• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Tales of Miloria: Fall of an Empire

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Lucky Laki Malakis
Well... Here i am... At it again, attempting to start a threat and leave myself open to failure... I joke. Anyways, my weird sense of humor aside: To the RP! This is the first to what i hope would be a series of rp, hence the Tales of Miloria section of the title. I hope to generate prequels and sequels based of what happens in the rp, the nations created and lore build from this. All roleplayer generated and hope to see all those involved in this to join the others.

To the story. As the title suggest this is about a the end of a large empire, known as The Milorian Empire. The great emperor of the time has died suddenly, some say out of unknown disease while others from poison, leaving no heir in his place. So this is the point were certain groups start to raise up and make a name and nation of themselves. The empire is based on the Ottoman Empire specifically on their concept of Millet system of rule. What it basically means is that minority groups and communities whether joined by religion or former nations identity, race, tended to rule themselves based on their rules just under the oversight and taxation of the current empire. The empires culture and religion isnt forced on the people but is encouraged and none of these smaller groups tended to get far in terms of status without converting and are also taxed for it. With the fall of the empire now, these groups can raise from the empires ashes as it where either take over the empire for themselves, spread their religion to the masses or grab their chance of independence. All the good conflict creating stuff and it is up to you to create and lead these groups.

The genre of this is mix of high fantasy and steampunk. The empire at its end was reaching an industrial revolution and is the middle between the classic fantasy knight and magic and the age of muskets, cannons, steam and gears. Magic is brought about through energy released by the nature of the world with certain individuals have the gift to manipulate it. Tempting on their training a mage can do some pretty impressive things. However magic potential waines in area of high industry, due to nature being destroyed for space for cities and factories and of course pollution. This isnt an environmental message thing, i hate those things, all it is a see-saw system: is your nation magic based or tech based? You can be both but you cant be as powerful in either one unless you specialize. For example magic nations cant have large airships that carry large bombs but than again tech nation cant have mages that can call out freak lightning storms that can decimate cities. That sort of thing.

So that is basically the idea, full lore details will be up if i create a proper thread. Interested? Ideas? Criticisms? Leave them bellow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Late to the bus, but if it's going to be casual or detailed, I'd be up for this. Sounds fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back