• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Taking Back The Streets (Superhero Roleplay)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Birdsie

The God-Emperor of Mankind
WELCOME DIRECTOR!
YOU HAVE ONE (1) NEW MESSAGE!

To: Director Coleman, MTR
Subject: HOSV Status Confirmed

Dear Mr. Coleman,

As you're well-aware from the meeting that took place on 21-05-18, last Monday, the urban area identified as Protectorate North-East-North has seen a drastic rise in metahuman population over the last two years. The focus of this conversation is on the specific and particularly afflicted city of Harpminster.

Our early analysis showed that around 45% of these newly surfaced metahumans in the area dedicated themselves to crime, earning them the Metahuman Threat Response classification of Villains. We had originally anticipated that the stationed MTR forces there, as well as the presence of Protocol, we could control the city, but we were wrong.

New studies concluded that more than 95% of newly surfaced metahumans became Villains. As such, we elected to grant the city a High Density Of Super-Villains status last night after Protocol was ambushed by a team of Villains calling themselves The Lodge and after he was hospitalized.

And with that note, we've decided to set up a new team of superheroes and send in MTR reinforcements to the city to bring back law and order to the streets. For your previous and talented operations, I've personally selected you to assure a smooth transition and fortification of the city.

Good luck, Mr. Coleman.

Sincerely,
Philip Larch,
Department 1.

■​

Coleman huffed out the last bit of smoke from his cigarette, left with only the filter. He crushed it into the ashtray with his pointing finger, then steepled his hands together. His eyes followed the message line by line, growing more troubled with each paragraph.

"Weird. I always thought HOSV stands for Hive of Scum and Villainy," a voice from behind his back said.

Coleman recognized it instantly and didn't need to turn and look. He kept staring at the screen as he asked, "How did you get in my office, Configure?"

"New power," the young hero clarified off-handedly, as he squinted and looked further into the email message. In the end, his eyes widened a millimeter as he smiled with childlike glee. "We're going on a vacation?"

"More like a business trip." Coleman leaned back in his chair, sighing. He cast a glance at Configure. "What's this new power?"

"Not sure yet," Configure answered. "But I don't think I'll keep it. Not worth the slot and data. All it seems to do is let me pass through walls."

"Boring," Coleman stated matter-of-factly, knowing what Configure was capable of with the right combination.

"I know, right?" The hero looked at Coleman, pretending he was outraged in a goofy and comical way. He looked at the screen again. "When are we moving?"

"I'll arrange for the transport tomorrow."

"Rodger Dodger, captain. I'll go pack my suitcase!" Configure's body vibrated intensely from the right to left, blurring his figure. He then went through the floor like a bunch of grains through a food filter and disappeared.

***​
Brief History

Metahumans were always there in one way or another. Some people speculate that Greek gods of the Ancient era, wizards and demons of the Medieval, and other such myths and legends were just stories woven by the people of those times to explain the existence of extraterrestrials, metahumans, and extra-dimensional entities back in the day.

Metahuman is a broad term. You have a genetic mutation that makes your sweat combust and cause literal fire? You can snap the forces of reality by casting magical spells? You're a hyper-genius that built a working jetpack with fully operational gyroscopes and stabilizers? As far as the public's concerned, any or all of these three examples make you metahuman.

The first one was called 'Vigoreux.' A French ex-soldier in WW1 that later also fought against several Nazi villains during WW2, like 'Blitzkrieg.' Later, in the 1950's, the world saw global influxes of metahumans. To combat this, in 1955, the Metahuman Threat Response was set up by the US government after a bill passed. It didn't only deal with metahumans, but also extraterrestrials like aliens, or beings from other realities.

Right now, we find ourselves in Harpminster, Massachusetts. A fictional city on the east coast of the US, in the present day. This roleplay will take you through the creation of a new brigade of superheroes and their attempts to set right a city that is besieged by injustice and evil.

***​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back