• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Tactical Defense Academy Lone Pine.

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Aron Roshelle

Aron sighed when Mai wouldn't let him in on what was in the box of tasty goodness. and then he almost laughed when she said that no one could pass her test. "you were too hard on those kids, they were some pretty good pilots, their was even that one girl from-" Aron would be interrupted by a student entering the classroom. He could tell that she was fresh out of high school with the salute and everything. "rest, this is a classroom, no need to be saluting me just yet, save that for a different instructor" Aron laughed. "But you are in the right class, so good job for that" Aron said.

"I'm Aron Roshelle, and this here is Mai Fujiku, you can go ahead and take a seat if you want... but you can still go get some breakfast, and interact with some of your fellow students" Aron told the student. "Oh, and before I forget, what's your name?" Aron asked her.
Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Uasal Uasal

1585645917184.png

Mai Fujiki
Mai tiptoed, hopped and skipped her way around Aron's desk as he pondered upon what she might have prepared for his lunch. Honestly, the sight of him pondering on such a thing brought a smile to her face and when at last he sighed in frustration, resigning to humbly find out when lunchtime finally came around, Mai couldn't help but giggle softly to herself. For such a caring big brother Aron was really just as childish, if not even more so, than the siblings he cared so much for. He really was adorable.

Aron caught Mai's attention when he began talking about last years entry exam and just as he was about to get to the most interesting part her attention was swiftly stolen by a student who had entered the room. Aron was quick to introduce the two and so Mai kept her peace and simply offered a friendly wave to the girl before again taking a seat atop the front row desk opposite Aron's.

Clara Trinidad

"Urk!"

Despite the friendly demeanor of Aron and Mai, one can see that she is a very fidgety figure. Eyes rapidly observing one subject to another, hands twitching from time to time and consistent discomfort vibes are present. Obviously, not used to her new environment. She gulped in acknowledgement of the question before her brought to her by Aron himself. Her first instructor to meet along with Mai Fujiko, which is to her surprise. Are they both teaching? Not used to two people teaching at once but Clara thought that the teaching style of the school is different from the rest of the world.

"Clara Francheska Joi Mariella Trinidad! I'm 15 years old! Umm... Special f-former medical Intern for Sun-hope hospital at your service, sir! Ma'am!"

Mustering all her energy for one good introduction for her superiors. Clara's usual high pitched voice rose to a level similar to a private answering a drill sergeant. She was unexpectedly loud even with a medical face mask on. Her facade to put up a determined and courageous persona was not convincing to behold. She stood stiff like lamp post on a lonely street, it almost look like she wasn't breathing at some parts, audible stutters and awkward pauses almost made it sound like a lie. Aron asked for a name but Clara gave more info like a resume. She was specifically guided to chillax in the room or get something to eat first but Clara seems to have noticed something else that threw Aron's suggestions put the window. The lack of students present. Was she too early? Is everyone still having breakfast? Did she miss something. Thought agter thought came to Clara. Her nervous stance loosened upon speaking once again.

"Copy! Sir! Ma'am! But where are the rest of the students? Are they running in late? I must gather them!"

In a panicky yet comical voice. The end to Clara's uneasyness seem to be nowhere to be found. Her voice was normal at the first line but the gave a an almost yelling tone. The girl never dropped her salute through the entire segment, determined to impress her new teachers by accomplishing a ridculous task of gathering her new classmate. One can just see the worry in her eyes.

"I must rally the students, Sir Aron and Miss Mai. The day is wasting. Lessons are prepared and they are not here yet."

In a more sincere tone and attitude. Clara had settles on a self made quest to find her class out of pure panic that there is not much students inside the classroom yet. A bit of an irrational move for the young girl but she seems eager to start the class soon that she won't even bother to eat. Dropping her salut, Clara had turned and opened the door behind her. A small rush of morning wind fluttered Clara's lab coat worn over the uniform. There still time to give her an immdiate stop for her hand is only holding the exit door knob.

Nessi Nessi Uasal Uasal

Xf5IYP7.png
S. McClusky
Technical Instructor
Hangar, Lone Pine Academy

Uasal Uasal Nessi Nessi
Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

Class, dreams, and among other things that kept her occupied. Siri was most intrigued at Clair's goals, however unorthodox she might have went about it. She eventually came to learn of the young hacker's name, having requisitioned a new set of electronic devices for work. The ordeal was kept off the records, as the instructor claimed. She went about her day, and attended lunch with Aron. It was a pleasant one, she deemed.

The first day went without a hitch, well, perhaps some. But some good came out of it for most. However, the real trial of their mettle would follow into the dawn of the next day.

Morning, routines, monotonous schedules. Yet, despite these courses of actions, Siri felt something gnawing at her, nibbling away. Was the mundane life here at Lone Pine slowly began to numb her senses? No, she told herself. Only a melancholic fool would dwell on such things. She counter-attacked these thoughts with a positive energy upon passing the academy's gate. A coping mechanism for one to try and move on. Everyday was a challenge to get over these heavy sentiments she held beneath her nonchalant and lax visage.

She was on her way to prepare for her class, after Aron would his. In her satchel was a set of macarons and pudding that she made in the morning. An affectionate gift for his hard work with the students, and perhaps to probe his sentiments for the sake of deciphering her own bemusements.

That thought came to a halt. Her eyes perceived and her hands gripped tightly upon her handbag. Behind the saluting student's silhouette, were Aron and Mai. Tidbits of fractured words and giggles. Siri's eyes fixed on them from the shadows of the hallway, just around the half-flosed door. She smiled softly, concealing a certain sting in her heart. Siri felt sluggish. As if she was struck with a fever, but her physique poised on carrying the day. She deemed it best to not intrude for the time being.

These sentiments made it hard for her to breathe. Before long, the white-haired instructor strolled along to the main hangar, technically her classroom and realm, where she would put her mind to rest with the metals.

Last edited:
Aron Roshelle

Aron would start laughing at how formal Clara was being, going as far as giving him her full government name. "oh god, this is gold, holy shit, I haven't had a student like this in a while" Aron said while slapping his desk a few times. "Clara, just go get breakfast, your fellow students will be here soon enough" Aron said, a smile on his face. He walked over to Clara, and patted her head, "and you don't need to be so stiff, relax" Aron said.

Aron was about to return to his seat, but he spotted Siri pass his classroom. He looked at her face, she seemed sad, but only after looking into Aron's classroom. "Wait, did I do something wrong? why is she so sad, I can't let my fellow instructor be sad, that's fucking illegal" Aron told himself. "Mai, watch the classroom, I'll be right back" Aron said before practically sprinting out of the classroom. "How does she walk so fast!" Aron said. He knew where she would be, in the main hanger. he would stop a few feet away from the hanger to catch his breath, before running into the hanger. "Siri!" Aron said while running towards her. He pulled her into a Hug, "Why the fuck are you sad??" He said while hugging her. "that's not allowed, not when I'm around" Aron said with a smile .

Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 Uasal Uasal Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

Interactions: _Line 213 _Line 213

“Let’s see what you-”

Nil shot past him

“-got?”

Alexander made a noise like a strangled steam engine. His rythm accelerated, as he forgot to even speak. Bring the leg up, then let instinct take over to slam it back. He didn’t think about technique or strategies. No time to do so. He just concentrated on the goal, the door, as quickly as possible. His body just figured out how to get the job done. Nil vaguely featured in his subconscious, a poorly defined orange blur he must keep behind him at all costs. Primordial systems kicked in, ancient parts of the brain that formed right at the dawn of nervous systems. Imagined ghouly things from the past with sharp teeth and grabby tentacles right behind him, and urged him onwards. Up the stairs this time. Unnecessary steps he skipped.

The ever present orange blur pulled ahead quickly first, then slower. He started to gain. Too late to make up the wide gulf between him and the blur. Twenty paces and one final burst of speed to go.

The finish line was a slick modern glass in steel frame door. Alexander belatedly realised that slamming into it full speed would be suboptimal. Alas, by that point he stood a good five paces inside the dorms, door handle in one hand and a trail of broken glass behind him.

“Right. Uhm. Call it a draw?” he offered Nil. He looked kind of lost at the handle.

“Sooo. I’ll go tell the janitor an accident happened I guess?”

Nil Odo
Lone Pine Academy Grounds
Interacting with: Alexander ( Dmitri Tolenka Dmitri Tolenka )

Every fiber of the girl's being felt as if it were burning, even the breaths she took to keep her going seemed to cause her pain. And yet, if one were only to see her face, they might never have known.

The shattering of glass heralded the end of the race, yet Nil might have kept going anyway had the metal bottom of the door not caught the front of her foot. As Alexander pulled to a stop inside of the atrium, Nil flipped right over, unceremoniously slamming straight into the tile with the most uncomfortable of noises. Despite Alexander's words, she remained motionless, sprawled out on the ground.

There was just enough of an eerie silence for one's heart to skip a beat.

Then, the girl began to stir, a groan of strained movement slowly becoming a chuckle, then a laugh as she pulled herself together into a sitting position. Though it might have seemed as if her laughter were an attempt to save face, especially as a trail of red began to descend from her forehead, as it went on, it seemed to reveal itself as--or at the very least become--a genuine bout. Nil doubled over in her sitting position, slapping her knee as she did what she could to compose herself. What had even tickled her so?

"...Aaah, look at us! We haven't even been here for a full day, and we're already breaking stuff! I bet Sis would be making one of those faces and trying not to laugh." She pulled herself up onto her feet, reaching up with her hand and wiping away the warm trickle before it could reach the bridge of her nose. She turned, looking out at the open air from which they had come, examining the empty grounds and the buildings beyond in a moment of silence.

"...I can see why she liked it here," she said softly, seemingly both to Alexander and to herself, "it's...it's open, and bright. Even though it's so different, it feels a little bit like Westray, doesn't it."

The silence returned. Nil looked down, her arms and fists tightening at her side for a brief moment as she held her tongue. Briskly, she turned, tossing her bright hair as she looked back to Alexander with deadly seriousness. "...Hey. I want you to promise me something," she said, the tone of her voice entirely changing to match her expression, "I...I want you to promise that if you're going to be here with me, then...then you'll be serious about being a Phantom pilot every step of the way."

She put her fist out, seemingly for a bump to seal the deal. "And even though you're promising this to me, I'm not the one that it's for. Got it? Now promise."

Xf5IYP7.png
S. McClusky
Technical Instructor
Hangar, Lone Pine Academy

Nessi Nessi

One moment Siri was fixed on setting her tools, and the next she was held hostage by Aron's arms. The sweet scent of detergent, accompanied by his assertive words. A brief silence befell them in the empty hangar. Her eyes parted from his, yet she did not resist. She knew that he had caught onto her complex contemplation. Even when pressed, she could not give him an answer that he inquired, for she herself could not find one on her own. A bundle of tangled sentiments, much like a set of earbuds cramped into one's pocket. For the moment, even if his words were just mere courtesy of empathy, Siri wanted to feel it - to embrace it. But it only let to more questions. Was he embracing her as Instructor Roshelle? Or as Aron?

She could not bear to look at him. A certain sense of guilt crept over her. Blatant hypocrisy of her projected image as a calm and collected instructor. Surely, she did not expect him to understand what she was going through. Envy. She came to such a conclusion as she reflected on when Aron and Mai were together. Siri's heart rate accelerated, it was getting harder to breathe. Even in the spacious hangar, it felt as if someone was strangling her, robbing the woman of her respiration. A part of her wanted to return the embrace, to shout out at the top of her lungs how she really felt. But such an endeavor would only result in vain. She hated to lose her composure. A certain sense of pride or perhaps cowardice for not coming to reason.

The other part of her wanted to push Aron away, as far as she could. After all, such was the fate of those that served on the frontlines. To compartmentalize and keep a certain distance from your colleagues was the most pragmatic solution. Attachments tend to bring heartaches and sorrowful memories in the aftermath. Twenty one rounds, a salute, and a medal to sugarcoat the bitterness that followed. That very thought had kept her from being accustomed to overwhelming sentiments, even if she tried her best to keep her acquaintance in the light. It was quite ironic, for one to take up the veil of forlorn hope while preaching of camaraderie. A hypocrite she was, and she was to blame. It was there and then, that she felt a certain contrast of helplessness and feisty oppositions. She had never felt this way before. Perhaps it was the way Aron projected himself over her, like a strong yew shielding the inhabitants of its shades. Even if it was a mere chance of momentary circumstances, Siri wanted to etch this in her heart forever.

"Who are you... to impose terms with my own well-being, Mr. Roshelle? I am the victim and the assailant of my own woes. I... have no answer to give... I... I..." she muttered softly, all the while trying to hold in the crack in her voice. Her complexion grew sour. Those words will not come out.

Just a bit longer, even if you do not reciprocate a wreck of this person's present self, Siri said to herself. Even if she had said those indifferent words to Aron, the woman yearned to not be forgiven, only to dwell in the moment. She never acknowledged it, but she wanted to relinquish everything else to be embraced as thus for as long as she could beg, steal or kill for. Alas, she was betrayed by the bell. The sound cued her narrowing eyes, as she placed her delicate hand upon Aron's chest. A slight sigh would follow.

"You'd best be on your way, wouldn't want to keep your students and Miss Fujiki waiting... Mister Roshelle."

A fool and a coward, Siri told herself. Perhaps it was best that they parted ways for the time being. Siri turned away from Aron, resuming her examination of the lying parts. The reflection of her image on the scrapped engine's glinted surface was more or less a grim one. The same one that saw actions at Verdan two years past. One of bemusements and bottled feelings. But it was there and then, Siri came to a realization - Aron had a profound effect upon her. Could this be... love?

1585645917184.png

Mai Fujiki
Mai was likely the first of the three to notice Siri standing quietly in the hall. Mai was also more than likely the only one to realise why the woman had darted off without so much as a word, clenching her bag with a grip that was certainly uncharacteristic of her. For a long time now Mai had known Siri to have feelings for Aron, for a long time now Mai had known Siri to be confused or ignorant of those very same feelings. For a while now, Mai had known that either one of the two or possibly even both would end up hurt over those very same feelings. So when Siri went darting off without so much as a word Mai knew it was only the beginning of what was to come for both.

When Aron moved to leave the room, Mai wanted desperately to grab a hold of his sleeve and keep him there beside her. Keep him to herself, tell him 'McClusky would be alight' tell him 'Class was about to start' but Mai couldn't. As much as she wanted to, she couldn't. Aron was a kind soul, a man who could never let someone suffer alone no matter the cost to himself. Mai could never stop him from helping another, not now, not ever. Besides that had the roles been reversed she knew Siri wouldn't have held him back either. But still, watching Aron dart off in chase of Siri brought a great wave of pain to Mai, a wave of pain that almost immediately wiped the smile from her face. That made her heartache with anxiety and regret. Mai was jealous, jealous that Aron had darted off after a woman other than herself. But Mai had no time to dwell on those feelings, she had a class to teach and so pushing all those feeling to the back of her mind Mai pushed on. She could always deal with them later when in the comfort of her own home with a tub of ice cream in hand anyway.

To be honest, had a student not been in the room with Mai she likely would have teared up but alas that was not an option. The class was about to start! Puffing up her cheeks Mai huffed and puffed before slapping her face to regain composure. Taking a seat in Aron's chair Mai began quickly glancing through his..... NON EXISTENT CLASS PLAN 'You....have...got....to...be...kidding'. Letting out a soft sigh Mai couldn't help but giggle at the bizarre situation she had found herself in. Turning with a smile to Clara Mai spoke softly "Take a seat, Clara, the class will start in a few minutes. I'm sorry you had to see that but let's keep it a secret from Aron. He's already dealing with someone else, let's not burden him okay!"
Nessi Nessi Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

Eryn Strider
Interaction: Uasal Uasal Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre
chilling_icon.png

Eryn had long since returned to his dorm to prepare for class, and had managed to make it back here in time for some teachers and a student to be making conversation, and in time for him to hear the words "class will start in a few minutes", prompting him to enter and take his seat immediately. The only difference from his usual attire was that he was actually wearing the proper student uniform now, though his earphones remained, with the volume low enough to obviously hear anything he needed to. He seemed to be holding a lollipop in his mouth, but he'd actually finished it a while ago, and was now just holding the stick in his mouth instead.

As he walked through the door, he made a half-salute half-wave at those inside and sat down at the seat closest to said door. He wasn't exactly keen on walking more than he had to, after the double-trip he'd made through the school this morning just to be able to loiter in the infirmary a bit.

Aron Roshelle

Aron would hug Siri for a good 10 seconds before he heard her mutter something."Who are you... to impose terms with my own well-being, Mr. Roshelle? I am the victim and the assailant of my own woes. I... have no answer to give... I... I..." She said. Aron didn't respond, and only held her as best as he could before she pushed him away. Aron frowned when she told him to go away, "I'll leave for now...but I'll be back dammit, maybe we can get some lunch, I know this place with a pizza to die for," Aron said, drooling a little. He quickly wiped his mouth, he was still really hungry. "yeah, we can go for lunch, and talk about whatever is eating you up inside. You better be here, and be ready" Aron said with a smile. He would leave the hanger, and then remembered that Mai had also made him lunch. "oh shit, what the hell am I gonna do, I can't just cancel with Siri, or she'll get even more sad...but at the same time, I can't just throw away food that Mai took time to make for me...Come on Aron, think!" Aron told himself.

"Gavin, hey, Gav, I'm heading out, their's food in the fridge, and I'll bring you some lunch when I'm able too, ok?"

Aron clapped his hands together when he remembered his brother, "That's it! I'll take the lunch Mai made for me, and say that I have to run a few errands, and that I'll take the food with me. I then go pick up Siri, Get lunch with her,force whatever Mai made for me down my brother's throat, and bring her container back to her. Gavin get's fed, and I don't have to pay a single dime, killing two birds with one stone!" Aron said confidently.

Aron entered the classroom, smiling like nothing happened. "crisis averted, everything is fine" Aron announced. He looked at Mai, who was smiling, "good to see that smile Mai" Aron said. He then pulled up his slideshow, and turned on the holographic screen. The title of the slideshow was "Welcome to Lone Pine academy" and had a mini overview of what they would be going over, which was what they would learn over the course of 2 years, basic expectations, and a bit about Aron, and how he got in his position. After that, Aron noticed the new face in the classroom, and waved at him. "Class will start soon, we just gotta wait for your fellow students to get here" Aron said. He then turned his attention to Mai, "did you make sure to let your students know that they should be coming here, rather then your room?" Aron asked her.

Uasal Uasal Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 Doctor Nope Doctor Nope Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

Clara Trinidad

Laughing, laughing is the first thing that came out of Aron's mouth after introducing herself to him. This drove the girl into confusion and the rush of humiliation rushed her bloodstream. What did she say to make him laugh so hard? The last time she checked she was not trying to be a comedian. The answer cannot be found within her perspective but regardless, this made Clara throw into a sudden heart rush.

"H-Huh!? W-ha-!?"

She groaned in confusion. Her eyes looked upset as if she failed a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Her voice was shaky and Aron just sat there chill about the whole scenario as Mai watches her crumble into shame. She does not understand the atmosphere of the room. She won't blend well with Aron's chill laid back nature. Scared out of her mind that Aron could just snap into his true colors at any moment. She suspects that Aron's current facade is only a ploy. That's just how Clara is. She expects the worst from the situation. The moment Aron stood up to walk towards he, Clara took a step back out of instinct that Aron would cause harm. Her hand was no longer saluting but in position to catch Aron's hand. Like how a scared victim of Abuse would block the abuser's hand, only to be treated with a gentle headpat which caught her by surprise again. It was obvious that Clara is not used to friendly gestures.

"No! Please don't hurt me!"

She begged as she grits her teeth behind the mask. Completely ignoring Aron's suggestion of breakfast, can't blame him as she is behaving like a irrational kid who hasn't eaten for days. Aron left the room to answer some sort of emergency, bypassing her as she stood agaisnt his way. She instantly moved over the door step to make way. Here Clara saw a figure of a woman passing by like a ghost. She cannot identify her as she passed by quickly but she knows it was a woman. Clara is left alone with Mai, Aron's co-partner in today's lesson. She hasn't taken any seat yet. Letting Mai express herself freely while she watches, silent awkwardness filled the air. It didn't take long before Mai started to behave strangely. This brought a high alert in Clara's head that she could be potentially be in danger. She could walk out the door but overthinking that she would caught in trouble if she leaves for breakfast as she declares that she will not leave the room for breakfast. Her eyes redirected to the door as she felt Mai would do something to her. Her body started to turn towards the door, slowly. Mai was speaking softly to herself,followed with a giggle. This was enough for her to walk out the door out of fear.

"Y-yes maam..."

Instructed to take a seat and not to inform Aron about the whole expression of her Aron leaving the room. What else can she say? Her submissive side got the best of her. The seat she took is located in the front row far opposite to the classroom exit. She hasn't said another word as silently took her seat. Another student has enetered the classroom. Her world stopped when she instantly recognized the boy upon entering. Their encounter with him was not the smoothest, she avoided eye contact with him. Soon after, Aron returned home to the Classroom with the same demeanor as he left. Clara can't help but remember her interaction with Mai. Despite the fact that Aron was talking to Mai, she rose her hand from her seat. If acknowledged, this will be her question.

"Excuse me! Sir! Is there a clinic in this academy, Aron? I mean- Sir!"

Nessi Nessi Uasal Uasal Doctor Nope Doctor Nope

Interactions: _Line 213 _Line 213 Doctor Nope Doctor Nope Uasal Uasal Nessi Nessi Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

“Nil?” Alexander asked after a second. Questionable noises sounded out that vaguely resemble words.

“Nil?” Alexander repeated. He kneeled down beside her, and brushed an errant lock of hair aside. He let out a breath of relief when the laughter started. Such a small thing like a door couldn’t take Nil down. The laughter did not distract his attention away from her head wound. It didn’t seem much, just a light cut on her scalp, but he was hardly an expert.

"...Aaah, look at us! We haven't even been here for a full day, and we're already breaking stuff! I bet Sis would be making one of those faces and trying not to laugh."

“Not gonna lie. I think she’d fuss over your head first. Then scold.” he replied. Satisfied Nil wasn’t about to keel over from her injury he rose to stand beside her. He winced as soon as she mentioned home, and could only reply with a mild grunt. He cast his mind’s eye back to the rolling hills and forests around their old hometown. Back to the old road with the diner that sold cheap sweets. Back to that friendly old lady behind the counter and the playground with the secret stash. He briefly saw all of it, and compared it to the sight before him.

There was little overlap there. For the moment.

“It lacks memories.” he finally said.
"...Hey. I want you to promise me something," she said, the tone of her voice entirely changing to match her expression, "I...I want you to promise that if you're going to be here with me, then...then you'll be serious about being a Phantom pilot every step of the way."

He glanced aside when the tone took a turn from wistful to serious. The second her stance changed alongside her voice, he stared straight back into her eyes. Carefully listening, and considering everything she said. He rolled her words around in his head. For Cero? For all those fallen? He firmply pressed his own knuckles to hers.

“It is a promise then. All the way. I’ll catch you when you stumble, you catch me when I stumble and we’ll graduate together.”

As they held knuckles together, out of the corner of his eye, he could see his watch. Oh.

Oh bugger.

“We got to hurry. I’ll see you in class. I have a roommate that could tend to your head quickly, catch you outside the classroom.” he said quickly. As he turned back, he couldn’t help but shout over his shoulder.

“Just remember. You’re not alone.”

----

He nearly burst down the door of his shared room too, and sadly found it bereft of one Eryn. He raced through a shower and toothbrushing routine. Four minutes, thirty six seconds, a new personal best. The infirmary likewise proved empty, which left a single option. He poked his head into the classroom, only to find a student asking about a clinic.Not his primary concern right now. He let the teachers answer the question as he snapped off a quick salute, then took a seat next to Eryn.

“Morning. A student with a slight cut to her head is inbound. Possible glass shards in the cut, no indication of other injury. Also apologies if I woke you up early.” He rattled off quickly. He takes a further note of the awkward raven haired student.

“Did I miss anything?”

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back