• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Pilgrim59

👑 Exalted Monarch 👑
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
[div class=fyuriwrapper][div class=box]
[div class=leftboxone]
[div class=boxmain][div class=header]Tales of Grozny[/div]
PdohkPp.jpg

Grozny, one of the Creator’s pet project, left to its own devices ever since the Garden fell to the Dark Lord Sertek. Magic and technology, woven by the ingenuity of men and perhaps the Creator's own patents of subtlety. The war between good and evil, like many before them, was written and forgotten with the fleeting years. But mankind’s light has yet to be extinguished, for the prophesied hero had emerged from the cinders of chaos.

Countless battles of triumphs and defeats, the Kingdom of Haven stood undaunted with the Hero's strength and will. Their long journey together proved prudent to those that continued to fought on. Against overwhelming odds, the hero and their companions eventually turned the tide - breaking the Dark Lord's army at Onyx Valley after months of fighting. This would mark the beginning of the end for the Dark Lord Sertek.

Saarema, the last stronghold of the Shadow Legions, would become the meeting ground for Grozny’s finest and the Dark Lord’s minions. But the ominous winds of the end would only propel the hero’s fated journey to a new beginning. Will the hero and their companions prevail, or will the darkness consume all when the prior meets their ends?

This is the story of their supposedly last arduous campaign against Sertek. The final push to victory, or ultimate demise.

[/div][/div][/div] [div class=box]
[div class=leftboxtwo]
[div class=boxmain][div class=header]Overview[/div]
onsVWVJ.jpg

Based on a story that I am writing, with some hopes of turning it into an RP for funsies. What you should expect are: a series of battles, slice-of-life, fishing quests (maybe), and tragicomedy, all on the big island of Saarema. Last but not least, the anticipated final battle against the bad villain. That's it, really.

You will be playing as a Companion of the Silver Company and fight alongside the hero against the Shadow Legions, then ultimately the Dark Lord Sertek himself. This RP is meant to be a one-shot journey, skipping the itty bitty humble start bits, with an ending that sets up the premise for a sequel RP, if y’all are still interested by then. The sequel is where things get spicy, so think of this as a villain-bullying zone.

Blah blah, probably done before, blah blah, military dudes saying military things, blah blah, fantasy-themed Call of Duty. A travelling story, filled with actions, mysteries and occasional moral cucumbers. Wait no. Encumbrance.

[div class=leftboxthree]
[div class=boxmain][div class=header]Q&A[/div]
TqBtxFn.jpg

Q: Does this mean we have to RP as characters already written in your story for the RP?
A: No. Feel free to make your own OCs. That's… why it's an RP lulz.

Q: Technology and Setting?
A: Good ol' swords and magic, high fantasy. But firearms are also prevalent, albeit lackluster due to mass-production and they are unreliable in prolonged combat - hence the need for long bayonets as short pikes. Electricity is sustained by sources of mana (i.e. street lamps are powered by a local magic tower). Long range communication devices are also a thing, utilizing wind magic. Think fantasy world with WW1/WW2 elements in it. No swing-jazz yet, sadly.

Q: How OP are the companions?
A: Tutorial cutscene level of overpoweredness that is usually seen in most RPG. OP enough to get the story going. But I'll let you know if it's game-breaking. That means no "Za Warudo".

Q: Writing requirements?
A: As long or as short as you want. But please be considerate enough to let others interact with ya.

Q: Sequel?
A: Yes. This is a Prologue for the main campaign (picking up on what happens after the demon lord is defeated and the subsequent events), depending on continued interests. Who knows, maybe we'll get far enough to the farming arc.

Q: FC?
A: Anime. At least that's how it was originally envisioned (for the weebs such as myself). Long as it's not real-life FCs.

Q: Beach / Hot Spring Episode?
A: That's... that's why I'm here.

Q: Can I be the hero?
A: Nope, sorry. This role is pivotal in terms of narratives. While I'm not opposed to one of y'all playing the MC, there are certain points in the story that I must commandeer to move the plot forward. But hey, you'll be a hero in my eyes?

Q: Hotel?
A: Trivago.

Feel free to ask questions, and I'll answer them as best as I can.

[div class=leftboxfour]
[div class=boxmain][div class=header]Honorable Mentions[/div]
m10jzQO.jpg

Shoutout to Mooncha for the fanart!~ uwu

Uasal Uasal , Midrick Midrick , Ayama Ayama ,
Palatinate Palatinate

[div class=leftboxfive]
[div class=boxmain][div class=header]Links[/div]

IC: Fantasy - Project Grozny: Prologue IC
CS: Fantasy - Project Grozny: Prologue CS
OOC: Fantasy - Project Grozny: Prologue OOC
Lore: Fantasy - Project Grozny: Prologue Lore

[/div][/div][/div][/div] [div class=fyuricredit]code by @Fyuri[/div]
[class=fyuriwrapper] max-width:900px; margin:auto; padding-top:15px; [/class] [class=header] font-family:'Tangerine'; font-size:45px; line-height:27px; [/class] [class name=boxmain] flex: 1; padding:25px; box-sizing:border-box; text-align:justify; transition: ease-in-out 1s; line-height:21px; [/class] [class name=boxmain state=hover] padding:25px; box-sizing:border-box; transition: ease-in-out 1s; [/class] [class name=box] position:relative; z-index:15; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; transition: ease-in-out 0.5s; [/class] [class name=box state=hover] position:relative; z-index:50; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(0,0,0,0.5); -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(0,0,0,0.5); box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(0,0,0,0.5); transition: ease-in-out 0.5s; [/class] [class=leftboxone] background-color: #54776F; width: 50px; [/class] [class=leftboxtwo] background-color: #C1C1C1; width: 50px; [/class] [class=leftboxthree] background-color: #54776F; width: 50px; [/class] [class=leftboxfour] background-color: #C1C1C1; width: 50px; [/class] [class=leftboxfive] background-color: #54776F; width: 50px; [/class] [class=fyuricredit] opacity:0.5; font-size:10px; max-width:900px; margin:auto; [/class]

Last edited:
Could be worse- hbu, friend?
Possibly joining, though I'm a little insulted I didn't get a quote ;P

I see. Welp, just... bored enough to turn a story I wrote in highschool into an RP. Quarantine life has been rough.
Also a quote? o_o' for...?

I see. Welp, just... bored enough to turn a story I wrote in highschool into an RP. Quarantine life has been rough.
Also a quote? o_o' for...?
Tell me about it- I'm just stuck in my room with no food at this point x.x
Swift and Meme got quotes but I was left out >> #FOMOAlert

I'm in a lot of active rps but the temptation... it's overwhelming...
If I can make a catgirl like the one in the fanart, I'm in 100%

Tell me about it- I'm just stuck in my room with no food at this point x.x
Swift and Meme got quotes but I was left out >> #FOMOAlert

Ah. I'll tag ya right now, and in future int checks ^^'
Yeah, same. I've been living on ramen and water. But hey, on the bright side, less pollution outside. Lulz.

Ah. I'll tag ya right now, and in future int checks ^^'
Yeah, same. I've been living on ramen and water. But hey, on the bright side, less pollution outside. Lulz.
I'm so honored :3 (You know I was kidding tho rite? xD )
Candy and water here- can't even get pizza TwT

I'm in a lot of active rps but the temptation... it's overwhelming...
If I can make a catgirl like the one in the fanart, I'm in 100%

Of course. Grozny is like most fantasy world, lots of races to roll with. ^^
I appreciate your interests. Make sure not to burn yourself out, ye? xD

I honestly thought that this was a Chechen War story when I first saw the title. Imagine my confusion when I saw cute anime girls the moment I clicked the link.

I honestly thought that this was a Chechen War story when I first saw the title. Imagine my confusion when I saw cute anime girls the moment I clicked the link.
Lmao. True. Lots of namesakes in this RP have irl locations borrowed. It was meant to be a parody of Project Reality / ArmA 3, but magic.
Sorry bout that.

Do we have anymore lore on this setting to go off on currently?

I will have a lore thread up soon. Index of enemy units, warfare, some background on the Kingdom of Haven, brief overview on the world of Grozny. It won't be too heavy on lore (yet), as the main focus will be on the Saarema Island campaign, and specific aspects will be developed with the player's own lore-building, rather than setting everything in stone.

What's on your mind, regarding the lore?

I will have a lore thread up soon. Index of enemy units, warfare, some background on the Kingdom of Haven, brief overview on the world of Grozny. It won't be too heavy on lore (yet), as the main focus will be on the Saarema Island campaign, and specific aspects will be developed with the player's own lore-building, rather than setting everything in stone.

What's on your mind, regarding the lore?
What nations and factions they are, alongside with this "wind magic" you speak off that assists with long-range communication.

What nations and factions they are, alongside with this "wind magic" you speak off that assists with long-range communication.

There are only 2 major factions in Grozny thus far: Kingdom of Haven and the Dark Lord Sertek's Shadow Legion. To keep things simple.

Minor factions may arise, if it is vital to your character's backstory, and may be developed later on in the story if needed.

As for wind magic devices. They are generally called "Anprac" (ripoff of AN-PRC portable transceiver that radio operators carry in modern day). Said devices are powered by a mana crystal that is imbued with wind magic to communicate with "Drakensreiter" (dragon riders) for Close Air Support, or to keep in touch with other units in the area. The Drakensreiter themselves are also armed with Anpracs. Anpracs are pretty much magic walkie talkies. Only the military uses them extensively thus far, civilians still have to rely on telegraphs and postal services.

Wind magic operators that work with Anpracs are called "Windtalkers" (again, rip off of historical refs).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back