• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Tactics simulator

Historical Storyteller

Four Thousand Club
I have returned.

+

The Questionnaire.

Before I begin, I'd like to ask all of you questions.

1. If you joined the army, what position would you like to fill?

2. From the late middle age to modern war, what time period would you like you be in?

3. What is your favorite choice of terrain?

As an example, I will answer those questions myself.

I wish to join the infantry, be anywhere from a recruit to a lieutenant commanding a platoon, and I am willing to take specializations as well as serve in combat.

I am most familiar with modern warfare, so I would go with this. I have little familiarity with 17th and 18th century warfare. And I know even less about late medieval times but am willing to step up to the challenge.

If I had to choose an area, I'd go for as wide an area as possible with as many trees, hills and as few roads as possible. If I had to be forced into a tight space I would have to conceal myself as much as possible and avoid the enemy.

+

Charter of the Historical Storyteller of the 10th of February of 2021.

I must ask for your patience and the best of your charity, for I am running three interest checks at once and I am greatly burdened by the weight of it. The thoughts of things that could happen but do not is a weight on my conscience. In order that I may organize my energy in the most efficient manner possible I will devote one or two days to a certain interest check then move on to the next. To allow myself the liberty to spend one or two days on a project gives me more power to focus on specific tasks and thus I am much more effective.

In order that you should not be left alone to yourselves I will appoint officers over you. There shall be an executive officer in my place when I am absent. This one shall be picked by me and I shall bear full responsibility for the actions of the executive officer. And should there be technical needs (special knowledge) or administrative needs (to manage many people) I will appoint officers for this as well. I, as the leader, and the executive officer shall bear responsibility for the actions of these officers and so on. So may God help us poor sinners!

The executive officer cannot appoint officers on his own but can recommend them.

Should you find yourselves waiting too long or simply wish to talk you may send me a Private Message as well.

At this point of time, I find these measures sufficient for the present and the near future. It is possible that with this alone we can sustain this project for if used wisely we will last a long time.

I must talk with the authorities on this matter.

It shall be organized as this:

Tactics Simulator will be first.
Community Simulator will be second.
Adventure Simulator will be third.
The traveler of the middle ages fourth.
If I be present in a certain Simulator I will announce, "I have returned." in the first post or produce a new post saying that.
If I should leave I shall announce my departure saying, "I shall return." in the first post or produce a new post saying that. I shall also state the number of days left before I have returned.
At my discretion I will appoint an executive officer in my place when I am absent.
A list of active members will be compiled.
A list of officers will be compiled if needed. If members are included then we shall compose a hierarchy.
Prayer is strongly encouraged. I will provide a list of prayers.
I will rest on Sundays.

+

List of active members.
Not needed.

+

List of Officers.
Hierarchy.
Not needed.

+

Prayers.

+

Last edited:
1: Well I was already in the US Army as an infantryman so I'll stick with what i know. Trained to use various different kinds of explosives and advanced weapons systems including the Javelin guided anti tank missile.

2: I'm most knowledgeable about warfare from about the late 1800s to modern day. Not so much anything American Civil War and back.

3: I'm most at home in heavily wooded mountainous terrain with lots of cover and concealment.

1: Well I was already in the US Army as an infantryman so I'll stick with what i know. Trained to use various different kinds of explosives and advanced weapons systems including the Javelin guided anti tank missile.

2: I'm most knowledgeable about warfare from about the late 1800s to modern day. Not so much anything American Civil War and back.

3: I'm most at home in heavily wooded mountainous terrain with lots of cover and concealment.

Didn't expect an answer so soon but it's a welcome surprise!

I take what I learn from others and not my own practical experience. In any case, I have many ideas for the simulator based on what answers I can find from the respondents.

It looks to me that we will have infantrymen at the company level and below fighting it out. If we need support we'll either have to get someone willing to be a tanker or artilleryman or we'd have to study these things ourselves and run the show.

We do not need all the details on how things work but we must take things quite seriously, as in the military.

Hey, at your request I can give you a few videos to help you with your medieval history studies. I also have martial arts videos which I highly recommend. Let me know what you think of them.

1. If you joined the army, what position would you like to fill? Sniper I guess since I always liked the idea of being able to stalk the enemy from afar and strike them down.

2. From the late middle age to modern war, what time period would you like you be in? Probably WW II era since anti-fascism would have been a cause I genuinely believed in fighting for.

3. What is your favorite choice of terrain? One with lots of places to hide out so either a heavily forested area or something urban.

1. If you joined the army, what position would you like to fill? Sniper I guess since I always liked the idea of being able to stalk the enemy from afar and strike them down.

2. From the late middle age to modern war, what time period would you like you be in? Probably WW II era since anti-fascism would have been a cause I genuinely believed in fighting for.

3. What is your favorite choice of terrain? One with lots of places to hide out so either a heavily forested area or something urban.

Are you willing to be the squad marksman? And are willing to take a leadership position? And of what level? Will you have a battle buddy? A fireteam? A squad? Or platoon?

I recommend the artillery, since you can shoot farther and with more devastating effects. It will require study, so I am willing to lend a hand.

Artillery, I heard, can be used against snipers. So can airstrikes.

Go to the Internet Archive, the digital library, and secure a copy of an artillery manual from the US army. That should do.

I must confess that I have a different understanding of politics than most here. So the same words you speak will have a different meaning for me. Know that if we talk politics we will be both walking into a minefield and so we must work together so neither of us triggers a detonation. I cannot express myself more colorfully than that.

Do you by chance are familiar with topographical maps? Take any. Put 'em right here and we have a battlefield.

I'm down to take an infantry squad leader role since I'm good with land navigation (reading and charting points on maps, recognizing landmarks and shooting an azimuth, etc.) and have first-hand experience with the tactics and fieldcraft.
I was in a mechanized unit so if you need any advice on organization and tactics on that front I can help out there too to an extent.

I'm down to take an infantry squad leader role since I'm good with land navigation (reading and charting points on maps, recognizing landmarks and shooting an azimuth, etc.) and have first-hand experience with the tactics and fieldcraft.
I was in a mechanized unit so if you need any advice on organization and tactics on that front I can help out there too to an extent.

Ah.

I'm not even good at the most basic tasks. And it is embarrassing to admit but this is true. I'll have to brush up on my basics. It will take time and not everything will be done to my liking but it will be done.

Explain a few things from what you've learned in fieldcraft. I'm curious to see your reaction. It is a test.

Well, at the moment, I'd like to know what mechanized units do at the company level. A basic explanation of their organization and armaments will leave me with much food for thought. I am also curious on just how fast a mechanized division can travel, assuming all goes well, through land, and if by ship, by sea.

Just tell me what is commonly known so you don't tell me something I don't need to know. This is so important, it may be best not to talk to me at all. Just be careful. I'm not the only one here.

Your typical mechanized infantry company is gonna consist of about 4 platoons of up to about 40-ish guys each. Those platoons are gonna be broken down into two sections which each consist of two mounted crews of about 3 and their vehicles, and 2 dismount squads that consist of 9 men each. One of those APCs is going to be the platoon leader's (usually a second lieutenant) vice and he'll frequently switch between coordinating the vehicles while remaining mounted and dismounting to coordinate the on-foot operations so sometimes the command track will be running with just a driver and gunner.

I'll actually make you a more in-depth chart at some point.

No need, I already have these things.

What I didn't have before is people who shared the same interests! And well, you seem to know what you're doing. I'm looking forward to your promotion as officer.

This is how it will work here:

We will all be grouped into buddy teams. The idea is that one will look after the other, they will assist each other, grow together and complement each other's abilities. You will learn what your friend can do and what he cannot. Then you will work it out.

There shall be a group of four people and this shall be called the fireteam. The one in charge of this is called the officer of the fireteam. How you will organize your fireteam's abilities will be your challenge. Ask advice when needed.

There will be bigger groups when needed. And not all of them will be full strength (be filled with people).

For now, I, as the Leader of Tactics Simulator, appoint you, Rowboat Girlyman, as Officer of the Fireteam of Fireteam A. I also appoint Jannah as your battle buddy. Teach her the basics.

Jannah, I appoint Rowboat Girlyman as your battle buddy. You will also be under Fireteam A with Rowboat Girlyman as your direct superior. Listen to instruction.

As for me, I have multiple simulators to run. That's a lot to manage. So in the future, I may appoint an Executive Officer and will define what his duties will be.

Jannah, tell us what you want to know. Also, tell us what you don't know. That is how we can get a training program for you.

Rowboat Girlyman, expect to teach her the very basics. I will advise on this matter. Also, I am out of shape and need to re-learn a few things as we go along. Teach her basic marksmanship, organization up to company level, simple offensive and defensive tactics, common gear for a rifleman and marksman, also I recommend teaching her survival and first aid. We will also learn how to coordinate as a team to complement our abilities.

Also, I will bring a topographical map in the future so we can plan our tactics simulator.

For the training program I will give this about two weeks to about two months. For now just get to know each other.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back