• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Tales of Ayoth OOC

T
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

The threads of fate have been weaved into a single line, that spans through the lands of Ayoth, passing through various paths, twisting and turning on different parts.

This is the story of several individuals, and the journey they make.​
Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Out of Character Chat
Here we go. Remember:

Keep all OOC within the OOC thread. OOC posts in any other threads will be deleted without warning.
Follow RPN's form rules, and respect each other.

The lore thread is up. Fantasy - Tales of Ayoth Lore

It should give you some insight on the setting, though the entries are somewhat incomplete.

I will be working on the rest, and hope to finish it bt tomorrow.

Feel free to ask me for anything orif you want to clarify something, I will answer them as soon as I can.

So, about religion... (the worst way to start any discussion)

The Creed goes for all the races, including the more tribal ones and the like?

Ello, Reinhardt Reinhardt !
Question:

Are there any character limits? I'm assuming so, but I just wanted to make sure. I'm debating between two characters (an informant and a pirate), but its hard to choose between them.

Emmi Emmi
Not to be rude or anything, I'd just like to point out that a sword made out of pure silver would be incredibly uneffective. Worse than bronze, in fact. Nigh impossible to keep sharp, plus it'd bend and become unusable almost instantly.

AiDEE-c0 AiDEE-c0
Oh.. shoot. Did I mention it was made out of pure silver? I meant the color was silver.. my bad. Thanks for pointing that out! It would've been bad if I didn't realize it!

Not going to lie, I accidentally pressed "enter" on my cs that I wasn't finished with yesterday (I was planning on submitting a finished version) so I felt embarrassed and covered my mistake up with writing a "WIP" at the top.

Would I be able to make a character who would be like either a homunculus or automaton of sorts?

Sure, it's technically not a race, but just for the sake of lore - I'll need you to give a general background on whichever kind you pick.

Doesn't need to be extremely detailed, just like the basic description of the standard races.

Not going to lie, I accidentally pressed "enter" on my cs that I wasn't finished with yesterday (I was planning on submitting a finished version) so I felt embarrassed and covered my mistake up with writing a "WIP" at the top.
Oof, I've done that before, I know da feel.

Dergy also be working on his character, by the by. Hopefully will have the cs up today/tonight sometime :3.

Sure, it's technically not a race, but just for the sake of lore - I'll need you to give a general background on whichever kind you pick.

Doesn't need to be extremely detailed, just like the basic description of the standard races.
Would something like this be good?

Moreso a myth than a being of substance, a homunculus, also known as a wraith or phantasma, is said to be an artificial lifeform spawned by the hands of a heretic. The idea itself was conceptualized centuries ago from the machinations of a human who had turned his back on the old gods. Legends then state that the man, who had wished to resurrect his dearly beloved, became disgusted at the hollow monstrosity he had created and ultimately destroyed every remnant of his research. His failures, however, did not stop others from chasing after what seemed like mere pipedreams.

Over the ages, those who sought the secret of life churned out abominations one by one. Yet from among the monsters, an individual would occasionally successfully birthe the ideal manifestation of his or her delusions. These homunculi were modeled after their creators—oftentimes humans or the etherborn—in every aspect. The singular difference was that their hearts were not hearts but rather an artificial core formed from a dense concentration of mana which would then circulate throughout their bodies. This, however, made them vulnerable to anti-magic and imperfect designs would frequently lead to fairly short lifespans. Eventually, the distressingly low success rates and the persecution of the practice as heresy led to it fading into obscurity once again.

I'll probably be adding a few points in my CS to specify some things since there would be differences between homunculi based on who created them and how they were created.

Last edited:
Oof, I've done that before, I know da feel.

Dergy also be working on his character, by the by. Hopefully will have the cs up today/tonight sometime :3.
I have also done the same for a few IC posts.. I type really fast so I forget to do ctrl enter and just press enter.. rip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back