaps swing by CeCe's place later," she said. "Unless you two wish to show me around, hmm? Or let me tag along as you go about your duties? I am interested in watching Kriegslowen at work. I swear, I won't be a bother. You won't even know I'm here."

Interaction(s): EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen (Lucia) / Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko (Hyss) / TreasureSniper TreasureSniper (Talio) / Topless Topless (Sakura)
Mentions: Reinhardt Reinhardt (Arien)

Who needs bodyguards when you've got a wall of Kriegslowen around you? Falco thought as Thea gave her assessment of the woman who behaved like nobility, but lacked an entourage. His own theory was much the same as Thea's: she's not actually nobility... but certainly close enough to be problematic, which is the real reason Falco bowed out. Sure, attractive women put him on edge, but there was more to it than that. I know when something's way above my pay grade, he concluded.

"Heh, relax, I'm not trying to 'impress you as a Lady,'" he said in reply to Thea's acceptance of his offer. "Just trying to spend some time with a friend... preferably not in a rainforest or a sewer or covered in plant slime. Though, to be fair, you wear the grime and slime quite well... my lady," he teased, with a mocking bow.

However, another thing she said brought an annoyed scowl to his face. "Enter from the back!? What?" he retorted. "My 'plans' were to deliver that to you, then go grab some quests together --if you're down for it-- and I ain't gonna let some big titty kitty get in the way of that!" At the mention of massive mammaries a random passerby on the street glanced in their direction, with a look of indignation, as if breasts should not be spoken of in public. Think of the children!

Glancing back at the subject of his ire once more, he saw her attractive pull was waning. Talio ejected himself from her orbit and managed to not burn up on re-entry. Lucia also gracefully broke off, but only after shaking the cat's hand, which suggested hers was not a retreat, but an amicable departure. Talio entered the guild hall, but the eyepatched Caskarieth was now headed toward Falco and Thea, leaving Hyss and Sakura alone with their fellow beastkin. Hard to tell whose more savage there, Falco thought. I swear, if they start comparing tails...

"Lucia! Awesome timing!" Falco said, brightening as she joined them. "Done already? I figured she'd be more your speed... seeing as how she's not a 'peasant.'" He prayed to all the gods above and below that his shit-eating grin would show he was only kidding and meant no harm. Please don't hit me! "Anyway, we were, uhm, just about to do that! The questing, I mean, not... whatever's going on over there. Care to make it a threesome?" Innuendo unintended, for once. "Between the two of us, I think we can safely escort Lady Schuerer past the beast guarding the guild's front door. Feel free to cling to me if you're frightened, Thea." Was there such a thing as too much teasing? Of course not.

Interaction(s): RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun (Thea) / EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen (Lucia)

A familiar blue bird hovered above Arien as he chatted with the current receptionist, a beacon to those who have yet to familiarize themselves with the seemingly presence-less Kriegslöwe. The past few days, ever since Cephilia's "emergency" meeting, Arien had found himself beyond the guildhall's confines most of the time, patrolling the streets of Tylsen as he melded amidst the passing crowds and investigating any semblance of clue he could find. Today was one of the few rare times where he could, no, he had to spend more time in the guildhall.

Turning to the voice of Endymion as the young Kriegslöwe greeted him with a jest, Arien gave a short nod to acknowledge his arrival. "Endymion.", he uttered. "On the contrary, you are early. Early is good. Make it a habit."

Contrary to his established image, Arien had started to speak much less cordially. Though it was the same old stoic Arien, anyone familiar enough would take note of the minor differences that have subtly started to emerge. Arien's gaze went past the young lad before him, eyeing an approaching duo from a distance, followed by a familiar Valgemian - each one given a nod of acknowledgment upon their arrival.

"Not quite, Talio. For today, we shall be partaking in something...ceremonial.", he answered the merchant's queries. "As for Mister Heine's warehouses, nothing substantial has been found. However, the investigation is still underway. The results may very well change for the better, given time."

Arien gazed at the gathered Kriegslöwen before him in silence, like he was assessing them as he did in their first meeting. Abruptly, he gave them an instruction. "Let us proceed. Follow me."

The senior Kriegslöwe led the group to one of the many briefing rooms across the main hall. With an aged metal door as its entrance, a few wooden seats, and a small platform at the front, this room was focused more on providing function than form. Small enough to hold about ten people, and showing signs of wear, this room was clearly something that had been here for a long time now - granted it has been maintained to its best possible state without much alteration.

"Sit down.", he gestured over the seats as they all entered the room.

Once they were all in place, Arien stepped up the platform and began to speak.

"When I call your name, stand up, approach, and surrender your guild badge, as well as your Arcanizer.", the usual stoicism he possessed and the lack of change in his tone made it seem ominous, almost as if this was a dismissal ceremony and not the contrary. Almost.

"Endymion Aurelimere.", he uttered. Once the young lad had complied, Arien's gaze would fall before him. "For fulfilling your duty as Kriegslöwe and your wise decision-making in the face of unprecedented danger...", Arien gently placed his hand over the young man's shoulder, a gesture of pride. "...with the approval of the acting guildmaster, you are henceforth promoted to E rank."

"Congratulations.", the senior Kriegslöwe added, as he returned Endymion's guild badge, but not his Arcanizer, and presented to him a small parchment. "As per tradition, your Arcanizer will have one of its slots unlocked, which will be accompanied by a Zauberite of your choice. You may write down your choice here." Once that was done, Arien would nod and gesture for him to take a seat.

"Lupa Kirstav.", he continued. Again, once she had complied, Arien's gaze would fall on her. "For fulfilling your duty as Kriegslöwe and your display of exemplary camaraderie...", he gave her a silent nod of approval. "...with the approval of the acting guildmaster, you are henceforth promoted to E rank."

"Congratulations.", Arien would then, do the same - handing back her guild badge but not her Arcanizer, and presenting her a small parchment, with the same instruction as before. Once Lupa was finished, he would proceed.

"Talio Ferrumanus.", he would call out and wait for the merchant to do as the others did. "For fulfilling your duty as Kriegslöwe and your display of bravery despite the costs...", he offered him a handshake. "...with the approval of the acting guildmaster, you are henceforth promoted to E rank."

"Congratulations.", He would say as the handshake went through. Like the others, he would hand back his guild badge, but not his Arcanizer, and present him a parchment with which he gave write down his Zauberite of choice.

"And finally, Lori Delivery.", Arien said. Once the young beastfolk complied, he would continue. "For fulfilling your duty as Kriegslöwe and surviving a predicament well beyond your standing...", he would attempt to pat her head, despite the height leverage that the young lass would have. "...with the approval of the acting guildmaster, you are henceforth promoted to E rank."

"Congratulation.", Arien would do the same - returning her guild badge and presenting her a parchment to write down her choice, but not handing back her Arcanizer.

Once everyone was finished with their decisions and back to their seats, he would speak once more. "As E-rank Kriegslöwen, we expect you to uphold the image befitting that of the guild's reputation. Remember that as long as you carry those badges and as long as you are part of the guild, you carry its name wherever you go. I understand there may be rumors about the guild that has been spreading like wildfire lately, but as long as the guild has yet to make an official statement about it, I highly suggest you pay it no mind."

With their Arcanizers in tow, alongside the parchment they have filled up, Arien stepped down off the platform. "You may retrieve your Arcanizers at the reception desk once the process is finished."

He opened the door and turned to give them one final look before he went off. "That is all. Dismissed."

Interaction/s: Endymion ( lunar_moth lunar_moth ), Lori ( ERode ERode ), Lupa ( Silver Wolf Silver Wolf ), Talio ( TreasureSniper TreasureSniper )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back