• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

[tabletop simulator] Fate/Drifters themed Hybrid RP/Wargame

SAIGO-NO-HEATS

A drifter, returned
Just want to get a pulse check as to whether or not this is interesting to anyone.

I’m looking at putting together a Miniature Wargame campaign loosely inspired by The Fate series and the Anime Drifters.

The basic gist is that each player is in control of an army led by a mythical or historical hero as they war against each other in a strange new world. RP elements would decide diplomacy and campaign goals while the actual battles would take place on a simulation in the Tabletop Simulator program.

If this sounds up anyone’s alley, let me know. I’m looking to put together a group of about 4 people before starting.

Here's some screenshots with some of the models I've been making for the game to give sort of a feel for how the battle portions will look:

20191203211405_1.jpg

20191209013626_1.jpg

20191209013614_1.jpg

20191209013546_1.jpg

The battles will be run with a model neutral system called saga, So the appearance of your army is totally up to you. I've mainly been building my armies using images off Pinterest. At the moment I've already built several armies to cover the main faction archetypes in case we need to get started quickly.

There are also extensive elections of models on the steam workshop.

Similarly all rules for the wargame portion are available digitally and can be provided for anyone joining in on the campaign. I'm assuming most people here are New to the Saga system, so I'll also be there to walk everyone through the first few games til we get our berrings.

Haha I just spent the last week learning D&D, but I am definitely interested in a fate styled dice rp. I think a good way to actually insert drama into an rp like that is by pitting two people against eachother with the knowledge that they can die. As opposed to the free form rp where no one can die unless both parties accept it. It just goes against the brutality of the series lol. If you have a link to the rules I can get myself acquainted with them by the end of the week.

Also I have never seen drifters. So that will probably be the biggest hurdle for me personally.

Haha I just spent the last week learning D&D, but I am definitely interested in a fate styled dice rp. I think a good way to actually insert drama into an rp like that is by pitting two people against eachother with the knowledge that they can die. As opposed to the free form rp where no one can die unless both parties accept it. It just goes against the brutality of the series lol. If you have a link to the rules I can get myself acquainted with them by the end of the week.

Also I have never seen drifters. So that will probably be the biggest hurdle for me personally.

Sorry but I haven't been able to drum up enough support for this idea even on other sites so I won't be going forward with it. Thank you for you interest though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back