• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Tales of Raeligard

Thea Schuerer

Suddenly as it began was it all over, it seemed her follow up order was not needed, the beast was dead. Or the plant rather. With Sen's opening remarks, Thea shook the blow off, as the true Esservine gave them a short reprieve. Even as a few tendrils off on the edges seemed to be moving and searching, this was totally something else, they had purned a part, but had they made things better? No matter. "Aye, I'm alive, though I'm going to need to hammer part of my plate out. Sakura, over here! Any others needing healing as well. I fortunately did not get much of that gas, pollen, whatever it was." Putting her blade against her right side, resting the hilt against her shoulder, Thea awaited the rest to join them, looking at the dead body, she picked up her sword, getting closer for a better look, it reminded her of a drowned body that was then slightly burned with acid. Which was more or less what he was, a gruesome fate. However, he was well and truly dead, nothing could be done and the sight of him was not enough to scare off the girl.

"Huh... His hands are too clean to be from around here or to know hard work... Hmm. I don't like this. This camp as well is a bit too convenient. " Looking up at Sen as the other said this was the end of the line for them, that they were on a ragged edge, Thea's face grimaced a little, while one may have expected that she would want to argue the situation, she in fact did no such thing.

"No, you are right. This is something beyond us. I wish it were not, but I will not throw away our lives for a bit of pride. We must get this information out and see to it that the Mayor keeps other people from here. I would like to look for clues, but simply put, we have no idea what to look for and will just get in the way of an actual investigation team. We should make ready to move at once, that thing is still out there. Back the way we came, avoid the river."

There were however two more things on the Knight's mind, first was the man in question. "Do we leave his body here or burn him? Aurelia's tenants demands we put the body to rest, in the ground or by the torch, however he may be needed for whoever comes to investigate, what do we do?" And then for the second, she turns her attention on the Caskarieth, well the one with the gauntleted claw, covered partially in goo from the plant.

"Good Job Lucia... The same to all the rest as well, we did what we sat out to do, even if just in part. Come for your healing, we need to be about this fast and get a report to Tylsen." With that Thea holds out both hands, waiting for Sakura and whoever else, starting the incantation to start her spell. She would perform Soothing Waters on any and all who needed it, but did so in a hurry, the longer they were here the greater the danger and risk.

Interactions: EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko AnonyMouse AnonyMouse Topless Topless

Celandine_2.png

How long did Sakura had clawed her way through the vines? It felt like forever to her as much as she knows. And then she heard someone calling her out. It was Thea, who called her to give her some healing. All of the open cuts that Sakura had accumulated from clawing the vines have already caught up to her. Sakura said nothing...because her tongue was pierced by thorns because she bitten off some of them in her frenzy.

Slowly, Sakura approached Thea, her wounds dropping blood like a waterfall. Her vision has started to go blurry and it appeared that she is slowly getting weaker with every step. But she cannot pass out right now. She needed to get to Thea because she knows that healing spell, even if it isn't much. By the time she got to her, she unconsciously leaned over with her head resting on her shoulder. "...D-Do...it..." She whispered in spite of the thorns in her tongue digging itself further which would have hindered her speech.

AnonyMouse AnonyMouse Reinhardt Reinhardt RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko

Celandine-5.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

The hacking and slashing continued, until the last of the vines ceased their postmortem flailing and rapidly decayed. Lucia gave pause, wondering if it was truly over. When Sen called for everyone's condition, the younger Caskarieth took that as a sign that it was. She breathed a sigh of relief. The fatigue from the lack of quality sleep and the trek itself seemed to be hitting her all at once now. Leaning down, she rested her hands on her knees to prop herself up. Shaking her head a bit, the gasses were also making her a bit light-headed. Though, with a few moments rest she stood back to full stature, not wanting herself to appear disheveled.

"I am fine," Lucia answered to Sen's call, watching as the other elf approached them.

After a bit of back and forth with Falco, who was still riding his high as well, they turned their attention to the body. It was mostly in tact, which Sen didn't seem to like. When she said this wasn't the heart, Lucia's eye widened a bit in surprise.

"S-Sub-heart?!" She repeated. There were more of these things? Bigger? Not a problem for them to solve, but still.

Sen called it a win, yet while they were alive and that was certainly something to be happy about, the fact they were leaving with more questions than answers didn't sit right with her. Not that she believed they could uncover those answers as is, but still. She let out another sigh, this one less in relief and more of exasperation.

"We can allow the investigators to handle the burial rights after they can see if they can gleam anything from him... There is nothing saying he must be put to the torch immediately," Lucia stated, before being taken aback by the sudden compliment from Thea. It seemed to turn the noble a bit bashful, or at least silent somewhat. "...I've only some scratches. Mostly I'll need some rest in a real bed."

@Team A

Thea Schuerer

As Sakura came over, Thea felt the other impacting her and gazed upon the woods. Fortunately, none of them were too serious, but the sheer number and scale of the surface level cuts was something else, more so as she was bleeding from the mouth as well. What the hells? "By Aurelia... Why did you go so far as to bite the damnable plant?" Either way she had taken significant damage in terms of blood loss. Her magic was able to heal the surface level damage, but it was just all over. Still, this was her job.

The question was where to start, given her whispers the mouth would be as good as any, with the head and eyes, provided she didn't panic or bite her, or whatever it was barbarians from the wilds did. "Do not move, or talk, just hold your breath, I am unsure how well this will work, but try it I must." With that she holds out her left hand as the Zauberite and Arcanizer glowed a soft blue. "Waters of life, heed my call, mend that which is broken! Soothing Waters!" A ball of water forms at the base of Thea's hands and engulfs Sakura's face and inside her mouth for a brief few seconds, as Thea called the water back with some fractured bits of wooden thorns, the spell breaks apart and fades into nothingness. "You may talk or breathe now."

With the wounds sealing as they did with Hyss earlier in the day, Thea calls the spell a second time, aiming for some of the more serious cuts on her right hand. "Waters of life, grant thy power and aid! Soothing Waters!" It was then as these wounds heal that Thea's mouth shifted a little, as she called out for the former bandit.

"Sen! Do you have any spare medical supplies or a better healing spell? I can bandage up some of her, but not all of it and to cast my spell to fix her by and large, I'll need to do this about a Dozen times. I doubt that the Esservine will be so kind as to let me heal her then whoever else needs it. If we can get her out of here, I can do the rest then, but I dare not take someone bleeding through the trees in hopes that plant has killed or ran off everything that may be interested."

Turning her attention to Lucia, her jaw clenching a bit. "It is a shame we must leave him like this, but the answers his body may give will be vital for what team is dispatched to deal with the true threat."

Interactions: EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko AnonyMouse AnonyMouse Topless Topless

hyss-banner2-png.999406

Currently: Fight over
Thinking: "I need some new wind spells..."

Interacting:
Mentions:

Catching her returning glaive, which was covered in plant muck after severing even more vines, Hyss narrowed her eyes, clearly irritated by that remark. I'm not a dumbass. And to think, she was actually going to talk to Sen about the fact she was throwing her shield - much like a glaive. And throwing it well. And commiserate over that. Oh yeah, Hyss had noticed, and thought it was impressive, but after a comment like that? No dice.

She glanced over at Thea, nearly unable to believe what she had just heard. Isn't that exactly what Thea had done and decided in the first place, which led them all here? Well, maybe she came to her senses after experiencing the threat firsthand, and after having noticed how long the mission was. And how it was exhausting her troops.

Hyss held up her own arms to inspect them, feeling the sudden impact from her own accumulated wounds and exhaustion. She had taken quite a few surprising cuts and bruises here or there. The blood that leaked from cut scales, in particular, was surprising. Those were some deadly sharp vines of all things -- able to cut through her scales. And she had that little excursion which took most of her energy -- the latter half the fight she had been fighting on fumes. The Beastkin walked over, next in line behind the fox Beastkin, to get some healing. Her own wounds being a bit minor and superficial, so she figured Thea's heal would be good here. But doubted Thea's heal could do anything about the exhaustion she felt in her bones.

Oooorrr.. perhaps not? It seemed Thea was preoccupied with healing Sakura at the moment -and it wasn't as simple as casting the healing spell to do so. Hyss dropped her arms, slumping a bit. This took a bit of weight off her, alleviating some of the ache. She sighed softly, and then diverted to her own devices. There was fresh blood seeping from her own cuts. Looks like it was up to her to tend to her wounds. As she walked a bit away, Hyss glanced at the dead body laying there, and wrinkled her nose under her mask. Pitiable person, whoever he was. But she doubted he was the only victim, as morbid as that was.

"Agreed. We touch nothing. We burn nothing. We bury nothing," Sen said, folding her arms when Lucia spoke of leaving the body as it is. The firmness of her tone suggested Sen would not be moved on this matter. The only reason she hadn't clapped back before the other elf could speak was because she had paused a moment to compose herself, lest her response be an explosive string of expletives. Despite what some might believe, Sen did put a tinyl bit of effort into not being a guttermouthed scoundrel. And she was getting better at it, little by little.

"The best healing is a stiff drink... and I ain't had one o' those in a hot minute, so let's get a move on," the Syrieth growled, clearly growing impatient as the knight called others to her for healing.

Sen took a moment to sloppily gob some foul-smelling salve on her own minor cuts and scrapes and clean her knife for what she hoped was the last time. With such trivialities out of the way, she began skulking around the perimeter, as she often did when she became restless. As expected, there were still subtle traces of living vines to the east, suggesting the esservine still lived somewhere deeper in. Much like their encounter at the riverside, the adventurers were now on the edge of its territory once more and probably safe for the moment, so long as they did not venture beyond this point.

Sen circled around the ruined shack, but did not venture inside. It looked no different from a typical hunter's shack or logger's refuge, built from wood one might find in the area. But the age of said wood suggested its construction and collapse far predated what had taken place here and likely dated back to logging operations from long, long ago, before Oyten became the central hub. However, it was badly charred in one place and still smelled faintly of smoke. Sen tuned away from it, lest her mind begin to conjudre ideas. Leave it to the smart folks, she told herself, just as Thea addressed her. It seemed the knight's beginner-level healing spell was insufficient.

With an annoyed sigh, the Syrieth trudged over to the knight and fox, fetching some bandages and more of the smelly salve from her travel pack along the way. The scaly, hooded girl was walking away from the knight, placing them on a trajectory to pass one another. Sen's eyes lingered on Hyss for a moment, as if considering tending to her first, but this scenario was painfully similar to their encounter the previous day. A small part of her wanted to offer aid... but a much greater part knew that if this petulant child swatted her hand away one more time they would almost certainly come to blows. Her wounds did not appear to be life-threatening. With that in mind, she averted her eyes as they passed.

She reached Thea and the fox in short order. The boy was there, too, standing by with puppy-dog eyes as if the fox were on her deathbed. Ugh, everyone's so fucking dramatic around here, Sen thought as she gripped the fox by her snout. "Hold still. Open up," she said, turning the beastkin's head to the left, then the right, inspecting her wounds and the inside of her maw, with the 'gentle touch' of a hardened field medic. "Dunno what all the fuss is about. She'll live. Ya did well enough, knight," she concluded after an admittedly brief diagnosis, before grabbing Sakura's hand and placing the salve in her furry palm. "Spread some o' that on the cuts, so they don't get infected. It's gonna sting, but that's good. It'll toughen ya up, put some hair on your... fur, or whatever.".

Sen stepped back and pocketed the bandages, deciding they would not be needed. "Elf! Snake! Get o'er here," she said, gesturing for the two girls to move in. "I don't do group heals or none of that shit. I look like a fuckin' priestess to ya? But I do know a l'il somethin' to freshen ya up. Sit tight..." she said as she pressed a palm to her chest and began to mutter a lengthy incantation under her breath. She closed her eyes and focused, suggesting this one actually took a bit of effort and wasn't in her typical repertoire. After a few seconds of relative silence, Sen raised her hands skyward, as if offering up a prayer to the heavens and, a moment later, a pulse of blue light burst forth.

For a moment, nothing seemed to happen, but everyone within range began to feel... better. Warmer. Less tired. Slightly more clear-of-mind. It healed nothing, but gave them all a second wind, ready to carry on the fight... or at least walk back from whence they had come without collapsing or dragging their feet.

Everyone except Sen. She slumped for a moment, resting her hands on her knees. But, even when she was clearly strained, the Syrieth refused to be seen as weak. She straightened a moment later, af if she weren't affected at all. "Let's go, 'fore that wears off," he said and began to walk, without waiting for anything resembling acquiesence. "Long as we don't dally, we be back in town by sundown... just in time to turn the fucking pub upside down! Drinks on me! Erm, first drink. Y'all figure the rest out yerselves, I ain't made o' feln ya know."

Despite having appeared worn down a moment ago, her tone was one of excitement as she added: "Can't call yourself a proper Kriegslowe 'til you get shitfaced in the town you just saved, haha. And they have 'real beds,' Laaaaady Edelgarde," she added, glancing over her shoulder to wag a finger at Lucia. Sensing an impending protest from the knight, she quickly added: "We'll go see Johnson in the morning and be on the landferry by noon-ish. It'll be fine. The troops have at least earned a night's rest 'fore hoppin' back on the iron hoss, don't ya think, drill sargeant?"

Interaction(s): RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun (Thea) / EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen (Lucia) / Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko (Hyss) / Topless Topless (Sakura)

Celandine_2.png

"T-Thea, d-don't worry. I-I'm just...f-fulfilling my du-duty is all." This was all Sakura could say before Thea casted her healing spell, patching up her wounds and removing the splinters stuck on her tongue and the rest of her mouth. It might not be enough, but it should at least make her a bit better once everything has wrapped up.

Speaking of which, Sen went up to her and did a rather gentle diagnosis before giving her something to mend her wounds. "Thank you..." She said to the Syrieth and proceed to spread some of the salve onto her wounds. She was right about the stinging, but Sakura can muscle it through until all is done.

AnonyMouse AnonyMouse Reinhardt Reinhardt RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko

Thea Schuerer

Watching Sen's magic at work, Thea was a bit impressed, though she was right, such minor wounds did not always need treatment. With that in mind she reaches into her side pack, it seemed they all had gained a second wind... If Magic could do this, then could she gain a spell that would anger an enemy towards her in the form of a taunt? Or did she have to learn another means? It was a question for another time, that being said... "Hyss." With that she threw over a collection of ointment, bandages and alcohol. "Use that for now, if your flesh needs mending once we are back in Oyten I'll do additional healing there."

It was then her attention shifted back to the C-ranker. Snorting a little, the stern faced Knight looks at the rest in turn. Pausing for a bit to consider it, she nodded her head, removing her left hand from her pack, she holds it to the side. "Hmm... The Town we've saved. I wouldn't go quite that far. Though yes, the troops do deserve a break. Even this Man-at-arms has to agree. Not to mention I must get my armor repaired and may have a couple rounds of Ale, it may not show, but this weather has been hard on me."

With that she lifted her left hand and motions the way they had come. "Move out. Sen, if you don't mind?" The Journy back was less eventful, if not somewhat silent on Thea's end as she kept and eye and ear out for threats and the ever-present danger of the Esservine, till they got further along. Briefly Thea did consider stopping by the dormitory that proved somewhat to be of help, but the findings could be shared by the mayor and the hour was getting late and fatigue was setting in once more.

In all honesty, Thea was wanting the Inn Room as well, and a bath. As they finally reached the city gate at sundown. It had been a long and somewhat tiring journey with rain falling on them time to time and the oppressive heat and humidity a constant. But they had made it, Waving over one of the gate guards, Thea is quick to speak. "Inform the Mayor we'll see him in the morning to go over what we've discovered and accomplished, for now we'll be headed for the Inn, also if it is not too much to ask, send a runner to our transport as well, we aim to head out by noon on the morrow. Thank you."

With that said, she turns back to look at the others. "The coin is yours to do with as you please, but don't come asking for money should you foolishly spend it all. I shall not be long." With that said, Thea walked off towards the Inn, leaving the rest to their own devices.

Last edited:

As Arien listened to the recruits as they retold their encounter with the so-called bandit elves there was no visible change to his look, still the same old stoic face that he often held at the guildhall and most of the time that he had been with these recruits. But those with a very keen eye would notice a very subtle point within his gaze that could hint at what he thought of the whole thing - that such an unexpected encounter was not entirely something that was expected, but was anticipated among many other possibilities, regardless of how unlikely they may be.

Maybe these recruits are like lamps to moths, with unexpected danger and chaos gravitating toward their paths. Perhaps they have the natural talent for uncovering these things. Or it could simply be fate. Regardless, with the previous incident at the sewer and the inconsistencies with the reports from the Krafen branch, it became clear to Arien that something big is about to unfold - whether these events are linked to the recruits or not are yet to be confirmed, and though Arien is not one to doubt the next generation of Kriegslöwen, he is not one to throw away caution.

Once the recruits finished their retelling, Arien looked at them eye-to-eye. It was clear that they were exhausted, not merely from their looks, but from how they acted as well. These recruits had a difficult time facing a challenge they weren't prepared for at all, and one that was never even part of their quest. He stepped forward and gave them each a reassuring pat on the shoulder.

"You've done well.", he said, with his gaze eventually turning to the distant horizon where Heine Warehouse 6 was located, then back onto the recruits.

With a whispering chant, a green glow emerged from his chest, where his Arcanizer was evidently located. A small sprout emerged from the ground near the recruits and from it, emanated a subtle, warm glow. It gave off a calming scent, which helped ease the weariness that recruits felt, albeit to a minuscule degree.

"I will head to the final warehouse and look for Lori.", Arien continued as the glow on his chest finally faded away. "If you choose to, you may follow me, but I suggest you rest here."

His gaze landed on the unmanned carriage a little further from the area. "I presume our coachman and his horses are long gone." With a whistle, a brown, spotted bird perched on his extended arm. "Send word for a transport.", he told the bird, which flew immediately afterward with a chirp.

"Zest.", he said as he started to move onward to the next warehouse. "Scout the warehouse."

The blue bird responded with a chirp and flew off in the direction of Heine Warehouse 6. Arien followed shortly after casting the same spell he used to reach Endymion's location swiftly and gradually disappeared into the distant horizon. If any of the recruits were to follow him, they too, would receive the spell's blessing and eventually fade away in the distance.

Interaction/s: Cresslinde ( King Crimson King Crimson ), Endymion( lunar_moth lunar_moth ), Lupa ( Silver Wolf Silver Wolf ), Talio ( TreasureSniper TreasureSniper )

Celandine-5.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Pausing as Sen called out to her, Lucia approached wondering what she was up to. Pleasantly, she was surprised by the incantation, receiving a second wind as if having awoken from a good nap. The younger Caskarieth was noticeably more lively and spry, even with only her posture. The effect it had was clear.

"I almost feel as though I could fight another Esservine. Almost..." Lucia said, making clear it was in jest. "Thank you, Sen."

Smiling for the first time in a while, Lucia was eager to proceed to town, and the prospects suggested by their mentor only served to wet the palette. Food, drinks, and a real bed. Aside from a roof, that last one was likely priority one for her. She tilted her head at the former bandit with a knowing smirk.

"Indeed? You should try one Laaady Xchenzaerys. They are quite comfortable," She replied with an exaggerated, aristocratic tone and flip of the hair.

Upon reaching the town, Lucia followed after Thea for the Inn. She wanted her bath, drink, food, and bed. "I do wonder what wine they have..."

@Team A

1674823766865.png
Interaction: Arien Reinhardt Reinhardt
After explaining the situation to his senior, Talio stayed silent and was ready to listen to whatever orders he had for them. He noticed the lack of any strong emotional response from the man, almost as if such circumstances were not too extraordinary. Was this a common enough occurrence that Arien wasn't too surprised about? Merchants always like to take note of people's responses or lack thereof. Picking up on small shifts in expression, tone of voice, breathing, and eye movement, all of which were an important part of negotiating. Regardless, this was not the time to prod such topics, they still had a task to do.
With his shoulder pat of reassurance, and easing magic, Talio would feel slightly bit better about how things transpired. Though he would have preferred to be able to incapacitate and capture one of the intruders, he counted himself and his teammates lucky that they didn't suffer any long-lasting injuries or worse, death. Well, at least, not confirmed just yet, considering they have not confirmed Lori's status or whereabouts. "Thank you, Arien." Talio thanked Arien's words of praise. While he didn't know how truly "impressive" what they did was, surviving this short scuffle gave him an epiphany on how things should be handled in the future.

While lethality was still very much on the table in combat situations, he couldn't help but think such methods were much too easy and would likely results in some negative connotations down the line. He himself saw little value in keeping bandits alive, seeing them as nothing more than unnecessary expenses on his ledger. But the people of this land would likely beg to differ. He needed to find a better way of dealing with them without dirtying his hands, or at least not too much. These "people" that he faced earlier were able to achieve such a thing, through some sort of debilitating spell. "Some sleeping powder perhaps? Maybe Anesthetic gas? But then again, that method of delivery might not be the most efficient...." procuring the resource wasn't much of an issue, it was more so about how he could use it.

But now was not the time to ponder over such things, the mission comes first.
"I shall join you." despite only having one good arm, and being covered and bruises, Talio wanted to press on. He felt that he was partially responsible for allowing Lori to go to the next warehouse on her own. As such, it's only fair for him to find out what had happened to her.

hyss-banner2-png.999406

Currently: After mission lull
Thinking: "Hmm... I wonder what it's like to get 'shitfaced'. And why's it necessary to be a Kriegslowen?"

Interacting:
Mentions:

"You don't have to call me snake," Hyss remarked, stepping forward to watch the Syrieth's display. After which, she felt a bit of relief. Lifting her arms, Hyss noted that she felt a bit of her fatigue was alleviated. Huh, so the Syrieth wasn't all muscles, and didn't only focus on fighting. After all, why would a total brute have a heal-adjacent spell for allies? "Nifty spell," she said, 'neath her hood. That was about as close as a 'thank you' as Hyss would verbally espouse to Sen at that moment.

She glanced over, catching the thrown items in quick succession. Hyss peered at Thea. She had her own packed ointment and bandages, but nodded a thanks all the same. If Thea was providing generously, then Hyss had no issue with accepting. She took a brief moment to bandage up some of the more obvious wounds, and patch up the easier-to-reach cuts, just enough to make the walk back bearable.

Back in town, Thea gave them some coin. Then released them to their own devices for now, with the promise of relaying the report tomorrow, and of course, returning to Tylsen. Which was what they all needed, Hyss figured. Hm, she was left to do what she wanted. Sure, she was tired, but maybe Sen's spell worked a little too well, she still had a bit of energy left in the tank. Didn't that dumb barbarian express a desire to destroy some pub? Hm, perhaps she'd check it out.. Out of pure curiosity, of course. Snake pulled her hood down and trudged away.

When the eyepatched girl returned Sen's teasing remark with one of her own, the Syrieth smirked. She even came pretty damn close to nailing the pronounciation. Imagine that, she thought. The party appeared to be in good spirits and Lucia's remark was merely one small indication of that. Perhaps it was the spell she had cast or merely their relief at being 'done' with this whole ordeal, but Sen could sense they were ready to return home. Even if this matter wasn't entirely resolved, she had meant what she said: they did good and had earned their rest.

The trek back to town was rather uneventful and seemed to go by slightly faster than the walk into the woods had. Sporadic showers helped relieve them of some of the blood and grime they had accumulated in their battles, but paled in comparison to a proper bath... not that Sen was interested in that or these 'beds' the noble kept prattling on about. Then again, it probably wouldn't hurt to make herself presentable for the mayor and the landferry ride back to Tylsen.

"C'mon. Follow me. I know just the place," Sen said, taking the lead once more after Thea dispatched some guards to pass on a message and warned the others not to spend all of their newfound coin in one place. "This mudpit don't git too many travelers, but they've a decent enough waterin' hole, with a couple o' beds for rent and maybe a bath, if we're lucky," she commented as she led them down the rain-soaked main street, under the waning red-orange glow of a setting sun.

"What do ya mean 'maybe' a bath," Falco remarked, audibly disappointed by her choice of words.

"Most o' these places ain't even got indoor plumbin', city boy. So, don't get yer hopes up. Y'all probably gonna have to share," Sen said.

Falco's visage curled into a grotesque grin and his eyes glowed with mischief. "Nothin' wrong with that," he said. "I see this as a wonderful teambuilding exerc-"

A swift smack to the back of his scruffy head prevented him from carrying that thought to its glorious conclusion. "I meant you might have to take turns, dipshit. Don't ruin the mood by being a creepy virgin. I don't wanna have to beat your ass tonight," Sen scolded him as they arrived at the doorstep of the tavern. The establishment she led them to was fairly small, by most standards, but its tiny windows glowed with golden light. It was a heavily weathered two-story building with a wraparound porch and no name, simply an immaculately-carved board with the word 'Tavern' in flowing cursive script above the door and 'welcome' carved into the threshold. In a moment of uncharacteristically chivalrous behavior, Sen opened the door and gestured for them to enter, with a slight flourish and a bow.

"Gawd, it was just a joke," Falco grumbled under his breath as he side-eyed the elf and entered the tavern. Though, to be fair, Sen was likely joking as well... it's just her punchlines involved literal punching.

As he stepped through the door, he was greeted by a warmth which contrasted the town's rainy atmosphere. There was a bar but, behind it, stood a large hearth which dominated one end of the room, giving off a welcoming yellow glow and casting long, flickering shadows. There were manatech lanterns on the walls, but they paled in comparison to teh old-fashioned appeal of a real fire. It instantly brought a smile to Falco's face. This is what adventuring is! Traveling the world, fighting beasts and brigands, and then sharing a drink at strange taverns.

He began to remove his cloak as he and his companions stepped inside, nearly doubling the number of occupants within. With the exception of the tavern's proprietor, the room was mostly empty. Four working-class men were seated at the bar. Their backs were to the door, but they were clearly steeped in alcohol, clapping one another on the shoulders as they laughed at some unheard joke, and nearly tumbled from their barstools. For his part, the man behind the bar was stone-faced and cripplingly sober, but nodded politely as the Kriegslowen entered.

"Oi! Mr. Barkeep! Your strongest drink! And some beds for my friends to sleep it off!" Sen shouted, spreading her arms in a grand gesture, as she pushed through the rookies and marched upon the bar.

The laughter stopped. The bartender began to speak, but stopped short when his four patrons spun in their stools. Aw, fuck, Falco thought as familiarity struck him like a passing carriage: they were Jacobee loggers, including the particularly ornery one with the bruised face.

"Well, lookie what we 'ave here. Adventurers!" he slurred, welcoming them to the, umm... whatever this was. "You got some nerve showin' yer face here."

"You're one to talk, pal," Sen said, stifling a laugh.

The man pointed a finger at them all: "Y'all done wit' yer... bear hunt? Or were it a kitty cat? A wee l'il puppy?" He guffawed at what he was sure was an amazing joke and looked to his comrades to back him up, but his friends had already quietly returned to their drinks. This seemed to take the wind out of his sails and the man visibly wilted. "Whatever. Y-you kids are lucky I'm... busy... or I'd show ya what for," he warned.

"Not in here you won't," the bartender said, putting an end to that nonsense. His attention shifted to the elf who had shouted at him from across the bar. "Strongest drink, hmm? Okay. So, a shot of-"

"Tankard," Sen said as she settled into a seat at the bar and eagerly drummed her hands on its weathered wood top.

"No. One shot of Durgish Firebrand. Start there, lass, then we'll see," the man said, the wizened words of someone who's played this game before and knows it won't end well. "And what'll the rest o' ya have, hmm? First one's on the house, seein' as how y'all got this town back on its feet. Always glad to serve Kriegslowen." His words earned a grunt from Mr Punchyface. What was his name again?

While this was going on, Falco found a place to sit, not far from the bar. "Milady," he said as he gallantly pulled out a chair for anyone willing to sit with him, before taking a seat himself. He then turned his attention to the bartender. "Uhh... an ale, my good man, thank you kindly. And somethin' to eat." The bartender confirmed he had stew on the hearth and warm bread, to which Falco eagerly nodded. He'd love to inquire about a bed and a bath, but his stomach came first.

Interaction(s): RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun (Thea) / EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen (Lucia) / Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko (Hyss) / Topless Topless (Sakura)

Thea Schuerer

Walking in behind Sen and Falco, Thea notices the loggers from before but was of no mind to humor them, they likely knew what they had done, the hunters would have seen to that, or least she suspected the pair would have, or the old mayor himself may have. Either way she wasn't too worried about it, now if that remained true for the rest, well, that was something else. With Lucia and Hyss both there, only one, or rather two of their number were missing. One of the others could humor the Milady request of Falco's.

With the clanking of metal subtly emitting from her steps, Thea heads for the Bar first off, nodding to the barkeep. "Black ale, if you don't have that then a lager." Awaiting her drink, Thea thanks the man and sets off with a bowl and spoon in hand to the hearth using the scoop to gather some of the stew, which seemed to be some form of meat and vegetables. Nothing too fancy, but it would do, the bread being fresh was a bonus. It was unlike the so-called knight's or traveler's bread the group had over the last couple of days, not dense or made with a bit of salt, with transportation and a long shelf life in mind. Which made it so much better as she pulled a section of a cut loaf and watched the break break away... This would be fantastic with some butter, but there were no cows or goats she has seen, never mind butter.

"Your Stew makes a great change from the traveling rations we had." She offered in compliment to the tavern man.

Giving thanks to the Goddess in mumbled prayer, Thea turned to face the wider tavern inn, did she sit with her compatriots too smooth things out there, or bother to attempt to keep some eye on Sen, well Sen and the lonely stooge, she didn't want a problem breaking out and getting to know Sen could be useful. Hmm... What to do... For now, I shall watch.

Deciding to just observe the situation and to let the fire warm her up and dry out her cloak, Thea took spoon in hand and tried the stew, she would see what the others did, if anything, or at least where they seemed to gravitate or where problems may arise. It was a shame that a bath would be rather unlikely or needed to be shared in a rotation. But even just a bit of a shower would be a Goddess send, or something before she got back to Tylsen. If that would not be the case, then she was going to change into her tunic and heading right for the public baths once the debriefing was over.

With that in mind, the Knight takes a seat next to Sen. Offering some of her bread as she did so. "Dwarf Liquor?"

Last edited:

Celandine_2.png

The salve did do wonders on Sakura's wounds as they head back to town. She overheard a discussion about baths and Falco was scolded for thinking of something else. "I don't mind sharing a bath if that's your fancy." She chimed in, unknown if that was intentional or not. After some time of trekking, the group made it back to town.

When they came to a tavern, Thea gave her companions some money and left on their own devices. She, Falco and Sen went inside for a drink and Hyss went off on her own. Sakura isn't much of a drinker, so she'll have to pass on the pub. She looked back at the direction of where Hyss went and decided to follow her, see what she is going to do for the time being.

Celandine-5.png

"Thank Aurelia," Lucia spoke in regards to the mention of a bath and hoped Sen was right. The noble never thought she would need to miss a bath to such an extent as this.

As they entered the tavern, the elf released a relieved sigh to be in a place of rest. Beds, drink, and potentially the alluded to baths were naught but a few feet away. She could relax, genuinely relax. However, then there were the belligerents. They all looked their way, though only the buffoon Sen had slapped about was talking. When the others turned back without a word, Lucia gained a haughty grin, still apparently having energy for a bit of badgering.

"Your colleagues are far sharper than you. You should follow their example," The Caskarieth remarked before moving past them to look at the barkeep. "Many thanks, Ser. I'll have your recommendation for a white wine."

Taking the open seat offered to her, Lucia sat down with a sigh and began unlatching her gauntlets. After she freed her arms from the burden of armor, she then stretched the limbs over her head. "Are you sure you shouldn't be having water instead? Given how the Esservine's fumes seemed to already have you tipsy," She said with soft smirk, a clear tease toward its intoxicating effects.

@Team A

With the aid of his tailwind spell, Arien, as well as those who followed him, arrived at the front of Heine Warehouse 6 faster than they should have, especially since they were traveling on foot. Just like before the spell immediately faded as soon as they arrived at their destination. Normally, Arien would wait for Zest to finish her scouting of the area and return, but given the unusual situation the group was facing, he braved into the warehouse without hesitation - his bow drawn and firmly grasped within his right arm.

The warehouse had the same state as the others before it - the structure has been weathered over time and the lack of consistent maintenance shows the various wear and tear on different fronts. However, there were numerous signs this was vastly different from what the group had gone through before.

The door had been left open, and the Manatech lighting was already activated, leaving the interior illuminated well enough. There were generally less soot and cobwebs, though dust remained plenty - with the floor dust having a vast number of signs of movement, presumably from the footsteps and the activities of those who were in here as some of the recruits had deduced earlier. If one was to consult the documents handed over to the recruits, one would come to notice the same discrepancies as Heine Warehouse 5, only this time such are more prevalent - boxes completely missing, skidmarks from crates being moved, and several piles of disassembled crates, ones akin to those that had secret compartments.

Those with a strong sense of smell would be able to find traces of the lingering smell from the mixture of herbs that were supposedly once illegally stored here, as well as some traces of food - specifically belonging to Oticuria and Ritaya, staple snacks for a vast majority of the Caskarieth, both consisting of a healthy mix of fruits and vegetables, with the latter containing a hefty chunk of white meat. Following such scents would lead one to crumbs of clues that only support the recruits' initial inference of someone being holed in this warehouse.

Somewhere, hidden among these clues, there would be traces of unrecoverable documents - either torn to tiny shreds or burnt beyond recognition. There are a few, small portions that have remained intact, but such parchments contained nothing on them as if they have been wiped clean through magical means. In the midst of this investigation, Arien had gone unnoticed.

Using the magical bond between him and Zest as a means to follow the bird's direction, Arien had unintentionally walked into a hidden pathway, which led into a dimly lit tunnel with walls of steel. As he walked deeper and deeper into this narrow hall, he eventually found himself in the midst of what appeared to be a jail - no, a containment chamber. On both sides were empty cells that didn't seem to have stored people - rather, something else entirely. Scratch marks, bits of shed fur, broken carapace, and other traces of beasts or beast-like creatures being imprisoned in these empty cells were prevalent. As he moved onward with caution, he finally stumbled upon one cell that did contain something, no someone - Lori.

The young beastfolk had closed her eyes and was strangely relaxed for the place and situation she was in. Could she have not been aware of what danger she is potentially in? Perhaps that was for the best. However, the blue bird was not with her, instead, it seemed like it was further into the dimly lit path. With her location known, Arien told her to wait for his swift return and proceeded onward.

Eventually, the Krieglsöwe would reunite with his familiar, who was hovering above the ground, glowing in a blue light - exposing a concerning sight. It was too strange to be considered overgrowth reclaiming the area, it was closer to an ever-growing green tumor - vines and roots of varying girths pulsated as they gradually crawled closer and closer, both carrying a vast assortment of plantlife that grew on their surfaces, from mere leaves and flowers to rare fungi and fruits.

Seeing the lurking and growing threat and unable to immediately act upon it, Arien erected a temporary magical barrier to hopefully slow down its growth, if not to completely stop it from pushing onward and taking over the entire warehouse connected to this hall. At a quick glance, it was clear that this was something beyond the recruits' capabilities at their current state. And so, Arien turned back, deciding to deal with it as soon as he is finished taking care of the recruits.

Upon returning to Lori's location, Arien, with a little mix of force, finesse, and the aid of magic, was able to open Lori's cell - but the young lass did not open her eyes and instead asked for something to draw with. Arien handed over to Lori a small notepad and a charcoal stick, with the former opened to an empty page. Finally, Lori opened her eyes and started to draw something on the paper - sketching a specific individual from her memory. Arien did not question her and insisted that she continued to draw as they left the area and went back to the warehouse interior.

The next time the recruits would see Arien and Zest, they had Lori in tow. At last, the group was reunited. And with their quest at its last legs, all that was left was for the group to return to Tylsen. Hopefully, the transport Arien sent word for would arrive in time.

Interaction/s: Cresslinde ( King Crimson King Crimson ), Endymion( lunar_moth lunar_moth ), Lupa ( Silver Wolf Silver Wolf ), Talio ( TreasureSniper TreasureSniper ), Lori ( ERode ERode )

"Aye. 'Dwarf liquor,'" Sen said, raising her glass to the knight and giving the clear liquid a brisk swirl as she accepted the offered piece of bread. She promptly stuffed the former into her mouth and chewed aggressively before chasing it with the entire shot. She barely winced as she swallowed it all.

"Barman! Another!" she said as she slammed the empty shot glass down. The man was in the midst of pouring Thea's and Falco's drinks, black ales for both.

"And one for me!" Punchyface boldly declared, glaring at the elf as he did. Beside, him, one of his companions actually stifled a laugh.

Oh..." Sen said, her brows rising with mischief as she began unbuckling her gauntlets and the assortment of belts binding her arms. Apparently, this was getting serious. "A challenger, have we? Some folks never learn. Wanna get laid out twice, tough guy?"

"Where's yer kid? Left him in the woods again?" the logger said. "Some mother you are."

"He's safe. Always is. But, sure, keep talkin' bout it," Sen said. All manner of humor had vanished from her voice. "You just mad I beat your ass better than your mum ever did.

"Get a room, you two," the barkeep said, unenthused. "You're half drunk already, Hal. And you," he looked to Sen next, "Give it a minute to settle, then I'll serve ya another. But no rilin' up the riff raff, understood? I got other folks to tend to."

"Fine, fine. Do yer thing," the Syrieth relented. She rested her elbows on the bar and her chin in her hands. "Where's... whats-his-name... Larry? He were a good man. Knew how to pour 'em tall."

"Leroy retired last year. Moved to some place up in the mountains with his wife. Said the rain made his bones ache," the barkeep replied as he placed some bread in front of her, an unspoken suggestion that she ought to eat more and drink (and talk) less. Then, he moved to the hearth to pour a bowl of stew and set it on the bar for the boy who had ordered it, as well as some wine for his companion.

"Water?" Falco said with a small gasp, feigning insult. He did his best to not appear surprised when Lucia, of all people, sat down opposite him. There was room for four at the table, but he savored the fantasy that it was just the two of them. "You underestimate me. Neither is quite as intoxicating as you are, my lady, yet still I endure." Despite his best efforts, he couldn't keep a straight face. "I-I can't even tease you properly with us both smellin' like we just crawled out of a sewer, haha." He stifled a small snort of laughter. "Again. We gotta stop meeting like this, Your Highness."

With a wink and a smile, he stood and traveled the admittedly short distance to the bar to retrieve his stew and ale and Lucia's wine, as well as share a few words with the barkeep. He returned shortly, balancing it all on his arms, with the skill of someone who has clearly waited tables before. "He said they've only got one white wine. I don't know if it's up to your standards, but... eh, it's something, I guess," he said with a shrug as he placed the glass before her. "Sure you don't wanna eat something? The stew looks pretty dang good," he added as he took his seat.

"And there's... umm, meat in it, too, I guess," he tacked on, awkwardly aiming the words at Hyss and Sakura, who appeared to be out of their element here. There was more to adventuring than swamps, sewers, and tromping through the backwoods. Even someone as rough as Sen seemed to know how to carry herself in civilized spaces... albeit with some misteps along the way. He still knew so little about either of these girls but, as much as he'd love to pretend he and Lucia existed in their own tiny bubble, seeing two of his friends looking like fish out of water slightly bothered him. "You, uhh, ya wanna have a seat?" he offered, hoping Lucia didn't take offense.

Thea Schuerer

Listening to the conversations around her, she snorted a little, it seemed she didn't need to worry about Falco after all. What with him offering a seat to Hyss and Sakura and having Lucia there as well, she did ponder if Rixas would show up, though ultimately it didn't matter much at all... Taking her Ale in hand and nodding at Falco as he came up alongside the bar group, she watched with some amusement at how he was able to carry it all. It seemed he had options if the guild didn't work out, more than she did at any rate.

Though over the course of this mission, what faint worries she had of them all were mostly put to rest. Well, most of them. Still maybe those remaining could be fixed. The question now was what to put in her report and what to omit, she was not so petty as to list every mistake that happened, least the others did. "Hmm... So, Sen, will you be returning with us, or did you have other plans?" Looking at the shot glass, she gave a bit of a shurg and tapped the counter with her gloved and metal right hand.

"Hmm, I'll try a shot of Durgish Firebrand as well. Rest of you feel free to join us later or whenever and if you like." She says casting a glance back at the others. "Though I should have asked the price, maybe had the shot as my free and the ale as my paid." Letting out a short laugh, she was curious how that compared with some of the Alcohol she had over the last year in the Hinterlands she called home.

Jf5CChj.png

It was hard to keep her mind quiet in the darkness she imposed upon herself. Her thoughts wandered constantly, after all. The jerky smelled good, her surroundings were unique, and the longer she closed her eyes, the more her sensations seemed to sharpen. The weight of the cuffs against her wrists and ankles. The dampness of her surroundings, the minute vibrations of either her flesh or the stone. Unique circumstances. Her father would probably have called it dangerous circumstances.

But it wasn’t like she could do anything about it right now. If Lieured lied, then that was that. And if it wasn’t the case? Well, she’d be freed eventually. So really, there wasn’t any need for her to stress about it. All she had to do was to not fall asleep.

Lori definitely wasn’t asleep when her cell door opened and a familiar, masculine voice called out to her. So it was Arien that made it! Drawing supplies were obtained soon after, and then, only then, when she could feel rough paper against the pads of her fingertips, a stick of charcoal rubbing against the crook of her fingers, that the birdkin beastfolk opened her eyes.

The form took shape immediately, the blank notepad overlapping with a vision of the memory she had. Smoothly curving jawline, one eye covered by hair, broad shoulders, breasts the size of her head, white hair that transitioned suddenly into red. Lieutenant of two. Red Eye Demon. Even as she followed after Arien, Lori kept her head tucked down, slowly scratching away at it. She wasn’t good at drawing, but if she were careful, if she kept that image in her vision, she could at least trace something that looked similar enough.

And in the end…well, it basically was similar enough!

The threshold from ruined warehouse to grand outdoors offered a great enough change in environment for Lori to finally take notice. She stretched backwards, the digits of her feet rolling comfortably against the soft earth as she let out a satisfied groan.

“Heyo,” she said, eyes bouncing from one of her party mates to the other. They all looked beaten up, one way or the other, but on the other hand, none of them looked like they were all that badly hurt either. After all, they made the walk over here all fine and such! “You all met the two siblings, right? Cool! I met them too, sorta. By hearing them, at least. But anyways, they work for this woman here! The Lieutenant! The Red Eye Demon! Lieured!”

With aplomb, she thrust her drawing into Endy’s hands, then continued to chatter on.

“Anyways, she’s pretty tall, but I’m pretty sure not as tall as me, but she’s also like, super fast and strong and sneaky? Like, I was basically running back and then wham, she appeared outta nowhere and caught me! Still got a bruise from where she smacked me, really. Anyhow, uh, her hair’s super long but also pretty smooth, so she probably bathes a lot. It’s white and red too. And her eye as well. Don’t know if she has two or not because one’s covered by her hair. Biggest thing to know though, is that she’s got like, really, really,” Lori motioned with her hands floating over her own chest, “big boobs.”

She accompanied her assessment with a couple of very sage-like nods.

“Indeed, you could probably identify her by her silhouette even if she wore a cloak over herself. But also, is anyone hungry? Got some jerky for you all! Guess we don’t need to really look through this warehouse too, cause it’s like, pretty obviously not in a good shape.”

hyss-banner2-png.999406

Currently:
Thinking: "This is bar culture? Weird."

Interacting: Topless Topless AnonyMouse AnonyMouse
Mentions:

Much like the esservine, Hyss felt the subtle vibrations of footfalls behind her. Someone was following her. She slowed just a bit, then made a subtle glance behind her. Oh, it was Sakura.

"Huh, for a fox you got a surprisingly loud step. Then again, you're not probably stalking me," Hyss said to her. Then the hooded girl chuckled lightly. "Haha, the fox isn't hunting the snake, I think -- that's a good thing. -Come! Let's go see what's so special about this whole 'tavern' thing. Aren't you curious? I certainly am." She waved her hand to Sakura and urged her on. "Come on!" This wasn't the first time the Beastkin had overheard people's energetic voices when describing the tavern. But to her, a snake Beastkin, it was mysterious.

She led Sakura towards the establishment, and when convenient, swiftly slipped inside.

Sniff. Sniff. Then the smell. Hyss wrinkled her nose. If the smell of alcohol bothered her, she wondered how Sakura felt about it. She glanced over at the fox Beastkin, wondering if the smell bothered her.

Immediately she noticed the place was... noisy. Even when people were in the corner or at the counter, drinking their sorrows away. There was always that noisy patron, or the group that were just a bit too loud, their inside-voices all but forgotten because of drink. And then there was Sen. The Syrieth was once again loud and obnoxious, with some other oaf beside her at the bar being the same. Was that... bar culture? Hyss wondered.

At some point, Hyss approached the counter and got herself a drink. Something small and light.

Taking her drink in hand, the hooded girl leaned against the side wall. She sipped at it, peering -well more like leering, at the patrons of the tavern from under the lip of her hood. Whatever vibe she gave off -if anyone did, indeed, notice her- was wholly unintentional.

It seemed Falco did, calling over to her. She lifted her head, but kept her cup in front of her, hiding her mouth. She blinked at his offer, then glanced over at Sakura, to see what she thought about it, and what she would do. There was also a question in her glance. Something like, '..Well, should we?' Hyss was kind of getting a bit of confirmation in doing what he suggested from her fellow Beastkin.

Celandine_2.png

It seemed that Hyss noticed her, not that Sakura would mind. She seemed to be in a good mood, maybe because she was curious about a tavern. Has Hyss never been into one? Sakura have went into a tavern only twice back at Tylsen, though only because the first time she got into one was because one of her commissioners was working there and the second time was when she was invited by said commissioner for some drinks, most of which have strong alcohol that her nose couldn't bear it.

Sakura followed Hyss into the pub. It was noisy and the smell of alcohol was all over the place. "Ghh..." Sakura snorted, as expected she didn't like the stench of booze. She went over to the counter alongside Hyss and got herself what appears to be a tropical mocktail. She drank along with Hyss until they noticed Falco waving at them. It looked like he is offering them seats. Hyss looked at Sakura to know what she thinks. Her answer? She went on over to Falco and settled down, expecting Hyss to do the same.

lolispearmen.jpg
Current Location: Heine Warehouse #6

"I'm going with you," Cressey stated sternly in response to the guild senior.
"My wounds aren't half as severe as either of the others," she declares.
Indeed, Endymion's magic had worked wonders upon her body, the shallow cuts and bruises she'd born were now mended, leaving not even a scar in their absence.
The only trace left of their scuffle was the dirt that still encrusted her limbs, and the internal wounds that mere healing magic wouldn't be able to reach.
Only time could heal those, that, and the reassurance of Arien's words, which still sat warm in her mind, alongside the warmth on her shoulder.
He said that they had done well, the best they could have done.
Part of her reveled in the unfamiliar, soothing comfort of those words, but there was still the part of her mind that mocked her, that asked her Did you really?
Her eyes, which had been fixed adamantly into his, suddenly turn down to the floor with a clear guilt writ upon her face.
She shook away such thoughts, refocused her thoughts on the here and now; on the lost little bird that needed to be saved.
Clutching her chest as she adds, "And...I won't be able to rest until I know she's safe..."
A moment later, she walked alongside Talio and the senior guildmember, taking one last look towards Lupa, who had elected to stay behind, before disappearing into the light.
---
Emerging in some unfamiliar place, through unfamiliar means, was rather disorienting to Cressey at first; her feet staggering and unsure beneath her as her conscience acclimated to her new surroundings.
She could feel the gust of an unnatural, flowing wind at her back, the earth, steady and solid beneath her.
And most sobering of all, she could see a familiar warehouse standing before them.
As Arien rushed towards the front door with bow in hand, she followed close behind, lance drawn and at the ready.
Bursting through the door, she held it's point forward, her eyes scanning the massive room for any sign of movement, her ears pricked up, listening for any more magical chanting or churning of mystical winds.
But, after several anxious moments, there was only deafening silence, just the echo of them kicking down the door.

Cautiously, she advanced forward, moving in formation with her other guildmate, her attention so rapt on her surroundings, that she scarcely noticed Arien's absence.
Her eyes caught the familiar trails of displaced dust, open crates, and the faint scent of those medicinal herbs cut through the dry, stagnant air like a crisp, cold gale.
"Lori!!" Cressey chanced to call out.
No response, save for the echo of her own voice bouncing off the walls, making her exhale with an anxious, disappointed huff, as she lowered her guard.
There was no one here. No Caskaerith twins or their master, and no sign of of their missing guildmate.
Dejected, she turned to looking towards the warehouse, hopeful that there may be some form of clue that could be worth following.
After some rummaging around, she found some bits of stored rations, more disassembled crates, a few piles of ashes and blank sheets of paper, but nothing that spoke of where the bandits or Lori were, or where they could be going, only that they were here, and weren't anymore.

"Dammit!" Cressey cursed to herself, casting aside another worthless, empty box, before turning towards Talio.
"I've flipped this entire warehouse upside down, and I've found hardly anything!" she begrudgingly reported.
She could feel her heart sinking into her stomach, doubt wriggling into her mind as she painfully wondered aloud, "Are we...too late? Lori...Is she already...?"
She couldn't bring herself to finish the thought, too painful as it was to bear.
But, she wouldn't need to, the familiar clicking of talons on stone catching her attention, directing her to look towards Arien and the missing birdkin, who had emerged miraculously from an obscured hole half-hidden within the wall.
"Lori! Thank the Goddess you're alright!" Cressey exclaimed, letting out a protracted sigh of relief, running over to reunite with her lost comrade.
---
After some catching up, and a more thorough examination of the warehouse, and it's hidden dungeon, the crew gathered together to exchange all they had learned.
"So this Lieured is the 'master' those two Caskaerith spoke of..." Cressey asked, still digesting Lori's...expressive description of the apparent mastermind pulling the strings behind this warehouse plot.
From what she could gather, a tall, imposing woman, with long, oddly colored hair, and a very prominent...figure.
Shouldn't be too hard to spot in a crowd.
But what Cressey found most questionable wasn't the woman's appearance, (Especially not the part about the apparent size of the woman's chest. Cressey didn't care about that at all. Nope. Not one bit. Not her. Not at all.), but in her title.
"You said that she was referred to as ' Lieutenant'?" Cressey asked, turning towards the birdkin.
Putting a hand to her chin in thought, she ponders aloud, "Hmm...I wonder what army she serves..."
Turning to Lori once more, she asks, "Did you see any sort of coat of arms on her clothing? Like, a symbol, or maybe a specific sort of uniform?"

Interacting:
Arien ( Reinhardt Reinhardt )
Lori ( ERode ERode )
Talio ( TreasureSniper TreasureSniper )
Lupa ( Silver Wolf Silver Wolf )
Endymion ( lunar_moth lunar_moth )

3398E2A5-3542-4F1D-AC92-5B8AAEA3BE2D.jpeg

…Mhm, yep, those are indeed very big boobs. Pity he’s not the ideal audience, but he can respect the intimidation factor that comes with such things; she probably has back muscles of steel.

Endymion rotates the drawing in his hands as if doing so will reveal any further information. He pauses. Then, glancing back up at Lori for the first time since she deposited her artwork in his grasp,

“So… she wasn’t trying to, like…. hurt you? I mean, you certainly look un-tortured for the most part — very good, by the way, congratulations on escaping unscathed — but I can’t imagine all those guys wanted was a nice chat. Aside from what vital information you’ve gathered already,” his eyes dart back down to page despite himself, “did they let on anything about their master plan?”

Reinhardt Reinhardt ERode ERode King Crimson King Crimson TreasureSniper TreasureSniper Silver Wolf Silver Wolf

1675171210402.png
Interaction: Lori ERode ERode Cressey King Crimson King Crimson
Talio had mentally braced himself for the worse possibility, that Lori was indeed either dead or had been kidnapped by these mysterious mercs. Upon arrival at the warehouse, the merchant immediately scanned the area for any hostile entities, whether it be a bug or otherwise. Hearing Cressey complains about not being able to find her did little to settle his nerves, but tearing the place apart wouldn't make the situation any better. "Calm yourself, Cressey. If she's here we will find her, I am sure of it." Talio gave his teammates so much-needed words of encouragement, something he needed for himself but will never admit.

Talio wasted no time rushing to the beastkin, checking the girl for any signs of injuries. Thankfully there were none, prompting him to let out a sigh of relief. "Good to see you in one piece." The merchant gave the girl a smile and a pat on the head. While on the outside he seemed like his usual calm self, Talio was hiding his negative thoughts about how the situation could have gone head these mercenaries been not so merciful. This feeling of being at the mercy of these "people", it was not a pleasant feeling. His thoughts went back to how helpless he was in the situation, and despite his best efforts and contraptions, he barely even left a scratch on his adversaries.

Taking out his notebook, he awkwardly wrote down some notes about the current conditions of this warehouse. While it was a bit more difficult to write on the book with just one hand, he had manage to find a flat surface to use as leverage to write down his findings. Just like the previous warehouse, it had a lot of items missing, not them mention the other stuff that was left behind. Rations for the pointy-eared ones. The place was practically littered with evidence of illegal activities.

That dungeon was something else. Filled with all sorts of things he had never seen before. Though based on Arien's reaction towards it, whatever those weird-looking plants were, they were probably way above their level as well. How frustrating. To think a simple warehouse inspection would devolve into something so tipped against their favor. At least they have so form of identification of the culprits thank's to Lori's respectable portrait-producing skills. Well, she had a nice figure but that doesn't make her any less responsible for this crime. With any luck, if they had ever crossed paths with her, the party would hopefully be much better equipped for the job.

This was a lot of information process. They definitely have a mystery on their hand, but whether or not they had enough of the pieces to figure it out, or smart enough to solve it is another thing. Maybe he should have spent more time reading those mystery novels instead of selling them back at home. "So, what are we going to tell Heine?" he wanted to get their "story" straight on what to say to their client. There was lot to report on, but some seemed more relevant than others. He didn't mind giving him the longer version of the story, but he wanted to make sure that guild wouldn't chew him out for going outside of his original objective.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back